Montgomery [and Klayman!] v. Comey (D.D.C.)

bob

Montgomery [and Klayman!] v. Comey (D.D.C.)

Post by bob » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:21 am

Circa: Did the FBI have evidence of a breach larger than Snowden? A lawsuit says yes.:
A former U.S. intelligence contractor tells Circa he walked away with more than 600 million classified documents on 47 hard drives from the National Security Agency and the CIA, a haul potentially larger than Edward Snowden's now infamous breach.

And now he is suing former FBI Director James Comey and other government figures, alleging the bureau has covered up evidence he provided them showing widespread spying on Americans that violated civil liberties.

The suit, filed late Monday night by Dennis Montgomery, was assigned to the same federal judge who has already ruled that some of the NSA's collection of data on Americans violates the U.S. Constitution’s Fourth Amendment, setting up an intriguing legal proceeding in the nation’s capital this summer.

“This domestic surveillance was all being done on computers supplied by the FBI," Montgomery told Circa in an interview. "So these supercomputers, which are FBI computers, the CIA is using them to do domestic surveillance."

"They're doing this domestic surveillance on Americans, running a project on U.S. soil," Montgomery alleged. He did not disclose the classified name of the project but said he revealed all aspects of the project during his interview with the FBI.

"Can you imagine what someone can do with the information they were collecting on Americans, can you imagine that kind of power."
Some docs at the link; I think we've seen them all as part of the Risen case.

P&E: Former NSA and CIA Contractor Dennis Montgomery a Topic on Hannity:
LAWSUIT FILED AGAINST FORMER FBI DIRECTOR, OBAMA, ET AL

At 10:13 p.m. EDT on Tuesday, Fox News host Sean Hannity spoke with Circa’s John Solomon and Sara Carter, who reported that former CIA and NSA contractor Dennis Montgomery filed a lawsuit against former FBI Director James Comey for allegedly jettisoning an investigation of his report of massive government surveillance of private citizens made two years ago.

Solomon and Carter reported that they interviewed Montgomery in person and that he claimed that the personal information of up to 20 million Americans was collected at some point by government agencies without a warrant.

The birth certificate issue was not raised by Hannity or his guests.
The complaint filed in D.D.C. (No. 17-1074.) Montgomery and Klayman are the plaintiffs; Comey, FBI, NSA and its director, Brennan, Pompeo, CIA, Clapper, Coats, and Obama are the defendants. Prayer for relief is for $16M in compensatory damages and $235M in punitive damages; and return Montgomery's hard drives.

(Although this suit will suffer the same fate as Klayman's other attention-getting attempts, I felt it deserved its own thread.)

Imagex4 Imagex2 Imagex2 Imagex2

Gregg

Re: Montgomery v. Comey (D.D.C.)

Post by Gregg » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:20 am

It'll be the lead story on Fox News this Thursday. :cantlook:

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 4:43 am

Wait...Arpaio and Zullo's Dennis Montgomery? All the nuts are linking themselves up. We are living in a bad detective novel.

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:12 am

Another alleged steaming pile of :shit: from the law offices post office box of Larry Klayman.

"“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention.”

Heather Heyer, November 2016

gupwalla

Post by gupwalla » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:19 am

Klayman and Montgomery are getting a lot of mileage out of their Al Jazeera DVR cache and sekrit decoder ring, aren't they? Does this mean that he's managed to get his hard drives back from the FBI where he stashed them during discovery in the Risen case - or maybe he suddenly realized he had backups?

All statements, implicit and explicit, are opinion unless proven as factual in a court of law.

In a wilderness of mirrors, what will the spider do beyond the circuit of the shuddering Bear in fractured atoms? -TS Eliot (somewhat modified)

All warfare is based on deception. - Sun Tzu

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:26 am

Whatever4 wrote:Wait...Arpaio and Zullo's Dennis Montgomery? All the nuts are linking themselves up. We are living in a bad detective novel.
For those of us who weren't around way back when, can someone explain the Montgomery's connection to the birthers?

Grazie.

Am I being detained?

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:31 am

The way I read it the FBI still has the hard drives. Montgomery is complaining they never conducted the investigation they promised when he turned them over to the FBI. I don't recall the FBI promised anything. Montgomery dumped a bunch of hard drives on the FBI claiming they contained evidence of a crime. Coincidentally they also allegedly contained the only copy of the alleged software Montgomery had written and that he was under court order to produce in Montgomery v Risen.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:41 am

NotaPerson wrote: For those of us who weren't around way back when, can someone explain the Montgomery's connection to the birthers?

Grazie.
Montgomery is a first class con man who is supposed to be a computer whiz. Someone (probably Larry Klayman) hooked up Montgomery with Joe Arpaio and Cold Case Posse lead Mike Zullo to ostensibly help with the Obama birth certificate investigation. Zullo and a couple of Arpaio's deputies spent months in Seattle with Montgomery working on the birth certificate investigation. Montgomery was able to convince them he had evidence that various agencies including the DoJ were spying on Arapio and many others including Judge Murray Snow who was presiding over the civil rights case against Arpaio. Snow determined what was really going on was that they were trying to dig up dirt that Snow was improperly communicating with the DoJ to carry out a vendetta to get Arpaio.

It's documented in multiple articles by Stephen Lemons at the Phoenix New Times.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:46 am

For those who haven't been filling out a scorecard, THERE IS allegedly NOTHING USEFUL ON THOSE 47 HARD DRIVES. Montgomery allegedly gave the hard drives to Zullo, who allegedly gave them to Arpaio, and Shurf Joe's people allegedly looked at them and allegedly said it was nothing but allegedly absolute junk.

Montgomery had allegedly told Zullo and Arpaio that there was allegedly proof of wrongdoing by Judge Snow on those allegedly hard drives (Snow was allegedly supposedly conspiring with Eric Holder under orders allegedly from Obama to allegedly destroy Arpaio), and Arpaio was hoping to hell there was allegedly real proof of it on those allegedly hard drives, because he allegedly wanted to allegedly blackmail Judge Snow into allegedly dropping the anti-profiling case. However, allegedly when Arpaio's people looked at the allegedly contents of the allegedly hard drives, what they allegedly found, according to Arpaio's testimony allegedly under oath, was allegedly "junk" and nothing but junk.

But ... Grossly Inappropriate Larry has allegedly learned, allegedly through experience with allegedly other lawsuits, that he will be allegedly able to allegedly stall the allegedly courts allegedly for several years by allegedly promising and allegedly threatening to allegedly disclose what's on the allegedly hard drives, and then allegedly using all kinds of tricks to allegedly postpone and allegedly avoid actually allegedly disclosing them. At this point, he allegedly knows he can allegedly claim any kind of thing is on those allegedly hard drives, and allegedly he'll never have to allegedly produce them. He's allegedly getting a lot of mileage by allegedly running around allegedly claiming there's allegedly proof of all kinds of crimes allegedly committed by Obama on those allegedly hard drives, but Arpaio's people allegedly already allegedly looked and allegedly found there wasn't anything allegedly worthwhile at all on them.

In fact, I don't allegedly think either Montgomery or Klayman have allegedly physical allegedly possession of the allegedly hard drives today. Aren't they allegedly still at the MCSO allegedly offices?

"Hold mah bier." - Jomas Thefferson

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:29 am

IIRC, Montgomery filched beaucoup dollars from the MCSO. That's a significant fact.

I love the poorly educated!!!

I believe Anita Hill!

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:50 am

Absolutely right, Ms. Filly. I recall that MCSO provided $50,000 to Montgomery just for computer equipment, and I wuz thinkin', how the heck do you spend $50,000 on computer equipment nowadays? But Arpaio was just that desperate to get something he could use to blackmail Judge Snow.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 am

I think we are confusing two sets of hard drives. I think the 47 hard drives that Arpaio was trying to have destroyed are still in possession of the Judge Snow's court or the monitor in Arizona. The hard drives that Montgomery turned over to the FBI supposedly contained the source code for Montgomery's magic spyware and evidence that the FBI and CIA was spying on everyone.

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:05 am

The Arizona Republic wrote about Montgomery's origins: it was Montgomery's former partner, Tim Blixseth, who brought Montgomery to Arpaio and the MCSO.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:14 am

Also too Montgomery sued reporter James Risen for writing that he was a fraud and a scammer. Monty lost. :lol:

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/4 ... y-v-risen/

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:15 am

Because of GIL's propensity to sue people, I would suggest posters on this thread review their posts and add the magic word "allegedly" where appropriate.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:18 am

While I agree with everything said so far, I think characterizing Montgomery as a "first class conman" is over the top, third rate maybe, if you squint real hard. If conning a senile old fool pretending to be Shurf out of $50k more or less is anything but a pittance. First class conmen retire to someplace nice and warm with a big house and servants and no extradition treaties, near as I can tell Montgomery is pretty much living hand to mouth, not to mention at death's door, and trying to scam hush money out of people with Lyin' Larry's law suits, and so far he has struck out every time. When you're a "first class conman" and you can't even get the FBI interested in you after you apparently tried to rip them off, that has to hurt.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:19 am

Good idea.

Larry Klayman is allegedly a walking, talking asshole.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:23 am

Yes, but he fooled several government agencies including the DoD and conned them out of millions in contracts for his worthless software that supposedly could decode secret Al Qaeda messages from the Al Jazeera network broadcasts. The stuff he did for Arpaio wasn't even third rate.

It's not clear where his money went or whether the bulk of the money went to his partners Warren Trepp and later Tim Blixeth.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:47 am

Reality Check wrote:Yes, but he fooled several government agencies including the DoD and conned them out of millions in contracts for his worthless software that supposedly could decode secret Al Qaeda messages from the Al Jazeera network broadcasts. The stuff he did for Arpaio wasn't even third rate.

It's not clear where his money went or whether the bulk of the money went to his partners Warren Trepp and later Tim Blixeth.
I know there is comment that he did in fact scam the DoD, but whose word are we taking for the dollar count? I have a really hard time believing that if he got away with that large an amount of money, particularly from whom he allegedly scammed it, that he would have stuck around. It is still not clear if he was scamming Blixeth or if Blixeth was scamming him, or if it was all just poorly reproted, but if he was such a good conman why was he living in someone else's house until he got tossed out, just before he took up with the Shurf as I recall? I just can't make the math work on this one. It does come to mind that Montgomery would appear to be an habitual and serial liar, to the point I'm not even sure he knows what the truth is anymore assuming he ever did, and that taking ANYTHING he says or said as even remotely factual is a BAD idea. I will also agree that his little effort towards the Shurf and the Kommandant was strictly amateur city, but then considering the marks, that would have been all it would have taken.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jun 07, 2017 11:50 am

Sigh.

Why throw caution to the wind?

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:11 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Because of GIL's propensity to sue people, I would suggest posters on this thread review their posts and add the magic word "allegedly" where appropriate.
All fixed. Allegedly look up. That's how you allegedly do it, peeps. :mrgreen:
Reality Check wrote:I think we are confusing two sets of hard drives. I think the 47 hard drives that Arpaio was trying to have destroyed are still in possession of the Judge Snow's court or the monitor in Arizona. The hard drives that Montgomery turned over to the FBI supposedly contained the source code for Montgomery's magic spyware and evidence that the FBI and CIA was spying on everyone.
That's UNPOSSIBLE. We're talking about NINETY FOUR hard drives that just coincidentally are broken into two groups of 47 each?

No. :nope: :talktothehand:

When Arpaio testified in Snow's court, he said Montgomery told him the hard drives had evidence of the federal government spying on everybody, including Judge Snow. That's what he said he was doing -- trying to protect the judge from government spying :lol: . But he said they were junk.

It SOUNDS like two different sets of hard drives because ALLEGEDLY Klayman is so allegedly talented at falsely describing the alleged contents that his alleged descriptions of the alleged contents are allegedly so different. But Klayman is allegedly such an allegedly talented alleged liar that next week (allegedly) he's going to claim that those 47 allegedly hard drives allegedly contain evidence that Obama was allegedly born in Kenya, allegedly the son of Malcolm Allegedly X and a lady allegedly from Duluth.

Allegedly. :blink:

bob

Post by bob » Wed Jun 07, 2017 12:23 pm

Reality Check wrote:I think we are confusing two sets of hard drives. I think the 47 hard drives that Arpaio was trying to have destroyed are still in possession of the Judge Snow's court or the monitor in Arizona. The hard drives that Montgomery turned over to the FBI supposedly contained the source code for Montgomery's magic spyware and evidence that the FBI and CIA was spying on everyone.
They sure sound like the same; as the Arizona Republic wrote:
Blixseth said [to Arpaio that] Montgomery told him he was paid by the government to build a computer called "the Hammer" that could hack into various databases, collecting information on millions of U.S. residents. The data, Blixseth said, included recordings of phone calls. It also included bank transactions and call records. Blixseth also told Arpaio that Montgomery knew details about who faked Obama's birth certificate.

Blixseth told Arpaio that he had seen portions of the data. “I see Donald Trump in there a zillion times,” he said, according to a recording of the meeting.

Arpaio asked Blixseth if his name was in the database. “That’s important,” he said, according to the recording.

Blixseth told Sheriff’s Officials that an investigation into the veracity of the database would be simple. They could find residents of Maricopa County, take the hacked data to them, and ask them to verify that the account information or phone numbers were theirs. Doing so, Blixseth said, would allow Arpaio to prove officials violated portions of the Patriot Act that governed surveillance.

Additionally, Montgomery also produced evidence he said proved that Judge G. Murray Snow was colluding with the U.S. Department of Justice against Arpaio. That detail, first reported in New Times, became part of Arpaio's federal trial. Snow, on the stand, asked Arpaio whether his office had indeed investigated him. Arpaio admitted he had.
Too also: Back in 2015, it looks like the FBI told Klayman that the hard drives dumped on the FBI contained oodles of data and the source code.

Bonus:
Records show that Montgomery was paid at least $40,000 as an informant.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

IIRC, the FBI communicated to the court that Montgomery dumped the hard drives on them claiming they contained classified information but they were not going to be doing any sort of investigation given the size and lack of any sort of documentation. They said if Montgomery could point out where the source code could be found they would check that and see if there was classified material among the source code of the software. I do not recall them making any agreement to investigate anything outside of looking for classified info among the software code, should Monty help them find the actual code.

At a glance, it appears to me that there is some allegedly hot pants being worn by Montgomery and Klayman.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:17 pm

bob wrote:Too also: Back in 2015, it looks like the FBI told Klayman that the hard drives dumped on the FBI contained oodles of data and the source code.
Per the link, what the FBI told Klayman was that Montgomery said the drives contained the data and source code, but didn't provide information to help the government locate or produce the software:

Reality Check

Post by Reality Check » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:40 pm

These may be two sets of the same data but there are definitely two sets of hard drives involved. One set was turned over to the FBI at a field office in Miramar, FL in 2015. This is from a letter the FBI wrote to Klayman in September 2015:
FBI Letter Klayman.jpg
FBI Letter Klayman2.jpg

[
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Other Fringe Groups & Individuals”