Lawyers Behaving Badly

pipistrelle

Re: Lawyers Behaving Badly

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 18, 2018 5:39 am

The flipout at the fast-food place was weird enough, but that video of him randomly going after Shaun King's friend makes me wonder if there's something seriously wrong with him.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 am

Has Trump just emboldened these bigots or has he created some of them? He has had at least two years of attention during which his many hatreds could be spread to others like the plague. Nobody is born a bigot. Parents are often to blame when bigotry develops, but it can also be clergy, teschers, neighbors, or friends who foster bigotry. Whatever responsibility Trump has, he is causing harm to the nation greater than any of his predecessors. I hope that he leaves office discredited, broken, and humiliated, but I am not sure that bigots will ever reform.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 18, 2018 7:28 am

Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg ran away from reporters, called and the phone and overheard saying : they are yelling, they are claiming things that are not true, they are not letting me move, I am cornered.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 am

Racist lawyer Aaron Schlossberg ran away from reporters, called and the phone and overheard saying : they are yelling, they are claiming things that are not true, they are not letting me move, I am cornered.
I don't agree with what the reporters did (although it may be standard procedure), but isn't all of that what he did to those folks at the restaurant?

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Fri May 18, 2018 8:42 am

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 9:52 pm
SuzieC wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:32 pm
What a total fucking jackass. Trump has emboldened the jackass society.
And it has emboldened those of us who will use means at hand to deliver the consequences of their actions to those jackasses that we can. I'm thinking that his career is now going to be a heap of smoldering rubble for the rest of his life.

The only problem with what happened to this douchebag is that only a small number of the people who are doing stuff like this receive the consequences that Schlossberg has rained down on himself. And the worst, like the giant orange shitgibbon, are better at escaping consequences than penny-ante scum like this.
:like:

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 am

He appears to be very fit.

Gabe Gonzalez

@gaybonez
This is Aaron Schlossberg running from reporters.

Happy to report that after watching this 16 times, I still laugh just as hard.

4:06 PM - May 17, 2018

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:00 am

Andrew J. Padilla
@apadillafilm6
Follow Follow @apadillafilm6
More
Tonight's Latin Party at racist Aaron Schlossberg's midtown office has been moved.

Since he lost his office space, the party has been moved to outside his apartment building.

I love #NYC

Up to date info here:

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri May 18, 2018 9:02 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:20 am
I don't agree with what the reporters did (although it may be standard procedure), but isn't all of that what he did to those folks at the restaurant?
He attacked innocents who had done nothing to him. Reporters are reacting to that. Its called consequences.

Not the same thing at all.

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri May 18, 2018 9:15 am

Pro trip to Schlossberg: When you run away from reporters, don't look back.* It makes you look more ridiculous.

*(Not a Satchel Paige reference.)

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:17 am

The offices Schlossberg was evicted from-

https://www.corporatesuites.com/office- ... enue-NY-NY

You can get real office space-
Madison Avenue has a storied past as the premier advertising district of New York City. Today, it is home to businesses not only in advertising, but technology, finance, and fashion, among others. Our 275 Madison Avenue Business Center at 40th Street is the perfect location to broadcast your company’s message to the world, located near Times Square, Grand Central Terminal, and Bryant Park – putting you in the center of the world’s most active business district.

Located a short walk from Grand Central Terminal, Corporate Suites at 275 Madison Avenue coworking space and office space provides everything you need to succeed. The building features an on-site Gourmet Deli and Bank Branch, as well as an impressive, secured lobby with 24/7 access. Many award–winning restaurants, banks, shops, and hotels are located nearby – with Fifth Avenue to the west and Park Avenue to the east, there is no shortage of prestigious businesses in the area, from retail, to eateries and corporate headquarters.
Or you can get phony office space-
Need a virtual office? Madison Avenue provides a prestigious mailing address located in the heart of New York City, minutes from Grand Central and a short walk from Port Authority and Penn Station, making it the perfect location to meet with your clients in tastefully decorated meeting rooms with the best in teleconferencing technologies. An attractive reception area with professional staff to greet you, your employees and your clients, offering phone answering services and mail handling, giving your business the look and feel of a Manhattan headquarters without the associated costs. When you’re ready to expand, our furnished, dedicated offices provide the perfect environment in which to grow and maintain your business.
Corporates Suites doesn't have the whole building, just the 6th and 14th floors.

Lots of shared spaces. That is probably why Corporate Suites evicted Schlossberg. The other 14th floor tenants would not be able to avoid seeing him.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 18, 2018 9:23 am

If there's a reason one doesn't care for a business and/or its employees for whatever reason, isn't it just easier to walk out and take one's business elsewhere? Less drama, less paparazzi. I recall back in the days before employees could linger and smoke right outside the front door any any particular business. Offensive to me to walk through a haze of smoke to enter the business, but I didn't rant and rave, I merely walked away and took my business elsewhere. Easy peasy.

But LOL the video of him running and then walking it backwards.

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri May 18, 2018 9:27 am

Lani wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:05 am
Somerset wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 12:39 am
The Law Office of Aaron M Schlossberg
6 hrs ·
I sincerely thank those few nice people who supported me in such a hard time. Especially, Mr. David Duke, Mr. Alex Jones, Senator Steve King and Mr. David Dennison. You have restored my faith in humanity.
This has got to be performance art. It's over the top even for a racist.
:gotalink: Please.
It’s on his Facebook page. I tried to paste a link but Foggy’s software said something about bad IP addresses.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am

Sorry I'm going to have to run, looks like his FB page is a hoot. He's crying like an author who just got a bad review :roll:
Edit: Could this be a spoof page and not the real deal?

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am

Kendra wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am
Thanks Kendra!

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:36 am

Schlossberg differs from many of the other people with similar views and behaviors in that he had a business and a web presence that did not tout those bigoted views. Some of his web presence was not in his control such as Yelp.

After the Fresh Kitchen video went viral his identity could be and was discovered. He was vulnerable. Many racists don't have much to lose. Many racists live in communities where a lot of folk share their values.

Schlossberg has a lot to lose. He lives in one of the most diverse communities on the planet where most people oppose his ideas. Most people in his profession aspire to a certain level of decorum which does not include freaking out because someone speaks Spanish within their hearing.

Schlossberg has become a target not just for his own sins but also for the sins of others like him.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:46 am

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri May 18, 2018 9:48 am

To be perfectly consistent, Schlossbeg should be insisting everyone on the island of Manhattan speak Algonkian or the Mohegan language.

What we are seeing is an insecure privileged white man watching his status threatened. We talk about "affirmative action," but privileged, entitled white men such as Schlossberg are the ones who have been affirmatively helped by a society that has put them on the fast track.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:51 am

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri May 18, 2018 9:53 am

A long article on Schlossberg at BuzzFeed.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/tasneemnashrul ... .crDZJK3Ob
Online court records matching Schlossberg's name and birth date indicate he was arrested in Philadelphia in 2009 for disorderly conduct. The charge was dismissed about two months later.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am

Somerset wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:35 am
Kendra wrote:
Thanks Kendra!
Y'all know that's fake, right?

HilltownGrrl

Post by HilltownGrrl » Fri May 18, 2018 10:00 am

I know this likely makes me a bad, bad person, but I loved, absolutely loved, the NY Post reporter scrum video. The questions (paraphrasing) 'why don't you want to show your face, don't you want to stand by what you said?' & 'at what age did you decide to become a racist?' made me laugh. And then when he huddled against the wall calling the police saying he was trapped & the people are being mean to him?! :rotflmao: I've watched it multiple times & enjoyed every minute of it each time*.

This guy has three videos showing him shouting at people he thinks are lesser than he is. I have no (none, nada, zip, zero) sympathy for him being badgered by the NYC reporters. He deserves every minute of it.

*I had no idea I could be this vindictive. The things I'm learning about myself in the reign of Trump are...surprising.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Fri May 18, 2018 11:01 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am
Somerset wrote:
Kendra wrote:
Thanks Kendra!
I suspected as much, but had to drop and run and didn't get back to his page. I think I edited the OP with the link to it.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Fri May 18, 2018 11:34 am

Volkonski wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 am
He appears to be very fit.
:snippity:
It's a good thing, too. Looks like he's going to need those running shoes until the next big thing breaks on the Twitter machine. That video is hilarious.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Somerset

Post by Somerset » Fri May 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 9:55 am
Somerset wrote:
Kendra wrote:
Thanks Kendra!
I originally said it had to be performance art or something like that. It's over the top even for this scum puppy. So in a roundabout way, I was asking if it was fake ;)

Return to “Courts, Law, and Legal Issues”