Bragg Manhattan DA charges tfg? Hush money. tfg “INDICATED!”

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Standard palybook for Necheles as she is trying to use minor inconsistencies like was it a dinner or a snack, was it a dinner with no food to portray Daniels as changing her story in different accounts. Daniels isn't playing along and calls her out for the trickery.
Adam Klasfeld @KlasfeldReports
9m
Replying to @KlasfeldReports
Daniels: "I have maintained that he did not physically threaten me in any way."

Trump's lawyer tries to suggest that Daniels told Vogue something different in 2018, which Daniels rejects.

"You're trying to make me say that [my story] changed, but it hasn't changed.
2m
Usually, after a friendly direct-examination, a contentious cross is where witnesses lose their cool — but with Stormy Daniels, the opposite has been true.

Unflappable.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

A . I guess he was having a party for his vodka release
party , he reached out and asked me if I would attend.
Q.
A.
Did you agree to go?
Yes.
Why did you agree to go?
Q.
A . For the same reason, I wanted to maintain that sort of
relationship because the celebrity -- the chance to be on the
The Apprentice was still up in the air and it would have been a
great thing. It would have been great for my career, especially
when it was framed as being a writer and director.
public event.
MS . NECHELES : Objection.
THE COUR T: Sustained.
MS . NECHELES: Move to strike.
It was a
THE COURT: Ms. Daniels, please keep the answer
short. Listen to the question and answer the question .
The object i on is ove rruled.
MS . HOFFINGER : Thank you
I thought that her legal name was Stephanie Clifford. Stormy Daniels is just her stage name.

I would think that, in court, one's legal name would be used, not a stage name.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

noblepa wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 am :snippity: I thought that her legal name was Stephanie Clifford. Stormy Daniels is just her stage name.

At the beginning of her testimony the assistant DA asked her what name she preferred to be referred and she said "Stormy Daniels". I think Mechan was just respecting her wish.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

41s
Asked about Trump's indictment, Daniels deadpans: "There are a lot of indictments."

Necheles: I move to strike that your honor.
Overruled.
Ouch! That had to hurt. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Cross concludes.

Necheles's closing argument decoded: So you're a slut and thus couldn't possibly have been shocked to see a guy in boxers on the bed, so you made it up, right?

So transparent. Good luck with that, fuckhead.
bob

Post by bob »

I'll defer to the experts, but this doesn't feel like effective cross.
Image ImageImage
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

p0rtia wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:58 am Cross concludes.

Necheles's closing argument decoded: So you're a slut and thus couldn't possibly have been shocked to see a guy in boxers on the bed, so you made it up, right?

So transparent. Good luck with that, fuckhead.
I'd be forever traumatized seeing dookiepants in boxers and tee
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Katie Phang on Twitter wrote:NECHELES: “Even though you had agreed that you would not discuss this supposed story and you had received a lot of money for that agreement, you then decided that you wanted to publicly say that you had sex with Donald Trump.”

DANIELS: “No, nobody would ever want to publicly say that”. I wanted to publicly defend myself after Michael Cohen told that story.
https://x.com/KatiePhang/status/1788571649643601982
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I was hoping DA Hoffinger would keep the re-direct brief and she did. That is a sign of how well Daniels did on cross x. Let's see if Necheles wants to continue to dig the hole. I suspect not.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Years ago, when this story first came out, I had read something about Stormy looking to transition into stand-up comedy now that she was aging out of the adult film industry.

I'd buy that ticket.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:22 pm Years ago, when this story first came out, I had read something about Stormy looking to transition into stand-up comedy now that she was aging out of the adult film industry.

I'd buy that ticket.
I'm listening the the Original Cast Recording of Suffs, which is a musical about the Suffragette Movement produced by HRC & Malala during her testimony
castigat ridendo mores.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Reality Check wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:51 am
noblepa wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:44 am :snippity: I thought that her legal name was Stephanie Clifford. Stormy Daniels is just her stage name.

At the beginning of her testimony the assistant DA asked her what name she preferred to be referred and she said "Stormy Daniels". I think Mechan was just respecting her wish.
Not to go all sov cit here, but there is a widely recognized common law right to change one's name without legal proceedings. The boundaries of the right are fuzzy, and there are institutions that won't go along for certain purposes, but if she has decided to go by "Stormy Daniels," it's a "legal" name.
Flatpoint High
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

chancery wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 pm

Not to go all sov cit here, but there is a widely recognized common law right to change one's name without legal proceedings. The boundaries of the right are fuzzy, and there are institutions that won't go along for certain purposes, but if she has decided to go by "Stormy Daniels," it's a "legal" name.
that's how I changed my name in 1988. the Usage Method.
castigat ridendo mores.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Great analysis of Stormy’s initial cross by Karen Agnifilo.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

golf.jpg
golf.jpg (52.96 KiB) Viewed 401 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:sick:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

https://x.com/AnnaBower/status/1788615336524185926
Anna Bower
@AnnaBower

Once jurors are gone, Blanche rises to say that the defense wants to raise three new issues related to witness testimony. One is a renewed motion for mistrial regarding Daniels' testimony. They also want to preclude McDougal's testimony and have a matter related to the gag order concerning "the witness who just testified."
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Why yes, fuckhead, you can most certainly respond freely to what Ms. Daniels said.

Farcical.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

p0rtia wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 pm Why yes, fuckhead, you can most certainly respond freely to what Ms. Daniels said.

Farcical.
Katie Phang's comment on Twitter was that Trump has the option to respond to Stormy's narrative, yes, he is free to testify in the trial, those are the rules and that is his right.

I'm sorry, my hearing's, not so good, did somebody whisper "but perjury"? And is that muttering "cross-examination would be fun"?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

chancery wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 12:32 pm

I understand all that. For that matter, a woman need not go to court to assume her husband's surname when she marries. She just needs to notify all credit cards, banks, employers, etc. of the change, and then begin using her new name.

I just wasn't sure whether Ms. Daniels had decided to live as Stormy Daniels or Stephanie Clifford.

I know that some celebrities do go by their stage name and some don't. Martin Sheen, for example, still has his birth name, Juan Estivez, on his driver's license. I once saw an interview, in which he said he was proud of his hispanic heritage and chose not to change it.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

I'm not following this thread that closely. What's the disagreement? She says four and he says seven?
Largo al factotum.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:45 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:22 pm Why yes, fuckhead, you can most certainly respond freely to what Ms. Daniels said.

Farcical.
Katie Phang's comment on Twitter was that Trump has the option to respond to Stormy's narrative, yes, he is free to testify in the trial, those are the rules and that is his right.

I'm sorry, my hearing's, not so good, did somebody whisper "but perjury"? And is that muttering "cross-examination would be fun"?
Exactly.

Pleeeez Mr. Thug Judge, remove the gag order so I can bash Stormy out the wazoo. No no no, I can't wait till I have a chance to testify (fingers crossed!); I have to do it NOOOOOWWWWW, you meany!!! Wah!

Necheles et al. must be chartreuse with embarrassment. Or not.
bob

Post by bob »

To be very charitable: the argument likely will be:

1. It never happened, Daniels is an extortionist, and it was a business decision to kill a fake story.

3. Ergo, not a fraudulent business record!

It is a spaghetti defense (throw it against the wall and see what sticks) intended to create ("reasonable") doubt.
Because the prosecutor's witnesses are all liars, cons, or both.
Image ImageImage
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

bob wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:45 pm To be very charitable: the argument likely will be:

1. It never happened, Daniels is an extortionist, and it was a business decision to kill a fake story.

3. Ergo, not a fraudulent business record!

It is a spaghetti defense (throw it against the wall and see what sticks) intended to create ("reasonable") doubt.
Because the prosecutor's witnesses are all liars, cons, or both.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
As for the cross of Stormy Daniels, either Trump's lawyer does not know about the rule never to ask a witness a question to which you don't know the answer (unlikely), or her idiot client insisted she get tough (likely) and she simply got tangled up in trying to make the witness look bad. Stormy Daniels was pretty much equal to the challenge and left the lawyer looking like a fool. Susan Necheles should be embarrassed.
Neither disbarred nor disciplined after representing President Barack Obama. :oldman:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

zekeb wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 3:32 pm I'm not following this thread that closely. What's the disagreement? She says four and he says seven?
I guess you're following it more closely than I am. Four or seven of what?
Off Topic
Very glad that you've resumed posting on TFB.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”