CPAC Conferences

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

CPAC Conferences

Post by neonzx »

Funny how thin his rallies are when attendance requires a convention registration fee. :popcorn:
Phoenix520
Verified:

CPAC Conferences

Post by Phoenix520 »

I sometimes amuse myself by imagining CPAP attendees listening to tfg speak. Of course he’s wearing one, too. Also.
Dr. Ken

CPAC Conferences

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
pipistrelle

CPAC Conferences

Post by pipistrelle »

From Vote Vets:
CPAC, the Conservative Political Action Conference, wrapped up yesterday. For the most part, it was your typical Trump Fest.

But one thing in particular stood out to us. Marjorie Taylor Greene went after President Zelensky in Ukraine. Here’s what she said:

“No money to Ukraine, and that country needs to find peace, not war… And while I will look at a camera and directly tell Zelensky: you’d better leave your hands off of our sons and daughters because they’re not dying over there.”

If that isn’t just the dumbest thing to say.

Put aside the fact that for a tiny fraction of the defense budget, we’ve been able to marginalize Putin and his military threat while uniting NATO and our European allies.

Put aside the fact that Ukraine didn’t start this war — that this democratic country was invaded, and continues to be under siege.

The thing that REALLY bugs us is this: Every single day that Ukraine fights on is a day that American sons and daughters are NOT in harm’s way. The most important thing for our National Security in this conflict is to make sure Zelensky and Ukraine have everything they need to take back their territory and beat Putin once and for all.

If they don't, Putin will march on, and the United States will be drawn into a disastrous war in Europe. It is MTG who is backing a policy that ends with our sons and daughters in harm's way.

MTG is the last person we should be hearing from on this. But as it stands, she is one of the loudest voices in the Republican Party.
Phoenix520
Verified:

CPAC Conferences

Post by Phoenix520 »

Stupid is as stupid does. How on earth did she get into a position of power? Someone REALLY screwed up.

WHO LET THE DOG OUT?!?!
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

CPAC Conferences

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:20 pm Stupid is as stupid does. How on earth did she get into a position of power? Someone REALLY screwed up.

WHO LET THE DOG OUT?!?!
North west GA hillbillies...who the first time had a choice between her, a failed gym owner, and a neurosurgeon...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Phoenix520
Verified:

CPAC Conferences

Post by Phoenix520 »

Frater why are you still in that snake pit, huh? Once you have a coule of years under your belt as a big time big plane mechanic, you should check into other places… like Atlanta or Rawlee.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

CPAC Conferences

Post by Frater I*I »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:26 pm Frater why are you still in that snake pit, huh? Once you have a coule of years under your belt as a big time big plane mechanic, you should check into other places… like Atlanta or Rawlee.
One: A silver lining, I live in central GA, where even these hillbillies think there's something off about N GA hillbillies...

Second: A year and a half ago when I walked in the the facility I work at needing a job to fund my testing to get my certification, they gave me one, I have a certain amount of old world honour, I blame my family lineage for that {Narrator: He thinks that dueling should still be an acceptable way to settle civil disputes]

Third: When the time comes for me to move on, it will be straight out of the SE US, preferably the north or west...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

CPAC Conferences

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 12:18 pm From Vote Vets:

Put aside the fact that for a tiny fraction of the defense budget, we’ve been able to marginalize Putin and his military threat while uniting NATO and our European allies.
This is pretty much the issue the extreme right, and Trump, have with support of Ukraine. They do not want what strong democratic countries would want. They love Putin. And they especially hate Ukraine and Zelensky because he would not make an announcement that he was investigating Biden. He was asked for a quid pro quo and did not give Trump what he wants.

I fear Trump getting reelected, but I bet I don't fear it nearly as much as Zelensky fears it. He knows exactly what is going to happen if Trump gets elected again. Ukraine will be left to get slaughtered and overtaken by Putin, who will have Trump's full support. Tucker Carlson spends a significant amount of time propagandizing for Putin. And he has the single most popular cable TV show in the United States, as sickening as that is.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
SuzieC
Verified:

CPAC Conferences

Post by SuzieC »

:yeahthat:

Mitch McConnell accompanied Biden on his trip to Kyiv and expressed solid support. How many other Senate Republicans? I have to, I want to believe that the far right's hated of Ukraine and Zelenskyy and adoration of Putin will turn off a majority of American voters.
MN-Skeptic

CPAC Conferences

Post by MN-Skeptic »

AndyinPA
Verified:

CPAC Conferences

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA18fZYQ
Among a field of 28 candidates, Lake won the poll with 20 percent of the vote, beating former United Nations ambassador Nikki Haley and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis. DeSantis received 14 percent of the vote, and Haley, who announced her bid for the White House last month, won 10 percent.

Lake, who was also a featured speaker at CPAC’s Ronald Reagan Dinner over the weekend, has refused to accept her loss in the governor’s race last November and is challenging the election results in court.
Cross posted in Lake's thread.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

CPAC Conferences

Post by MN-Skeptic »

A link to CNN's Daniel Dale's article pointing out ALL (or, at least the significant) lies put forth in Trump's CPAC speech - Fact check: Trump delivers wildly dishonest speech at CPAC.
pipistrelle

CPAC Conferences

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:11 pm A link to CNN's Daniel Dale's article pointing out ALL (or, at least the significant) lies put forth in Trump's CPAC speech - Fact check: Trump delivers wildly dishonest speech at CPAC.
It'd be more efficient to point out the accuracies.

(Blank page follows.)
busterbunker

CPAP Conferences

Post by busterbunker »

A lot of people have breathing disorders and just want a good night's sleep. So they go to a CPAP Conference to check out the devices that might help them sleep. I don't see any problem with this, whatever gets you through the night.
Gregg

CPAC Conferences

Post by Gregg »

Stupid Phucktwaddle from Georgia wrote:“No money to Ukraine, and that country needs to find peace, not war… And while I will look at a camera and directly tell Zelensky: you’d better leave your hands off of our sons and daughters because they’re not dying over there.”
Yeah, damn right. We want our sons and daughters to die in school shootings, like good Americans ought to.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

CPAC Conferences

Post by neonzx »

Gregg wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:37 am
Stupid Phucktwaddle from Georgia wrote:“No money to Ukraine, and that country needs to find peace, not war… And while I will look at a camera and directly tell Zelensky: you’d better leave your hands off of our sons and daughters because they’re not dying over there.”
Yeah, damn right. We want our sons and daughters to die in school shootings, like good Americans ought to.
Hell yeah, we have standards to maintain! :guntootin: :wave:
Dr. Ken

CPAC Conferences

Post by Dr. Ken »

Foggy wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 10:01 am Yeah, but it's TPAC now, just like Fredericks said. Haley got 3%. She gets 3% on a regular basis, I haven't seen her doing any better than that. She's a non-entity, the worst fate in polly ticks.

And at a Trump rally, Trump should get at least 70% of the vote in the straw poll.

He's becoming a non-entity himself, slowly but surely. :thumbsup:

Plus, think how devious Biden is, that he can even rig the vote against "Trump" at TPAC.

Awesomeness. :think:
Last year he got 69% in Dallas before that it was 70. He's slipping
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

CPAC Conferences

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kudos to pipi for the blank page!
Kudos to Gregg for his school shootings response to MTG. Neonzx gets kudos for maintaining standards!
Busterbunker gets kudos as well for CPAP!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bob

CPAC Conferences

Post by bob »

538: Does CPAC Even Matter Anymore?

Executive summary: 538 editors basically agreeing it is mostly irrelevant now, as it embodies the cult/identity/grievance politics it accuses its enemies of harboring.

They give kudos to Pence, DeSantis, Noem, and Youngkin for blowing it off, and chide Pompeo and Haley for believing it still is what it once was.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

CPAC Conferences

Post by Luke »

The roundups are brutal, just search for CPAC and they are universally terrible. Laughed the most at Tim Miller's, it has a timeline:

CPAC: Taste the Sadness
Go ahead and laugh. They deserve it.
https://thetriad.thebulwark.com/p/cpac- ... he-sadness
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Tiredretiredlawyer

CPAC Conferences

I still feel a shockwave when seeing The Bulwark publishing an article like the one above. :shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

CPAC Conferences

Post by keith »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:39 am Kudos to pipi for the blank page!
Kudos to Gregg for his school shootings response to MTG. Neonzx gets kudos for maintaining standards!
Busterbunker gets kudos as well for CPAP!
Tiredretiredlawyer get kudos for giving kudos.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Tiredretiredlawyer

CPAC Conferences

:biggrin:
Kendra

CPAC Conferences

Post by Kendra »

Return to “Current Politics”