INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Flatpoint High »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:49 pm MTN seems to have uncovered some damning evidence regarding Friedman / Ross intimidation.

(take a deep breath, Ben Meiselas is presenter)

this was reported by salon.com prior to MTN's "scoop" in fact, I posted the story in another thread
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/politics ... index.html
Prosecutors in the Georgia election subversion case against former President Donald Trump have officially listed former Vice President Mike Pence as one of the witnesses who could be called to testify at trial, according to multiple sources familiar with court documents that remain under seal.

Pence, who has appeared before a federal grand jury as part of special counsel Jack Smith’s probe into Trump’s efforts to overturn the 2020 election, has not been considered a major part of criminal proceedings in Georgia.

Witness lists submitted by Fulton County prosecutors have not been made public and remain tightly held. Sources told CNN that the most recent version of the witness list, which was produced by prosecutors just days ago, included upward of 150 names. Among them is Pence.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Whatta pair of maroons! :lol:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Barry Loudermilk says he and Jim Jordan are launching an investigation into “collusion” between the J6 Committee and DA Fani Willis because they found a letter where she asked them for some documents in 2021.
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/173 ... 46804?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:52 pm Whatta pair of maroons! :lol:
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Barry Loudermilk says he and Jim Jordan are launching an investigation into “collusion” between the J6 Committee and DA Fani Willis because they found a letter where she asked them for some documents in 2021.
https://x.com/RonFilipkowski/status/173 ... 46804?s=20
"collusion" for something that is a public record? And likely published in the final report? :confuzzled:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I read that as Barry Loudmouth and I am absolutely certain no one thought of that before me at this exact moment.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:35 pm I read that as Barry Loudmouth and I am absolutely certain no one thought of that before me at this exact moment.
:rotflmao:

"Collude" means sekrit cooperation. If you send a letter that you know will be part of a public record, that's just ... cooperation. :think:

"Collude" also means illegal cooperation. Law enforcement personnel investigating is just ... them doing their jobs. :think:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here is the letter that has them up in arms:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

So, none of these guys remember lawyerly things, eh?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:59 pm
Phoned that one in.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Cheese guy did the same

They seem sincere

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Well, from a defense perspective, less is more when it comes to this sort of thing. Too much, and they could potentially open a can of worms they would prefer to remain sealed.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

True but it's effectively the case that they simply wrote "I'm sorry I got caught."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

They couldn't even be bothered to add a few honey words, like "I sincerely apologize and regret …" which don't anything that could bite them later (Fogloyyaz will explain if that's not correct!).

To me, and I'm sure to many others, the subtext is brutally clear: "I'm sorry I got caught, f$%k you all."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 4c80&ei=38
Two Trump lawyers who took plea agreements, Sidney Powell and Kenneth Chesebro, could face a revocation or harshening of their plea deals — or at the very least, a reprimand from the court — over their unrepentant behavior, former federal prosecutor Shan Wu suggested on Friday's edition of MSNBC's "All In."

This comes after Powell and Chesebro, who were ordered to write apology letters as part of the terms of the deal for conspiring to overturn the 2020 election, wrote terse, one-line statements that barely apologized for anything.

"First of all, in your experience doing this kind of thing, is it common for someone on a plea to give such a obviously truculent F you to the entire proceedings in their apology?" asked anchor Chris Hayes.

"No, this is like the 'I'm sorry you're ugly' kind of apology," said Wu. "It's ridiculous. It's very transparent. Usually, the defendant wants to take that moment to convince the judge, who is going to sentence them, that they are genuinely remorseful, and they have learned something from this. In this case, it really seems that the defendants don't have that concern at all ... honestly, if I were that judge, I wouldn't even accept that is having given an apology. The prosecutor should take the same tactic. It should be like a schoolteacher saying, go back and try again."
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

My guess: Squidney and Cheeseburger are rich and white so they'll get a finger-wagging "go home and rewrite your assignment and I expect you to get a B+ grade or better. Ok, B- will do."

But they ought to be told "your Richwhitedude Privilege Card is revoked, you are now honorary poor and black, off to jail for 30 days now while you try again and will look again at the plea deal.'

Lawfolk obsess about cold black text. Understandable and necessary with commercial contracts etc. however, there are times when that is inappropriate; this is one. Any lay reader or amateur semiotician can understand the "f@%k you prosecutors, f@%k you judge, f@%k you all" message shouted by those not-apologies.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, they wouldn't have wanted to open themselves up to legal trouble or consequences by admitting actual fau----oh, right.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I am not a handwriting expert, but Sydney's script says she's possessive, obsessive, and anti-social. Ken's says he's immature, lacking precision, and easily distracted.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump seeks to dismiss Georgia election case by claiming political speech
Former president files motion to dismiss election interference case, contending indictment violates his first amendment rights

Hugo Lowell
Mon 18 Dec 2023 20.30 CET

Donald Trump’s lawyer asked a judge on Monday to throw out the Georgia criminal case over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results in the state, contending the indictment violated the former president’s first amendment rights by charging him for so-called core political speech.

The motion to dismiss the election interference case brought by the Fulton county district attorney, Fani Willis, was similar in scope and theory to Trump’s request to throw out the federal indictment in Washington DC that was rejected this month.

Trump’s filing marked the first time that he has directly attacked the charges that he and his allies violated Georgia’s racketeering statute in trying to reverse his 2020 election defeat, including his 2 January 2021 call pressuring the Georgia secretary of state to “find” 11,780 votes.

The 19-page motion sought to reframe the indictment as an attempt to criminalize Trump’s political speech, arguing that the former president’s repeated lies that widespread fraud corrupted the vote count were supposedly aimed at prompting investigations by state legislatures.

“It was directed at the bodies responsible for conducting government business, the bodies with the information in their possession, the bodies undertaking the investigations, and the bodies vested with the authority of adjudicating such complaints,” Trump’s lawyer Steve Sadow wrote.

The motion also argued that Trump’s claims of election fraud were protected by the constitution’s first amendment because the US supreme court had previously decided the government could not criminalize speech on disputed political issues just because it determined the views to be false.

“The first amendment prohibits the state from weaponizing its powers to silence disfavored viewpoints or prevent people from advocating such viewpoints to government officials,” Sadow wrote.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... cal-speech
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kyle Cheney
@kyledcheney

BREAKING: Court of appeals *rejects* Mark MEADOWS bid to move his Georgia charges to federal court on two grounds:

-Removal does not apply yo former officials
-Charges against Meadows did not involve his "official" duties.

MORE: Judge Rosenbaum, who concurred in the 3-0 decision, warns however that it blows a whole in protections for the federal government and urges Congress to reform the removal statute to cover former officials.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... 66-circuit
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

None of this had to do with his duties.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Reached by phone, Darryl Cohen, Kutti’s Atlanta-based attorney, said that “in order to have a good lawyer-client relationship, the client has to listen, the client has to be on board and you have to be paid.”
Ye's ex-publicist's lawyers have dropped her. Oh, well.

Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Former Trump DOJ Official Jeff Clark Loses Fight to Halt His Georgia RICO Case Pending Appeal
A three-judge panel that included a pair of Trump appointees ruled on Thursday that Clark 'cannot show any chance of success on the merits'

Story by Darren Samuelsohn •
1d ago

Donald Trump's co-defendant and ex-Justice Department loyalist Jeffrey Clark lost on Thursday in his bid to have his part of the Georgia 2020 election racketeering case immediately put on hold until a federal appeals court decides where he can fight the charges.

A three-judge panel from the 11th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals, which included a pair of Trump appointees, ruled that Clark "cannot show any chance of success on the merits" and so "there can be no basis for granting a stay."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1lUqAI
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:groupdance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2024/01/08/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump is seeking to have the sweeping criminal conspiracy case against him in Georgia thrown out by arguing he is protected from prosecution under presidential immunity.

Trump’s immunity claims in the Georgia case, filed on Monday as part of a motion to dismiss state-level criminal charges against the former president, are similar to those argued by his defense team in the federal election subversion case.

“The indictment in this case charges President Trump for acts that lie at the heart of his official responsibilities as President. The indictment is barred by presidential immunity and should be dismissed with prejudice,” the motion filed by Trump’s lawyer in the Georgia case reads.
:?: :?: :?:

Is this filing just asking for charges against him to be dismissed and he tosses all the other defendants under the bus?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”