Meanwhile in Texoma........

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Meanwhile in Texoma........

Post by Volkonski »

This is on the main N-S highway at the center of downtown. Going to be a mess come Monday.
276175693_373366907975616_5507592820096038246.jpg
276175693_373366907975616_5507592820096038246.jpg (177.9 KiB) Viewed 1758 times
Texas Department of Transportation (Wichita Falls)
2884Spuon10tgemdh1 ·
WF: Last night’s semi wreck in Wichita Falls has caused multiple freeway and lane closures in the downtown Wichita Falls area. An 18-wheeler hauling a wind turbine component lost its cargo on Northbound I-44 on top of the 6th Street overpass. That machinery caused massive structural damage to the bridge deck. While sizeable holes are located on the bridge, the steel beams and substructure of the bridge are intact and safe.
TxDOT crews worked throughout the night clearing the wreckage. Engineers and bridge inspectors determined that the two outside lanes on this bridge are safe for traffic.
TxDOT is working on an emergency contract to repair the damage and restore traffic to its original configuration. Repairs could take several weeks to months to finish.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Three days of extreme, near critical and critical fire weather start today.

Otherwise the weather here this morning is gorgeous. Daughter and SIL have gone off to the driving range.

Yesterday Mrs. V went to the garden shop to get a few things. She came back with 38 two cubic foot bags of mulch. :o And some potting soil.

Spring is here.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Out on our patio listening to distant train horns, not so distant birds and church bells.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sitting out on the patio in the fire weather before the storm. Fire weather is rather pleasant unless you get in the way of a fire. Sunny, dry and, so far, not very windy.

Mrs. V is starting to spread those 38 bags of mulch. I get a pass because my balance is so poor.

Speaking of which I have an MRI and an ultrasound later this week ordered by my neurologist. So far everything he has tested for has been negative.

No AFB planes so far this morning. A few small planes from the downtown airport.

Lots of noisy birds, mostly doves.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Once again the severe storms and tornadoes have stayed to the east. Of course that means we are still in serious drought. Oh for a few days of light rain. :pray:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lawton OK

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Our big hospital was ranked 11th in Texas and 160th in the nation. :o
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

A 70% chance of rain tonight. We really need it. :pray:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

OK Georgia, sending MT Greene to Congress was bad enough but this is beyond the pale. :mad:

‘Buc-ees is too damn big’: Georgia writer torches Texas’ iconic roadside gas stations

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/l ... m=referral
“Buc-ees is too damn big,” wrote Gerrett Martin, the senior editor at Atlanta-based Paste Magazine, in a column published earlier this month.

Martin confessed that he hasn’t been to Texas or has much of a reason to drive through it. He has, however, visited a newly opened Georgia Buc-ee's and concluded the iconic Texas gas station, with a brand many in the Lone Star State feel a fierce attachment to, was a bit too overwhelming.

“I don’t even think it’s fair to call Buc-ees a gas station; Buc-ees is basically a K-Mart that only sells junk food and Buc-ees shirts,” Martin wrote. “It’s overwhelming, and not really in a good way – especially when the store is packed, which it has been every time I’ve stopped.”

Martin said visiting Buc-ee's wasn’t a quick experience but rather “a commitment” that can take upward of a half-hour.
This is what happens when you send a wimp general like William T. Sherman to subdue a traitorous state instead of a someone really tough.

;)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:34 am :snippity:

This is what happens when you send a wimp general like William T. Sherman to subdue a traitorous state instead of a someone really tough.

;)
Genghis Khan wasn't available that week....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:32 am
Volkonski wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:34 am :snippity:

;)
Genghis Khan wasn't available that week....
:lol: Genghis Khan would probably have sided with the Confederates. ;)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Mrs. V is down in Dallas for an early music session. Then she will spend 2 days with our younger daughter and SIL who live in North Dallas.

Meanwhile our older daughter and SIL are going out for 9 holes of golf in the municipal course which is just around the corner.

So this afternoon the cats and I have the house to ourselves.

Quiet, so quiet. :?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The house immediately to the west of ours which has been under renovation since we moved here in August 2020 has sold and the new owners moved in this week.

Tonight our daughter, SIL and I were catching up on episodes of "Star Trek Discovery" when SIL noticed some large dogs in our backyard. The new neighbors have dogs so he went there to see if the dogs were theirs. They were. Guess they need to do some fence repair around their back yard.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You just met your new neighbors! Glad they sent the friendliest family members to introduce themselves. Kittehs will get Doggos TV channel as well as Bird TV and Squirrel TV!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Rain is expected tonight but currently it is breezy, sunny and warm. Will not be surprised if more wildfires breakout this afternoon.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Despite rain last night we are back in fire weather conditions.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Wichita Falls is losing its minor league hockey team. :( Team is moving to Oklahoma City.

Well, OKC is six times larger than WF. Probably has more hockey fans.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 9:38 pm Wichita Falls is losing its minor league hockey team. :( Team is moving to Oklahoma City.

Well, OKC is six times larger than WF. Probably has more hockey fans.
I feel for ya, here in Mid GA I've lost to minor league teams...and we may lose our current third...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Introduce Yourself”