Alex Jones

GlimDropper

Re: Alex Jones

Post by GlimDropper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:40 pm

Cheri Roberts put together a pretty good twiter list for the trial [Link].

Some highlights:

jonathantilove‏Verified account @JTiloveTX 8h8 hours ago
More
During confab at bench on AJ's smirking, it got hot b/t Minton & Hoffman; Judge Naranjo said "stop it, stop it." But smoke alarm hot? Nah.

jonathantilove‏Verified account @JTiloveTX 7h7 hours ago
More
While we wait for the trial to resume, a question. Do Americans in court have a right to smirk? If no, could Article V Convention add it in.

Roque Planas‏Verified account @RoqPlanas 7h7 hours ago
More
Lawyers in Alex Jones custody trial back at the bench conferring with the judge. Waiting to see if the gag order issue gets raised.
► Show Spoiler
Early reports from the Beast:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... fense.html

One Quote from that article:
It seemed a remarkably tame performance by Alex Jones standards, although he appeared at times to be struggling. Jones seemed incapable of answering questions directly and would repeatedly shake his head and squint at the ceiling in dismay at the objections of his ex-wife’s attorney Bobby Newman. Squeezed into his suit, he seemed to dominate the courtroom, largely due to his booming, gravelly voice that makes “breakfast” sound almost like a threat.
And from Buzzfeed:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/ ... .kkNJBJ9Mv
AUSTIN — Halfway through the second official day of his 10-day civil custody trial, Alex Jones reclined in his chair and mopped sweat from his brow while watching a shirtless, pantsless version of himself hawk male vitality supplements on a courtroom television screen. It was hardly the most outlandish moment of the afternoon.

Indeed, the first full day of Jones’ battle to retain custody of his three young children was filled with bizarre allegations — claims that Jones took his shirt off during a joint family counseling session and once blamed his inability to recall basic facts about his children during a pretrial deposition on having “had a big bowl of chili for lunch."

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:19 pm

Per Twitter, Alex Jones lost his custody trial. Joint custody with wife to determine physical location.
Charlie Warzel‏Verified account @cwarzel 16m16 minutes ago
VERDICT: Kelly Jones gets joint custody of children and gets to decide who they live with.
Hard to like jokes about a custody hearing, but since it is Alex Jones.
Marshall Julie‏ @MHJulie 11m11 minutes ago
Replying to @cwarzel @fmanjoo

Alex Jones does not have children. This whole case was a fraud. These alleged children are crisis actors.

"Let's say you're on trial for armed robbery. You say to the judge, 'I forgot armed robbery was illegal.' "

-Steve Martin

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:18 am

Charlie's feed has all the details https://twitter.com/cwarzel
jones verdict.JPG
Alex Jones Suffers Defeat In Custody Hearing
"Mr. Jones is like a cult leader," the conspiracy blogger's ex-wife told the jury. "And we've seen the horrific damage cult leaders do to their followers."
Posted on April 28, 2017, 03:27 GMT

AUSTIN — After a grueling 10-day trial, a jury has ruled in favor of Infowars founder and CEO Alex Jones' ex-wife, Kelly, in the custody of their three children.

The jury, which deliberated for roughly nine and a half hours, ruled Thursday night to give Kelly Jones joint custody with the ability to dictate the residence of the children. Previously, Ms. Jones had joint custody with limited, supervised visitation rights with residence dictated by Alex Jones.

It was a defeat for Alex Jones, who watched the verdict with a stoic face and left promptly after the verdict without talking to reporters. Upon hearing the verdict, Kelly Jones dabbed her eyes with a tissue and hugged her lawyer, Robert Hoffman.

Moments later, Kelly Jones spoke briefly to the press, thanking God for the verdict.

"I'm so blessed to have such a wonderful support system and I just pray that what's happened to my family that people can understand what parental alienation syndrome is and get an awareness of it so we can stop this from happening to others," she said.
https://www.buzzfeed.com/charliewarzel/ ... al-verdict
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu May 04, 2017 6:16 am

Chobani - as in the yogurt company - is apparently suing Alex Jones over a conspiracy theory he launched that targeted them. Documents will likely be hard to locate - based on the article, it looks like they're suing in state court, and asserting damages of "at least" $10,000. So it looks like Alex's legal team is going to have to litigate a case in Twin Falls, Idaho - which should be a lot of fun for them to travel to/from. :-D

http://www.cnbc.com/2017/04/25/chobani- ... jones.html
Edit: ETA: Found the complaint on Scribd:

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

Lani

Post by Lani » Thu May 04, 2017 6:33 am

Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu May 04, 2017 7:01 am

Lani wrote:viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1762&p=876318&hili ... ni#p876318
Article on Chobani suit.
:oops:

(I usually skip the Hijack thread.)

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

bob

Post by bob » Wed May 17, 2017 7:59 pm

LA Times: Alex Jones settles Chobani lawsuit and retracts comments about refugees in Twin Falls, Idaho:
Alex Jones backed down. Again.

The far-right conspiracy theorist agreed Wednesday to settle a defamation lawsuit filed against him by Greek yogurt manufacturer Chobani. The key component of the settlement agreement required him to retract inflammatory comments about refugees and the company he made on his Infowars broadcast last month.

“During the week of April 10, 2017, certain statements were made on the Infowars, Twitter feed and YouTube channel regarding Chobani LLC that I now understand to be wrong. The tweets and video have now been retracted, and will not be re-posted,” Jones said. “On behalf of Infowars, I regret that we mischaracterized Chobani, its employees and the people of Twin Falls, Idaho, the way we did.”

It marks the latest blow to Jones, who in March apologized and issued a retraction to a Washington, D.C.-based pizzeria for his broadcast’s role in pushing a false story about a child sex ring that involved Hillary Clinton.

And just over two weeks ago, Jones’ ex-wife won the right to determine who his three children would live with in a high-profile custody case in which his lawyers argued his on-air personality was a performance.

Just a few weeks ago, Jones had dug in his heels when Chobani filed the lawsuit.

“You just ran into a Texan,” Jones said. “So you get ready because we’re never backing down and our audience is never backing down.”

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

kate520

Post by kate520 » Wed May 17, 2017 8:35 pm

:thumbs:

Poor Alex, you've been beat all ways from Sunday lately!1! That's what you get for being a hateful, screaming asshole. Karma, she are indeed a major bitch, Alex baby. :mrgreen:

Patriotism is the last refuge of a Scoundrel.
Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed May 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Hurray for Chobani - a brand I buy to support the owner's dedication to helping refugees!!!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer » Thu May 18, 2017 10:22 am

kate520 wrote::thumbs:

Poor Alex, you've been beat all ways from Sunday lately!1! That's what you get for being a hateful, screaming asshole. Karma, she are indeed a major bitch, Alex baby. :mrgreen:
Karma is one effective, far seeing lady, who metes true justice at the appropriate time.

"The people must know before they can act, and there is no educator to compare with the press." - Ida B. Wells-Barnett, journalist, newspaper editor, suffragist, feminist and founder with others of NAACP.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu May 18, 2017 11:20 am

:like:

...and from whom no one can escape!

Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Skip Intro

Post by Skip Intro » Mon May 22, 2017 1:58 pm

In the Trump era anything is true if enough people believe it.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon May 22, 2017 3:14 pm

:sick: :sick: :sick: :puker: :puker: :puker: :puker: :twoup: :twoup:

--Clarence Earl Gideon

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon May 22, 2017 3:17 pm

Ohhhhh, cannot be unseen :cantlook:

Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon May 22, 2017 3:34 pm

He got a day pass.

For a day the SFV was away.

AWESOME!

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Mon May 22, 2017 4:45 pm

Is there such thing as an official white house dentist? If so how do we get Orly appointed?

(Note to Trump: Don't let her bring her own chair. Trust me on this.)

June bug

Post by June bug » Mon May 22, 2017 4:47 pm

GlimDropper wrote:Is there such thing as an official white house dentist for a day? If so how do we get Orly appointed?

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:45 pm

Skip Intro wrote:
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I know the possibility was announced some weeks ago, but still, how does this new WH evaluate the credentials of the reporters it selects for the limited number of seats? Now one of the greatest birther exponents gets to report on Teh Donald, and I thought Teh Donald had just decided not to appear with a whiff of birtherism near him... :brickwallsmall:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon May 22, 2017 5:47 pm

GreatGrey wrote:He got a day pass.

For a day the SFV was away.

AWESOME!
Thanks, that answers my question above. So just a one-day tourist visum to the WH?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon May 22, 2017 6:16 pm

GlimDropper wrote:Is there such thing as an official white house dentist? If so how do we get Orly appointed?

The WH has it's own dental office, so if he is lucky, he already has a chair.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Mon May 22, 2017 7:18 pm

Northland10 wrote:The WH has it's own dental office, so if he is lucky, he already has a chair.
That's good because since there is already a Lincoln bedroom they probably don't need a Lincoln dental chair.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:33 pm

:rotflmao:

kate520

Post by kate520 » Mon May 22, 2017 7:39 pm

:rimshot:

Samuel Johnson
April 7, 1775

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 24, 2017 2:24 pm

GlimDropper FTW!

:rotflmao:

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you're trying to say?
:think:
#pasta

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat May 27, 2017 9:29 am

Didn't Alex Jones claim during his custody proceedings that he's an entertainer and that Infowars isn't who he really is, or something like that? After losing, you'd think he'd learn. But no.

Headline:
INFOWARS' ALEX JONES CALLS MANCHESTER VICTIMS 'LIBERAL TRENDIES' WHO PROMOTE OPEN BORDERS

I thought they were families at a concert.

Return to “Lesser Lights”