trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

Re: trump (the former guy)

Post by Suranis »

Heh. Heh. Read between the lines. Dominion Sues Fox. The Next day Fox cut off Trump when he whines about Fraud.

Fox is scared. Or at least being careful
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Oh its Laura Ingram. I dont think she is on FOX anymore. My bad.
Hic sunt dracones
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:18 pm Oh its Laura Ingram. I dont think she is on FOX anymore. My bad.
Ms. Sieg Fail is still at Fox
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Frater I*I wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:29 pm
Suranis wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:18 pm Oh its Laura Ingram. I dont think she is on FOX anymore. My bad.
Ms. Sieg Fail is still at Fox
Yes, the Ingraham Angle, which, I think refers to the proper angle of the arm when saluting Hair Furor.
Image Image Image Image
Lani

Post by Lani »

Trump Crashes Mar-a-Lago Wedding to Whine About Election Loss
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cra ... s?ref=home
Former President Donald Trump wandered into a wedding reception being held at Mar-a-Lago but instead of toasting the happy couple proceeded to run through a laundry list of his own personal grievances, according to a clip of the speech obtained by TMZ.

“Y’know, I just got, I turned off the news, I get all these flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about China, they’re telling me about Iran—how’re we doing with Iran, howdya like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal, they woulda done anything, they woulda done anything, and this guy goes and drops the sanctions and then he says, ‘We’d love to negotiate now,’ [and Iran says], ‘We’re not dealing with the United States at all,’ oh, well, they don’t want to deal with us,” a tuxedoed Trump said. “And China, the same thing, they never treated us that way, right? You saw what happened a few days ago, was terrible, and uh, the border is not good, the border is the worst.....
It goes on for awhile.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:40 am Trump Crashes Mar-a-Lago Wedding to Whine About Election Loss
https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-cra ... s?ref=home
Former President Donald Trump wandered into a wedding reception being held at Mar-a-Lago but instead of toasting the happy couple proceeded to run through a laundry list of his own personal grievances, according to a clip of the speech obtained by TMZ.

“Y’know, I just got, I turned off the news, I get all these flash reports, and they’re telling me about the border, they’re telling me about China, they’re telling me about Iran—how’re we doing with Iran, howdya like that? Boy, they were ready to make a deal, they woulda done anything, they woulda done anything, and this guy goes and drops the sanctions and then he says, ‘We’d love to negotiate now,’ [and Iran says], ‘We’re not dealing with the United States at all,’ oh, well, they don’t want to deal with us,” a tuxedoed Trump said. “And China, the same thing, they never treated us that way, right? You saw what happened a few days ago, was terrible, and uh, the border is not good, the border is the worst.....
It goes on for awhile.
Candace Whatsit had an all-caps tweet recently about Biden clearly having dementia. Is this what triggered it?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://news.yahoo.com/frustrated-trump ... 57516.html
Donald Trump mockingly wondered if Special Counsel John Durham is still alive, as the prosecutor's probe drags on into the origins of the FBI’s "Crossfire Hurricane" investigation of his 2016 campaign's alleged ties to Russia.

Durham has been probing the matter for about two years and was officially appointed a "special counsel" by former Attorney General Barr last October. Trump has long referred to the FBI’s Russia investigation as a "hoax" and has been hoping to see more results from Durham's investigation.

"Where’s Durham? Is he a living, breathing human being? Will there ever be a Durham report?" Trump said in a statement.

Trump has accused FBI officials of improper conduct during their investigation. Special Counsel Robert Mueller found insufficient evidence to prove collusion between members of the Trump 2016 campaign and Russia.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:26 am TMZ has the video. https://www.tmz.com/2021/03/28/donald-t ... istration/
That's pretty sad.
It's somewhat like the angry uncle at Thanksgiving dinner that everyone would prefer to ignore.

No. :rotflmao:
filly

Post by filly »

If you have your wedding at Mar a Lago you are delighted to see T**** and listen to his rants. It probably is an add-on to the price.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

filly wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:43 am If you have your wedding at Mar a Lago you are delighted to see T**** and listen to his rants. It probably is an add-on to the price.
You beat me to it. There seems to be nervous laughter. Musicians look bored.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

OFFS. The bull in the China shop is complaining about how long it’s taking to clean up the mess? :roll:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:44 am You beat me to it. There seems to be nervous laughter. Musicians look bored.
You noticed that, too? :thumbsup:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:52 am
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:44 am You beat me to it. There seems to be nervous laughter. Musicians look bored.
Me three.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Hate talking or reading about DL2XIT, but this WaPo piece by Phil Bump is on target:
Trump is losing the war over his legacy
By Philip Bump March 29, 2021 at 1:41 p.m. UTC

On Sunday evening, CNN aired a special featuring interviews with the senior officials involved in the early coronavirus pandemic response under President Donald Trump. No longer operating under the Trump political umbrella, they offered assessments of the past year that lacked any soothing veneer. Deborah Birx, the coordinator of the White House response under Trump, expressed her belief that the deaths that occurred after the first wave of infections last spring were largely preventable. It’s a sentiment that matches recent research but was at odds with the sanitization practices of the Trump White House to which Birx had so often adhered. Anthony S. Fauci, the country’s top epidemiologist, suggested that it was government experts, not Trump, who had decided to push forward quickly on a vaccine to combat the virus in January 2020. That was months before the administration rolled out Operation Warp Speed, its push for vaccine development. The former president got his say this weekend, too. He spoke for several minutes on Saturday night, excoriating the administration of President Biden in defense of his own. The venue? A wedding at his private club in Florida. It is always the case that presidents want to shape their legacies. No president wants to be Warren G. Harding, pilloried by history when he's remembered at all. Much better to be a Franklin D. Roosevelt or Ronald Reagan, legacies sitting on real foundations that have been carefully tended over time. One has to assume that for Trump, always so keenly attuned to public perceptions of him, the drive to be remembered in a specific light is even stronger.

And yet Trump is perhaps uniquely poorly positioned to frame his own legacy. Most modern presidents, even controversial ones like George W. Bush and Bill Clinton, have at least enough institutional legitimacy to be seen as reliable interlocutors about their own tenures. One can envision either of them or Barack Obama sitting down alongside a panel of historians at an event hosted by a prominent university, discussing presidential decision-making and its ramifications in good faith. It's quite difficult to imagine Trump doing the same thing, as difficult as it is to imagine his sitting down with someone like NBC News's Lester Holt and offering his honest assessment of his own missteps. Trump spent all of his political capital on trying to stay president, first by constantly misleading the public and, after the 2020 election, by stoking the dishonest claim that his second term had been stolen away. Since the moment the U.S. Capitol was first breached on Jan. 6, an event far beyond any acceptable political activity, Trump has repeatedly tried to excuse those who participated — Trump supporters all. Speaking to Fox News’s Laura Ingraham last week, he ridiculously claimed that those who had beaten law enforcement officers and broken windows in a last-ditch attempt to overturn the election results had, in fact, simply been “hugging and kissing the police and the guards” in the facility.

Fox News is one of Trump's few outlets for speaking to the public at his point. The network, eager to win back the portion of its Trump-positive audience that peeled away after it had the gall to recognize that he'd lost, is happy to have Trump exclusives and its hosts have little inclination to push back on the former president's obvious falsehoods — which suits Trump just fine. Trump no longer has his Twitter or Facebook accounts, seeing them stripped away in the wake of Jan. 6. He lamented the loss of that audience in his interview with Ingraham but tried to put a positive spin on it. “So I put out statements now ‘from the office of’ and the statements are picked up by everybody,” he said, referring to tweet-esque press releases that his team occasionally puts out. “I mean, it actually works better.” Of course it doesn’t. The visibility of those statements relies specifically on their being “picked up” by the media, meaning that the media has an opportunity to note when their contents deviate from reality. This was the entire reason Trump used to celebrate his Twitter account: it reduced the intermediary role of the press. Now, he relies on the media to propagate what he has to say. The right-wing media will do so uncritically, but no one in that universe has the audience that Trump did, nor are they reaching those who might be persuaded on Trump’s legacy.

Trump has floated the idea of building his own social media network, which would certainly help boost his connection to his base, if not reshape how the world views his presidency. (In fact, it would likely just cement those perceptions.) He could write a book, if he could find a publisher willing to weather the outcry, but there’s no reason to think that it would be anything other than a hagiographic rehash of “The Art of the Deal.” Perhaps recognizing the position he's in, Trump's reportedly agreed to speak with a dozen journalists working on books about his administration. But, again, the results are largely dependent on his own willingness to be self-reflective — and largely out of his control. There's another risk for any effort to shape Trump's legacy that the CNN interviews with the health officials makes obvious. We're only about two months past the end of his term in office, and efforts to understand what happened within his administration are still just beginning. Last week, The Post reported that at least nine oversight probes had been hindered during Trump's time in office, some of which will be completed or released in coming months. The ability of Trump loyalists to keep sketchy activity or faulty decisions out of view largely collapsed on Jan. 20, 2021, and the Biden administration will likely have little reason to be generous in keeping them hidden. Trump's legacy is already rocky, to put it mildly — and we don't yet have a full picture of his presidency.

Don't cry for Trump, gentle reader. He still has a robust institutional defense system in place, from Fox News to various right-wing media figures who are eager to at least solidify how he's viewed by his long-standing political base. On Monday morning, Fox announced a new paid contributor to the channel: Trump's daughter-in-law, Lara Trump. “Welcome to the family,” “Fox & Friends” co-host Ainsley Earhardt said to Trump when announcing her new role. “I sort of feel like I’ve been an unofficial member of the team for so long,” Trump replied, capturing the state of affairs quite accurately. The problem for Trump is that his family — even his extended family in conservative media — will likely not be who is etching his presidency in the history books.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics

:smoking:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Kendra wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:54 am
Me three.
Well, at least I hope they got paid --because we now how that rolls with the Trumps.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

filly wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:43 am If you have your wedding at Mar a Lago you are delighted to see T**** and listen to his rants. It probably is an add-on to the price.
It's a precious moment when an ex-president speaks at your wedding reception, you know.
Largo al factotum.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:05 am
Me three.
Well, at least I hope they got paid --because we now how that rolls with the Trumps.
I get your point, but musicians at weddings are normally paid by the bridal party, not the venue, so they're probably safe.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

noblepa wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:16 am
neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:05 am

Me three.
I get your point, but musicians at weddings are normally paid by the bridal party, not the venue, so they're probably safe.
Yeah, but you are also making an assumption, If you align yourself with DJT and pay him to host a wedding - are you not the type to also stiff the contracted help?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

That TMZ clip is ridiculous and sad. Maybe DL2XIT will start charging for appearances: "The new Mar A Lago 45 Package includes cake, the band and standup by a cranky old man in a tux. For a small additional fee, he'll sing My Way." :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
filly

Post by filly »

Off Topic
I wonder what the cost of a wedding reception is at that place. A few years ago we went to a wedding at Pelican Hill in California.https://www.pelicanhill.com/weddings/ It was fabulous. The ceremony took place overlooking the Pacific Ocean. My husband later learned that the cost just to reserve that outdoor space was a non-refundable $150,000! That didn't include the indoor reception. These are people to whom money is no object.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am That TMZ clip is ridiculous and sad. Maybe DL2XIT will start charging for appearances: "The new Mar A Lago 45 Package includes cake, the band and standup by a cranky old man in a tux. For a small additional fee, he'll sing My Way." :P
Is the 9:30 show completely different from the 7:30 show :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:11 pm
orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:25 am That TMZ clip is ridiculous and sad. Maybe DL2XIT will start charging for appearances: "The new Mar A Lago 45 Package includes cake, the band and standup by a cranky old man in a tux. For a small additional fee, he'll sing My Way." :P
Is the 9:30 show completely different from the 7:30 show :think:
:rotflmao:

Don’t forget the Saturday children’s matinee.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

"Sad" is a good word for it. Also entirely predictable.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

Change it to “the most beautiful chocolate cake” and you have the perfect sales pitch. :lol: :lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”