Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm Cruz blamed his daughters for the Cancun screw-up; DeSantis is blaming his wife. I don't doubt that she has cancer, and, yes, he could be helping her, but I'm guessing he's hiding with Covid, and using her as the excuse, just the way Cruz did. No matter what, he's MIA at a time when his state needs him.
2 public appearances in a week isn't exactly MIA.
Well, there was the subterfuge with posting old pictures as current. There were the changing stories, 1) He's on vacation, 2) Oh, here's his schedule retroactively released, he was in meetings, then 3) he was supporting his wife at her cancer treatment (who incidentally chose two days later to attend a large gathering maskless.) And he still has yet to address the Covid situation in Florida that is rapidly worsening. Maybe not MIA, but definitely not functioning properly or being forthcoming.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:43 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 3:41 pm Cruz blamed his daughters for the Cancun screw-up; DeSantis is blaming his wife. I don't doubt that she has cancer, and, yes, he could be helping her, but I'm guessing he's hiding with Covid, and using her as the excuse, just the way Cruz did. No matter what, he's MIA at a time when his state needs him.
2 public appearances in a week isn't exactly MIA.
They were both (appearances) yesterday, the 31st. His reappearance after an extended period. Can't remember if it was Dec 17.

ETA: https://www.local10.com/news/local/2021 ... -desantis/

On Dec. 17, DeSantis and state Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo held a news conference in Ocala to promote monoclonal antibodies to treat COVID-29.
“We are not going to indulge in any of the insanity that you are starting to see again in other parts of the country,” he said.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Eli Lilly's and Regeneron's monoclonal antibody treatments are ineffective against omicron. GlaxoSmithKline's Sotrovimab monoclonal antibody treatment apparently is effective against omicron, but there is a shortage of this treatment.

DeSantis was raging about Biden not sending him the monoclonal treatment he wanted. Turns out, Florida got the only effective monoclonal treatment for omicron.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Dec 19. Fox news
Dec 22, Dan Bongino show
Dec 31, NYE party
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:30 am Dec 19. Fox news
Dec 22, Dan Bongino show
Dec 31, NYE party
All of whom asked him the hard questions, right?

The point is that he is MIA as far as anybody who would be asking questions about Florida's current Covid numbers, or why he has control over a stockpile of testing kits that he's not releasing while thousands of Floridians are desperately seeking tests so they can possibly get a negative result and possibly go back to work and actually get a paycheck. So, yeah, MIA. Totally.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Lani wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:53 pm Eli Lilly's and Regeneron's monoclonal antibody treatments are ineffective against omicron. GlaxoSmithKline's Sotrovimab monoclonal antibody treatment apparently is effective against omicron, but there is a shortage of this treatment.

DeSantis was raging about Biden not sending him the monoclonal treatment he wanted. Turns out, Florida got the only effective monoclonal treatment for omicron.
Isn’t one of DeSantis’s biggest political supporters the CEO of Regeneron? Perhaps DeSantis was trying to get the federal government to make a big buy from his buddy’s company.
Lani

Post by Lani »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 10:35 am
Lani wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 9:53 pm Eli Lilly's and Regeneron's monoclonal antibody treatments are ineffective against omicron. GlaxoSmithKline's Sotrovimab monoclonal antibody treatment apparently is effective against omicron, but there is a shortage of this treatment.

Isn’t one of DeSantis’s biggest political supporters the CEO of Regeneron? Perhaps DeSantis was trying to get the federal government to make a big buy from his buddy’s company.
Yep, he pushed Regeneron over vaccination. But that does not help for omicron.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 3:30 am Dec 19. Fox news
Dec 22, Dan Bongino show
Dec 31, NYE party
In the week between those appearances, over 300,000 Floridians tested positive for Covid. That's 1 out of every 71 Floridians in just one week. https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/testing/tra ... 9o7-8QuXmg
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is there any actual proof that there is a stockpile of about-to-expire tests other than the one accusation from Nikki Fried? Even she admits "there’s no known public information about these tests or how soon they expire,”

Mississippi has had about 20,000 cases in that same period with less that 1/10 the population of FL, our Governor hasn't been seen during the holidays, and people are lining up around the buildings to get tested. The earliest test appointment you can get at the Health Dept is Jan 19, and the private testing sites are getting tests from the State 70-100 at the time, with 200+ people waiting in line.

I'm just confused as to why people are jumping on one report, from a political rival who has an obvious motive for saying it,that there is something nefarious going on. I understand that is his usual MO, but in this specific case, we only have that one statement to go on.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

There's no proof of anything. IMO that's the problem.

DeSantis lies the way TFG lies. It is a mistake to believe anything he or his team say--in the sense that they lie so much that what they say must be verified before it is considered. The Dept of Health hides some COVID numbers and presents others in ways that deceive the public.

I don't believe any of the "where is DeSantis?" explanations by his foes, either (I think he's just been keeping his head down). But I don't really care what they say. DeSantis has invited speculation and doubt because of the way he has dealt with COVID (including suing cruise ships; trying to take money from schools that mandated masks; sending vaccines to preferred areas; grifting on MCA, etc.).

It's chaos. Fla is as close to ungoverned as it gets. Or perhaps I should say, Fla is like a feudal dukedome, with the overlord and barons doing whatever they can to gain power/money with zero concern for the serfs.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There is more than Nikki Fried. Many Florida mayors are saying the same thing, that suddenly they can't get a hold of test kits when the state had admitted they had then available and now all the sudden it's crickets and DeSantis will not show his face in any venue where any unfriendly reporter can ask him questions about it. So yeah, not just Fried who is saying this.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

One would think that if Fried and the mayors are lying, Rhonda Santis would be out in front of cameras rubbing their noses in it.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Love and admire you, Tek, but I don't think "Rhonda Santis" is really on. Please reconsider.
tek

Post by tek »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm Love and admire you, Tek, but I don't think "Rhonda Santis" is really on. Please reconsider.
Actually, several of my neighbors here in Florida call him "rhonda" .. I didn't make it up.
There is no hint of any sexual orientation or anything, just that he's an ass.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

tek wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:24 pm
p0rtia wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:28 pm Love and admire you, Tek, but I don't think "Rhonda Santis" is really on. Please reconsider.
Actually, several of my neighbors here in Florida call him "rhonda" .. I didn't make it up.
To explain: Why is he an ass? Does "Rhonda" denote "ass"? Apologies if so--I never heard such a thing.

My understand of this construction is that "Rhonda" denotes "female" and "female" = "negative stuff." History, addressing a man using a woman's name has been in insult, because women are inferior. cf: You throw like a girl.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

tek wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:24 pm
If it were something like a play on a song lyric* or something, that could be acceptable, but this smacks of casual misogyny (not necessarily on your part, but on the person who started it).

*e.g., "Help me Rhonda"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

PatriotTakes Flag of United States
@patriottakes
After posting two week old photos while Ron DeSantis was MIA, we have now discovered that DeSantis has been recycling the same family shoot photos for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years.

DeSantis is a phony.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
tek

Post by tek »

DeSantis did show up today, to go all in once again on monoclonal antibodies.

And his Surgeon General was playing the "we shouldn't be testing so much" song.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

All I can say is that if it came from Rhonda or one of his talking heads it is a lie 99.999% of the time.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

My bet is he had covid
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

He took his loved one with cancer to an anti-vax rally in the middle of a record Covid surge. Also not a vacation.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Maybe they’re like the Cartwright boys and have only one outfit each.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:45 pm My bet is he had covid
Would be my guess as well. The man is a lying liar who lies.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

moar

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This.

--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”