Hijack This Thread

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

If you have a spare hour, here's a high speed chase in Arkansas for fake plates and stolen cowboy boots.

zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Well yes. Let them steal your boots and they'll take your skivvies next.
Largo al factotum.
pjhimself

Post by pjhimself »

Joes records ???

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pjhimself wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:12 pm Joes records ???
:oldman:
:roll: They can have them when Trump releases his tax returns. (Joe released his own)
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just an FYI - From the sounds of it, the IRS is planning on shifting the due date of this year's tax returns to May 15. Nothing official announced yet.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 am If you have a spare hour, here's a high speed chase in Arkansas for fake plates and stolen cowboy boots.

https://youtu.be/s8Qhzr2veBI
That's an awesome video.

I understand that it's the highway, and a high-speed pursuit can be done. I saw the MPH@ 127 :shock: In my city, the police (by policy) do not do that because it's too dangerous to themselves (and other civilians on the road). (We have helicopters and radios -- they aren't getting away)
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neonzx wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:37 pm (We have helicopters and radios -- they aren't getting away)
You might outrun the V8 interceptor, but you can't outrun Motorola... :batting:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Have you ever wondered what it would look like if there was a giant banana orbiting the Earth at the same distance as the ISS? Of course you have. I mean, who hasn't, right?

Well, now this is a thing you can know.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Cool! :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:16 pm Just an FYI - From the sounds of it, the IRS is planning on shifting the due date of this year's tax returns to May 15. Nothing official announced yet.
May 17.
https://www.wlbt.com/2021/03/17/irs-del ... e-mid-may/
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:00 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 3:16 pm Just an FYI - From the sounds of it, the IRS is planning on shifting the due date of this year's tax returns to May 15. Nothing official announced yet.
May 17.
https://www.wlbt.com/2021/03/17/irs-del ... e-mid-may/
As noted in the article, your first quarter estimated tax payment is still due April 15.

Also, keep an eye on updates from your state. This due date change applies only to your Federal income tax return. Hopefully your state will make a corresponding change to their due date.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Also... nothing was mentioned in the IRS announcement about IRA contributions. You normally have until the due date of your tax return to make a contribution for that tax year, i.e. a 2020 IRA contribution could normally be made up until Apr 15, 2021. I don't know if we now have until May 17 to make an IRA contribution for the tax year which just ended. I'm sure the IRS will provide that information at some point. My guess is that they will allow contributions up until May 17 because IRA contributions can depend on your income and you may still be figuring that out.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Reading on the intertubes I spied a link that caught my attention so I clicked.
First it broke my heart and then it warmed my heart and it got a bit misty in here.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

MsDaisy wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:16 pm Reading on the intertubes I spied a link that caught my attention so I clicked.
First it broke my heart and then it warmed my heart and it got a bit misty in here.
When I was younger, I had two friends who were identical twins. I could tell them apart only because I paid attention. But I saw that bond between them. We all worked at the same restaurant.

I lived in Cleveland, OH for a while. There is a suburb called Twinsburg, and they host an annual outdoor festival for "twins" (called 'twins day') that I attended many times.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I added two BBCodes: Imgwidth and Edit. I think y'all remember how to use them.

Code: Select all

[imgwidth=200]{URL to an image}[/imgwidth]
will force your image to be 200 pixels wide and proportionately high

Code: Select all

[edit]Your edited text[/edit]
will look like this:
Edit: Your edited text

That's different from what it used to look like, but I like the look.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:07 pm
Semper Fi.........squid :thumbsup:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Judge Box-o'-Wine has a bit of a melt down.
Image Image Image Image
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Estiveo wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 9:44 am Judge Box-o'-Wine has a bit of a melt down.
How did he get on her show? Someone on her staff trolling?

His reaction.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

6-year-old girl fatally shot by relative over spilled water, police say

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/6- ... d_nn_tw_ma
Police in Pasadena, a city southeast of Houston, said officers responded to reports of a shooting at an apartment complex around 11:30 a.m. Friday, KPRC-TV reported. A male family member of Laurionne Walker, 6, shot the girl multiple times, police said.

"I'm at a loss for words right now," Earline House, Laurionne's grandmother told the news station. "My granddaughter was still a baby. She got shot twice in the chest this morning."

Laurionne was taken to a hospital, where she later died of her injuries, KPRC reported.

On Saturday, Pasadena police charged Raymeon Means, 35, with capital murder in connection with the girl's death. Police said he remains in custody with no bond, KPRC reported.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:16 pm 6-year-old girl fatally shot by relative over spilled water, police say
A 6-year-old Texas girl was fatally shot by a relative following an argument over spilled water, according to the NBC affiliate in Houston.
Seriously, what was the relative wacked-out on to shoot a 6 year old over spilled water? smh
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The family can thank their lucky stars they will never have to find out how he would react to spilled milk, beer, booze, spaghetti, oyster crackers, popcorn, Fritos, Cheetos, rice, and the litany of other food products in the house. He's going to get locked away forever.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:00 pm The family can thank their lucky stars they will never have to find out how he would react to spilled milk, beer, booze, spaghetti, oyster crackers, popcorn, Fritos, Cheetos, rice, and the litany of other food products in the house. He's going to get locked away forever.
Yeah, pretty sure it's game-over for him. Buh-bye.
I am curious if was it was due to illicit drugs or a pre-existing mental health issue. If "B", we need to do a better job. (on "A", we can't stop the drugs) -
filly

Post by filly »

neonzx wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 4:19 pm
bill_g wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 3:00 pm The family can thank their lucky stars they will never have to find out how he would react to spilled milk, beer, booze, spaghetti, oyster crackers, popcorn, Fritos, Cheetos, rice, and the litany of other food products in the house. He's going to get locked away forever.
Yeah, pretty sure it's game-over for him. Buh-bye.
I am curious if was it was due to illicit drugs or a pre-existing mental health issue. If "B", we need to do a better job. (on "A", we can't stop the drugs) -
Man accused of shooting 6-year-old to death has history of violence with children, records show

PASADENA, Texas (KTRK) -- The man accused of shooting and killing a 6-year-old girl in Pasadena on Friday has an extensive criminal history, including charges for his treatment of children.

Police said Raymeon Means, 35, shot little Laurionne Walker several times after an argument over spilled water.

But this is not Means' first incident. Court records show he has spent years behind bars since 2002 for numerous charges.

Court records show he has pleaded guilty to numerous drug and gun charges, robbery with bodily injury, assault and trespassing.

Fifteen years ago, Means was charged with reckless injury to a child. A charging document in 2006 said he pushed over a stroller with a child inside, which caused her to fall out. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to 10 months in state jail.

Two years later, he was charged with endangering a child. Records show he left a child under 15 years old alone without supervision. It is not clear exactly how old the child was at the time, but the charging document said he did not voluntarily turn the child over to a designated emergency infant care provider.

In that case, he was sentenced to 180 days in state jail.

Originally from Haiti, he said in probable cause court early Sunday morning that he is now a U.S. citizen.

Now, he is charged with capital murder with someone under 10 years old. It is unclear if the state will seek the death penalty in this case.
https://abc13.com/pasadena-shooting-sus ... /10438321/

You asked, they answered.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

This hadn't occurred to me until I saw this TikTok -

Return to “General Stuff”