Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
RVInit

Re: Kyle Rittenhouse, previous owner of a Smith & Wesson M&P15

Post by RVInit »

filly wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:57 am For the record, I AM NOT GETTING MY TAKES IN THIS CASE FROM TWITTER! I don’t know why anyone thought that. And I am concerned.
I'm so sorry I put that as a response to your post. I should have posted it as a new comment because I wasn't actually responding specifically to you. I sincerely apologize for that! I'm usually better about making a new post. :oopsy: :oopsy: :oopsy:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

andersweinstein wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:44 am Defense calling Kyle Rittenhouse!
srsly? :pray:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I just wandered into my bedroom where the TV is on. Defendant is on the stand. Holy crap. He lied all night long, I am surprised they are putting him on. They are probably relying on no predominantly white jury is going to want to put a baby faced white boy away. I guess that is good strategy. I have to get back to work now and have to watch later.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I watched the Daily Caller videographer’s testimony. It was emotionally difficult for him. Rittenhouse did not look at the video portions which showed Rosenbaum being helped by the videographer. Rittenhouse looked somber throughout this testimony.

I agree with RVInit’s new assessment: Guilty on Rosenbaum, Not guilty on skateboarder, guilty on Grosskreutz, guilty on weapons charge.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
June bug

Post by June bug »

filly wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 10:57 am For the record, I AM NOT GETTING MY TAKES IN THIS CASE FROM TWITTER! I don’t know why anyone thought that. And I am concerned.
Me too, filly.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Are those crocodile tears I'm seeing?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:50 am There's only one thing a prosecutor wants if Kyle testifies - you want him to lose his temper and show some real anger in front of the jury. It's psychological warfare in court, and that is your goal, because the jury needs to see just how much of an angry little self-important punk ass he really is.

I would piss him off from the very first question.

:snippity: He [will] lose his temper in five minutes and you [will] see the real Kyle, the murderer, in the room.

And remember ... angry people make mistakes. It is ALWAYS, INVARIABLY, 1000% INCREDIBLY TRUE that you are better off when the other guy gets angry and you keep your cool.
How to do cross-examination on a murderer. Make him lose his temper in front of the jury and the verdict becomes a slam dunk.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Weird bit of side eye to the jury at 41 seconds in. "Are they buying this?"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
The Montananist

Post by The Montananist »

I would never have put an accused murderer on the stand. However, it is their call and I always had to respect that even when it was very strongly against my advice. I think every defense attorney has been in this situation where the client insists on testifying. It rarely went well in my experience. A good prosecutor will get them riled up early.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So if Kyle was there for "first aid" as he claims at what point did he perform any first aid on those he shot?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Either I'm a very cruel person, or I just didn't buy that performance for a second. Completely dry eyed crying.
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Suranis wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:36 am Either I'm a very cruel person, or I just didn't buy that performance for a second. Completely dry eyed crying.
Reminded me of the fake crying in Tropic Thunder
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Werd.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:35 am So if Kyle was there for "first aid" as he claims at what point did he perform any first aid on those he shot?
Or on anyone else, at all?
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

andersweinstein wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:18 pm Defense motion to reconsider the ruling on minor gun possession charge was curtly denied "for the reasons in ADA Kraus' brief".

At the pre-trial hearing, the denial of the initial motion was a tad tentative -- "I'm going to deny it for now, but that's no guarantee I won't re-examine this" followed by remarks on how statutes have to be clear enough for people of ordinary intelligence to understand "so I'm going to deny the motion subject to reconsideration without motion, I want to give more study to this, and believe me, its not because I haven't looked at it extensively at this point".
Color me shocked. If he’s convicted on the gun charge he can appeal, and if the appellate court decides the law doesn’t apply to 17 year olds, it can explain why this case is distinguishable from Marcus Fultz’s.
► Show Spoiler
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

grain of salt, consider the source, but

Better source? (@UALawSchool Prof |Legal analyst @MSNBC @NBCNews |Podcasts #SistersInLaw & Cafe Insider|Obama US Atty |25 year fed'l prosecutor)
Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance
·
Nov 10, 2021
Rittenhouse: that question about the defendants silence was awfully close to a mistrial.
Joyce Alene
@JoyceWhiteVance
Although, if you’re the defense, you may be happy enough with how this trial is going, that you don’t want a mistrial
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I watched without sound. That was faker crying than I’ve seen on some toddlers.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:13 pm I watched without sound. That was faker crying than I’ve seen on some toddlers.
Pretty pathetic even with sound, believe me.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Haven't found a video source without the moron crew commenting yet, but here is the admonishment.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 12:13 pm I watched without sound. That was faker crying than I’ve seen on some toddlers.
Reminds me of my ex. When she was on the stand she cried up a storm. Then on recess she was laughing it up with her lawyer
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I need help on this from a IAAL.
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

Boy judge is absolutely reaming Binger for trying to question about the CVS video without asking the judge in advance, after an admonition for starting cross examination with questions about defendants post-arrest silence. He is angry. Still ongoing.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So, if I am understanding that clip correctly, the prosecutor commented about Rittenhouse tailoring his story after other things were introduced, and the judge feels this bumps up agains the 5th amendment?

Return to “Other weirdos”