Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Gregg

Re: Election 2022: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

Post by Gregg »

Just got an update from Root Beer and the squad of His Illuminated Majesty's finest Longhairs tasked keeping the Symposium from finding the truth.

Early this morning, Donuts were served at the buffet. It was wiener pandemonium. You just cannot control a squad of hungry Dachshunds offered a table of donuts. Its best just to let 'em go and call ServPro to clean up the mess.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, don't let 'em get in the Virtual Drunk Tank. :fingerwag:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Thank you to the noble and brave 699th for executing this dangerous Mission behind enemy lines!

While Lt. Root Beer was there, looks like Wiener Pandemonium Phase II happened -- now Mike Lindell's plane is "broken". He says it's God, we say it's Pup-peroni and donuts. Another Triumph for His Illuminated Majesty. :dog:

Zach Mike.JPG
Zach Mike.JPG (52.76 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

Meanwhile... :whistle:

Brat.JPG
Brat.JPG (28.54 KiB) Viewed 3173 times

God Wake Us.JPG
God Wake Us.JPG (61.93 KiB) Viewed 3174 times

It's getting Likes but one Trumper is being resistant, we'll wear her down. 8-)

A1.JPG
A1.JPG (40.46 KiB) Viewed 3173 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lindell's plane grounded? I know of a spare unit standing around at another airport, just needs some minor refurbishing. Peanuts for a millionaire...
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trump humper Mike Lindell's Plane disabled in wiener dog raid
"It was terrible! Their were vicious Dachshunds falling from the sky like a demon rain! "

A Spokespup for the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment had no comment on the matter.

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We know you and the 699th only speak the truth, Gregg!

Some imposters are trying to confuse people but we all know the truth.

It’s a New Dawning for America @QuispMe 4h
Replying to @ZTPetrizzo and @SollenbergerRC
I have actual footage of the demons that Zachary sent to sabotage Lindell’s airplane!

Bugs Bunny - Falling Hare (1943) - Looney Tunes Classic Animated...
Falling Hare is a 1943 Warner Bros.

BONUS:

Juanita Broaddrick @atensnut
We no longer have a two party system. We have the Democrats and the Republicans..... and then there’s the majority... that’s US. The Republican have some work to do to win us back.
5:23 PM · Aug 31, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

Replying to @atensnut
OrlyLicious @Orly_licious 37s
Exactly, Juanita. Where is the spineless #GOP? #Republicans are doing Nothing. But they expect everybody to run out and vote for them again. They're due for a rude awakening and that includes Ronna Romney. Many people are saying they're boycotting #Election2022, hard to argue.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Gregg wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:00 pm Trump humper Mike Lindell's Plane disabled in wiener dog raid
"It was terrible! Their were vicious Dachshunds falling from the sky like a demon rain! "

A Spokespup for the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment had no comment on the matter.

The first round of Pupparoni is on me.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:20 pm

'Lish, you are so bad. But that's what we love about you.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Let's make it happen!!

Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

US politics and political systems are weird...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-09-10/ ... /100446366

Welcome to your weekly run-down of all the big news, strange rules and interesting happenings from the world of US politics.

It started with a bear, a contestant on an Australian reality TV show, an adult actress and a Democratic governor under pressure.

But next Wednesday AEST, it'll come down to that same Democratic governor under pressure and a conservative talk show host who only jumped in the race a few weeks ago.

Plus, the bear is still there.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Cross posting from COVIDIOTS. On Joy Reid's show, David Plouffe and Jason Johnson talk about the potential bonanza of votes for Democrats in 2022 from those who are responsible about COVID and were vaccinated. Last night's California exit poll shows 65% felt being vaxxed was a Public Health Responsibility. If the GOP is just going to pander to their 35% hard core, there a huge opportunity... as David Plouffe says, instead of 51%, Democrats can go after 2/3 of the electorate. He makes the point that if Democrats can pick up 4-5% on Seniors, that would be massive. And they are all vaxxed and probably not thrilled the GOP wants to spread COVID. While we have to keep fighting the voter supression, #CARecall was a great example of what we may well see in 2022. Democrats will keep the House and Senate.

65 Public Health.JPG
65 Public Health.JPG (61.15 KiB) Viewed 2822 times

Here's the transcript in spoiler:
► Show Spoiler

Here's the MSNBC segment:

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The linked article contains a breakdown by party.

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Continuing with the glum approach:

Luke

Post by Luke »

Thanks Uninformed, hadn't heard Beau before (his Twitter is at https://twitter.com/BeauTFC for those that don't know).

Think Beau is missing the big psychological boost for Democrats and deflating for Trumpers/GOP. Trumpers bet the farm on this in many ways, they made the Recall happen and ginned up the base to believe it was possible. Thousands of "Elder is a LOCK" were posted on Twitter. The "rigged election" nonsense started happening before the election. And then BOOM, the Recall was defeated 70% to 30%, way too far for a "rigged" claim to follow, even for Trumpers. While sure it's a bit of hyperbole to rub some Trumper noses in it, it also goes along with their insane strategy that "unless we fix 2020 no elections will be valid". Just like with the GA Senate races, discouraging voters has tangible results. So if between:

* Highlighting this (in their minds) huge defeat
* Reminding them "it's all rigged, why bother voting" (seeing a lot of that)
* Knowing so many of them are only committed to the Disgraced Loser's Cult and without him on the ballot, those previously soft or non-voters may not show up
* Seeing many of them dying of COVID or old age (the GOP base knows that the irrevocable demographic shifts are a nightmare and it's truly happening in Red States that are showing Purple and even Blue like AZ)

It wouldn't be surprising to see at least a 10% reduction at least in GOP turnout in 2022. The Trumpers also hate a lot of Republicans they call RINOs. Will they turn out massively for these folks they can't stand? Watching the party rip itself apart and split will be an issue. Add to that that the 65+ demo is still favorable for Biden (even with the temp drop to 40% approval, which is still higher than the disgraced loser who was in the 30s. On approval, 65+ is 54-39 (and they're vaxxed). White 4 year college is 56-39. Black voters are solid at 69-18. This is from a new poll.

Q Poll 9-15.JPG
Q Poll 9-15.JPG (62.85 KiB) Viewed 2776 times
https://poll.qu.edu/poll-release?releaseid=3819

For Democrats, hopefully, this resounding victory will fire folks up (or at relieve some bedwetting, although with control of the House, Senate, and White House, only Democrats would still be worried). :P But it's another sign that Twitter is not real life, and the majority of real people want to help America by being vaxxed and moving forward to rid the nation of COVID, whatever it takes. There's been huge support for the new Child Care payments, which aren't factoring in yet, along with the biggest increase in history in EBT/food stamp benefits and other relief. When Infrastructure starts to roll, the next Stimulus (Budget Reconciliation) happens, and when the current outrages du jour subside, we have more than year to organize and get our voters out like we did in California. That was beautifully done and credit for such a turnout in an off-year, mid-Sept election. Lots thought the GOP was far more motivated, but that was wrong. They will be replicating that all over.

And Field Operations are back! Newsom knocked on over 2 million doors and sent over 31 million text messages. In 2020 Democrats held back, in 2022 that is not going to happen.

There are a lot of jobs open for organizers and field reps: https://www.indeed.com/q-Democratic-Fie ... -jobs.html
‘We don't have the luxury to not knock on doors’: Dems embrace field work after 2020 absence
Though Covid-19 is still afflicting the nation, Democrats in all three of the upcoming gubernatorial contests have extensive field operations.
By ZACH MONTELLARO and DAVID SIDERS 09/12/2021 07:00 AM EDT

After abandoning their ground game for much of 2020 because of the pandemic, Democrats across the country are back knocking on doors. Though Covid-19 is still afflicting the nation, Democrats in all three of the upcoming gubernatorial contests — in the California recall this week, and in Virginia and New Jersey in November — have extensive field operations, as do down-ballot candidates and battleground state parties preparing for competitive 2022 elections.In Wisconsin, where Democrats went fully virtual as Covid raged ahead of the 2020 election, state Democrats last month were back knocking on doors, canvassing in neighborhoods around the state. Staffers are required to be vaccinated, and staffers and volunteers are required to wear masks and, after knocking on a door, to step back six feet.
“If you look at the numbers in Wisconsin in the fall of 2020, when no one was vaccinated and we had one of the biggest outbreaks in the country, it made sense to not knock on doors,” said Ben Wikler, the state Democratic Party chair. Wisconsin Democrats are defending first-term Gov. Tony Evers and trying to oust GOP Sen. Ron Johnson, who holds one of two Republican-held Senate seats in states Biden won in 2020.

However, Wikler said, there are likely thousands of sporadic Democratic voters who likely never answered a phone or looked at a text message and who Democrats can now reach in person. One advantage of the shift to virtual organizing last year, he said, is that the party now has a stable of organizers who are familiar not only with door-to-door canvassing but with virtual tools used less frequently before.

“One upside of how we adapted to the pandemic is that we have a larger arsenal of volunteers who are familiar with more, different tactics,” he said. “You’re more likely to reach somebody if you try different things.”
There's a lot in this article: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/1 ... ons-511355

So while sure, seeing a Democrat win in CA is not blockbuster news like winning TX or FL, it's a nice, solid win, sets the stage for Virginia to replicate action to buck the VA Governor's curse/trend, and prepare for Nov 2022. So much is going to happen that have no doubt Biden's approval will go back up (the media will love writing those stories) and by insisting on continuing to be an attention whore, the disgraced loser will be a gift that keeps on giving, reminding voters why he and the GOP are not worth voting for. That's my/our take on it anyway and still totally confident we'll sweep 2022. :dance:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

:thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

The recall election was in California. Everyone was mailed a ballot. It's not the same in Texas, or Alabama, or a lot of other R states.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke

Post by Luke »

Between the antivaxxer deaths and the absolute division of the GOP, more confident than ever about the midterms. 402 days is an eternity before November 8, 2022. Look how they hate each other. Trumpers v Republicans mean two small minorities. Let's give them a hand.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You are a merry warrior! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Seconded.

ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Post by Lani »

Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Lani ninja'd me.

That's a good story and a great ad.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I needed that.

ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Regarding the ad by Charles Graham, Democrat candidate in North Carolina, and the Battle of Hayes Pond:

Lani

Post by Lani »

Here's a pending crisis.
From blackouts in China’s provinces to coal shortages in India to record-high electricity prices in Europe, the world is seeing its first serious energy crisis in decades. How are these crises connected, and can countries worldwide find a long-term solution to their energy woes?
s Europe’s Energy Crisis a Preview of America’s?
https://foreignpolicy.com/2021/10/05/en ... tpcc=36730
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I got a Solar Roof to power my electric car.

Y'all are on your own.

Return to “Current Politics”