Charles Lincoln was the lawyer who launched the case Atwater v. Lago Vista, which eventually made it to the U.S. Supreme Court, but not with him as the lawyer for the plaintiff. The way the courts handled that case, and retaliated against Lincoln and others for bringing it, is a tale of judicial and prosecutorial corruption that continues today, and deserves wider attention. See full details and case history here > Atwater v. City of Lago Vista
Below are just a few of the important cases Charles Lincoln has successfully brought to the courts. We need more people like him in our country.
1. Word Version Petitioner n Intervention's Motion for Partial Summary Judgment, 060405 — To settle issues of law to establish basis for negotiations in Lincoln v. Williamson County.
2. Word Version Petitioner in Intervention's Answer to Jergins' Motion to Strike, 060228 — In Lincoln v. Williamson County.
3. Word Version First Amended Petition in Intervention, 060228 — Intervention by Jon Roland in Lincoln v. Williamson County.
4. Word Version Affidavit of Standing to Intervene, 060228 — Supporting intervention by Jon Roland in Lincoln v. Williamson County.
5. PDF Version Order Nunc Pro Imposing Sanctions, 06/01/30 — Illegal order in Lincoln v. Williamson County that exhibits corruption and abuse of discretion.
6. Word Version Proposed Order Denying Sanctions, 06/01/26 — Proposed order in Lincoln v. Williamson County that should have been adopted.
7. Word Version Petition in Intervention as Amicus Curiae, application for Appointment as Guardian ad litem, and Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus, 05/10/18 — In custody case. Contains memorandum that provides background on case.
8. Word Version Motion for Quo Warranto Review Jury, 05/10/18 — In Lincoln v. Williamson County.
9. Word Version Motion to Modify Temporary Orders, 05/06/23 — In custody case.
10. Word Version Appelant's Reply Brief, 05/01/00 — In appeal to Fifth Circuit.
11. PDF Version Brief of Appelee Michael Jergins, 05/01/14 — In appeal to Fifth Circuit.