Birther Potpourri

Loren

Birther Potpourri

Postby Loren » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:11 pm

Also, before any Birther goes the 'Duplicate Registration!' route, let me remind everyone about something relevant to Washington DC and Presidential elections.

Presidents are elected, remember, by the Electoral College. The District of Columbia has 3 electoral votes. And in every Presidential election since 1964 (the first election where DC *had* electoral votes), those votes have gone to the Democrat. By a popular vote of AT LEAST 74%.

(And that was in 1980, when Carter got almost 75%, and Reagan got 13.4%. Since 1996, the Democrat has won at least 85% of the DC popular vote.)

In other words, to hypothetically register fraudulently in DC as a Democrat would be both (a) criminal, and (b) completely and utterly unnecessary.

ZekeB

Birther Potpourri

Postby ZekeB » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:17 pm

You can never be too sure, Loren. I mean, look at Nixon. He felt the need for insurance. :roll:

verbalobe

Birther Potpourri

Postby verbalobe » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:13 pm

It's been about 4 years for me, following the birthers.And these days I routinely click over to whatever blog or screed ORYR or AGJ is touting, to get my flavor-of-the-day.... And it is just getting sadder and sadder and sadder.It has never been clearer that their position is basically "His identity is questionable because I choose to have doubts about it."And in the face of such overwhelming evidence that his identity is NOT questionable, this line of babbling only serves to highlight the writer's idiocy.How many ways can you say "I am a racist moron!"? I am afraid we won't find out the answer to that in my lifetime. And frankly I don't want to know the answer.Birthers, you are B-O-R-I-N-G!!!! Make up some new shit!!!! Do something embarrassing (besides draw breath on this earth*)!!If you don't, I'm gonna have to punk your ass, and that won't be pretty.[sekrit]*NADT[/sekrit]

PatGund

Birther Potpourri

Postby PatGund » Wed Jul 24, 2013 5:27 pm

How many ways can you say "I am a racist moron!"? I am afraid we won't find out the answer to that in my lifetime. And frankly I don't want to know the answer.Birthers, you are B-O-R-I-N-G!!!! Make up some new shit!!!! Do something embarrassing (besides draw breath on this earth*)!!

When I decided to wrap up Bad Fiction in August, I figured that Birtherstan would continue being their usual idiot selves.Anymore I feel like I may just outlast them after all. They've gotten quite boring of late, and with more and more of them becoming openly racist, it's no longer that fun to snark, but rather it's shaking your head and sadly walking away from the street loon.

bob

Birther Potpourri

Postby bob » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:07 pm

Doc C. offered birthers a guest article (up to 1000 words) for an uncensored shot to explain why Obama isn't eligible. Only one person so far -- Adrien Nash -- [/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2013/07/why-obamas-birth-certificate-cant-be-believed/]took Doc up.Nash's "article" is uninteresting: a laundry list of birther tropes while demanding proof of a negative, "just asking questions," summarily dismissing contrary evidence, etc.After nearly 100 comments tearing his "arguments" apart, Nash [/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2013/07/why-obamas-birth-certificate-cant-be-believed/#comment-276788]shows up to double down.Nash at ORYR: [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/cover-story-hawaii-forced-to-go-along.html]Cover-Story: Hawaii Forced To Go Along With Obama ID Fraud Lies; Obama BC Glaring Proof:yawn:
Imagex3 Imagex2 Image Imagex2

Sam the Centipede

Birther Potpourri

Postby Sam the Centipede » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:11 pm

Doc C. offered birthers a guest article (up to 1000 words) for an uncensored shot to explain why Obama isn't eligible. Only one person so far -- Adrien Nash -- [/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2013/07/why-obamas-birth-certificate-cant-be-believed/]took Doc up.[highlight]Nash's "article" is uninteresting: a laundry list of birther tropes[/highlight]while demanding proof of a negative, "just asking questions," summarily dismissing contrary evidence, etc.After nearly 100 comments tearing his "arguments" apart, Nash [/break1]obamaconspiracy.org/2013/07/why-obamas-birth-certificate-cant-be-believed/#comment-276788]shows up to double down.Nash at ORYR: [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/cover-story-hawaii-forced-to-go-along.html]Cover-Story: Hawaii Forced To Go Along With Obama ID Fraud Lies; Obama BC Glaring Proof:yawn:

I agree, but its one minor bit of interest in Nash's screed is how it is a fairly comprehensive list of all the nonsense that mainstream birthers talk with all the usual techniques of misrepresentation, fabrication, assertion, speculation, etc. and how every single thing that Nash wrote was conclusively filleted by Doc. C.'s disciples.I don't usually follow links to videos, but I was amused that Nash's lie that Hawai'i hadn't looked at and/or hadn't confirmed the validity of (then) Mr. Obama's birth certificate was refuted by a CNN video of Dr. Chiyome Fukino saying as bluntly and firmly as she possibly could that she had seen the original records, and that they fully confirm the baby Obama's birth in Hawai'i. That together with the statement she issued too - yet idiot birthers like Nash simply tell outright lies.Where do they get their morals from? Do they actually have any?

Foggy

Birther Potpourri

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 am

Where do they get their morals from? Do they actually have any?

No, they don't. Another classic example: Mark Gillar never birfs without mentioning that Fukino (in that interview) said the LFBC was "half typed and half handwritten," but if you look at it, it's not a precisely 50/50 split!!! In fact, parts of it were PRINTED on the form! Fukino never mentioned that there was printing on the form BEFORE the typing and handwriting were added! She MUST have been lying! :^o :^o :^o

bob

Birther Potpourri

Postby bob » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:49 pm

Sonoran News: [/break1]com/archives/2013/130724/news-voter.html]Voter fraud at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?:

Even if Obama didn’t register as Barry Soetoro, someone else did and, if that person voted, it raises more questions about how many other fraudulent registrations there might be with fictitious people registering and voting.Sonoran News sent a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request to the DCBEE director asking for a copy of the voter registration, if Soetoro voted in the Nov. 6, 2012 election, and what the process is for verifying voter registrations submitted by mail and online.Senior Staff Attorney Terri Stroud at the DCBEE Office of the General Counsel responded to our request stating, “I am writing to acknowledge the receipt of your Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request dated July 22, 2013. In accordance with D.C. Official Code § 2-532(c), I will either make the documents you have requested, or a legally segregable portion thereof, available to you, or notify you of my determination not to make the requested documents available, on or before Monday, August 12, 2013, which is the 15th business day after the date upon which I received your request.”

:yawn:ORYR [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/fmr-imprisoned-obama-challenger-phony.html#IDComment686457834]commenter reporting that the Soetoro registration has been removed.

June bug

Birther Potpourri

Postby June bug » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:40 pm

From the comments on Nash's screed at ORYR:@LibNutJob first quotes earlier post by VIP:

The Supreme Court would never reverse itself on this issue and allow Congress to hold that Obama's orders are null just because he was holding office illegally unless Congress enacted a new law that invalidated the[highlight]Defacto Officers Doctrine[/highlight] that[highlight]has been the law of the land since the 1800s.[/highlight]

So @LNJ then responds:

Congress during a trial on Obama does not have to enact a new law, they can find him guilty and deal out any just punishment that they want to do, including hanging the treasonist SOB. [highlight]The defacto officers doctrine does not apply Obama is NOT an officer. A president is not an officer, a commander in chief is not an officer !![/highlight]

](*,) How do these people survive a whole day without adult supervision???? ](*,)

realist

Birther Potpourri

Postby realist » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:58 pm

So @LNJ then responds: Congress during a trial on Obama does not have to enact a new law, they can find him guilty and deal out any just punishment that they want to do, including hanging the treasonist SOB. [highlight]The defacto officers doctrine does not apply Obama is NOT an officer. A president is not an officer, a commander in chief is not an officer !![/highlight]

](*,)
ImageX 3 (have met 31 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

SueDB

Birther Potpourri

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:00 pm

So @LNJ then responds:

Congress during a trial on Obama does not have to enact a new law, they can find him guilty and deal out any just punishment that they want to do, including hanging the treasonist SOB. [highlight]The defacto officers doctrine does not apply Obama is NOT an officer. A president is not an officer, a commander in chief is not an officer !![/highlight]

](*,)

Yep. President Obama is not an officer of the United States, but THE Officer of the United States. :lol: :lol: :lol:

[edit]Or you could stay Chief Executive Officer of the US.[/edit]
"I'm opposed to same sex marriage . . .
I've been married 31 years and it's been the same sex over and over. I want DIFFERENT sex!"
anon--

jtmunkus

Birther Potpourri

Postby jtmunkus » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:18 pm

](*,) How do these people survive a whole day without adult supervision???? ](*,)

Gubmint checks. :-$

bob

Birther Potpourri

Postby bob » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 pm

Las Vegas [/break1]com/]Guardian Express: [/break1]com/2013/07/obama-birth-certificate-gets-a-curious-mention-in-al-sharpton-speech/]Obama Birth Certificate Gets a Curious Mention in Al Sharpton Speech:

The so-called “Birther” movement was used as a major distraction, during the 2008 Presidential campaign and throughout the early months of Barack Obama’s presidency. Over the past couple of years, the issue has been largely forgotten. It is curious, then, that Al Sharpton chose to mention the President’s birth certificate during a recent speech in Newark, NJ.

Whilst the speculation surrounding Obama’s birthplace has been widely attributed to some imagined lunatic right-wing fringe element, it was actually given birth to – pun intended – by supporters of Obama’s main Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

[...]

On the one hand, it has been claimed that the document – which has only ever been made available in electronic format – has “layers”, which supposedly proves that it was created on a computer, as opposed to being a scan of an original paper document. The well-known myth-debunking website, snopes, lays out the case for the document being genuine, although that case is actually as flimsy as the case for it being fake; both sides in the argument cite “expert” testimony to support their claims. The problem with this, of course, is that even “experts” have personal political opinions, which will, inevitably, influence their assertions.

Testimony from Hawaiian officials, regarding the authenticity of the birth certificate can be immediately discounted; Quite apart from the Pacific islands state being deep blue territory is the fact that – were it ever proven that Obama was not, in fact, born there, the repercussions for Hawaii, for the hospital in which Obama was reportedly born and for the Democratic Party, as a whole, would be truly devastating. The vested interest of Hawaiian officials, therefore – both at the State government level and the hospital in question – is too enormous to regard any testimony from them as objective.

The birther movement, today, is spearheaded principally by two individuals: Property tycoon Donald Trump and Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Neither of these two individuals could possibly be viewed as objective; Trump, although held in disdain by most Conservatives, still aspires to be the Republican candidate for President. Arpaio, it is very well known, has an axe to grind against an administration that has continually attempted to intimidate him because of his anti-illegal immigrant stance. It is extremely difficult, therefore, to take any claim – from either man – about Obama’s place of birth seriously.

Noble is a [/break1]com/guardian-express-team/]senior editor at the G-E, a new-ish "online only" "newspaper" (it printed for 22 weeks before going online only).

Noble is also an ex-pat Brit living in Mississippi.

DrIrvingFinegarten

Birther Potpourri

Postby DrIrvingFinegarten » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:19 am

Las Vegas [/break1]com/]Guardian Express: [/break1]com/2013/07/obama-birth-certificate-gets-a-curious-mention-in-al-sharpton-speech/]Obama Birth Certificate Gets a Curious Mention in Al Sharpton Speech:

The so-called “Birther” movement was used as a major distraction, during the 2008 Presidential campaign and throughout the early months of Barack Obama’s presidency. Over the past couple of years, the issue has been largely forgotten. It is curious, then, that Al Sharpton chose to mention the President’s birth certificate during a recent speech in Newark, NJ.

Whilst the speculation surrounding Obama’s birthplace has been widely attributed to some imagined lunatic right-wing fringe element, it was actually given birth to – pun intended – by supporters of Obama’s main Democratic rival, Hillary Clinton.

[...]

On the one hand, it has been claimed that the document – which has only ever been made available in electronic format – has “layers”, which supposedly proves that it was created on a computer, as opposed to being a scan of an original paper document. The well-known myth-debunking website, snopes, lays out the case for the document being genuine, although that case is actually as flimsy as the case for it being fake; both sides in the argument cite “expert” testimony to support their claims. The problem with this, of course, is that even “experts” have personal political opinions, which will, inevitably, influence their assertions.

Testimony from Hawaiian officials, regarding the authenticity of the birth certificate can be immediately discounted; Quite apart from the Pacific islands state being deep blue territory is the fact that – were it ever proven that Obama was not, in fact, born there, the repercussions for Hawaii, for the hospital in which Obama was reportedly born and for the Democratic Party, as a whole, would be truly devastating. The vested interest of Hawaiian officials, therefore – both at the State government level and the hospital in question – is too enormous to regard any testimony from them as objective.

The birther movement, today, is spearheaded principally by two individuals: Property tycoon Donald Trump and Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio. Neither of these two individuals could possibly be viewed as objective; Trump, although held in disdain by most Conservatives, still aspires to be the Republican candidate for President. Arpaio, it is very well known, has an axe to grind against an administration that has continually attempted to intimidate him because of his anti-illegal immigrant stance. It is extremely difficult, therefore, to take any claim – from either man – about Obama’s place of birth seriously.

Noble is a [/break1]com/guardian-express-team/]senior editor at the G-E, a new-ish "online only" "newspaper" (it printed for 22 weeks before going online only).

Noble is also an ex-pat Brit living in Mississippi.

Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense whatsoever, especially the part about Hawaii having a motive to cover up any sort of fraud?

Dolly

Birther Potpourri

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:28 am

Am I the only one that thinks this makes no sense whatsoever, especially the part about Hawaii having a motive to cover up any sort of fraud?

No. That part got a "hmmm" and "pfffft" out of me. Does he think this about every state? I don't mean about Obama but anybody else that needs verification.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

DrIrvingFinegarten

Birther Potpourri

Postby DrIrvingFinegarten » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:46 am

It also seems like he's trying a little too hard to be "fair and balanced."

BFB

Birther Potpourri

Postby BFB » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:24 am

This is an Onion knock-off, right? Because this guy can't be serious.

ProudObot

Birther Potpourri

Postby ProudObot » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:59 am

I don't go to the House of Malware site. Has Orly posted this yet? Shirley she will as soon as she sees it. :roll:

Addie

Birther Potpourri

Postby Addie » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:15 am

It does have that one good line.

The birther movement, today, is spearheaded principally by two individuals: Property tycoon Donald Trump and Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

magdalen77

Birther Potpourri

Postby magdalen77 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:50 am

The birther movement, today, is spearheaded principally by two individuals: Property tycoon Donald Trump and Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

Oh, yeah, Orly will like that. She'll be frothing at mouth that she didn't get a mention as the "Queen of All Birthers".

Dolly

Birther Potpourri

Postby Dolly » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:13 pm

<...snip...> better link: [/break1]com/2013/07/obama-birth-certificate-gets-a-curious-mention-in-al-sharpton-speech/]http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/obama-bir ... on-speech/

This is being discussed at ORYR: [/break1]blogspot.com/2013/07/las-vegas-guardian-express-goes-there.html]http://obamareleaseyourrecords.blogspot ... there.html

Las Vegas Guardian Express Goes There: Evidence Supporting Obama BC Questionable

Obama Birth Certificate Gets a Curious Mention in Al Sharpton Speech

By Graham Noble @ Las Vegas Guardian Express

@saskamare (at ORYR)

Actually, Noble is posting comments on the website of the Las Vegas Guardian Express as we speak! We might hop on over there and give him some info, he sounds OPEN to sources!___ _ [/break1]com/2013/07/obama-birth-certificate-gets-a-curious-mention-in-al-sharpton-speech/]http://guardianlv.com/2013/07/obama-bir ... on-speech/

at the Guardian Express, the author of the article is getting corrected. Interesting comments. cehughes is debunking. There is also:

davidfarrard

July 29, 2013 at 9:27 pm

This issue has nothing to do with the color of Obama’s skin. In fact, Obama wasn’t the only, nor was he even the first, 2008 presidential candidate to be sued in federal court over his Art. II, §1, cl. 4 natural born Citizen qualifications. Those dubious honors belong to John McCain.

ex animo

davidfarrar

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Jim

Birther Potpourri

Postby Jim » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:22 pm

Oh, yeah, Orly will like that. She'll be frothing at mouth that she didn't get a mention as the "Queen of All Birthers".

Well, that's it. Orly, we apologize, but you are no longer relevant to the birther movement. You've been shoved aside by Trump and Arpaio. You really need to do something spectacular...and FAST...or you'll be nothing more than "That blond bimbo who tried to sue the President." Foggy, give her a week, then close down her threads.

bob

Birther Potpourri

Postby bob » Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:57 pm

A "WTF?" to the Guardian Express' publisher earned this reply:

The Guardian Express is unique among online newspapers in that we provide both, information for our readers and a platform for our reporters. It's quite a daunting task attempting to please both reader and author, but our model, as we say, is Boldly inclusive. For example, if you look at the top of the article you've highlighted, you will notice that it has been categorized as an op-ed, [highlight]meaning that it's an opinion piece[/highlight]. If you peruse the bottom of our home page you will see that there are two categories titled political left and political right. The article you cited was also placed in the political right category: ([/break1]com]http://guardianlv.com)Thus, we've tried to be more inclusive in our approach of providing news and information the public wants to read. The article you have pointed to has been relegated to its proper category, available by choice to those interested in the position taken by the author.[...]Despite the fact that we are aiming for nothing less than being the most widely read electronic media outlet in the United States, we will not compromise our principles in order to get there. [highlight]We will not dictate, conceal, ignore or distort[/highlight]. We will instigate the growth of free thought and free opinion.[...]Technology has given us the power to make our voices heard, but as the old saying goes, “[highlight]with great power comes great responsibility[/highlight].” It is our pledge to you, our readers, that we will honor that [highlight]responsibility to bring you objective, fact-based news[/highlight] as well as editorials that span a wide spectrum of viewpoints.

bob

Birther Potpourri

Postby bob » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 pm

Sonoran News: [/break1]com/archives/2013/130724/news-voter.html]Voter fraud at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue?:

Even if Obama didn’t register as Barry Soetoro, someone else did and, if that person voted, it raises more questions about how many other fraudulent registrations there might be with fictitious people registering and voting.

Something that made me go :-k .

How did anyone know to go looking through D.C. registration rolls? Eowyn over FotM explains [/break1]wordpress.com/2013/07/20/barack-obama-is-not-registered-to-vote-in-d-c-but-barry-soetoro-is/]how he discovered it:

1. Go to the website of the District of Columbia Board of Elections. Click here or go to: [/break1]dcboee.org/voter_info/reg_status/]https://www.dcboee.org/voter_info/reg_status/.

2. Type in the first name: Barry; and the last name: Soetoro.

3. Type in the birth date of August 4, 1961 — Barack Obama’s birthdate, according to the White House’s website.

4. Type in the zip code 20500, the zip code for the White House at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, DC, according to whitehouse.gov.

...so Eowyn went looking for the registration. What is oddly absent about this explaination is that there's no explanation of why Eowyn thought to do this. Does Eowyn habitually troll voter registration rolls? What other names does Eowyn plug in? Steve Chin?

To WAG: I suspect the person who actually submitted this false registration told Eowyn about it. Assuming it wasn't Eowyn (whoever that is, in real life) that created the false registration. (Nb.: Eowyn posted the first article about the false registration.)

Another interesting tidbit is that it is a felony in D.C. to [/break1]us/misconduct426.htm]submit a false registration or impersonate another voter. Obviously the person who falsely registered Soetoro commited a crime. I will leave it to the D.C. prosecutors to determine if Eowyn also committed a crime by accessing a registration that was not Eowyn's. Nb.: The BOE's site repeatedly refers to using the site to verify your registration; it isn't an open invitation to check other peoples' registration.

magdalen77

Birther Potpourri

Postby magdalen77 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:59 pm

I hope Eowyn isn't actually the princess of the Rohirrim or I'd be sorely disappointed.

Return to “Miscellaneous”