Congressman Weiner's weiner problem

Curious Blue

Postby Curious Blue » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:04 pm

I'd vote for him for having a D next to his name. But I'd really rather have another Democratic candidate at this point.

I think there are about 8 other Democrats running for NY major right now... it's essentially an open primary election, as it is virtually certain that no candidate will get a majority & there will then be a runoff.

Curious Blue

Postby Curious Blue » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:24 pm

It is not about the "sex" -- it's about the stupidity & disturbing level of immaturity. Texting pictures of one's own genitals is the sort of thing that 15 year old boys do. It is not the sort of thing that adult, married men do. So it seems indicative of a deeper seated psychological problem. I don't know what that is, but if I was a resident of NY, I'd want to vote with someone with a little more demonstrated level of judgment and maturity.

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:35 pm

It's not immaturity. He's mentally ill.

mimi

Postby mimi » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:32 pm

the twitter machine sez john oliver just destroyed weiner on the daily show.i'll have to check for a clip tomorrow.

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:36 pm

I look forward to the show. It's on in 2:25. John Oliver is doing a brilliant job sitting in for Jon Stewart.

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Colbert did quite a number on him too. Even had a Carlos Danger cartoon. I'd say that's the final nail.

esseff44

Postby esseff44 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:59 pm

But Huma did a great impression of her mentor, Hillary Clinton,

I think she needs to dump him. She is a woman of substance. He is a loser.[edit]Also reminds me of this joke stolen from somewhere. "Bill and Hillary are driving in Arkansas when they pass a gas station. Hillary says she once dated the attendant. "Just think," says Bill, "if you'd married him, you'd be a pump jockey's wife." "No," says Hillary, "if I'd married him, HE'D be president."[/edit]

I think you stole it from me. :lol: I have been telling that joke since 1993 or so. I stole it from someone else. It's one of those that gets better and better as time goes by.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:01 am

It's not immaturity. He's mentally ill.

Yep. Plus I don't think he can ever again be trusted with a camera phone or device connected to social media. It would be like handing a bottle to an alcoholic and telling him to carry it around all the time, but never, never use it. The temptation would be too great. Can an elected official in this communication society get along without a smart phone? I don't think so. He should give up on the career in public life and go to work for an insurance company or a bank.

Kinda puts the kibosh in the possibility of rehabilitation and treatment then huh. Rather than treat him, shuffle him off to some job where you hope he won't continue the same behavior.Not all folks who have a mental issue are "incurable".You seem to be mixing up pedophile behavior with other mental illnesses. Men pay women damn good money to do nothing more than take their clothes off and prance around. Should these women be tarred for same behavior in public (public venue), yet lots go on to totally "normal" lives.
You can follow the action, which gets you good pictures.
You can follow your instincts, which'll probably get you in trouble.
Or... you can follow the money - The Two Jakes -

Addie

Postby Addie » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:13 am

http://editorialcartoonists.com/cartoons/HorseD/2013/HorseD20130725_low.jpg
Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:13 am

There you go again, thinking with the little head. (I guess in this case, it may be larger than what passes for a brain here)

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:01 pm

Hey ... he's the proud owner of the most famous penis in this great nation, perhaps in the world. That's gotta be worth something .

[sekrit](like, for instance, a lifetime of ridicule and scorn)[/sekrit]
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

kate520

Postby kate520 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:21 pm

In good judgement he is sorely lacking.

mimi

Postby mimi » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:56 pm

I don't see him ever having a career in politics again. OTOH, I still don't understand how Diaper Dave / Vitter the Shitter was re-elected. :-? Weiner should make a deal with a condom manufacturer and just take the money. He apparently likes to pose for pix anyway? He could have his own line of products.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:03 pm

Just out of curiosity from those who know, what kind of a politician was he?

BFB

Postby BFB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:09 pm

He was actually quite a rabid liberal. Not afraid to get in the face of conservatives. That's one reason his actions leading to his resignation were such a disappointment. He was one of the few Dems with a spine.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Yep. Plus I don't think he can ever again be trusted with a camera phone or device connected to social media. It would be like handing a bottle to an alcoholic and telling him to carry it around all the time, but never, never use it. The temptation would be too great. Can an elected official in this communication society get along without a smart phone? I don't think so. He should give up on the career in public life and go to work for an insurance company or a bank.

Kinda puts the kibosh in the possibility of rehabilitation and treatment then huh. Rather than treat him, shuffle him off to some job where you hope he won't continue the same behavior.Not all folks who have a mental issue are "incurable".

Not shuffle him off somewhere instead of treat him. The man needs serious therapy. But he should never return to public life.

You seem to be mixing up pedophile behavior with other mental illnesses.

Where did I mention pedophilia? I clearly equated his behavior with alcoholism.

[Men pay women damn good money to do nothing more than take their clothes off and prance around. Should these women be tarred for same behavior in public (public venue), yet lots go on to totally "normal" lives.

In my view, his behavior can't be equated with strippers stripping. Stripping is a (most places) legal occupation, not a behavior. Would I do it? No. Would I want my husband/boyfriend/Dad/brother going to those places? No. But Weiner isn't stripping for money. He's sending pictures of his dick to women who aren't his wife, tweeting dirty messages to them and promising them jobs, even possible romance. It's the very same thing that caused him to have to resign from Congress and almost lose his marriage. He's continued to do it as recently as March 2013 when he insisted he'd resolved his problems.

I really beg to differ with you. I will just say that My 1st wife (6 yrs) was a very very good stripper/exotic dancer. She loved to take off her cloths. She's a real nature (natural) woman. I am very very familiar with the stripping scene of the 70's and 80's.When you mentioned no return to public life...the only reason one wouldn't in this particular case would be pedo.Alcoholism is no impediment to public office = John 'the' Boner.

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:48 pm

He was actually quite a rabid liberal. Not afraid to get in the face of conservatives. That's one reason his actions leading to his resignation were such a disappointment. He was one of the few Dems with a spine.

As I wrote at the time on TFB he was little more than a blowhard. He was a liberal blowhard, but he was not respected by his peers. He was like Alan Grayson used to be. He had no interest in doing the committee work and in passing laws. He liked to have his face (and, apparently, other body parts) out there for public display.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:52 pm

He is what we used to call (don't know anymore) an exhibitionist or a Wienie Wagger. Trying to snag some strange stuff promising jobs isn't kewl, but I wouldn't worry about his chances anymore. I think he is pretty just so much brunt toast.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:02 pm

I really beg to differ with you.

I don't really understand what you differ with, but I'm done talking about stripping and I find the info about your wife to be TMI for me. Why do you keep bringing up pedophilia? I said I think Anthony Weiner can never again be trusted to use a smart phone or social media and I think that means he can't hold public office again. If what you're saying is you think a US Congressman or a New York Mayor should be completely free to send any picture or text he wants to anyone and it's his own private business, then I disagree and it's unlikely you'd convince me.

It was implication your message gave me. It was your message...go figure.

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:04 pm

Can we stop the backbiting?This is an anonymous board. There is no reason to protect our sockpuppets' reputations.

Sugar Magnolia

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:07 pm

I really beg to differ with you.

I don't really understand what you differ with, but I'm done talking about stripping and I find the info about your wife to be TMI for me.

A comment about his ex-wife being a stripper is TMI for you but you don't mind posting about Weiner's "dick" pictures? Considering this is a whole thread about over-exposed body parts, the prudish response seems a bit....off.

Return to “Congress”