►► Report anomalies here, por favor. ◄◄

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:30 am

Nahgkt jghf gjgjut ndhsgt fb. Bsndu nfughtm moigmdf. Endhfi.Foogie.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

Bonus! http://www.occonnect.com/community/images/smilies/rock_on.gif
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:46 am

:((

Whatever4

Postby Whatever4 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:37 pm

Ummm... the edits don't save to the Home Page pages. I haz a CRISIS OF, BIBLICAL PROPORTIONS. [imgwidth=50]http://images.paraorkut.com/img/pics/glitters/s/screaming-7365.gif[/imgwidth]Going off to trade the Kindle Fire in for something else. BRB. :-bd

TollandRCR

Postby TollandRCR » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:36 pm

Firefox 15.0 is repeatedly complaining about an unresponsive script:

Script: [/break1]huffpost.com/pollster/assets/app.js?525414817443f983ad61a706fded9b8f734b9a4b:50]http://e.huffpost.com/pollster/assets/a ... 34b9a4b:50

I do not have a HuffPost page open in the browser, and I have restarted Firefox since the last time that I was on a HuffPost page. NoScript is running. This is usually accompanied by the cursor hanging and Firefox being shown as Not Responding.Is there anything on TFB that might be trying to run this script?

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:11 pm

No, that's a "jquery" script. I don't have any jquery scripts on Fogbow. Jquery is actually a very useful tool; it's used to make JavaScript a lot easier to work with when you're changing HTML elements on a page. I have used it a bit on other websites. I don't think I'm using it on any of my websites today. And definitely not on Fogbow.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

TollandRCR

Postby TollandRCR » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:16 pm

No, that's a "jquery" script. I don't have any jquery scripts on Fogbow. Jquery is actually a very useful tool; it's used to make JavaScript a lot easier to work with when you're changing HTML elements on a page. I have used it a bit on other websites. I don't think I'm using it on any of my websites today. And definitely not on Fogbow.

Firefox says that it has not installed jQuery 1.5.2.0. I'll shut down Firefox and re-open it with only TFB running. Could some post inside TFB be running jQuery?

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:27 pm

[Could some post inside TFB be running jQuery?

I don't think so. You can't type script (or even HTML) in Fogbow and have it work. I suppose there could be a link to another site that uses jquery - it's widely used and I never heard of it causing any problems - but then you'd have to click on the link to run any scripts at the other site. I'm pretty sure that it isn't Fogbow causing the problem, but I don't have any useful advice either. :-?

kate520

Postby kate520 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:34 pm

Friday I had an entire day of hanging posts which turned into double and triple posts. It was very strange. Hasn't happened since, though.

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:59 pm

I haven't been able to log on to TFB from my iPhone 4S for almost 3 months. :(( I input the right name and password, but I'm rejected and asked to log in again with a Capcha routine. That doesn't work either.

Estiveo

Postby Estiveo » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:28 am

I haven't been able to log on to TFB from my iPhone 4S for almost 3 months. :(( I input the right name and password, but I'm rejected and asked to log in again with a Capcha routine. That doesn't work either.

I've never been able to log into TFB from my stoopit phone. I've tried and it just refreshes the screen I'm on without ever bringing the option of entering a name and password. No biggie since I never try to log on to teh intertubz anymore from my stoopit phone except for a sports score once in a while.
Image Image Image x2

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:52 am

I am looking at new phones. Was considering the new iPhone but the kidz tell me the Samsung Something or other is better. Kidz knowz these things.

Somerset

Postby Somerset » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:57 am

Same here. I thought it might be a skin thing (I don't use the default skin) but I've tried changing that, logging out from my desktop, etc., and nothing seems to work.

Mikedunford

Postby Mikedunford » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:00 am

iPhone 4S works totally fine for me on the site. Not sure why.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:30 am

Same here. I thought it might be a skin thing (I don't use the default skin) but I've tried changing that, logging out from my desktop, etc., and nothing seems to work.

Send me your iPhones, gentlemen, and I'll see what I can do. :P

listeme

Postby listeme » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:23 am

Fogbow works fine on the two iphone 4Ss here in this house.
Say what you mean.

realist

Postby realist » Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 am

[quote name=listeme]Fogbow works fine on the two iphone 4Ss here in this house.[/quote

On mine also. Too.

kate520

Postby kate520 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:29 am

Alt chat isn't working for me. I post, it shows on the screen but I can't see anyone else talking and they can't see me, either.Either that or they hate me and won't talk to me. Ether way, I'm bummed!

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:41 am

You haven't registered at the link up top of this page in the announcement. You have to register, then I'll approve you, then you're in.

kate520

Postby kate520 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:44 am

Yes, I registered. I show up,Epe even answered one of my hellooooos, but then it just stops. I can't post anything after my initial post and can't see anything after, either.Ize on an iPad.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:45 am

Yeah, I saw that you "left the room". But I can't find anything wrong with your membership. You're not banned or locked or anything. I dunno.

insomnia

Postby insomnia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:47 pm

I clicked on "Contribute to Fogbow" and then at the bottom of the second "Contribute" page clicked "return to fogbow". It took me to Orly's website. :o Is that a joke of some sort? I'm glad on I'm on my mac and not my PC cause I would hate to be re-directed to Orly's while on my PC.I tried it three times and it did the same thing each time.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:59 pm

I clicked on "Contribute to Fogbow" and then at the bottom of the second "Contribute" page clicked "return to fogbow". It took me to Orly's website. :o Is that a joke of some sort? I'm glad on I'm on my mac and not my PC cause I would hate to be re-directed to Orly's while on my PC.I tried it three times and it did the same thing each time.

Oh crap, I forgot to fix that. That's what happens if you start the contribution process but don't actually contribute. I figured a lot of birthers would test out the system without taking it all the way to the point of giving any money, to see if there was an email address that led to my real identity. Which isn't necessary any more, but I haven't fixed that yet. I'll make a note to do that tomorrow. Sorry about that!

insomnia

Postby insomnia » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:05 pm

Thanks! I changed my mind about the method I wanted to use and wanted to start over. You shouldn't scare people like that! :-? :lol: :lol:

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:49 pm

Thanks! I changed my mind about the method I wanted to use and wanted to start over. You shouldn't scare people like that! :-? :lol: :lol:

You're right, I shouldn't. ?( I'll fix tomorrow. The rest of today, I'm swamped.

Return to “Announcements”