Kansas ballot challenge

Postby June bug » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Even the shoes...wow... :notworthy:

Plutodog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Plutodog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:53 pm

By request, Orly's shoes: http://imageshack.us/a/img259/8934/orlyshoes.jpg :P

:lol: =D> =))
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

Plutodog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Plutodog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:54 pm

Them's her TWLITHOTU go to hearing pumps. ;)
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

slash2k

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby slash2k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:57 pm

A few other images of the day:The room in waiting: http://imageshack.us/a/img35/1226/roominwaiting.jpgTwo attorneys with issues, just before the hearing: (that's Eric Rucker, currently Assistant Sec'y of State--he was in the audience both days, and has had his own issues with the Kansas Disciplinary Administrator)http://imageshack.us/a/img694/7595/orlyandrucker.jpgOfficer Lee (center, behind Orly) arriving to run everybody off againhttp://imageshack.us/a/img201/1959/orlyandlee.jpgNote: the timestamp on my camera is off by 13 minutes; this happened at 10:32.

A Legal Lohengrin

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:59 pm

She looks awful. Does she even brush her hair these days? She looks crazy and run-down.

Chilidog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Chilidog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

By request, Orly's shoes: http://imageshack.us/a/img259/8934/orlyshoes.jpg :P

Cankles!

Mikedunford

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Mikedunford » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:00 pm

OK - question for the IALs:In the video, Orly warns the person who is heckling her to stay "five feet away" from her, or she's going to report him to the police. Is there something special about that distance? I don't have time to do in-depth research on that, and the only things I can find with a quick first pass that seem to come close would be some of the "floating buffer zones" that have been put in place around people entering abortion clinics. My assumption is that Orly was talking out of her ass again, but I thought it would be worth checking.

SueDB

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby SueDB » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:03 pm

OK - question for the IALs:In the video, Orly warns the person who is heckling her to stay "five feet away" from her, or she's going to report him to the police. Is there something special about that distance? I don't have time to do in-depth research on that, and the only things I can find with a quick first pass that seem to come close would be some of the "floating buffer zones" that have been put in place around people entering abortion clinics. My assumption is that Orly was talking out of her ass again, but I thought it would be worth checking.

That is her Fact Free zone. It has a radius of 5'. Anything inside of 5' is fact free. It's for her own protection.... #-o =)) =)) -xx
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

Plutodog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Plutodog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:05 pm

OMG, she looks terrible! I copied and pasted it to my photo program, cropped Orly and increased it to 200% and she is fugly. This one needs to be passed around! Fantastic pic, slash!I think he earned another award for photography here. Excellent pictures, all! =D> =D> =D>

SueDB

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby SueDB » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes, Nice Touch with the button...
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

Emma

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Emma » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:13 pm

She looks awful. Does she even brush her hair these days? She looks crazy and run-down.

I was gonna say ... wow :shock:

Mikedunford

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Mikedunford » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:17 pm

Looks can be deceiving. But I doubt they are in this case.

Chilidog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Chilidog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 pm

raccoons look at her in awe.

Joseph Robidoux III

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Joseph Robidoux III » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:18 pm

The Kansas State Objections Board has heard the objections regarding Pres Obama's eligibility to be listed on the November ballot and those individuals who deserve ridicule are receiving what they have earned.

1)Joe Montgomery---The Kansan CowardTM who previously posted birther nonsense everywhere night and day has suddenly gone quiet and is the butt of jokes from K-State students and fans.

2) Kris Kobach---Tried to smear the President but after that backfired just tried to end the whole matter and get outta Dodge.

3) Orly Taitz---Even RWNJs like Kris Kobach don't want her on the same stage with them.

Something about sowing and reaping comes to mind.

slash2k

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby slash2k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:22 pm

Other questions I saw earlier in the thread: No, I don't know if channel 41 had anybody there. I recognized the two from WIBW-13 and KSNT-27; there was a third cameraman in the room for the hearing, but I didn't see where he was from and he left fairly soon.Gaughan was very definitely anti-Taitz AND anti-Kobach, apparently on the grounds that Kobach should never have taken up the question in the first place. Gaughan was actually the one I worried might start something physical (although he never did, nor made any particular move to); he was belligerent and intense, and he kept returning to the attack, getting in Orly's face in the auditorium, the hallway, on the steps, and on the sidewalk. None of the rest seemed threatening at all, although they were definitely noisy.I was actually pretty surprised that none of our local RWNJs (other than ones in state gov't :) ) put in an appearance (or if they did, they kept their heads down and their mouths shut). This is deep-red territory, and the hearing was publicized in the local paper, but the only people to show seemed to be Obama supporters (no Phelpses, either). There did seem to be very little awareness that ballot challenges are ongoing in other states too.I thought the reps from the AG and LtGov were both in an almighty hurry to get the hearing closed down, and they weren't quite on the same page as Kobach. He seems to be following Bennett's script in Arizona: flirt with the birthers, get their hopes up, then tell 'em, "hey, we received verification from Hawai'i."

chinacreekpj

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby chinacreekpj » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:24 pm

We need a Gaughan in every state.

Paul Pieniezny

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Paul Pieniezny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Does not seem to be a remnant from her Soviet or Russian past.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ProxemicsThe Russian version gives four feet as well, but perhaps Orly's feeling about it is more confrontational than social, so she adds a foot. One would think people from the Black Sea are more social, however.

Paul Pieniezny

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Paul Pieniezny » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:27 pm

And lots of thanks to slash for the report.

Shagnastie

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Shagnastie » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:28 pm

Another comment from cjonline that led to a good guffaw ...

As for Ol Orly, a stiff Mandingo and a weak Martini will calm her down before night fall...

Too bad there won't be a video record of that =))

Msottement

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Msottement » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:29 pm

My wife, who only hears about birtherstanis from me, replied:"Holy shitballs! The eyelashes! They should have names."I proceeded to introduce her to /s/ and /s/

MaineSkeptic

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby MaineSkeptic » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:31 pm

Gaughan was very definitely anti-Taitz AND anti-Kobach, apparently on the grounds that Kobach should never have taken up the question in the first place.

Do you have any feeling about the speculation raised above that Kansans have some special respect for the President's family history because of the Dunhams?

kate520

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby kate520 » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:33 pm

Gaughan was very definitely anti-Taitz AND anti-Kobach, apparently on the grounds that Kobach should never have taken up the question in the first place. Gaughan was actually the one I worried might start something physical (although he never did, nor made any particular move to); he was belligerent and intense, and he kept returning to the attack, getting in Orly's face in the auditorium, the hallway, on the steps, and on the sidewalk. None of the rest seemed threatening at all, although they were definitely noisy.

Thanks, slash. But I'm still not sure if he's a birther or not?

Chilidog

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby Chilidog » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 pm

Guagham was shaking pretty hard at times.

slash2k

Kansas ballot challenge

Postby slash2k » Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:38 pm

Do you have any feeling about the speculation raised above that Kansans have some special respect for the President's family history because of the Dunhams?

No, I have not seen much sign of that. The group today brought it up several times, but in the circles I travel in it's hardly mentioned.

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”