Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 203  Next   
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:48 pm 

Whatever4 wrote:
OK -- here's the masterpiece. http://www.thefogbow.com/arpaio-report/

Need: Edits and additions. Comments. Thanks!

I don't know if any of this is worth mentioning, but I wrote this a couple of years ago about the possibility of President Obama's mother traveling to Africa to give birth to him (links to my sources, if you need them, are here: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2009/07/2 ... log_503646 )

Based on when Barack and Stanley Ann Obama were known to be attending university classes in Hawaii, the absurd wingnut Birther theory is that she flew to Kenya around the 7th month of pregnancy and came home to Hawaii shortly after Barack Obama Jr. was born. To travel to Kenya in 1961, Stanley Ann would have had to get vaccinated against yellow fever. The African countries had implemented a strong yellow fever eradication program beginning in the 1940s. In 1960, there was a major outbreak of yellow fever in Ethiopia, with widespread activity in Kenya. PER JAMA:

Code:
In the 1960s, epidemics occurred in both Africa and the Americas, causing thousands of cases in West Africa where vaccine coverage had waned or was absent ...
From 1960 to 1962, the largest outbreak to date in Africa occurred in southwest Ethiopia. Additional serologic studies confirmed that yellow fever activity was widespread in Uganda, Somalia, Ethiopia, and Kenya.*

*Henderson BE, Metselaar D, Cahill K, Timms GL, Tukei PM, Williams MC. Yellow fever immunity surveys in northern Uganda and Kenya and Eastern Somalia, 1966-1967. Bull World Health Organ. 1968;38:229-37.

Kenya is an area where yellow fever is endemic, and because of this--and because of malaria risks--pregnant woman even today are advised not to travel there. Obama was born in August, right in the middle of peak yellow fever season:

Code:
YFV transmission in rural West Africa is seasonal, with elevated risk during the 2-4 months that the rainy season ends and the dry season begins (usually July-October);

The yellow fever vaccine is not safe for pregnant women to receive and was not administered to children under age 1; nor was the smallpox vaccine administered to children under age 1. Yet to enter the United States in 1961 from a country with endemic smallpox (like Kenya at the time), you had to have a vaccination certificate:

Code:
Airport health officials  were rather more rigorous in asking all arriving passengers where they had beeen in the preceding 14 days and requiring a valid vaccination certificate from all those who had been in a smallpox-endemic country during this period.

If Mrs. Obama had flown in to the United States from Africa without evidence of smallpox vaccination for her and her son, both likely would have been subject to quarantine--this was relatively routine.

Kenya was not declared nonendemic for smallpox until 1969. Kenya also had a high rate of malaria and tuberculosis and cases of cholera. This is not a likely destination for a woman in her 7th month of pregnancy (let alone ninth), and given the high infant mortality rate, it seems very unlikely Mrs. Obama's husband--by all accounts a highly intelligent man--would have decided to take her to Kenya at that time.

I know that isn't an approach many people have discussed, but as a medical writer/editor, I've been involved in articles about vaccination requirements for pregnancy. I also have neighbors from Ghana who travel there regularly, and they told me I'd likely have to have a slew of vaccinations if I wanted to travel to Africa, which made me wonder what the requirements would have been for Mrs. Obama to travel to Africa during pregnancy and for a returning infant.

P.S. IANAL and do not play one on TV (or in the courts, unlike some people).

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:54 pm 

ducktape wrote:
borealis wrote:
If you lived in ITaly you'd know Italians are racist towards each other. Northern Italians hate Sicilians, Abruzzese, Calabrese. Anyone born north of the mezzogiorno who are not of southern Italian descent historically dislikes people who live south of Rome. Northern Italians use the terms Moracchini ( Moroccans) or mangiaterra(Eartheaters) They used euphemisms like racists here use towards blacks and Hispanics.

Well, I don't know, but a Neapolitan college friend told me that the "SPQR" engraved in buildings all over Rome and stamped in the Republic-era coins means "Sono Porci Questi Romani" ("These Romans are pigs") rather than "Senatus Populusque Romanus" ("The Senate and People of Rome").

LOL. I can understand why your friend said this. Naples was the vacationing spot of Tiberius, Caligula, Claudius and Nero and other obnoxious Romans. Caligula spent most of his early life "imprisoned" in Uncle Tiberius' villa there. It's not a stretch to believe the locals hated the Romans.

I lived in the north part of the country and the natives were extremely racist in their attitudes towards their southern countrymen. I thought the Moroccan slur was interesting because it dates back to the crusades when the Saracens conquered Sicily and left a DNA legacy behind. Northerners still sniff at the Arab heritage. If a southerner is tall and blond or red- haired with blue or green eyes, they will barely notice them because they were descended from Normans.
A political science professor at the University of Bologna explained this bitter Italian social history to us. Another good book to read is "Gli Italiani" or "The Italians" by Luigi Barzini.

"Your politics have no relation to morals."-
Niccolo Machiavelli to the Tea Party

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:14 pm 

! raicha wrote:
Please take the discussion of racism in Italy elsewhere. This thread is about the Arpaio posse in Arizona, USA. Thank you.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:29 pm 

Sorry Raicha. I'm done.

"Your politics have no relation to morals."-
Niccolo Machiavelli to the Tea Party

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:37 pm 

Doc C.'s roundup of Arpaio getting panned.

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:16 pm 

from The Natonal Review online for Sheriff Joe:
A little friendly advice, if you don’t mind.
First of all: Love the tent city. The pink underwear, the chain gangs, the generally curmudgeonly attitude — even KJOE. All great.
About this birth-certificate business, though: You are looking like more of a fool than usual
There are many famous characters to whom you might be compared; Sherlock Holmes is not one of them
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/29 ... williamson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:22 pm 

richRocket wrote:
There are many famous characters to whom you might be compared; Sherlock Holmes is not one of them
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/29 ... williamson

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=351484#p351484 :-

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:34 pm 

Loren wrote:

It also reminds me of the general conspiracist attitude towards recreating anomalies. Like JFK assassination nuts who want to test the ability to recreate the EXACT three shots that Oswald made. Heck, the entire 'magic bullet' aspect of that conspiracy deals with them labeling something as suspicious because they can't accept how the bullet's path was created naturally.

In the same vein...

I read Doc C's thing on the "80" in the SS registration date stamp, and spent a little time browsing the internets for postal franking pics. Didn't find a USA example (yet) (a) from the late 20th century (b) that showed a 2-digit date.

However, I did find LOTS of USPO/USPS date stamps, cancellation stamps, and postal franks -- manual ones -- from, say, 1930-1990, that had anomalies. Fragments of ink missing, anamorphic distortion, overinking, underinking, etc.

It's a sure bet that if ANY one of them had been the stamp on Obama's form, in place of the one that's there, we'd be having the same discussion, but based on some different anomaly. Look what they did with the "TXE" and the smiley face in Onaka's signature stamp. (That was in Corsi's presentation to the Tea Party in Maricopa Cty on Aug 17, 2011 -- he got a big laugh, dramatically averring that a serious man like Onaka would never have a signature stamp made with a smiley on it. ](*,) )

When you're determined to cast suspicion on something, ANYTHING can be used as grounds. Even the absence of anything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm 

P&E: Why is the Mainstream Media Vilifying the Messenger?
Quote:
ANGRY AND SNIDE REPORTERS ATTACK SHERIFF JOE ARPAIO FOLLOWING RESULTS OF NEWS CONFERENCE

The Maricopa County Sheriff’s Office led by Sheriff Joe Arpaio gave a press conference at 1:00 p.m. MT/3:00 p.m. ET on Thursday regarding the findings of a “Cold Case Posse” assembled to examine the image [...]

To Read Full Article Please Login

I'm sure Rondeau has a fine explanation as to why the media is ridiculing Arpaio for saying something ridiculous, but, alas, the paywall will not let me see the wisdom.

ASSUME ANYTHING WRITTEN HERE WILL END UP ON TAITZ'S SITE AND FACEBOOK. AND JEROME CORSI WILL POST SCREENSHOTS TO WND. AND WILL BE FILED BY A BIRTHER AS AN EXHIBIT IN FEDERAL COURT. NOW HAVE FUN!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:44 pm 

nbc wrote:
Where these top 'investigators' looking at INS records for Hawaii?... Hilarious... I doubt that there were many...

Perhaps that's why they couldn't find any? :?: :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:34 pm 

Whatever4 wrote:

OK, here's the thing: I think a good many of us would like to see what this has to say. I think we'd probably like to leave some informed reviews on the BN.com website. Since I still intend to get a Birther book written*, I have a good reason to buy this for research. Plus, I've got a bunch of Amazon credit.

And while we're trying to demonstrate how flawed Arpaio's 'report' is, I think we really need to have a copy of the report. Y'know?

Regardless, there's no reason to give these guys more royalties than absolutely necessary. So let me be the first and only. I'll report back on how long it is, what's covered and what isn't, etc. And for anyone who wants to know more, say, enough to write a review, they can send me a PM.

(*FYI, I haven't simply been delaying. I got a contract for a different misinformation book. I mailed off the manuscript on Tuesday, so now I can devote the time to this project, especially with the election looming.)

"In science, 'fact' can only mean 'confirmed to such a degree that it would be perverse to withhold provisional assent.' I suppose that apples might start to rise tomorrow, but the possibility does not merit equal time in physics classrooms."
- Stephen Jay Gould

Barackryphal

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:38 pm 

Loren wrote:
And while we're trying to demonstrate how flawed Arpaio's 'report' is, I think we really need to have a copy of the report. Y'know?

Amazing. You feel you ought to read the report before publishing an evaluation of it.

I hope the irony is not lost on the birfers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:49 pm 

Thanks Loren!

The response for yesterday's presser hasn't been good for Arpaio. Most of them are either Wtf or a rehash of his current tribulations.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:53 pm 

CatMe wrote:
Based on when Barack and Stanley Ann Obama were known to be attending university classes in Hawaii, the absurd wingnut Birther theory is that she flew to Kenya around the 7th month of pregnancy and came home to Hawaii shortly after Barack Obama Jr. was born. To travel to Kenya in 1961, Stanley Ann would have had to get vaccinated against yellow fever.

From 1960 to 1962, the largest outbreak to date in Africa occurred in southwest Ethiopia. Additional serologic studies confirmed that yellow fever activity was widespread in Uganda, Somalia, Ethiopia, and Kenya
Kenya is an area where yellow fever is endemic, and because of this--and because of malaria risks--pregnant woman even today are advised not to travel there. Obama was born in August, right in the middle of peak yellow fever season:

The yellow fever vaccine is not safe for pregnant women to receive and was not administered to children under age 1; nor was the smallpox vaccine administered to children under age 1. Yet to enter the United States in 1961 from a country with endemic smallpox (like Kenya at the time), you had to have a vaccination certificate:

If Mrs. Obama had flown in to the United States from Africa without evidence of smallpox vaccination for her and her son, both likely would have been subject to quarantine--this was relatively routine.

Kenya was not declared nonendemic for smallpox until 1969. Kenya also had a high rate of malaria and tuberculosis and cases of cholera. This is not a likely destination for a woman in her 7th month of pregnancy (let alone ninth), and given the high infant mortality rate

Excellent point. Extraordinarily dangerous, and difficult for her to travel to Kenya and back. Not to mention expensive. They were broke.

But.....Zullo and Corsi both said in the Cold Cut Posers presser that the mysteriously missing (i'e: Stolen - Removed) INS records for the week year 3 years around BHO II's birth "Strongly suggests" that they did, in fact, risk the infant's life and the life of the mother to smuggle themselves in to Kenya, so she could give birth, then smuggle themselves out, and sneak into Hawaii
with nobody noticing or recording the deed.
"Strongly suggestive". THAT is how badly they wanted to fulfill their mission to create the future Usurper of Merka, and he would end Merkan democracy. :-

And the beat goes on.

It is not clear, how these two individuals merge into one person. It is not clear, who came back from Indiana, Orly Taitz or Lena. We have no idea, who is residing in the Taitz house: is it Orly Taitz or is it
Lena Lettmifeeenisch ? If it is Lena, what, happened to Orly Taitz ?
Lila Dubert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:56 pm 

why are we wasting time with this nazi asshole ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:00 pm 

According to amazon, the publication date was 29 February. So while WND was writing articles breathlessly awaiting the report, all they needed to do was download it.

What a bunch of frauds.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:32 pm 

MrBrown wrote:
Excellent point. Extraordinarily dangerous, and difficult for her to travel to Kenya and back. Not to mention expensive. They were broke.

And the beat goes on.

I didn't even think of the expense. Last time my neighbor went to Ghana from New Jersey, the ticket was $1800. I can't imagine what it would be from Hawaii. I was just Googling to see if I could figure it out and came across this 2010 post from http://newyorkleftist.blogspot.com/2010/03/obama-born-in-kenya-no.html , which interestingly also mentions the yellow fever vaccination:

Quote:
In 1961, Honolulu - Nairobi RT airfare was £476. That's £7,335, or $11, 025 in constant dollars - each person. Ann and Barack Sr. would have had to pay $22, 050 cash on the barrel head. Per capita income in 1959 in Hawaii was $1,863 or $13,872 in constant dollars. In other words, two tickets would have been a year's salary from each of her parents.
How would have they have notified Ann's mother to register their baby's birth, in Hawaii? By telephone? Sorry, trans-Atlantic telephone service did not begin until December, 1961.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:40 pm 

Offtopic :
Quote:
Sorry, trans-Atlantic telephone service did not begin until December, 1961.

I know this isn't the point of the post, but I'm not finding confirmation of this. So far wikipedia has it at 1927. I wonder if the author meant something different that I'm not figuring out.

Edit: 1927 for the very beginning, obviously. I don't know when various locations were able to take part.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:45 pm 

New addition to the Arpaio Madness -- Everalm's treatise on "Document Forensics: Physical and Digital, The Difference and Varied Methodologies"

http://www.thefogbow.com/index.php?cID=157

Linked to at the bottom of the Arpaio Report, here. http://www.thefogbow.com/arpaio-report/

Lots of new stuff on the Arpaio report. (I went through the Unofficial Transcript mining for gems.) As always, comments and additions welcome. I incorporate stuff from this thread, Doc C's (usually linking directly), NBC's site, and OFGS. Sharing is caring.

:grouphug:

ImageImageImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:49 pm 

I had thought the "Nazi" reference to Arpaio might be over the top. However, Arpaio's methods of intimidation of his critics, smearing without acting, and using thugs as his deputies are almost exactly what the Nazi Sturmabteilung (SA) used.

There are as many good things about civilization as bad. Perhaps more. And we would miss them. From toothbrushes to electric lights. From clean water to democracy. From bookstores to the kind of gentle, tolerant argumentation that never resorts to violence and allows for the slow changing of opinions...and the gradual and diverse evolving of everybody's minds.
The core of what we now know that it means to be civilized.
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank (1959), Foreword by David Brin (June 2005)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 pm 

I had read on many birther sites that when Joe's report was released that president Obama would be frogmarched and spend the rest of his days, until his execution, in prison. Could someone please tell me which federal institution Mr. Obama is in so I can send him a card?
Regards ...............Dick

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:02 pm 

rajah wrote:
I had read on many birther sites that when Joe's report was released that president Obama would be frogmarched and spend the rest of his days, until his execution, in prison. Could someone please tell me which federal institution Mr. Obama is in so I can send him a card?

Send the Green Card to Administrative Maximum (ADX) facility in Florence, Colorado.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:04 pm 

President Obama weighs in on the Arpaio nonvestigation:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in before you can view hidden messages

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:10 pm 

listeme wrote:
Offtopic :
Quote:
Sorry, trans-Atlantic telephone service did not begin until December, 1961.

I know this isn't the point of the post, but I'm not finding confirmation of this. So far wikipedia has it at 1927. I wonder if the author meant something different that I'm not figuring out.

Edit: 1927 for the very beginning, obviously. I don't know when various locations were able to take part.

Offtopic :
Well, I went back to the link in her blog post, which goes here: http://archives.cbc.ca/on_this_day/12/19/

The first post on the site is about a a transatlantic telephone line between Canada and England, which says, "The cable is the first section of a planned telephone network linking Commonwealth countries around the globe."

Based on that, I am inferring that the author concluded that because Kenya was under the governance of Great Britain in 1961, if the first transatlantic phone service between Commonwealth countries was between England and Canada and occurred in 1961, then Kenya would not yet have had transatlantic phone service. I did not verify the information in the author's post, and I definitely would not include it in any formal refutation of the birther position without verifying it first.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:19 pm 

rajah wrote:

Dick, he's being held in a very high security facility (metal detectors, snipers on roof, etc). Send your cards and letters to:

Inmate #44
President Barack Obama
1600 Pennsylvania Ave
Washington DC 20500

Please note, due to the security protocols placed upon Inmates, all communications will be intercepted and likely never reach the inmate. He's being held at this facility until at least January of next year. However, there is strong support that his stay be extended to 2017 prior to being transfered to another facility.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 5065 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 203  Next