Birther Potpourri

Butterfly Bilderberg

Birther Potpourri

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:08 pm

[b][highlight]Mr. Harold Sorenson[/highlight] and others sent criminal complaints to Hinds county Grand Jury, [highlight]seeking criminal prosecution for misprison of felony of State and Federal officials and attorneys, who were committing treason and election fraud[/highlight]

Does it matter, from a legal standpoint, that Mr. Sorenson doesn't appear to live in MS?

What does matter, from a legal standpoint, is that a county grand jury cannot indict for an alleged Federal offense.

chinacreekpj

Birther Potpourri

Postby chinacreekpj » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:06 pm

Didn't read this yet:

Birthers sanctioned by federal judge for ‘frivolous lawsuit,’ claims Tennessee Democratic Party[/break1]politifact.com/tennessee/statements/2012/sep/02/tennessee-democratic-party/birthers-sanctioned-federal-judge-frivolous-lawsui/]http://www.politifact.com/tennessee/sta ... us-lawsui/The Tennessee Democratic Party issued a press release Tuesday, just as the Republican National Convention was getting underway, noting that sanctions were imposed against the plaintiffs in a federal court lawsuit in Memphis that essentially sought to block Obama’s name from this year’s election ballot in Tennessee.The lawsuit was dismissed by U.S. District Judge S. Thomas Anderson in Memphis on June 20 after he concluded that none of the plaintiffs had established sufficient legal standing to assert their claims.On Aug. 24, Judge Anderson granted a motion by the defendants, including the Tennessee Democratic Party, to sanction the plaintiffs for bringing a case in which their attorney, Van Irion of Knoxville, "knew or reasonably should have known that the claims in this case had no basis in law," according to the judge’s order.

Sugar Magnolia

Birther Potpourri

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:26 pm

[b][highlight]Mr. Harold Sorenson[/highlight] and others sent criminal complaints to Hinds county Grand Jury, [highlight]seeking criminal prosecution for misprison of felony of State and Federal officials and attorneys, who were committing treason and election fraud[/highlight]

Does it matter, from a legal standpoint, that Mr. Sorenson doesn't appear to live in MS?

What does matter, from a legal standpoint, is that a county grand jury cannot indict for an alleged Federal offense.

I just assumed she was filing it under our state laws. Did she specify it was federal and not state?

realist

Birther Potpourri

Postby realist » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:38 pm

I just assumed she was filing it under our state laws. Did she specify it was federal and not state?

It says county grand jury and is alleging crimes against federal officials who were committing treason (federal crime) among other things, so they can't indict.

Sugar Magnolia

Birther Potpourri

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:59 pm

It says county grand jury and is alleging crimes against federal officials who were committing treason (federal crime) among other things, so they can't indict.

It also says State officials and election fraud. Wouldn't the state charge of misprision of felony or election fraud be heard by the county grand jury?

borealis

Birther Potpourri

Postby borealis » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:25 pm

Politifact/Tennessee:

On Aug. 24, Judge Anderson granted a motion by the defendants, including the Tennessee Democratic Party, to sanction the plaintiffs for bringing a case in which their attorney, [highlight=#ffff80]Van Irion of Knoxville, "knew or reasonably should have known that the claims in this case had no basis in law,"[/highlight] according to the judge’s order. :lol: [highlight=#ffff80]That order of sanctions was the subject of the party’s press release, which reported that not only had the judge dismissed a "birther" lawsuit but had sanctioned Irion "for bringing a frivolous lawsuit."[/highlight] :lol: Irion is a Knoxville lawyer who, according to its website, co-founded Liberty Legal Foundation, which operates out of the same West Knoxville office suite as his law office. Irion is also listed as the foundation’s president and lead counsel. The website says the foundation has three big issues: "Obamacare," immigration and the President’s legal status as a citizen.

Guess he can't get PHV'd either now. Gosh durn.I certainly know at least 20 lawyers now I would NEVER have represent me. Say how many of our birther lawyers have been sanctioned or had licenses suspended? Even these good ole boy judges are starting to get royally pissed off.Next up, Indiana. "Come into my web," said the spider to the California fruit fly. :mrgreen:

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Birther Potpourri

Postby Dallasite » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:12 pm

[link]Stephen has a question for Thai Eats:,http://www.orlytaitzesq.com/?p=272251&cpage=1#comment-225682[/link]

Stephen ThomasSeptember 2nd, 2012 @ 4:39 pmWhy has Sheriff Arpiao not sent the Cold Case Possee’s findings to his Attorney General? Is he hoping to get out from under the federal charges against him if he burries the investigation of Obama’s crimes? Maybe he’s been in negotiations with Obama’s attorneys since he gathered all his evidence?

raicha

Birther Potpourri

Postby raicha » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:15 pm

Say, isn't that the law in Monroe County, Tennessee too?

Butterfly Bilderberg

Birther Potpourri

Postby Butterfly Bilderberg » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:31 pm

Say, isn't that the law in Monroe County, Tennessee too?

Why, come to think of it, I do believe you are correct, Ms Raicha. What would make you ask?

SueDB

Birther Potpourri

Postby SueDB » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:32 pm

Not according to the Gospel of Wally Fitzfundfilcher.
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

Sugar Magnolia

Birther Potpourri

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:34 am

Thanks for the response.

aarrgghh

Birther Potpourri

Postby aarrgghh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:58 pm

via [/break1]freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2926056/posts]freeper gulch:

[/break1]jpost.com/LandedPages/PrintArticle.aspx?id=283577]The Region: Egypt kicks sand in Obama’s face

By BARRY RUBIN

... Indeed, at the precise moment Panetta was meeting Morsy, the new president was releasing Islamist terrorists from Egyptian prisons. These include terrorists from Islamic Jihad, which is part of the al-Qaida coalition! How do you square that one, secretary Panetta?

[highlight]And finally, Morsy pointed out to Panetta that his own son was born in California, when the future Egyptian president was studying there. His son, Morsy pointed out, could be the president of the United States one day.[/highlight]

I’ll leave it to you, dear readers, to ponder that statement.

:-k hmm ... rubin seems to have forgotten to source his quotes. an oversight i'm sure.

aarrgghh

Birther Potpourri

Postby aarrgghh » Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:59 pm

emphasis on [/break1]scribd.com/doc/101252384/Long-Form-Birth-Certificate-LFBC-Forgery-Detection-for-Dummies]"for dummies":

After Arizona Sheriff Arpaio announced the Cold Case Posse's finding that the president's birth certificate was forged, I thought we needed a simple do-it-yourself test so our good citizens could check it themselves. Long Form Birth Certificate (LFBC) Forgery Detection for Dummies describes a technique that anyone with a modicum of computer knowledge can use.The LFBC test can be performed on a basic Windows computer—nothing is stored on then computer and no other software is required.

[edit]i see realist [/break1]thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=300&p=403325&hilit=baronvonkluge#p403325]caught this one[/edit]

Foggy

Birther Potpourri

Postby Foggy » Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:19 am

[highlight]And finally, Morsy pointed out to Panetta that his own son was born in California, when the future Egyptian president was studying there. His son, Morsy pointed out, could be the president of the United States one day.[/highlight]

He seems to be somewhat confused.He actually has TWO children who were born in California. Since he allegedly mentioned only "his own son," I'm going way out on a limb and assuming that the other child was a member of the femalian race. She's eligible to be president, too also, if she spends 14 years here and reaches the age of 35.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Paul Pieniezny

Birther Potpourri

Postby Paul Pieniezny » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:59 am

...Verbie, no ius solis in Germany ... Germans are Vattelites .....

Oh, but we do not know the citizenship of the father, do we? If we assume he was British too, one starts to wonder: no way the child could be German (AT THAT TIME) but would it not be automatically British by descent because of that infamous 1948 British nationality act? But suppose the father was German. Again rushing off to Blighty seems a bit irrational: even if born on the moon, the child would have been German according to German law. But also British according to BNA 1948, which might be the explanation.If the father had a third nationality, all bets are off. Except that in case of a German birth, the child might have been stateless. From 2000 on, it would then have been entitled to full German citizenship. Probably sometime before, as some German court decisions indicate German law at the time was seen as incompatible with Human Rights conventions. Of course, at the time of the rush to Blighty, Verbie's mother could not have known that.Of course, today the main question deciding German citizenship would be how long the parents had been in Germany legally.

Whatever4

Birther Potpourri

Postby Whatever4 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:20 am

OK, I think I'm ready for a new special report. Anybody got any requests? (Or did I promise one that I forgot? :- )I think I was going to do one on Dreams from my real father, but that fictional tale seems to have no traction in the real world. Vacations destroy one's brains. :-({|=

Judge Mental

Birther Potpourri

Postby Judge Mental » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:38 am

Here's what I find so far (20 July 2009):viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1946&start=100#p49593

Thanks verbie, I have addressed my e mail to Brookes Jackson identifying myself and explaining what I want to know, why I want to know, whose side I'm on (ie on the side of facts and truth irrespective of where those facts and truth may take me) and with a general brief passing conversational remark, without identifying anyone specific, about thefogbow.com and apparent previous exchanges he may have had with others on here on this general subject. Mention of the fogbow may count for some credibility or at least catch his eye and increase the chance of a reply which I'll post if I get :D

Brooks has kindly responded to me by e mail with some detail. He explained some of the circumstances. Initially it was him who felt that the content and quality of images posted by the campaign were not very good so he proactively suggested to them in a constructive manner that they might wish to consider posting better ones. They didn't seem to think at the time that the quality or content of what they had published was much of an an issue and showed little interest in posting improved ones themselves, though they did say to him that he or anyone from the press who asked for it could have access to inspect and photograph etc if they wanted to. Since factcheck.org had people visiting Chicago on other business it was a simple matter for factcheck.org to pass by the campaign office while there.My conclusion is that there was no actual published or communicated open invitation to the press to visit the campaign offices and inspect/photograph it, though it is clear that any bona-fide press who had proactively asked would have been readily granted that facility. Brooks seems to agree with me that factcheck.org's prompt action in publishing crystal clear images etc would itself have to some degree have had the unintentional side effect of reducing the motivation of the press to have bothered requesting the facility to go see it for themselves.

verbalobe

Birther Potpourri

Postby verbalobe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:45 am

OK, I think I'm ready for a new special report. Anybody got any requests? (Or did I promise one that I forgot? :- )I think I was going to do one on Dreams from my real father, but that fictional tale seems to have no traction in the real world. Vacations destroy one's brains. :-({|=

Do we have one specifically focused on the 'letters' of nomination sent by the major parties to all the states? It's that time now in 2012 and it might be interesting to go through the 2008 stuff, and keep our eye out for what's happening now.

realist

Birther Potpourri

Postby realist » Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:57 am

Keyboard commando and snitch Carl Swensson is ready for a new round of attacks. :P

From OBC.

New efforts are afoot [highlight]to utilize Sheriff Joe’s affidavits[/highlight] ](*,) as soon as Soetoro is announced as the DNC nominee.

Carl Swensson

New efforts are afoot to utilize Sheriff Joe’s affidavits as soon as Soetoro is announced as the DNC nominee. Congress has no spine and will do nothing.., this much we’ve already figured out [highlight]but we can turn the tide on the DNC Electoral college, Secretary of States and Governors who didn’t have the Posse’s findings when making previous decisions.[/highlight] :lol: We must fight at every level available and never give up

verbalobe

Birther Potpourri

Postby verbalobe » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:17 am

Here's what I find so far (20 July 2009):

viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1946&start=100#p49593

Thanks verbie, I have addressed my e mail to Brookes Jackson identifying myself and explaining what I want to know, why I want to know, whose side I'm on (ie on the side of facts and truth irrespective of where those facts and truth may take me) and with a general brief passing conversational remark, without identifying anyone specific, about thefogbow.com and apparent previous exchanges he may have had with others on here on this general subject. Mention of the fogbow may count for some credibility or at least catch his eye and increase the chance of a reply which I'll post if I get :D

Brooks has kindly responded to me by e mail with some detail. He explained some of the circumstances. Initially it was him who felt that the content and quality of images posted by the campaign were not very good so he proactively suggested to them in a constructive manner that they might wish to consider posting better ones. They didn't seem to think at the time that the quality or content of what they had published was much of an an issue and showed little interest in posting improved ones themselves, though they did say to him that he or anyone from the press who asked for it could have access to inspect and photograph etc if they wanted to. Since factcheck.org had people visiting Chicago on other business it was a simple matter for factcheck.org to pass by the campaign office while there.

My conclusion is that there was no actual published or communicated open invitation to the press to visit the campaign offices and inspect/photograph it, though it is clear that any bona-fide press who had proactively asked would have been readily granted that facility. Brooks seems to agree with me that [highlight=#ffff40]factcheck.org's prompt action in publishing crystal clear images etc would itself have to some degree have had the unintentional side effect of reducing the motivation of the press to have bothered requesting the facility to go see it for themselves[/highlight].

Interesting. Thanks for this further research.

It highlights something about the "media" (well, actually about the "real universe") that the birthers have never understood: that other people, groups, and institutions are constantly proxies for our understanding of what is true. We simply organize our lives around the most faithful sources of truth.

If I come home and my spouse says the kids did such-and-such, I ooh-and-ah exactly as if I had seen it myself. Scholarly journals, encyclopedias, and the 'mainstream media' each has its own institutional history, habits, credentials, and practices that help ensure they're passing on trustworthy knowledge. They fail sometimes, but the Republican slur 'lamestream media' is an attack at the very roots of the idea that society grows in power and decision-making by sharing reliable knowledge.

The vast majority of what we know and act on in a typical day is second- and third-hand knowledge.

So why indeed would any other credible news outlet seek to 'confirm' or 'touch the raised seal' of the COLB, once factcheck had - and especially given that there was no substantial credible doubt driving such an investigation?

For exactly the same reason no birther sought to: they knew they would find the same answer.

Whatever4

Birther Potpourri

Postby Whatever4 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:41 am

Do we have one specifically focused on the 'letters' of nomination sent by the major parties to all the states? It's that time now in 2012 and it might be interesting to go through the 2008 stuff, and keep our eye out for what's happening now.

That's an interesting one -- a new take on an old favorite. (Hi, lurking birthers! Forgot about this one, eh?) NBC used to have images on some on his site. Updated pie for Verbalobe! [link]Pecan pumpkin gingerbread whoopie pies.,http://www.annarbor.com/entertainment/food-drink/whoopie-pies-latest-trendy-treat-to-make-at-home/#.UEn5IaSe7Zc[/link] These whoopie pies have a praline cream cheese filling and edges that have been rolled in toasted chopped pecans.[imgwidth=200]http://www.annarbor.com/assets_c/2011/10/Whoopie_Pies-thumb-350x340-90383.jpg[/imgwidth]

Whatever4

Birther Potpourri

Postby Whatever4 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 am

Reopening old thread about this.

mimi

Birther Potpourri

Postby mimi » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:01 pm

Keyboard commando and snitch Carl Swensson is ready for a new round of attacks. :P

From OBC.

New efforts are afoot [highlight]to utilize Sheriff Joe’s affidavits[/highlight] ](*,) as soon as Soetoro is announced as the DNC nominee.

Carl Swensson

New efforts are afoot to utilize Sheriff Joe’s affidavits as soon as Soetoro is announced as the DNC nominee. Congress has no spine and will do nothing.., this much we’ve already figured out [highlight]but we can turn the tide on the DNC Electoral college, Secretary of States and Governors who didn’t have the Posse’s findings when making previous decisions.[/highlight] :lol: We must fight at every level available and never give up

new effors are afoot. who talks like that.

kate520

Birther Potpourri

Postby kate520 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:03 pm

:shock: w4, I can haz some of those whoopie pies? Where's the drooling smilie? Oh, so WANT!

Whatever4

Birther Potpourri

Postby Whatever4 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:12 pm

:shock: w4, I can haz some of those whoopie pies? Where's the drooling smilie? Oh, so WANT!

You can haz pie if you pony up some good stuff I can use. :mrgreen:

Return to “Miscellaneous”