Mitt Romney

realist

Mitt Romney

Postby realist » Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:42 am

Setting some ground rules

Harry Reid knows Romney pays his taxes.

[highlight]What he and his anonymous sources really want is public disclosure of the cutting-edge tactics used to keep the overall bill so low.[/highlight]

And the holy grail for them would be the revelation that [highlight]yes, a high-powered investor can rake in millions of dollars a year entirely tax free.[/highlight]

TexasFilly

Mitt Romney

Postby TexasFilly » Tue Aug 14, 2012 10:11 am

Host for Romney event is a convicted drug dealerDAVID FISCHER, Associated PressUpdated 1:00 a.m., Tuesday, August 14, 2012 MIAMI (AP) — Mitt Romney held a campaign event Monday evening at a Miami juice shop owned by a convicted cocaine trafficker.Romney appeared at El Palacio de los Jugos, which is owned by Reinaldo Bermudez. Court records show that Bermudez pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute cocaine in 1999 and served three years in federal prison.Appearing with Romney was Sen. Marco Rubio. Both men handed out juices to an excited crowd after making brief remarks. Romney was filming a campaign ad at the juice shop, aides said.[snipped part about the Rmoney campain not responding to questions about this]Bermudez told the Miami New Times that the Secret Service vetted everything about him when the Romney campaign asked to use his fresh fruit and vegetable stand and that they knew about his criminal record ."[highlight]Here in Miami there are a lot people with money who have had problems with the law,"[/highlight]Bermudez told the New Times. "Thankfully, we all have the opportunity in this country to re-enter society when we've done something wrong."

[/break1]chron.com/news/article/Host-for-Romney-event-is-a-convicted-drug-dealer-3785270.php]http://www.chron.com/news/article/Host- ... 785270.phpMore at the linky about the 2,850 lbs of cocaine involved.

Sterngard Friegen

Mitt Romney

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Tue Aug 14, 2012 3:57 pm

What's next? A photo op with Son of Sam?

Sequoia32

Mitt Romney

Postby Sequoia32 » Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:50 pm

A game:[/break1]com/]http://seamus-the-dog.com/$arah Palin makes an appearance.
So far every case of Ebola in this country got it by helping people. So relax, Republicans, you're in the clear. - Tina Dupuy

mimi

Mitt Romney

Postby mimi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:19 am

Emma

Mitt Romney

Postby Emma » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:03 am

[com]417953[/com]Republican defcon apeshit =)) Stewart skewers them on their hypocrisy.

realist

Mitt Romney

Postby realist » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:48 pm

Mitt Romney says he paid 'at least 13 percent' in taxes annually for past 10 yearsRepublican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Thursday that he has payed an income tax rate of at least 13 percent in each of the last 10 years, offering his fullest explanation to date of his tax status.In response to repeated demands from Democrats that he release his tax returns, Romney has so far made public only last year’s tax records, which showed he paid 13.9 percent on his 2010 income. He has said he will also release his 2011 return but has no plans to make public additional information.Read more at:[/break1]washingtonpost.com]http://www.washingtonpost.com

Chilidog

Mitt Romney

Postby Chilidog » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:59 pm

Mitt Romney says he paid 'at least 13 percent' in taxes annually for past 10 years

Then why the reluctance to release?What is it he is trying to avoid?

mimi

Mitt Romney

Postby mimi » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:05 pm

Mitt Romney says he paid 'at least 13 percent' in taxes annually for past 10 yearsRepublican presidential candidate Mitt Romney said Thursday that he has payed an income tax rate of at least 13 percent in each of the last 10 years, offering his fullest explanation to date of his tax status.In response to repeated demands from Democrats that he release his tax returns, Romney has so far made public only last year’s tax records, which showed he paid 13.9 percent on his 2010 income. He has said he will also release his 2011 return but has no plans to make public additional information.Read more at:[/break1]washingtonpost.com]http://www.washingtonpost.com

If only he didn't have a history of lying about his taxes.

And what’s important about that is that Mitt Romney has done this before. He did this in Massachusetts in 2002.Massachusetts Democrats said in 2002 that Mitt Romney was not eligible to run for governor in the state because the state constitution says you have to have been a resident of Massachusetts for seven years before you can run for governor. In trying to prove that allegation, they asserted that Mr. Romney’s tax returns would show that he had not filed his taxes as a Massachusetts resident. They thought that should disqualify him from being able to run for governor in the state.(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)JAMES ROOSEVELT, JR., MA DEM PARTY COUNSEL: We believe that Mitt Romney is not qualified under the Massachusetts constitution to be governor because he declared himself to be a nonresident of Massachusetts.(END VIDEO CLIP)MADDOW: So for their own reasons, because they were trying to get him kicked off the ballot, Massachusetts Democrats asserted that Mitt Romney’s taxes showed him declaring himself to be a non-resident of Massachusetts. The Romney campaign denied this. They went to reporters and denied that allegation from the Democrats.“Romney filed his taxes as a resident of both Utah and Massachusetts in 1999 and 2000, and plans to do the same for 2001,” said Romney spokesman, Eric Fehrnstrom.They wouldn’t release the tax returns, wouldn’t show them to anyone, but they said trust me. Eric Fehrnstrom and Mitt Romney said trust us. The tax returns show that Mitt Romney filed as a Massachusetts resident. That’s what they said. They were lying.(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)REPORTER: The Democrats point to Romney’s house in Utah, which was listed as his primary residence, to support a challenge. They also want to see his tax returns.ROOSEVELT: We have now learned from his own lips this afternoon that Mr. Romney lied yesterday when he said he had filed resident tax returns in both Massachusetts and Utah.REPORTER: Romney acknowledged today he amended his 1999 and 2000 Massachusetts state tax returns to make him a resident here.(END VIDEO CLIP)MADDOW: To make him a resident here retroactively. So after saying all along for months to the people of Massachusetts, trust me, I have been filing my tax returns as a Massachusetts resident, it finally came out under pressure that was not true. He had to go back retroactively and refile as a Massachusetts resident because he hadn’t filed as a Massachusetts resident despite what he was saying in public.He said, trust me I have, when he had not.

Much more to this transcript, and the clip from the show, here:[/break1]pensitoreview.com/2012/08/08/romney-hid-his-returns-in-2002-mass-governors-race-too/]http://www.pensitoreview.com/2012/08/08 ... -race-too/

Litlebritdifrnt2

Mitt Romney

Postby Litlebritdifrnt2 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:13 pm

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 3:16 pm

And the GOP whined that Clinton was a Waffle...I think the Waffle has met it's match with Rmoney/Ryan.If you want to know their positions on the issues, you have to check back every hour to see if either one flip flopped or stepped in their partner's crap.The GOP really does look like the Keystone Kops.
"Scientific Research: A whole lotta tedious attention to detail followed
by a lovely payoff too esoteric for your friends to understand."
anon--

esseff44

Mitt Romney

Postby esseff44 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:43 pm

One thing I know they didn't spend any money on was Charm School for Ann. Rafalca has better manners and was better trained. Rafalca is also better dressed.

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:50 pm

One thing I know they didn't spend any money on was Charm School for Ann. Rafalca has better manners and was better trained. Rafalca is also better dressed.

She threw in her opinion that the Rmoney's have paid all the taxes required by law. With the revenue code as it is, you're bound to screw something up at tax time.

Then she gets all indignant that people just don't believe her. Could it be all that prevarication her man has done??

I understand the "stand by your man" crap.

Release the tax returns. Apparently, they can't risk the American public knowing anything about all the dirty deals and shady crap from Swiss banks to the Grand Cayman Island.
anon--

TexasFilly

Mitt Romney

Postby TexasFilly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:57 pm

She threw in her opinion that the Rmoney's have paid all the taxes required by law. With the revenue code as it is, you're bound to screw something up at tax time.

Not when you have a virtual army of tax lawyers and accountants. Besides, they don't seem to file at "tax time". Where the hell are the 2011 returns? They are going to wait till October to file? He's running for office, for pete's sake! :lol: Rmoney is a complete idiot for even making this statement today. Now the tax returns are back in the news. I'll bet his advisors are all ](*,)

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:04 pm

Not when you have a virtual army of tax lawyers and accountants. Besides, they don't seem to file at "tax time". Where the hell are the 2011 returns? They are going to wait till October to file? He's running for office, for pete's sake! :lol: Rmoney is a complete idiot for even making this statement today. Now the tax returns are back in the news. I'll bet his advisors are all ](*,)

It was quite nice of him to make sure the tax return issues stays in the headlines. Thanks guy!!
anon--

esseff44

Mitt Romney

Postby esseff44 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:15 pm

But 13% of what? If most of the income is excluded or deferred or loopholed into some category not taxed, 13% of nothing is nothing.I want to see the math. I want to see the gross and how they get to the bottom line. Nobody's really vouching for him on this other that to say it doesn't 'disqualify' him for office. All the evasion and careful wording and fear of it being used as ammunition only feeds the growing cloud of suspicion. "Trust me!" is a loser of a campaign slogan.

Emma

Mitt Romney

Postby Emma » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:09 pm

But 13% of what? If most of the income is excluded or deferred or loopholed into some category not taxed, 13% of nothing is nothing.I want to see the math. I want to see the gross and how they get to the bottom line. Nobody's really vouching for him on this other that to say it doesn't 'disqualify' him for office. All the evasion and careful wording and fear of it being used as ammunition only feeds the growing cloud of suspicion. "Trust me!" is a loser of a campaign slogan.

I'm not a tax whiz, but just how low would his taxable income have to be to pay only 13%?edit: I don't think my question makes sense ... this stuff makes my head pound.

TexasFilly

Mitt Romney

Postby TexasFilly » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:39 pm

[imgwidth=]http://images1.dailykos.com/i/user/312562/Kos-71-teaser.jpg[/imgwidth]

SueDB

Mitt Romney

Postby SueDB » Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:44 pm

Thanks, I needed that.Now that's a cartoon we can all get behind! =)) =)) =)) =))
anon--

esseff44

Mitt Romney

Postby esseff44 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:45 pm

That is the campaign in a nutshell at least as far as the MSM is concerned.

Adrianinflorida

Mitt Romney

Postby Adrianinflorida » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:47 am

13% in taxes? What KIND of taxes. Ad velorem, sales tax, etc, everybody pays in one way or another. We need a true accounting of his income taxes.

Sugar Magnolia

Mitt Romney

Postby Sugar Magnolia » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:48 am

To paraphrase the WND commercial;Mitt's taxes - SEALED

Epectitus

Mitt Romney

Postby Epectitus » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:45 am

The speculation that has begun to gain traction between my lawyer buddies here at the Denver U-club and I is that Mitt took advantage of the 2009 amnesty for illegal Swiss Bank Accounts. It was considered on [/break1]slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/07/17/romney_s_tax_returns_is_the_2009_swiss_bank_account_amnesty_what_he_doesn_t_want_us_to_see_.html]Slatea couple of days ago, and sure seems to account for a detail or two.Had Romney applied for and received amnesty to avoid criminal prosecution, his tax returns prior to 2009 would reflect the adjustments made by the IRS to account for owed taxes and penalties. Sure... it would completely honest to say that he paid at least 13% each year... just not that he paid that in the years it was due.As idle speculation goes, that's the story I'm giving most credence to.

Emma

Mitt Romney

Postby Emma » Fri Aug 17, 2012 9:47 am

O'Donnell has been pushing that theory on his show. Now when will a reporter have the cojones to ask him about this :twisted:

Return to “Presidential Election”