Indiana ballot challenge (smackdown for Orly)

Welsh Dragon

Postby Welsh Dragon » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:07 pm

Thanks Loh. Great Report! I've been working all evening and have been looking forward to reading it.

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:08 pm

((Paul and family))

Thanks, Kate. To be honest, every day is different, and every day sucks. There are flashes of "our Mom," which we treasure, but mostly not, and we do our best to cope with our loss--and, more importantly, Mom's--in the best way we can. About 3/4 of the time, despite all our research and what we hope we've learned to do, we find ourselves in the dark (which has got to be nothing compared to where Mom finds herself, when she actually does). It's tough, watching her slip away mentally, while she's still relatively strong physically.One day...actually, one hour--at a time, celebrating the lucid moments, and coping with those which aren't. And, oddly enough, giving thanks every day for a little stray rescue cat we named "Zibit" (Zibby, for short) who came into my own family's life about 10 months ago, and who has turned out to be the only constant "love" in my Mom's life...currently curled up at Mom's feet and to whom, in moments of her wakefulness, my Mom croons, "Baby, sweet baby." Seriously, the rest of us (my brothers, me, and Callie) are shit, but Zibby is always golden, and I thank God for her 50 times a day every day.Well, enough about that. I've gotta hit the sack...court tomorrow morning. Thanks again.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 pm

It's an honor to take care of your mom, Paul. I don't need to tell you that. Both my wife's parents died in our home of Alzheimers. It was a nightmare and a horror and a pain in the ass and a terrible, terrible experience.And it was an honor, taking care of them right to the end. I'd do it all over again if I could. Remember to take care of yourself, too.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:22 pm

Taitz has not yet filed about her latest beating. But the excuse will be the same. It is never Taitz's fault. The rules are for little people. The law is irrelevant when it comes to Taitz's claims. It's all about only one thing.

[spoil][shadow=blue]CORRUPTION![/shadow][/spoil]

She will never take responsibility for her utter incompetence.

Jocelyn9596

Postby Jocelyn9596 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:27 pm

((Paul and family))

No kidding. Been there, done that, got loads of Karma.Rule #1. Take care of yourself.

My heart goes out to you. Our Mom passed in January and although she required two years of 24/7 care, I'm very much at peace knowing we did our best and she stayed in her home until the end. I definitely have to echo the above advice of taking care of yourself, too. You have to carve time for yourself or you'll be of no use to anyone. Remember to take advantage of local resources as you never know what patients qualify for in terms of benefits that are available if you don't ask.

LM K

Postby LM K » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 pm

It makes me happy that Orly blew a ton of money being stupid. :lol: :lol: :lol:

It is hilarious that Orly keeps doing this over and over and over again. But I guess there has to be one Judge who isn't a corrupt Soros asshole out there, right?

I'm sure the transcript is being rigged at this very moment to reflect my own report, to trick people into thinking it's true. This is the best part of being a Soros agent.

Oh, crap! It was my turn to pay off the court reporter. We're screwed; I forgot to send the check! :hitthefan:

06/12/12 NOTICE OF A BAR COMPLAINT AGAINST DEFENDANTS AND THEIR

Description NOTICE OF A BAR COMPLAINT AGAINST DEFENDANTS AND THEIR ATTORNEYS TO ALL PARTIES AND THEIR ATTORNEYS AT RECORD FILED BY PLAINTIFF

I suspect that the bar complaint was filed immediately after Taitz learned that her "witnesses" would not be allowed to testify.

Dear Loh,

:hug: :-* :hug:

Thank you!

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:28 pm

All of you--Somerset, Mary, Dave Muckey, Plutodog--everyone...thank you.[offtopic]I don't do this well, yanno? She's my Mom, and one of the smartest and most remarkable women in this world. It's heartbreaking and (in the times she doesn't even recognize me/any of us, and responds as she might to strangers with whom she is thoroughly pissed off), it's hurtful. But it is what it is, and we're very fortunate to be able to manage a round-the-clock care schedule that allows Mom to stay at home (even though, about 75% of the time, she swears it isn't her home, and pleads with us to take her "home"). But, compared to a lot of families, we're fortunate. Everyone is "engaged" in this; Mom has great doctors who are all doing what they can, as best they can, as her situation changes (or not). Yes, it's a lot of time, but I'd guess that--for each of us--it's a hell of a lot less time than Mom gave each of us when we were helpless infants in need, and I KNOW it's a lot less time than Mom gave me, whenever I needed it, growing up. And that's REALLY enough. This thread isn't about me, or my Mom, or my family. So, thanks to all of you but, the end...please, and thank you.[/offtopic]

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:31 pm

[offtopic]The topic of family care is very important. Can someone start a new thread and move all these posts to it so that it may be given the discussion it needs?[/offtopic]

No Pilikia

Postby No Pilikia » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:39 pm

35 years of varied experiences as a nurse, trying to help countless families, are what makes me feel sickened at the thought of a Romney Presidency. If Obama loses because of his attempts at Health Care Reform, will it have been worth it? Will our country screw around for decades more before they understand this? How long will the idiots among the Birthers & GOP vote against their own best interests?

SuzieC

Postby SuzieC » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 pm

No kidding. Been there, done that, got loads of Karma.Rule #1. Take care of yourself.My heart goes out to you. Our Mom passed in January and although she required two years of 24/7 care, I'm very much at peace knowing we did our best and she stayed in her home until the end. I definitely have to echo the above advice of taking care of yourself, too. You have to carve time for yourself or you'll be of no use to anyone. Remember to take advantage of local resources as you never know what patients qualify for in terms of benefits that are available if you don't ask.

Same here. My mother died last month after a 10, or maybe longer, years battle with Alzheimer's disease. I say "maybe" because, looking back in retrospect to some correspondence dating to 2002, she was very much in the early stages of her decline. She finally went into a facility 2 years ago. It is a horrible decline, watching a person you love be reduced to a shell of a human being. My 91 year old father is a living saint for taking care of her for as long as he could.This is off-topic from the Orly thread but I wanted to chime in, as many of you have had similar experiences. Besides, Orly is yesterday's used kleenex.

ObjectiveDoubter

Postby ObjectiveDoubter » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:45 pm

What a day. In a miserable meeting about new software (!) all day, getting drowsier and drowsier, reading my iphone in the bathroom and sneaking a look in my lap under the table while pretending to look interested in what the trainer was explaining. In systems and software. Blech! And I missed RC Radio. :cry: I can go back there and listen to it, right? I assume there was a discussion of the chances that when the order is drawn up, sanctions will be a part of it, at least as it comes from the defendants' attorneys to the judge, with hope it will be signed. Did Orly really tell the judge to her face that she was baised? Also, I was a little confused about her lack of standing. Since that was in the defendant's response, and since it was brought up in Court, why did Orly get to participate after that point? Was it never settled that she didn't have standing? http://smileys.smilchat.net/smiley/love/chatup/smooch.gif And thank you, Loh! Wow. I read your summary and felt for you from the second you said Orly stared you down. I experienced that and it is more than a little creepy. Duty above and beyond. You've earned undying admiration here in the Valley from this Valley Girl!

SuzieC

Postby SuzieC » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:47 pm

35 years of varied experiences as a nurse, trying to help countless families, are what makes me feel sickened at the thought of a Romney Presidency. If Obama loses because of his attempts at Health Care Reform, will it have been worth it? Will our country screw around for decades more before they understand this? How long will the idiots among the Birthers & GOP vote against their own best interests?

Until the old, elderly, scared of scary black Pres. white birfers die off.

Paul Lentz

Postby Paul Lentz » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

It's an honor to take care of your mom, Paul. I don't need to tell you that. Both my wife's parents died in our home of Alzheimers. It was a nightmare and a horror and a pain in the ass and a terrible, terrible experience.And it was an honor, taking care of them right to the end. I'd do it all over again if I could. Remember to take care of yourself, too.

[hidden]Shit. Made me choke up, Foggy. Yes, it's an absolute honor, and a horror, and I'll (we/all of us) will do whatever we have to do until it's done. I hate it, and I've certainly aged 6 years in the last 6 months, and I'm glad to do it, and I sometimes wish (in my heart, although I don't express this except to Callie and now, to you) there was some way to escape, short of my Mom dying or becoming so totally out of touch that it really wouldn't matter who was caring for her...and I don't think I'll ever believe--no matter what my Mom does or says--that moment will come, so I'm not looking for it. And every night I pray that my Mom will get better, and find peace, and I'm not sure those two things aren't mutually exclusive, so I keep searching for a way to make those two things happen together. So far, I've not found a way. And tomorrow, I'll start the day new again, and that's the only way I know to approach this...it's how I cope, and it's just how I deal with it.[/hidden]

borealis

Postby borealis » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:48 pm

[offtopic]The topic of family care is very important. Can someone start a new thread and move all these posts to it so that it may be given the discussion it needs?[/offtopic]

Excellent. I need some assistance there too.

neonzx

Postby neonzx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:02 am

Not to derail the caring for aging relatives theme (I have something to contribute to that when we get a new thread)...Where were Orly's flown-in "witnesses" during the hearing? I understand their testimonies were not going to be permitted, but they weren't even in the gallery observing? Or were they there as part of of Orly's motley crew but Loh just couldn't ID them? Or, did Orly release them to go sightseeing?

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:14 am

I doubt she had any witnesses there. No one called her bluff. And she knew she wouldn't be able to put any witnesses on. Orly is all screech and nothing else.

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:27 am

Loh,

Thank you so very much for taking time from your job to attend the hearing and filing such an excellent report. I am flying DFW to SEA right at the moment, so Orly has no excuse (snicker) not to be on the website....

I really appreciate your patience, understanding, and extreme professionalism in your reporting of the hearing. I was unable to listen to the live RC radio, but I have the mp3 downloading right at the moment. Airline wifi is slower than snot on downloads (load balancing). I could swear I heard screeching early this afternoon while I was vacationing in the Great State of Texas. Now back home to Washington...

=D> =D> \ :D / \ :D / 8-)

[shadow=blue]You DA' Man!!!![/shadow]
You can follow the action, which gets you good pictures.
You can follow your instincts, which'll probably get you in trouble.
Or... you can follow the money - The Two Jakes -

neonzx

Postby neonzx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:28 am

The WINNER of the 6/12 Indiana Hearing FOGBOWL (pending final verification upon receipt of official transcript) is Sterngard Friegen, who picked 72 minutes. :cheer:

Congrats Stern! Please consult with TFB Prize Patrol™ to claim whatever it is you've won. (I just run the bowl and am not on the prize commitee) :-

A Legal Lohengrin

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:31 am

Where were Orly's flown-in "witnesses" during the hearing? I understand their testimonies were not going to be permitted, but they weren't even in the gallery observing? Or were they there as part of of Orly's motley crew but Loh just couldn't ID them? Or, did Orly release them to go sightseeing?

They were nowhere in evidence, and some of the likely witnesses would have been obvious. Orly's final explosion was about her witlesses being excluded, and that she had paid to fly these morons in from all over the country, and put them up in a hotel, and yet they were not allowed to testify. Her eruption seemed genuine to me. I believe the exclusion of her witnesses occurred in some kind of in camera proceeding before the hearing.I would not rule out that Orly just made up all this stuff and started ranting about it. However, my read is that she was genuinely pissed and venting. My belief is that she blew a lot of money for nothing. She thought she could pull off her usual schtick of bringing in a bunch of idiots, whining about how much she'd spent and getting court time for her bullshit.She spent a lot of time pre-hearing messing with AV equipment and setting up display easels and similar nonsense. None of this figured in the hearing.My personal opinion is that she probably did, in fact, waste a lot of money flying morons in to Indiana and putting them up in a hotel, so that they could end up doing nothing. I hope Orly gets more such allies. If Orly wants to spend a bunch of money to put me up in Indianapolis for no reason and buy me dinner at P.F. Chang's, I will be a witless for her too. Well, probably not. But can you blame her imaginary witnesses? They get to fly on a plane and then stay in a hotel and then do nothing, not even testify. I sure hope it cost that dimwit a lot.Enjoy your future failures, Orly!They're only going to get more expensive. :twoup:

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:35 am

[offtopic]Please do......lots of good info to pass around to help everyone who is presently and in the future deal with loved ones who slip away from us while still being physically there.[/offtopic]

P.K.

Postby P.K. » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:38 am

Please let me add my belated "thank you" to Loh! Thank you, thank you! And, you rock!!!

neonzx

Postby neonzx » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:46 am

Loh,

I really appreciate your patience, understanding, and extreme professionalism in your reporting of the hearing.

Ditto. And too, also, for you not bending to the demands of some callers for you to guess at Judge Reid's age. [-(

SueDB

Postby SueDB » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:59 am

Download of mp3 done......Now for the most entertaining part of the flight to Seattle... 8-) RC Radio over the US.

GreatGrey

Postby GreatGrey » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:14 am

Loh,

I really appreciate your patience, understanding, and extreme professionalism in your reporting of the hearing.

Ditto. And too, also, for you not bending to the demands of some callers for you to guess at Judge Reid's age. [-(

Careful, you don't wanna start another contest.

RTH10260

Postby RTH10260 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:16 am

I feel bad for the stewardesses on Orly's flight home. but, more importantly as an animal lover, I hope Orly does not own a dog...

[sekrit]Poor poor Fluffy :( :D [/sekrit]

Return to “State Ballot Challenges”