RFK Jr. 2024- Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

p0rtia

RFK Jr. 2024- Antivaxxer Robert Francis Kennedy Jr. Jan 17, 1954 - Capricorn / Horse

Post by p0rtia »

RFK Jr on Ari Melber.

Melber doing much better than usual.

RFK Jr "I'm not a spoiler. Biden is the spoiler because he can't win."
much ado

Post by much ado »

Must be the worm speaking.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I take it back. Ari became a stupid dork after about three minutes. RFK Jr is answering his questions, and then Ari says he's not answering his questions. Pff.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I'm no fan of RFK, but Collins is a special kind of evil.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 6:22 pm Must be the worm speaking.
I think the dead worm story only came out because the worm was going to go on record and say "I ain't voting for him."
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

When asked to pay divorce-related expenses for family—sickly

When running for president—healthiest candidate, vibrant, couldn’t be better
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

This story is a political career killer. It is worse IMHO than puppy/goat executioner.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:15 pm This story is a political career killer. It is worse IMHO than puppy/goat executioner.
RFK jr killed a worm! :biggrin:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Worm/Cricket - 2024! there could be a lot of cute campaign posters!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:48 am
neonzx wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 11:15 pm This story is a political career killer. It is worse IMHO than puppy/goat executioner.
RFK jr killed a worm! :biggrin:
it was already calcified by the time they discovered and removed it
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bob

Post by bob »

To be fair, Kennedy didn't release this (like the puppy killer). It was from a decade-old deposition that someone dug up.

Good ole oppo research.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I forget if he mentioned why he was sleeping with his head in a bucket of worms, or how he otherwise managed to insert a brain-eating worm into his brain. :?:

I generally avoid sleeping in the vicinity of brain-eating worms. :think:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

I watched one of the fake news networks persons questioning a neurologist yesterday. The neurologist said it was possible. This is usually caused from eating undercooked pork. I thought today's pork didn't have the worm problem. Personally, RFKJr is a bit kooky and he found himself a kooky healthcare provider.
Largo al factotum.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wait, undercooked pork gives you a tapeworm in your stomach, not a brain-eating worm in your brain.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I heard he was snorting brain-eating worms just like you snort cocaine (OK, not you personally), and that's how it got in his brain. I imagine it's safer to snort actual cocaine.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... -worm-rfk/

Sharable.

Here's a serious article about brain worms.

But the comments are a hoot!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wow, a pork tapeworm CAN get in your brain. I did not know that.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 1:59 pm Wow, a pork tapeworm CAN get in your brain. I did not know that.
Ya. Normally it uses Pigs as an intermediate host. Like Liver Fluke, Tapeworms have an Intermediate host where another form of the parasite hatches and infexts another species and that lays eggs that fond their way into humans to become Tapeworms, usually though eating Pork that's improperly cooked. Liver Fluke use River Snails as intermediate hosts, and the Larvae that hurst out of the snails is drunk by Cattle to become adult Liver Fluke. Fascinating, in a horrific kind of way.

But sometimes the Intermediate hosts hatches inside Humans, and they migrate throughout the body and can lodge in the brain. Since things rarely eat Humans their larvae don't go anywhere after that, and the intermediate worms eventually die. It's a very prominent disease in South America.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.statnews.com/2024/05/08/bra ... -uncommon/
Brain worms became a topic of public fascination Wednesday after the The New York Times reported that presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. was mistakenly diagnosed with a brain tumor after scans picked up abnormalities that turned out to be “caused by a worm that got into my brain and ate a portion of it and then died,” he reportedly said in a 2012 deposition reviewed by The New York Times.

Though the article did not name the parasite involved, two doctors told the Globe the most likely culprit is T. solium, a pork tapeworm that is by far the most common brain worm.

Over the course of his 30 year career, Hamer said he has treated about 20 patients suffering from a condition called cysticercosis, a parasitic disease caused by T. solium, which accounts for the vast majority of brain worms requiring medical attention.

RFK Jr’s brain worm came to light after he experienced memory loss and mental fogginess. After brain scans revealed a dark spot, doctors diagnosed Kennedy with brain cancer and scheduled surgery at Duke University Medical Center. While packing for the hospital, however, he received a call from a doctor in New York who convinced Kennedy he’d been misdiagnosed, and actually had a dead worm in his brain, the Times reported.

In an interview with the Times, Kennedy said he had recovered from the memory loss and fogginess and had no aftereffects from the parasite.

Cysticercosis is caused by the eggs of pork tapeworms. In most cases, someone eats food contaminated with the eggs, the eggs hatch and “sort of migrate through the body, ending up in muscles or in the brain, said Hamer.

The immune system then attacks the parasites and forms cysts around them that range in size from a couple millimeters to a couple centimeters. That can lead to irritation of the brain, which can potentially lead to seizures.

The condition is common in Latin America, where it is believed to be among the most common causes of seizures.

“It can form multiple cysts,” he said. “Some people’s brains almost look like Swiss cheese with lots of holes and there can be a fair amount of inflammation. And after many years, the parasite in there dies and the cyst will degenerate and become calcified. And at that point there’s no need for treatment.”

Medical treatment usually consists of a two-drug anti-parasitic regimen, and steroids to reduce the inflammation that usually occurs when the parasites die. Even without treatment, the parasites usually die out on their own, causing the cyst to calcify, a process that is often harmless. The condition rarely causes long-term damage.

In one famous case, an outbreak occurs in an Ashkenazi Jewish community in Manhattan, most of whom did not eat pork. The infection was eventually traced back to a Latin American domestic worker in one of the households, who had failed to wash their hands prior to preparing produce.

The disease, says Hamer, could cause the symptoms described by RFK Jr., depending on “what part of the brain it landed in and how much local inflammation there was.”

Though less common, other parasites are also a possibility. They include a flat worm contracted through wading into or swimming in some fresh water sources, predominantly in Brazil, but also in Africa and Asia. It usually infects the intestines, the liver and the bladder, and its eggs can migrate to the brain. Another type of worm is passed on by infected slugs, which shed the parasite in slime that sometimes gets onto vegetables consumed by humans and can then make its way to the brain. It can cause meningitis and has led to outbreaks in China, Southeast Asia and Hawaii. The most fatal is a brain-eating amoeba that is often contracted in warm fresh water, ingested through the nose, and often leads to encephalitis that is almost always fatal.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I call upon my supporter to demand that Donald the quadfectee and Joe Biden be tested for brain-eating worms, dead or alive. And every member of Congress, for that matter.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/health/wha ... al-rinsing

I've heard of brain eating amoebas. They're more prevalent now that the coastal Waters are so warm. If you use a neti pot, you need to be careful.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Foggy wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 2:50 pm I call upon my supporter to demand that Donald the quadfectee and Joe Biden be tested for brain-eating worms, dead or alive. And every member of Congress, for that matter.
I think that MTG is a larval queen
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

A friend who worked in pathology mention

Don’t eat slugs for bets or any other reason.

They are a carrier for a rat worm that does find its way to a mammals brain and…
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The buried lede from Suranis’ article.
RFK Jr’s brain worm came to light after he experienced memory loss and mental fogginess.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Then there is the common to carpet python roundworm Ophidascaris robertsi - a few years ago an 8cm long one was removed from a 64 year old NSW woman’s brain.

Return to “US President”