sad-cafe

Republicans behaving badly

Post by sad-cafe »

all republicans are bad all the time
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 3:13 am With regard to Sunday school teaching, Kristi Noem probably misunderstood then diligently implemented Matthew 19:14 (tone of voice: action hero growl): Jesus said: "Suffer, little children!"
:shock:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Discussion on Noem earlier today on CNN, Kasie Hunt's show. It appears that there are comments made in the book also some bit about Biden dog Commander and the biting incidents and a comment about Commander should play in dog heaven with Cricket. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-BB1lSLZd
"Commander, say hello to Cricket for me," Noem wrote in her memoir.
Norm also brought up Commander when she was on Face the Nation yesterday. :mad:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Well, today 5/7 is supposed to be release day. I don't see any reviews on Amazon yet, but look at the blurbs I found. Tfg and the always vile Rachel Campos Duffy.
Attachments
blurbs.PNG
blurbs.PNG (64.62 KiB) Viewed 841 times
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Riley Gaines' descriptors are on-brand for her, crikey. When her 15 minutes of fame are up, I will not shed a single damn tear.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... f307e&ei=9
South Dakota Governor Kristi Noem embarked this week on one of the more tumultuous book tours in recent memory, as she was peppered with questions about an anecdote about killing her dog Cricket, and another story about meeting North Korean leader Kim Jung Un. Major doubts were raised that the latter story was true.

As she sought to promote No Going Back, she was peppered with questions in interviews with mainstream outlets like Face the Nation and NewsNation, but some of the most contentious Q&A have been with those on the right, like Fox News’ Stuart Varney and Newsmax. The book was an obvious was of getting attention as Donald Trump considers potential running mates, but Rob Finnerty of Newsmax went so far as to tell her, directly, “I don’t even think you’re on the list.”
Now Noem has started to cancel media appearances.

CNN’s Dana Bash told viewers today that, after booking her for Inside Politics weeks ago, “she abruptly canceled last night.” Noem also canceled an interview with Greg Gutfeld on Fox News’ Gutfeld! last night, with the host telling viewers that she canceled due to the weather, per Mediaite.

“Blames the weather,” Gutfeld said. “I don’t believe it. I just think it is a little late to keep her on a short leash.” He then went on with Dana Perino “standing in” for Noem, while continuing to mock the governor.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I love such spectacular fails by those who soundly deserve it. :clap:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.
Verified: ✅Of course

Post by zekeb »

Noem reminds me of Palin in so many ways. The resemblance in uncanny.
Largo al factotum.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

If Noem was asked about what magazines or publications she reads she'll respond by telling us how many animals she's shot dead.

But anyway
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Pretty bad when Fox is mocking you :biggrin:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Palin showed the world that bullshit is something you can market to a 24 hour media cycle.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

She tried to bull her way through but then gave out. Why? In for a dime… Have no shame. Bull it out. It’s the tfg way.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... otYAAAA%3D
France's government is disputing a portion of South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's book that describes a canceled meeting with French President Emmanuel Macron.

The book, which has already had a passage removed over unverified claims of the Republican governor meeting North Korean leader Kim Jong Un, says a planned meet-up between Noem and Macron last year was nixed after he allegedly made “pro-Hamas” comments.

"While in Paris, I was slated to meet with French president Emmanuel Macron," Noem wrote in her book "No Going Back." "However, the day before we were to meet he made what I considered a very pro-Hamas and anti-Israel comment to the press. So, I decided to cancel."

A representative from the Élysée Palace disputed Noem's account, saying there’s no record of a scheduled meeting, nor was there an invitation extended to her.

When reached for comment Friday, a spokesperson for Noem said that “the Governor was invited to sit in President Macron’s box for the Armistice Day Parade at Arc de Triomphe.”
Amazon reviews are not good. Considering the reports of some Fox hosts washing their hands of her, can we get a reporter to ask Fox and/or Campos Duffey if she'll retract? Brian Stelter, we're looking at you :biggrin:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suggesting one were on speaking terms with foreign dignitaries is a bad move when one wants to become VP material. Foreign governments will take a dim view on such personalities and potential POTUS material ought to take a wide path around them. :?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

My favorite review.
Robyn Eshleman
5.0 out of 5 stars TOUGH TIMES --- CALL FOR HARD DECISIONS
Reviewed in the United States on May 10, 2024
Verified Purchase
This book not as pleasant read as her “Not my First Rodeo” - but then today all over the world face tougher times than it was two years ago.
In the end of October, 2023 in Oslo, Norway Nordic migration and justice ministers from Denmark, Finland, Sweden, Norway as well as Iceland announced a deal to strengthen efforts for migrants to return to their countries of origin, and to deport illegal residents to third countries.
If immigration is the #1 issue troubling American voters, along with economic hardships — visiting the countries of the Scandinavian peninsula to find out what is working since last year when the plan was laid out — and what’s not; what is applicable to the illegal migrant crisis in the United States and what’s not - could be very productive. Who better to led such a fact finding mission? All the countries of Scandinavia have high rating on transparency international .org —- & none have E-voting machines.
Stop battling her on a worn out story now two decades gone - if she had not mentioned it in her book — her critics would still have dredged it up anyway . She was going to get kickback no matter what she decided . . . non-fiction is what it is - or should be - brutal honesty. Read fiction if you can’t take it.
8 people found this helpful
I could point out some interesting points about Scandinavian countries a MAGAt might not like, plus if it's an old story and hadn't been dredged up...it was unlikely to be without a nudge.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

No pain, no gain. Those bootstraps ain't gonna pull themselves up any.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

At this point is anything in her book true outside of shooting her animals?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... h-impunity
Romney: Biden should allow Trump to commit crimes with impunity
Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah, argued that President Joe Biden should have pardoned Donald Trump after the Justice Department brought indictments against the former president and pressured New York prosecutors not to pursue Trump’s ongoing hush money trial.

In an exclusive interview on MSNBC’s “The 11th Hour with Stephanie Ruhle,” Romney expressed his dismay in response to Republican lawmakers, including the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s vice presidential prospects, rallying to Trump’s defense outside the Manhattan courthouse where Trump’s hush money trial is taking place.

“How does that make you feel about Republicans?” Ruhle asked Romney.

Romney, a vocal critic of Trump, said, “I think it’s a terrible fault for our country to see people attacking our legal system — that’s an enormous mistake. I think it’s also demeaning for people to quite apparently try and run for vice president by donning a red tie and standing outside the courthouse. It’s just — I’d have felt awkward.”

The Utah Republican argued that Biden should have pardoned Trump when the Justice Department announced charges against him and that the president “made an enormous error” by not pressuring New York prosecutors to drop their case against Trump. (Presidents can pardon only in federal cases.)

“He should have fought like crazy to keep this prosecution from going forward,” Romney said, referring to Biden. “It was a win-win for Donald Trump.”
So not only should Biden issue a blanket pardon Trump to create a de facto presidential immunity (albeit one that obviously will not be honored for Democratic presidents), total presidential immunity is so important that he should also interfere with state prosecutions to uphold it! Fighting Trumpism with Trumpism, apparently.

At least Romney isn’t one of the Republicans pulling the “he can’t be impeached because he can be prosecuted and he can’t be prosecuted because he can be impeached” shell game, but it’s still pretty grim.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

The Daily Mail -

Georgia Republican files for divorce from glamorous oncologist after seven children - as a GOP member reveals he's been 'caressing a colleague on the House floor' - and scorned wife offers cryptic text
After 12 years of marriage and less than two years into his congressional career, Georgia Republican Rep. Rich McCormick has filed for divorce from his oncologist wife Dr. Debra Miller.

The case was filed by McCormick on May 3. A mutual restraining order was also filed, DailyMail.com exclusively reports.

McCormick and Miller, his second wife, share seven children and live in Suwanee, Georgia. When approached about the reasoning for the divorce, Miller texted DailyMail.com: 'I'm sure that he will not be forthcoming.'

Capitol Hill insiders say McCormick has often been seen acting overly friendly toward a female Republican member of the House Beth Van Duyne, R-Texas.

One GOP member told DailyMail.com they had seen McCormick and and Van Duyne 'holding hands under the table' at the weekly Republican Study Committee lunch within the last three to four months and had seen him 'grab the small of her back' on the House floor during votes.

Two eyewitnesses say they have seen he and Beth holding hands, with one witnessing it as the pair were leaving votes.
Oh. Good. Lord. :roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Love is kinky sometimes.

Still the strongest force in the Universe. ❤️
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

I don't even know where to put this, but since she reportedly works for the Utah AG and he's a Rep, it goes here.
No commentary from me because it's just all too weird, but do watch the video.
https://utahnewsdispatch.com/2024/04/26 ... estaurant/
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, everyone looks bad in that story.
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Typical.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

:roll:
Image Image Image Image
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

:roll:

Anyway, I couldn't get the Tictok video to work. It might be region locked or something. :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”