Falsehoods unchallenged only fester and grow.

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next   
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:20 pm 

I don't know if anyone else has been keeping an eye on retired Col. Lawrence Sellin over at Canada Free Press, but lately he's getting more.....vocal in his calls for a coup.

Cases in point:

20 May, Obama’s ineligibility: Has the time come for rebellion?

Quote:
"We are experiencing, in real-time, the destruction of the Constitution and a flagrant disregard for the rule of law by elected officials and government bureaucrats, who are deliberately hiding the truth from the American people.

We must overthrow those responsible. For too long we have been silent and inattentive."

Quote:
"We must not permit Obama to run for President in 2012 without a proper investigation of his background and the truth disclosed.

If our government shirks its responsibility, then it is our patriotic duty as citizens to act."

24 May, Obama’s ineligibility: The U.S. government must be purged

Quote:
"If we do not rise up against the usurpation of power and the endemic corruption of the professional political class, our silence will be construed as a surrender of our rights.

We must not allow Obama to run for re-election without a proper investigation of his background and the truth being revealed. If there is a conspiracy to defraud the American people, the guilty must be rooted out and punished.

Ordinary Americans must now act because the professional political class will never do so. It may become prudent to exercise our Second Amendment rights vigorously."

30 May, Obama’s ineligibility: Prepare for the fall

Quote:
"We can hope that the cover-up surrounding Obama’s alleged crimes begins to unravel and honest, courageous and patriotic leaders step forward to root out those complicit, eliminate the endemic corruption and guide the country back on the right course.

Otherwise, left with no alternatives, open dissent will grow and chaos will ensue.

Keep your powder dry."

17 June, Obama’s ineligibility: Fighting back I

Quote:
"Our elected officials continue to ignore the fact that Barack Hussein Obama is not a natural born citizen and, therefore, ineligible for the Presidency. They have ignored requests by citizens to investigate allegations of felonies associated with Obama.

It is now the responsibility of ordinary Americans to restore the Constitution and the rule of law, which our government officials have willfully disregarded."

22 June, Obama’s ineligibility: We now have elective despotism

Quote:
"An increasing number of Americans believe that Congress no longer listens to or represents them, but acts only in its own collective self-interest.

More and more Americans think as John Adams did, that bottom-up revolutionary change is required to bring the country back on a proper path:"

24 June, Obama’s ineligibility: Our Lexington and Concord moment is coming (Dr. Kate LOVED this one!)

Quote:
"The first “shots” of the Second American Revolution have not been fired, but the battle lines have been drawn.

There is now a radical change in the principles, opinions, sentiments, and affections of the American people.

Petitioning the current Congress for the redress of grievances is futile. Members of Congress have turned a deaf ear to the voices of their constituents.

The present occupiers of the US Government openly violate the Constitution, are hopelessly corrupt and politically correct, have brought us to the brink of bankruptcy, have opened our borders to illegal immigration and have permitted a fifth column promoting Sharia law to infiltrate our society.

They can no longer be trusted as guardians of our posterity."

Quote:
"To me, those who are perpetrating this “Misprision of felony” are traitors and must be removed from their positions of authority. They no longer have either credibility or the trust of the people.

Obama is laughing in our faces, knowing that he has cowered his opposition simply by name-calling. If it was not so pathetic, that, too, would be laughable.

Like the militia at Lexington and Concord, it is now the responsibility of ordinary Americans to restore the Constitution and save the republic."

27 June, Obama’s ineligibility: Prepare for martial law

Quote:
"I no longer see how it can be averted. Politics has replaced the rule of law.

The Founding Fathers warned us to preserve a government of laws, and not of men.

Arrogant, lawless and lusting for power, government officials have abrogated their responsibility to the Constitution, the country and its citizens."

Quote:
"Obama has already trampled on the Constitution, ruthlessly over-stepped his authority and is rapidly eroding our liberties. He is, in my opinion, an illegal President and, most likely, a multiple felon.

Unlike many of the political elite, patriotic Americans will wait no longer. We will stand our ground, fight to uphold the Constitution and restore sanity to the country.

Time’s up. Let’s roll"

Since 24 March he's published 38 articles, averaging about 3 a week. And his calls for rebellion, coups, and armed overthrow are getting more and more open and direct.

As are the comments in said articles.

Where did this guy come from anyway?? Anyone have any background on him??

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:30 pm 

He is(or was) an army reservist who's done two tours in Afghanistan. He got fired last year after a rant about powerpoint presentations.

Quote:
The PowerPoint rant that got a colonel fired

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/09/army-colonel-fired-for-powerpoint-rant-090210w/

Then he seems to have caught birtherism.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:48 pm 

Sounds to me like another crackpot pissed off yahoo mad at the world and looking for a place to dump the blame, As well as looking for a visit from the secret service, which would probably be just the ticket to send him over the edge.

He keep that kind of shit up and he won’t have to wait long.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:54 pm 

The strange thing is that up to his last deployment he was regularly writing opinion pieces on military matters for UPI and the articles he wrote were not the crazy rants he's turning out for CFP. I might not agree with everything he wrote but they were IMO mainstream.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:45 pm 

Starting to put together some info on Sellin. I will note that many of his UPI articles mentioned he was living in Helsinki, Finland as a defense contractor. And most of his writings appeared sane until he showed up at Canada Free Press, and since then they've become a constant vomiting of birther talking points mixed with increasing calls for civilian and military action and a coup against Obama and the US Government.

I'm wondering if his powerpoint meltdown was the sign of something more seriously, mentally speaking.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:59 pm 

Welsh Dragon wrote:
He is(or was) an army reservist who's done two tours in Afghanistan. He got fired last year after a rant about powerpoint presentations.

Quote:
The PowerPoint rant that got a colonel fired

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2010/09/army-colonel-fired-for-powerpoint-rant-090210w/

Then he seems to have caught birtherism.

I remember reading that rant when it first came out and even bookmarked because it was so funny. Could it be that it is someone who is using his name and identity? Or it's the same guy and he's gone off the deep end?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:08 pm 

PatGund wrote:
I don't know if anyone else has been keeping an eye on retired Col. Lawrence Sellin over at Canada Free Press, but lately he's getting more.....vocal in his calls for a coup.

What a whackadoodle. Sellin is rebellin', and yellin' like a felon.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:39 pm 

Sellin certainly has an interesting history and one that makes his descent into nutjobdom even more puzzling.

From http://gsbs.umdnj.edu/alumni/sellin2006.html
Quote:
Lawrence C. Sellin, Ph.D.

Distinguished Leadership Award
Lawrence C. Sellin. PhD, received a M.S. in Biology from Seton Hall University in 1973 and a PhD in Physiology from UMDNJ in 1978 under the supervision of Dr. Joseph J. McArdle. His work centered on the neurotrophic effects of reinnervation on mammalian skeletal muscle. He then completed three years of postdoctoral training at the Department of Physiology, University of Virginia Medical School and the Department of Pharmacology, University of Lund, Sweden, where he conducted research on dystrophic muscle and voltage clamp on reinnervating muscle.

In 1980, Dr. Sellin became a Research Physiologist at the U.S. Army Medical research Institute of Infectious Diseases at Fort Detrick, Maryland, where he conducted electrophysiological studies on the action of botulinum toxin at the neuromuscular junction. From 1984 to 1989, he conducted research in the Finnish Alcohol Research Institute and was a cardiovascular project manager at Orion Pharmaceutical Company, where he was a co-inventor on two patented compounds. Dr. Sellin returned to the U.S. in 1989, working as a research grant administrator at both the National Science Foundation and the National Institutes of Health. From 1992 until 2000, he held positions of increasing responsibility at Astra and the merged AstraZeneca Pharmaceutical Company in the areas of clinical research and business management, ending his career with AstraZeneca as Global Director of E-Commerce and Internet Operations. In 1992 he was appointed Adjunct Associate Professor of Biophysics at the University of Oulu in Finland. Since 2000, he has worked for IBM as a European executive in Wireless E-Business and most recently as a Partner in IBM’s Business Consulting services. He has over 90 publications and abstracts on a broad range of topics in both science and business, and has made numerous presentations at international business conferences.

Dr. Sellin also is a Colonel in the U.S. Army Reserve and a veteran of the war in Afghanistan, where he was Commander of the Central Corps Advisory Group. Currently, he is Chief of Staff, Special Operations Command, Pacific. He is a graduate of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and he will receive a Master’s Degree in Strategic Studies from the U.S. Army War College in July 2006. His decorations include the Joint Service Commendation Medal, the Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal and the Combat Infantryman Badge.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:04 pm 

PatGund wrote:
I'm wondering if his powerpoint meltdown was the sign of something more seriously, mentally speaking.

I'm wondering that, too. Like a brain tumor or something. Having had a friend who had one, I remember that it can cause such behavioral changes that one would wonder if it's the same person.

And one thing I remember in particular was that my gentle and self-aware friend became a seething fount of rage against everything and everyone in the world.

"Still a man hears what he wants to hear And disregards the rest." Paul Simon, The Boxer
ImageImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 pm 

It is very puzzling. I started reading his CFP articles from the earliest dates onward. The first were labeled "satire' and showed the same sort of biting sarcasm that was in his 'powerpoint' piece. Then, the "satire" heading is dropped and his barbs are pointed toward both parties and the MSM. Then, what seemed like satire turns more towards 'two parent citizenship' and Vatellism. He's just too smart to be a birther. He's recently retired from the military and can speak his mind, but what happened to his mind in the last few months. I wonder if he has any followers or could he be doing what he's doing to see what comes out of the woodwork so he can laugh at them. I really cannot tell if he is serious or not.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:32 am 

He still seems to be pretty crafty about throwing in the qualifiers like "if", "in my opinion", etc.

IMO, he's doing a lot of preaching to the choir, NOT having a lot of luck getting the choir out and active outside church during the week OR in recruiting critical mass new recruits from the heathen populace.

• My friends, it is solidarity of labor we want. We do not want to find fault with each other, but to solidify our forces and say to each other: “We must be together; our masters are joined together and we must do the same thing.”
  • Pray for the dead, and fight like hell for the living.
—Mother Jones

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:18 am 

Occupation: Domestic goddess and vampire slayer (but not at the same time)
ducktape wrote:
And one thing I remember in particular was that my gentle and self-aware friend became a seething fount of rage against everything and everyone in the world.

Yes. I also have a friend who survived a brain tumor. He's so full of rage that I can no longer be around him. He's a completely different person now, and the least little thing sets him off. It's exhausting for his wife.

Hate is universal, but it rarely survives a good bitch-slapping. ~Estiveo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:09 pm 

Two more from Lawrence Sellin:

29 June - Obama’s ineligibility: Proof that Congress is lying

Quote:
"If our country no longer has any honest leaders, it will be the responsibility of ordinary citizens to restore the Constitution and the rule of law.

In doing so, patriotic Americans will be viciously opposed, denounced and denigrated by those corrupt politicians, powerful financiers and the main stream media.

Nevertheless, we must now stand our ground in order to save our country.

Abraham Lincoln said that the American people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution."

Oh, and Dean Haskins gets a reach-around.

Quote:
"Dean Haskins has produced an excellent video explaining how the Obama Administration and the Congress are lying to the American people.

Comments on this article are full of calls for civil war and military coups.

30 June - Obama’s ineligibility: It is time to create a genuine opposition

Quote:
"By giving illegal immigrants amnesty before the 2012 election, the Democrats believe that they can guarantee an election victory for Obama and regain control of Congress.

Their aim is permanent political power, a one-party state like Robert Mugabe’s Zimbabwe."

Racist much?

Quote:
"I agree that we should challenge Obama and the Democrats on their misguided policies, but in a street fight you can be sure that Obama, his union thugs, his powerful leftist financiers and his radical followers will not play by any rules.

And we will be called names like “racist” or “extremists” no matter what we do or say."

Maybe if you didn't ACT like racists or extremists.....

Quote:
"Regrettably, our government has declared war on the American people and our Constitution.

We must now remind ourselves of the outnumbered militiamen on Lexington Common the morning of April 19, 1775, the courage they displayed and the fateful words of their commander Captain John Parker:

Quote:
“Stand your ground; don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.”

The 2012 election will be crucial. It is now our turn to stand our ground. We are, quite literally, fighting for our lives and our country."

And he's using the American Revolution imagery again. As for the comments, I guess his readers figured if they were going to be called racists, they would let their racist freak flag fly.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:25 pm 

Quote:
"Stand your ground; don't vote unless voted upon, but if they mean to have another election, let it begin here."
All fixed for next year.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 3:48 pm 

One comment puts President Obama in fine company:
Quote:
...A huge mistake was made in choosing a dirty little Kenyan muslim Marxist empty suit to be our president. The mistake was made before with Lincoln, FDR, Carter et al. Hopefully enough are aware that we can with great effort reverse the damage this loathsome little swine has burdened us with.

This fight has been going on for a very long time. The haters have been around for generations.

There are as many good things about civilization as bad. Perhaps more. And we would miss them. From toothbrushes to electric lights. From clean water to democracy. From bookstores to the kind of gentle, tolerant argumentation that never resorts to violence and allows for the slow changing of opinions...and the gradual and diverse evolving of everybody's minds.
The core of what we now know that it means to be civilized.
Alas, Babylon by Pat Frank (1959), Foreword by David Brin (June 2005)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:12 pm 

TollandRCR wrote:
Quote:
...A huge mistake was made in choosing a dirty little Kenyan muslim Marxist empty suit to be our president. The mistake was made before with Lincoln, FDR, Carter et al. Hopefully enough are aware that we can with great effort reverse the damage this loathsome little swine has burdened us with.

This fight has been going on for a very long time. The haters have been around for generations.

Really? Lincoln?? Man, that commenter can hold a grudge.

Turning the Scale.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:02 pm 

Occupation: Domestic goddess and vampire slayer (but not at the same time)
BFB wrote:
Really? Lincoln?? Man, that commenter can hold a grudge.

From the south, I bet. Still some bitterness down there, to put it mildly.

Hate is universal, but it rarely survives a good bitch-slapping. ~Estiveo

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm 

PatGund wrote:
Oh, and Dean Haskins gets a reach-around.

Quote:
"Dean Haskins has produced an excellent video explaining how the Obama Administration and the Congress are lying to the American people.

That video is pure Donofrio. Surely a man of Col. Sellin's intelligence and education would have known that Obama Sr. wasn't a U.S. citizen. Why did it take him so long to embrace Donofrism? Did every constitutional litigator and every professor of Con Law in the country join the Vast Conspiracy To Conceal The Two Citizen Parent Rule? Didn't he remember Miss Smith drilling the Two Citizen Parent Rule into his head back in junior high civics class? Or were Thought Control Beams fogging his mind and those of the citizenry?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:44 pm 

I don't get this guy at all. I can't help feeling he's had some sort of breakdown. The stuff he's writing now is just so different to that he was producing before. I wonder if he's still in Finland, I wonder if he's still got job? I happen to know that he's applied for the presidency of a US institution but they seem to have decided to keep on looking. I'll refrain from naming the institution because it's not their fault he appplied.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 7:55 pm 

Quote:

You'd think that Haskins would at least learn to spell "propaganda" instead of emblazoning "propoganda" in bold letters in his video.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:24 am 

TollandRCR wrote:
Quote:

Lincoln a dirty little Kenyan muslim Marxist empty suit :?:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:41 am 

RTH10260 wrote:
Quote:
...A huge mistake was made in choosing a dirty little Kenyan muslim Marxist empty suit to be our president. The mistake was made before with Lincoln, FDR, Carter et al.

Lincoln a dirty little Kenyan muslim Marxist empty suit :?:

Well, you know, in a figurative sense.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:55 pm 

3 July, "Obama’s ineligibility: A vast conspiracy against America"

Quote:
"I have received hundreds of messages from readers stating that they have attempted to bring Obama’s ineligibility to the attention of members of Congress, only to be ignored or provided with misinformation."

Maybe something to with the total lack of credible evidence to back up their claims??

Quote:
"I believe Obama and his radical supporters will use all means legal or illegal to win in 2012."

"Wahhh! The scary black man might win again!!"

Quote:
"It is now the time for patriotic Americans to organize en masse and act to preserve the Constitution and restore the rule of law in government."

Oh? How so?

Quote:
"Stage 1. Organize local peaceful protests directed against members of Congress. Challenge them at town hall meetings. Seek candidates to replace them.

Stage 2. Identify methods for the possible future use of civil disobedience.

Stage 3. Prepare for a declaration of martial law and the potential illegal use of military forces against the population by Obama’s Executive Order Establishment of the Council of Governors, January 11, 2010."

I suspect Sellin can't get the good quality tinfoil in Helsinki.

5 July - "Obama’s ineligibility: The gauntlet has been thrown down; the battle forced upon us"

Quote:
Quote:
“If ever time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.” - Samuel Adams

That time has come.

Vain and aspiring men have installed an illegal President. They have tolerated violations of the law at the highest levels of government and they have concealed the truth from the American people.

Translation - "Wahhh! The scary black man is still there!!!"

Quote:
"Vain and aspiring men have made themselves tyrants. We can no longer remain silent. We can no longer not act.

The vain and aspiring men must be removed."

O RLY??? And how do you plan to do that??

Quote:
"The vain and aspiring men will not act for the good of the country, but we can force them to react through actions by local political militias and, if necessary, defend ourselves aggressively against organized violent attacks.

There are many very angry, but still silent Americans. We need to harness that anger and direct it toward restoring the Constitution and honest representative government."

Someone REALLY wants his civil war. The irony being is he's overseas where it's "safe".

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm 

I read his 'powerpoint rant' thinking I would be seeing some sign of the craziness. Nope. Not there. It's a well put together summary of the same thing that goes through any staff officer's head (like, "Seriously, did we just go through a two-hour rehearsal brief for the pre-brief to the real brief which will prepare our commander to brief her commander in the actually real brief, which her commander may or may not actually attend?"). Oh yeah, I get it.

So I have to agree with everyone who's wondering whether something crazy happened to him, or maybe whether or not he's not actually the creator of the Canada Free Press.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:47 pm 

Sellin must be in a manic phase or something.

6 July - "Obama’s ineligibility: A Congress of cowards"

Quote:
"While American military personnel are risking their lives in foreign wars, Congressional fat cats are at home betraying our country.

If members of Congress show up downrange for their combat zone photo opportunities, I think the soldiers should refuse to meet with them."

Ah yes, the birther delusion the military supports their jihad.

Quote:
"Our cowardly Congress, however, may soon be overtaken by events and be taken over by very angry citizens."

O RLY

Quote:
"The United States District Court for the District of Hawaii issued and served a subpoena on July 5, 2011 to the director of the Hawaii Health Department for the:

Quote:
“original 1961 typewritten birth certificate #10641 for Barack Obama, III [sic] issued 08.08.1961, signed by Dr. David Sinclair, Stanley Ann Dunham Obama and registrar Lee, stored in the Health Department of the State of HI from 08081961 until now.”

I suspect Sellin never heard of a "motion to quash" before. And I don't see a judge's signature on Dr. Orly's latest dingo dropping either.

Quote:
"These are just a few snowflakes on the tip of the iceberg. There is no doubt in my mind that many of our political leaders and government officials are co-conspirators in the greatest fraud ever perpetrated on the American people."

There is no doubt in my mind that you've suffered some breakdown or cognitive disconnect that requires psychological or neurological assistance.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next