Donald J. Trump 2024

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by raison de arizona »

Huh. He sounded a lot different when he had her as his Ambassador to the United Nations.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Trump says Nikki Haley is not smart enough to deal with Putin, Xi, and Kim Jong Un. He adds they are “very fine people”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Biden-Harris HQ @BidenHQ wrote: A deeply confused Trump confuses Nancy Pelosi and Nikki Haley multiple times: Nikki Haley was in charge on January 6. They don’t want to talk about that
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

What? Haley wasn't in the administration on January 6. Does he mean Pelosi? He's nuts.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Foggy »

He's right that nobody wants to talk about Nikki Haley being in charge on J6. :towel:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: Trump retires nickname “DeSanctimonious:”

“That name is officially RETIRED!”
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: “Wherever she may come from.” Trump doubles down on his racist attacks, actually says “I have fun with it”. Is he even human? (Video: Fox News)
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

Oh my, has the worm turned?
The Clear Cider 🦋 @TheClearCider wrote: Trump gets booed mercilessly at NH rally tonight.

This time, his very small crowd can't drown out the protestor's boos with their "USA" chants.
Resume18

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 12:30 am Oh my, has the worm turned?
The Clear Cider 🦋 @TheClearCider wrote: Trump gets booed mercilessly at NH rally tonight.

This time, his very small crowd can't drown out the protestor's boos with their "USA" chants.
Music to my ears.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
pipistrelle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by pipistrelle »

I can’t tell. Were they possibly booing the idea of our brave patriots being charged and sentenced for J6?
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

First, yay! Michael Steele has the Deadline WH anchor desk today. He and panel discussing all the SC lawmakers coming out for tfg, including Nancy Mace today. Reporter jumps in to remind us that he was covering her when tfg was backing another candidate and how nasty he was. Look at her now. All forgiven.
Kendra

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/ ... index.html
Donald Trump may have won decisively in New Hampshire Tuesday night, but instead of spending his evening celebrating like he did after the Iowa caucuses, the former president spent his night seething, sources said.

Hours after the polls closed, Trump continued to rail against Nikki Haley privately and publicly after she declined to drop out of the race.

Publicly, he criticized her speech and her outfit in a post online. Privately, Trump told his aides he was baffled that she was refusing to drop out and grant him the GOP nomination, urging his political aides to up their attacks on her.

The response was a far cry from Trump's giddy reaction to the Iowa caucuses, when he congratulated Ron DeSantis and Haley for "having a good time together." Instead, in New Hampshire Tuesday, Trump warned, "I don't get too angry, I get even."
:violin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

Scorched earth policy there.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by much ado »

My theory is that she is staying in the race in case Trump's mental decline becomes so severe it starts scaring voters away. Then it's all hers.

That's my theory.
Dave from down under

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Dave from down under »

Isn’t that why Ron “suspended” his campaign for nomination rather that withdrew?
noblepa

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by noblepa »

Dave from down under wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 2:33 pm Isn’t that why Ron “suspended” his campaign for nomination rather that withdrew?
No one ever "withdraws" from a campaign. They always suspend it.

I believe it has to do with how remaining campaign funds are handled, per FEC rules.
Uninformed

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Uninformed »

much ado wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:32 pm My theory is that she is staying in the race in case Trump's mental decline becomes so severe it starts scaring voters away. Then it's all hers.

That's my theory.
I expect it is implied in your comment that the reason tfg so wants Haley to concede is that the pressure he is under is getting to him and he is all too aware of the speculation as to his mental condition and does not want to have to “compete” if at all possible. I hope Haley stays in the race until the numbers make it absolutely impossible to win.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

much ado wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 1:32 pm My theory is that she is staying in the race in case Trump's mental decline becomes so severe it starts scaring voters away. Then it's all hers.

That's my theory.
Related/to supplement: At this point, the conventional wisdom is Haley can't win during the primaries (she'll likely lose every one she enters). But it is in her interest to still amass as many delegates as possible because:

1. If he drops out before the convention, she'll want to have the most going into the convention, even if she doesn't have a majority; or
2. If he drops out after the convention but before the election, she wants to have bona fides when she makes her case to the RNC, if it is called upon to anoint a post-convention replacement.

I think the possibility of him dropping out before November is low, but still high enough that some monied interests will continue to let this play out for a bit.
Image ImageImage
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by Slim Cognito »

Sounds like a plan to me. And if it continues to piss trump off, all the better.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by noblepa »

bob wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:14 pm

That's my theory.
Related/to supplement: At this point, the conventional wisdom is Haley can't win during the primaries (she'll likely lose every one she enters). But it is in her interest to still amass as many delegates as possible because:

1. If he drops out before the convention, she'll want to have the most going into the convention, even if she doesn't have a majority; or
2. If he drops out after the convention but before the election, she wants to have bona fides when she makes her case to the RNC, if it is called upon to anoint a post-convention replacement.

I think the possibility of him dropping out before November is low, but still high enough that some monied interests will continue to let this play out for a bit.
I agree with you about Haley's tactics of amassing as many delegates as she can.

However, I absolutely do not share any thought that Trump will EVER drop out of this race. If he is alive and conscious, he will stay in. Even if he is convicted of the various felonies he has been charged with, he will gamble on winning and pardoning himself.

If he is convicted and sentenced before November (unlikely), he will argue that a candidate for President can't be jailed, just as he has in the past argued that a candidate can't be prosecuted.

If he loses the election, we are in for even more and louder cries that the election was stolen. We will probably see even more violence. After all, his fanatical base will believe that this is the SECOND election that was stolen from him. I think that J6 will look like a romp in the park compared to what will happen after a Trump loss in November.

Even if he dies, his base will believe that he was _obviously_ assassinated by team Biden.

Any way you cut it, American Democracy is in for a bumpy ride in 2025.
neeneko

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by neeneko »

It is also possible she has eyes on 2028. The stronger her losing position is, the better case she has to donors for next time.
bob

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by bob »

neeneko wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:01 pm It is also possible she has eyes on 2028. The stronger her losing position is, the better case she has to donors for next time.
True, but she's presently projected to lose, badly, in her home state.
Image ImageImage
New Turtle

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by New Turtle »

I don't think he likes the idea of Nikki sitting on all that money plus 100% of the non-Trump donations now going to her as long as she is still in the race.
raison de arizona

Donald J. Trump 2024

I want her to stay in until the bitter end just because it is giving tfg fits. :mrgreen:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Donald J. Trump 2024

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:

Return to “US President”