Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by raison de arizona »

Backhanded Christmas wishes. Heck, it isn’t even backhanded. Fronthanded nonsense for the plebes.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

The closure stretches on.
Rocky Point businesses struggling as we enter week four of Lukeville Port of Entry closure

PUERTO PEÑASCO, MX (3TV/CBS 5) -We are going on week four of the Lukeville Port of Entry closure at the border, which is the main checkpoint on the road to Rocky Point.

It’s been almost a month and still no word when it could reopen. Business owners in that popular tourist destination say they don’t know how much longer they can hold on without tourists from Arizona. They describe it as a ghost town during a time that would normally be pretty popular for people to cross to see family or go shopping.

But business owners say they feel uneasy not knowing when Lukeville could reopen and when they could see business back to normal again. “My wife and I own a small rental company and we had 90% of our holiday rentals cancel on us,” Scott Poturalski, who owns a rental company in Rocky Point, said.
:snippity:
https://www.azfamily.com/2023/12/27/roc ... y-closure/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

They reopened Lukeville today, one month to the day since closing it. Apparently word on the street is that some cartels have moved in during the closure, and travel may not be safe. Keeping an eye on it.

Anyway.
'They're going after me': Kari Lake fears Rudy Giuliani's fate in defamation case

Failed Arizona candidate Kari Lake suggested she could meet the same fate as Rudy Giuliani after he was ordered to pay two election workers $148 million for defamation.

Lake is being sued by Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, who claimed he received death threats after Lake said he "sabotaged" her election.

"And you know, they just sued Rudy Giuliani, the judgment was like $148 million, something astronomically ridiculous for defamation, for calling out our elected officials," Lake said in an interview with Steve Bannon on Thursday. "This is what they're going after me for, calling out our elected officials."

Lake doubled down on her criticism of Richer despite the lawsuit.

"The person behind it is Stephen Richer, he is a guy who runs our elections, and obviously we had rigged elections here in Arizona," she opined, "and I pointed out everything he did wrong, and I stand by every word I said about Stephen Richer, and if they think I'm going to stop using my First Amendment rights, they're crazy."

"I'm not going to," she added. "I can prove everything I said was true."

Last month, a judge ruled that Richer's case could move forward because the First Amendment did not protect Lake's statements.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1mtgb5

She'd better hope she can, or she's going down the tubes. One would think.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:18 pm They reopened Lukeville today, one month to the day since closing it. Apparently word on the street is that some cartels have moved in during the closure, and travel may not be safe. Keeping an eye on it.

Anyway.
'They're going after me': Kari Lake fears Rudy Giuliani's fate in defamation case

Failed Arizona candidate Kari Lake suggested she could meet the same fate as Rudy Giuliani after he was ordered to pay two election workers $148 million for defamation.

Lake is being sued by Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer, who claimed he received death threats after Lake said he "sabotaged" her election.

"And you know, they just sued Rudy Giuliani, the judgment was like $148 million, something astronomically ridiculous for defamation, for calling out our elected officials," Lake said in an interview with Steve Bannon on Thursday. "This is what they're going after me for, calling out our elected officials."

Lake doubled down on her criticism of Richer despite the lawsuit.

"The person behind it is Stephen Richer, he is a guy who runs our elections, and obviously we had rigged elections here in Arizona," she opined, "and I pointed out everything he did wrong, and I stand by every word I said about Stephen Richer, and if they think I'm going to stop using my First Amendment rights, they're crazy."

"I'm not going to," she added. "I can prove everything I said was true."

Last month, a judge ruled that Richer's case could move forward because the First Amendment did not protect Lake's statements.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... r-AA1mtgb5

And she better present her proof during deposition, and not keep the claim up after getting convicted ... :violin:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:18 pm :snippity:
I'm not seeing a downside here.... :confuzzled:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

But that's not what Lake's own lawyers say!
AZMirror about 3 weeks ago:
Lake lawyers say her claims about Richer were ‘hyperbole’
Attorneys for Republican U.S. Senate candidate Kari Lake argued in court on Tuesday that a judge should dismiss Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer’s defamation lawsuit against her, saying that Lake’s claims were “rhetorical hyperbole” and not meant to be taken as facts.
[…]
When Lake said that Richer was somehow involved in the illegal injection of bogus ballots or that he “sabotaged” the election, those statements weren’t meant to be taken as facts, [Lake attorney] Wright said.
I wonder how that will fly? And whether doubling down is a good strategy for anything other than bankruptcy? A little later in the article:
Attorney for Richer, Cameron Kistler of the nonprofit group Protect Democracy, countered Wright’s argument.

For example, Lake told her followers during a Jan. 29 “Save Arizona Rally” that Richer and Maricopa County Supervisor Bill Gates intentionally printed incorrectly sized ballot images on Election Day 2022 as a form of “sabotage” because they knew that the majority of in-person voters that day would be Republicans supporting Lake, and that the incorrectly-sized ballots would cause the tabulators to reject those ballots.
It amuses me that the lunatic Trumpists think fellow Republicans sabotaged their elections to push Democratic candidates into office. Odd motivation!

Way outside my expertise but I can't see how continuing the defamation eases Lake's plight now or in the future.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

What Lake said is pretty specific - I wouldn't call charges of changing ballot size "rhetorical hyperbole."

"He's a crook!" "He's paid by Soros" are things I'd put in the "rhetorical hyperbole" category. He's a "public figure" so I guess some insults are fair. Sorry not sorry, Lake - you're losing.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Jack Sellers was voted in as the new head of the BOS of Maricopa.

Replied to Tom Ryan about Kari -- he and Paul Welsh (Arizona's Law) reposted it (we all gotten to be friends) :lol:

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
Remember how it was promised Kari Lake would be a "kinder, gentler candidate" and leave the #ElectionDenier nonsense behind to appeal to swing voters? Yeah, I didn't believe it either. Just a matter of time before she insults McCain voters & non-crazy Republicans.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona

So. Much. Winning.
Brahm Resnik @brahmresnik wrote: JUST IN @KariLake loses again.
5 days after her filing, Arizona Appeals Court rejects motion to immediately review lower court ruling allowing defamation lawsuit filed by Maricopa County Recorder Stephen Richer to proceed. On to discovery...
From documentcloud.org
The order: https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... -coa-order
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Stephen Richer wins again! :lovestruck:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Tom Ryan explains da rules in AZ...
Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw wrote: Dear 'Zona Litigation Disaster Tourists, you may be asking yourself "so what now in the Richer v. Lake et al defamation case?" Well let me tell you. This now means that Kari and her merry band of legal eagles must engage in a ROBUST initial disclosure. 1/
Tom Ryan @tomryanlaw wrote: Yo! @gregg_leslie we'll give you those extra pages, but it ain't gonna do you any good. Luv ya! Signed, the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division I twitter.com/arizonaslaw/st…
In 2018 the Arizona Rules of Civil Procedure were amended to require all parties to thoroughly investigate their case UPFRONT and provide ROBUST disclosure of ALL relevant evidence, even evidence that is unfavorable to you. See ARCP Rule 26.2, State Bar Comment. 2/

This means that the Lake Defendants must review and preserve all emails, text messages, social media postings, memos, etc., AND PRODUCE THEM TO RICHER's attorneys. But Tom, what if they pull a Rudy Giuliani and refuse to produce such evidence? 3/

The Court has the right under Rule 37 of the AZ Rules of Civil Procedure to compel the production, and if, like Rudy Colludy, Lake continues to defy the duty to produce, the Court can enter sanctions. 4/

Sanctions can range from monetary fines, to striking portions of Lake's answer, prohibiting Lake from asserting certain defenses at trial, precluding the use of Lake's evidence at trial, to adverse inference jury instructions, to out and out entering a default against Lake. 5/

In short, a failure to produce relevant evidence will be at great peril to the Lake Defendants' defense. And against the same lawyers that took Rudy G to a $148,000,000 defamation verdict that would be a really foolish path to take. But foolish paths have never stopped Kari! 6/

I leave you with this thought: what is it that @gregg_leslie is teaching the young law students at the ASU First Amendment Clinic? I think the answer is this: "Kids, don't ever do what I'm doing, you'll get your biscuits scorched in Court!" Maybe, a lesson well-learned. END
https://x.com/tomryanlaw/status/1745159 ... 90483?s=20
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Kari Lake's election integrity lawyer warns us about the Deep Steak. Pass me the A1 please.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The lefties are surely not having no T steaks :lol:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Deep steak.

The Leftist Deep steak is making claiiiiiiiiiiiims!! :shock:

:lol:

:rotflmao:

Frat house!
:groupdance:

No, I am not going to write any deep steak jokes on the forum. I'm above this sort of nonsense.

But it's hard. :boxing:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Is it just me or does that still sound kinda threaty?
Justice shall be had
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Nah. Not at all. That's his way of saying BEER BONG!!!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I bet, after getting trolled for his post, the guy is looking at it and thinking, "What!?!"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Jordan "Spunky" Conradson is now in DC as the Gateway House of Boys & Pundit's DC boy.

And for those who don't know about the "Gateway House of Boys", Jim Hoft added a new twink to the lineup, Victor Nieves.

Victor Nieves @ItsVictorNieves
Jesus is KING, Author, Content Creator, Podcast Host https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/t ... 1624954618
Social Media Influencer Missouri linktr.ee/Itsvictornieve Joined October 2021
435 Following 2,225 Followers

Victor.JPG
Victor.JPG (145.91 KiB) Viewed 7946 times

Victor 2.JPG
Victor 2.JPG (150.84 KiB) Viewed 7946 times

Seems like "Conservative Prudence" is about the only Prudence he'll ever hang out with. Meow haha.

Prudence Victor.JPG
Prudence Victor.JPG (118.27 KiB) Viewed 7946 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I didn't know Hoft was recruiting 13 yo boys now.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

They age out if his interest zone too fast when they are of Legal age.
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 7:43 pm The lefties are surely not having no T steaks :lol:
I had a porterhouse last night.
Luke

Post by Luke »

"I'm wearing the armor of God" -- New GOP AZ Chair. In this interview with Bannon, they admit the AZGOP is dead broke. Wild interview.

Barry Markson @BarryMarkson1 2h
The new AZGOP chair's first act is to go on Steve Bannon's show and beg for money to fund litigation about election denialism. Not raise money to help elect Republicans. Not raise money to get out the vote. Her entire job, as she describes it, is to litigate. So every dollar you give to the AZGOP will be used to perpetuate more election denier lies. The Az Republican Party is lost.

Jayne Zirkle @JayneZirkle 6h
AZ GOP Chair Shares Details About Two Major Legal Cases Going Forward Regarding Drop Boxes And Signature Verification

raison de arizona

The AZ Republican party went broke litigating election denialism. So now they've learned their lesson, and intend to raise more money for...litigating election denialism. Way to go.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

“ Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake. ”
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 6:37 pm The AZ Republican party went broke litigating election denialism. So now they've learned their lesson, and intend to raise more money for...litigating election denialism. Way to go.
see also: Michigan GOP

Return to “Governors & State Elections”