Hijack This Thread

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:05 pm
northland10 wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 1:50 pm :snippity:

I don't pay that much most of the time but I am pretty sure what I get is rather more expensive than Bud Light, or Coors, or whatever. Around here, you can get a twelve-pack of Bell's Two-Hearted Ale for around $18-$20, and it is way better than Bud Light (and many other beers).
Dirty dish water is better than Bud Light....
I never liked Bud. It was always battery acid on my palate. Even PBR was better than Bud. I like some craft IPAs as long as they don't go nuts with the hops. To each his own.
Estiveo
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Estiveo »

Ah, the hoppier the better for me.
Image Image Image Image
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Shizzle Popped »

I can tolerate a good German Hefeweizen but I don't really care for beer. I blame a high school girlfriend who gave me a can of Stag as my first beer. That stuff is the worst of the worst. The best way I can describe it is fermented extract of sweaty gym socks. Gawd awful stuff.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Hijack This Thread

Post by Maybenaut »

My dr told me I had to cut out alcohol. He said non-alcoholic beer - even the stuff that’s 0.5% - is Ok, though.

These days there are a lot of non-alcoholic beers on the market that are actually pretty good. I like the Corona, Heineken, and Stella Artois. Athletic makes a few, but they’re a little hoppy for my taste.

I try to stick to the true 0.0 (Heineken and Stella), but I’ll drink whatever’s available when I’m out.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Revealed: far-right figures try to create white nationalist ‘haven’ in Kentucky
Venture fund and real estate startup linked to far-right groups promote residential development as community for rightwingers

Jason Wilson
Sat 20 Jan 2024 13.00 CET

A venture fund and a real estate startup – both with links to far-right organizations – are promoting a residential development in rural Kentucky as a haven for fellow rightwingers.

The promoters have presented the planned development as an “aligned community” for rightwingers who want to “disappear from the cultural insanity of the broader country” and “spearhead the revival of the region”.

The move is the latest effort by the far-right to establish geographical enclaves, following in the footsteps of movements like the so-called “American Redoubt”, which encourages rightwingers to engage in “political migration” to areas in the interior of the Pacific north-west.

But the underlying finances of land offerings associated with the “Highland Rim Project” (HRP) in Kentucky suggest that buyers will pay a steep premium for living in a remote ideological enclave, while the scheme’s promoters are set to collect tidy profits after making few apparent improvements to the land.

The development was announced on X, formerly known as Twitter, and in a special edition of the New Founding by Joshua Abbotoy, who is managing director of venture fund New Founding and principal of real estate developer Kentucky Ridge Runner LLC according to company records.

Abbotoy offered few details on how the community would be run beyond saying: “Most of the leadership is going to be led by Protestant christians.”

He appeared to indicate the community would seek local political influence and use that as a blueprint for state-level power. “The aspiration is that long-term down the road, 20 years from today, we continue to do this. We’re regionally focused; we can expand from there to states,” he said.

The announcement was hailed on by others on the far right. But experts say that while the move reflects a longer trend of religious conservatives withdrawing from a broader society whose liberal values they reject, there may be more than meets the eye in the HRP.

“Utopian communities have long been a feature of the American landscape, but this may be more of a money-driven land speculation project with a culture war angle than an effort to create a utopian project in the classic sense”, said Katherine Stewart, author of The Power Worshippers, a key book on Christian nationalism.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... evelopment
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Maybenaut wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:07 pm My dr told me I had to cut out alcohol. He said non-alcoholic beer - even the stuff that’s 0.5% - is Ok, though.

These days there are a lot of non-alcoholic beers on the market that are actually pretty good. I like the Corona, Heineken, and Stella Artois. Athletic makes a few, but they’re a little hoppy for my taste.

I try to stick to the true 0.0 (Heineken and Stella), but I’ll drink whatever’s available when I’m out.
Switch to kambucha. It has a beer flavor and bubbles minus the alcohol. On hots days it will cut the slake in your throat as good as a beer does.
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 9:27 am
Venture fund and real estate startup linked to far-right groups promote residential development as community for rightwingers
Oh yeah. That's gonna work out real good until it doesn't. I can hear the HOA now when they try to kick a family out because they are deemed RINO's. The lawsuits will be so numerous, the local county court will build an annex near the entrance to the enclave.
pipistrelle

Hijack This Thread

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:34 am
Oh yeah. That's gonna work out real good until it doesn't. I can hear the HOA now when they try to kick a family out because they are deemed RINO's. The lawsuits will be so numerous, the local county court will build an annex near the entrance to the enclave.
My first question is whether they're going to have plumbing or old-school outhouses. You haven't lived until you've used one in the dark and enjoyed that unique scent.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

What could possibly go wrong?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by Volkonski »

bill_g wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:34 am
Texas has 8 counties with less than 1000 residents (one has less than 100 residents) so an influx of a few hundred outsiders might could seize control of those local governments. Kentucky's smallest county (Robertson) has about 2200 residents which would be somewhat harder to take over.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g

Hijack This Thread

Post by bill_g »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2024 1:21 pm
Texas has 8 counties with less than 1000 residents (one has less than 100 residents) so an influx of a few hundred outsiders might could seize control of those local governments. Kentucky's smallest county (Robertson) has about 2200 residents which would be somewhat harder to take over.
We had that exact situation in Oregon during the late 80's. The Rajneeshees bought Antelope OR, built a huge ashram, and brought in thousands of followers. When the locals grew worried, the Rajneeshees got involved in county politics and tried to take over that government. They went so far as to try to murder people. The Feds drove them out with deportation orders, and that was that. But for a few years they were scary people.
MN-Skeptic

Hijack This Thread

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just something I find amusing...

I subscribe to YouTubeTV. On my television, I access it via a Roku stick. On my iPhone, I access it through their app.

Since early November I've been walking 10K steps each day, almost all done inside, walking around the main level of my house. To make it less boring, I'll carry my iPhone and listen to YouTubeTV which I also have running on my television. They're not exactly synced up, so I'll just mute the TV as I'm walking. But the funny thing I've noticed is that only some of the commercials are the same between what's playing on my iPhone and what's playing on the TV.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Officials cracking down on copper thieves as streets go dark across Los Angeles

KTLA 5
23 Jan 2024

Cemeteries, streetlights and bridges across Los Angeles have been targeted by copper thieves in recent weeks, and now officials are vowing to crack down on the rise in thefts. Copper thefts are plaguing cities nationwide, but the situation is “out of control in L.A.” according to Councilmember Kevin de León.
KTLA 5's Jacqueline Sarkissian reports. (Jan. 23, 2024)

Sam the Centipede

Hijack This Thread

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Prompted by speculative nonsense in the Sporky thread, but a little too off-topic for there:

Now is the time to raise money for a new venture that will be Teh Fogbwo's legacy to the world, edumacating and entertaining the world on what has delighted and disgusted us: The Fogbonian Institution!

The site will be the home for two venues: the informative (ahem!) Fogbonian Museum and the entertaining Fogneyworld.

The Fogbonian Museum will have animatronic dioramas showing scenes from birther, sovcit and general nutter history: Orly Taitz testifying in court, He, Lucas Smith, forging birth certificates, birthers visiting Hawai'i to see Obama's birth certificate at government offices, Mario Apuzzo screeching "I win! I win! I win!", the hectic newsroom at the Post & Email as reporters scurry around hunting for fresh stories, checking facts against their extensive archive: what's that figure in the dark behind the editor's desk? – oh, it's bob poking her with a sharp stick!

And more! Sovcits stopped while "traveling"! Cinnamon the turkey (insert a dollar and it will squawk racist abuse!) Rudy Guiliani in a crematorium car park! (Is that hair dye or black bile?)

Ask the ladies in crinolines for more information – stop mumbling and stand up straight!

The Birther Library is open daily … no,, not that one, it's the red waste paper bin.

All a bit dry? Go over to Fogneyworld theme park for real fun! Enjoyed Pirates Of The Caribbean? Then sail on the boats of our Militia Armada! It's also imaginary! Dress up as Kraptain Karl, including the red nose and clown hat! Don't worry about getting seasick – the boats never move!

Surround a state Capitol! Shoot guns into the air! (Why? We don't know either.)

Take off your pants and sit in a hot log cabin with a swamp cooler!

Drive around the curvy circuit in our Taitzy Teslas Klown Kars – can you can get to the courthouse before the brakes fail and your eyelashes fall off?

Save America by rushing around the park threatening random people with Sporky and the Sporkettes!

Enjoy the suspense of the Tranny Hunter ride – will you reach the courthouse or will you be arrested by the mysterious florists? Pink dildos provided!

Come to our Kenya Korner: remove your shoes and fake your own birth certificate. Don't forget to write the date in the wrong order!

Relax by visiting our lovely nature reserve … and occupying it! Don't use the washrooms, they're blocked. Leave through the blockade, one of your party might not survive.

A little too childish? You fancy something more misinformative? Join our twice daily presentation of :david:-wynn-#&-miller:'s lecture on Quantum Phrase Structure Grammar! Please do not attend if you are on any medication. Listen to Mario Apuzzo explain theories of citizenship – how many types can you identify before you fall asleep? Mike Zullo explains layering of PDF documents, a lecture with absolutely no true facts! Guaranteed!

Before you go, refresh yourselves with a hamberder or a crusty guilianita pizza at the Covfefe Shop. Kids can draw on the table mats to show where they'd like the next hurricane to go or make up election results – they can threaten the waiters!

Contributions in Bitcoin welcome. Sorry, Trump trading cards not accepted.
Dave from down under

Hijack This Thread

Post by Dave from down under »

:thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

It's GENIUS! PURE GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

Urgent call for action!!!

Prevent doctors from removing the Fogbone from the Rooster :!:

:biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by AndyinPA »

Not quite sure where to put this, so I'm just putting it here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inspe ... bb67&ei=12
The White House pharmacy, which falls under the White House Military Office, was found to have operated without the oversight of a licensed pharmacist or any external accreditation. As a result, the OIG’s investigation, which encompassed interviews with 70 military office officials and focused on records from 2017 to 2019, has highlighted critical deficiencies. Issues included inaccurate manual prescription records, improper medication disposal practices, and unverified distribution of prescriptions.

“If this had been a traditional pharmacy, they certainly would have been cited by their state board of pharmacy,” said Douglas Hoey, CEO of the National Community Pharmacists Association, “and there’s probably even an outside chance that they’d be shut down by their state board of pharmacy, if this was a pharmacy operating outside of the cocoon of the White House,” he said.

Particularly alarming was the OIG’s discovery that staff allowed White House personnel to pick up over-the-counter medications from open bins, contravening Navy medical regulations. This lax approach extended to controlled substances like Ambien and Provigil, where the report noted that high-cost brand-name drugs were dispensed instead of cheaper generics, in violation of military policies. This practice led to an estimated $144,520 overspend on just two drugs over three years, compared to the cost of their generic equivalents.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: :think: now who was in charge of the WH at the time :?: Who was that doctor who gave away medication like candy :?:
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Hijack This Thread

Post by jez »

Provigil (modafinil) is a prescription medication. It's most often used to treat excessive sleepiness caused by narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea, and shift work. Provigil belongs to a class of medications called stimulants.
Ambien is a sedative, also called a hypnotic. Ambien (zolpidem) affects chemicals in the brain that may be unbalanced in people with sleep problems (insomnia). Ambien is used to treat insomnia. The immediate-release tablet is used to help you fall asleep when you first go to bed.

So, one to make you sleep, and one to wake you up. hmmmm...
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Hijack This Thread

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Uppers and downers in the WH.... :confuzzled:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260

Hijack This Thread

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Hijack This Thread

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 11:17 am Not quite sure where to put this, so I'm just putting it here.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/inspe ... bb67&ei=12
The White House pharmacy, which falls under the White House Military Office, was found to have operated without the oversight of a licensed pharmacist or any external accreditation. As a result, the OIG’s investigation, which encompassed interviews with 70 military office officials and focused on records from 2017 to 2019, has highlighted critical deficiencies. Issues included inaccurate manual prescription records, improper medication disposal practices, and unverified distribution of prescriptions.

“If this had been a traditional pharmacy, they certainly would have been cited by their state board of pharmacy,” said Douglas Hoey, CEO of the National Community Pharmacists Association, “and there’s probably even an outside chance that they’d be shut down by their state board of pharmacy, if this was a pharmacy operating outside of the cocoon of the White House,” he said.

Particularly alarming was the OIG’s discovery that staff allowed White House personnel to pick up over-the-counter medications from open bins, contravening Navy medical regulations. This lax approach extended to controlled substances like Ambien and Provigil, where the report noted that high-cost brand-name drugs were dispensed instead of cheaper generics, in violation of military policies. This practice led to an estimated $144,520 overspend on just two drugs over three years, compared to the cost of their generic equivalents.
Here's the actual report: https://media.defense.gov/2024/Jan/09/2 ... SECURE.PDF

They're calling Ronny Jackson "Admiral Adderall" on the bird site :lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Hijack This Thread

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Tomorrow my mother would have been 100 years old, she died in 1995. She never cared much for me, probably because I was “Daddy’s little girl who could do no wrong”. I grew up with her slapping my face, pulling my hair and calling me good for nothing. Not to mention her standing over me with a belt forcing me to eat everything on my plate because of “starving children in China”. I was always more of a grazer than an eater, still am. She never did any of that in front of my dad, but he was military and gone a lot of the time, including an entire year in Vietnam.

Anyway, happy birthday mama wherever you are.

Return to “General Stuff”