Election 2024: Democrats Are Going To Win Again

New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

I saw a headline in the paper, there was 10% turnout in NM.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:35 pm
Rolodex wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:04 pm :snippity:
I do a lot of advocacy work for the LGBTQ community
In Alabama...you are a pilgrim in an unholy land....
The need is great and the work is super easy because it's so rewarding. I'm a person of great privilege and want to use that for people who aren't. My superpower is that I look like every other redneck around here and so when I'm on tv or whatever talking about the last stupid law AL passed, I don't look like a scary gay person. Just an average ally motivated by inclusion and fairness.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
realist

Post by realist »

New Turtle wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 5:28 pm I saw a headline in the paper, there was 10% turnout in NM.
It certainly was pitiful here in Albuquerque.
Only about 1 in 5 eligible voters turned out Tuesday to cast votes in an election that decided four Albuquerque City Council seats and three Albuquerque Public School Board races, Bernalillo County Clerk Linda Stover said.

The total of 81,392 ballots were cast, or about 19% of Albuquerque’s approximately 430,000 eligible voters, Stover said after polls closed on Tuesday.

“It’s very low,” she said. “It’s sad. We didn’t even hit 20%.”

In all, 36,562 cast ballots in person at the polls on Tuesday, Stover said. At least 44,800 early and absentee ballots were cast.
https://www.abqjournal.com/election/ele ... 98b03.html
Image X 4
Image X 32
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 3:06 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:35 pm
Rolodex wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 3:04 pm :snippity:
I do a lot of advocacy work for the LGBTQ community
In Alabama...you are a pilgrim in an unholy land....
The need is great and the work is super easy because it's so rewarding. I'm a person of great privilege and want to use that for people who aren't. My superpower is that I look like every other redneck around here and so when I'm on tv or whatever talking about the last stupid law AL passed, I don't look like a scary gay person. Just an average ally motivated by inclusion and fairness.
:clap:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
much ado

Post by much ado »

An upbeat opinion...

Biden’s 2024 chances are much stronger than people realize

Does anyone see problems with this analysis?
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Simon Rosenberg was right on the money in prognosticating 2022.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah. That's what I think, too also.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

I'm more confident than ever that Democrats are going to win again. The GOP House is toast, even Andy Biggs and Chip Roy are trashing the GOP:
Rep. Andy Biggs (R-AZ): “In my opinion, we have nothing to go out there & campaign on, Chris. It’s embarrassing." "The Republican party & Congress of the Majority has 0 accomplishments,” Salcedo agreed. Biggs slammed his own party on Thursday to Newsmax host Chris Salcedo, bemoaning its lack of accomplishments in 2023.
Meanwhile, while the MAGA House gets nothing done & proves over and over its incapable of governing (can anybody dispute that?), voters will be hearing about President Biden & Democrats' accomplishments for the American people:

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious
🚨 #VOTE: President Biden & Democrats ended 2023 with a BANG! 🎆 GOP & MAGA House? 0⃣ ZERO. Under Democrats: 🇺🇸 US economy +216K jobs in Dec, unemployment 3.7% & $3/gal gas. Inflation easing, labor market cooling & average hourly earnings rose 0.4%, 4.1% YoY. Interest rates will fall & NO RECESSION. America is #1 worldwide in crude oil production and poised to become the largest exporter of oil. #VOTE for the future! 🥂

GOP & MAGA House accomplishments? NONE. Even GOP Rep. Chip Roy begs for ONE THING. Only angertainment, failure, talking down America & the economy & trying to sabotage the Administration & progress for craven election reasons.

Cites:
Labor: https://axios.com/2024/01/05/us-jobs-re ... ember-2023
Gas Prices: https://axios.com/2024/01/05/gasoline-prices-3-dollars
Oil Exports: https://oilprice.com/Energy/Crude-Oil/O ... oduct.html
US #1 in Oil Production: https://forbes.com/sites/gauravsharma/2 ... 1e3f902706

3 Dollar Gas.JPG
3 Dollar Gas.JPG (70.97 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

Payrolls.JPG
Payrolls.JPG (75.11 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

1 Oil Production.JPG
1 Oil Production.JPG (175.68 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

Oil Export.JPG
Oil Export.JPG (168.76 KiB) Viewed 3018 times

Kicked back a lot in 2023 due to personal issues and that MAGA & the GOP were in a death spiral with each other and didn't need help. But now that it's 2024, be prepared for me to start begging y'all for help getting the word out, registering voters, confirming your own voter status because GOP states have fuc*ed with it, and preparing for our SIXTH CONSECUTIVE DEMOCRATIC WIN. How many do we have to win before the bedwetting stops? (Not here, I mean in general) :lol:

1. 2018 House. 2. Disgraced loser, GOP failed to take Senate. 3. and 4. Two failed runoff elections in GA, cementing Democratic Senate control. 5. The GOP "Red Tsunami" that turned into esteemed members of the 699th peeing on their legs in a trickle.

Also notable:
Stuart Stevens @stuartpstevens Dec 13, 2023
Overlooked in the top-line coverage of the latest Des Moines Register poll is an astounding number: the Iowa Republican party is now 65% male.

Good luck with that in November 2024.

Democrats are going to win again.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
much ado

Post by much ado »

An analysis of Iowa results by Brian Tyler Cohen that is surprisingly pro-Democratic. Basically, a significant number of Republicans don't want Trump to be president ever again, enough to make Biden win. I've seen similar, but different, analyses elsewhere.

BREAKING: Trump gets nightmare news out of Iowa caucus

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Florida state house - unexpected flip to D

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... ction/amp/

ImageImageImage x4
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

From that happy story -- What's especially kino (we used to spell it keen but the kids use kino) is that this is the I-4 corridor, this is the area around Disney World and Orlando that often is the tipping point between the blue south and the red north of Florida.
Democrat Tom Keen, an aerospace executive, beat Republican Erika Booth, an Osceola County school board member, to fill Florida’s state House 35th District, which includes portions of Orange and Osceola counties, 51 percent to roughly 49 percent.

The seat was held by former Rep. Fred Hawkins (R), but he vacated it last summer to become president of South Florida State College. Decision Desk HQ noted the district’s political crosswinds; In 2022, Hawkins clinched the seat by nearly 11 points, but President Biden won it by 5 points in 2020.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great American News to finish the week! USA! USA!

1:
🇺🇸 America's economic mood is improving fast!
Americans are feeling much better about the economy, thanks to lower gas prices & higher stock prices. 📈 Consumer sentiment has soared more than 28% since November, the fastest rise since 1991. #USEconomy #ConsumerPower 🙌 https://axios.com/2024/01/19/us-consume ... ndex-umich

Consumer.JPG
Consumer.JPG (91.65 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

2:
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 33m
USA! USA! 🇺🇸 Jan 19, 2024: S&P 500 closed at a new all-time high! "Why it matters: Reaching a new high-water mark confirms that we are indeed in a full-on, horns-out, snorting bull market." Trump & the GOP talking down America are being left in the dust. https://axios.com/2024/01/19/us-stocks- ... ket-record

SP High.JPG
SP High.JPG (67.22 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

3:
💰 $465 MILLION: Future Forward, the leading pro-Biden group, raised a whopping $208M in 2023. Meanwhile, the GOP wasted money on frauds, #ElectionDeniers & liars (see: Trump's $250M "election defense" scam). 🇺🇸 Democrats are ready to crush 2024 with a huge war chest. #VOTE 💪

Also last week, American Bridge announced it plans to spend $140 million on paid ads during the 2024 cycle. Priorities USA said last spring that it will be dropping $75 million on digital ads to back the president. https://politico.com/news/2024/01/19/pr ... r-00136510

Biden 208.JPG
Biden 208.JPG (280.72 KiB) Viewed 2485 times

BONUS: DeSantis tells the Truth about Trump and how if it's a referendum, Democrats have the advantage. His War Room posted the clip!

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1h
Ron DeSantis tells the truth, but MAGA doesn’t care. Some GOP have been futilely ringing the bell but most are running to #DOOM. Ron confessed: "Polls are starting to shift to Biden over Trump... If this is a referendum on Trump, the Democrats have an advantage." 🇺🇸

DeSantis War Room 🐊 @DeSantisWarRoom 1h
DeSantis: “The Democrats are licking their chops. The Democrats want to see Trump as the nominee.”

Last year, “there were so many polls saying Trump would beat Biden…now you’re starting to see that shift.”

ETA: My first tweet that Bill Mitchell retweeted :lol:

Damn right, we're licking our chops! : :shark2:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think we can beat trump but not so sure about anyone else. I'd rather have trials hanging over his head in the fall than risk him having been acquitted.

ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

DeSantis put out this video, Bill Mitchell posted it and I reposted it. It's 2 minutes of people saying bring it on Donald. Agree Slim, he's the best nominee the Democrats could run against. There are stories about "denial and disbelief" that this matchup is happening again. When Americans start paying attention and seeing Donald's name, we'll be hearing WAIT, WUT! NOT AGAIN! screamed throughout the land.

Luke

Post by Luke »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 55s
#GOPDoom: Rep. Patrick McHenry (R-NC), briefly interim speaker, delivered a blunt warning Thu night: “We’re sucking wind” under Mike Johnson. MAGA House already knows they're going to lose #Election2024. "You can smell it in the air.” https://politico.com/news/2024/01/21/ho ... e-00136677

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

IMG_7285.jpeg
IMG_7285.jpeg (88.09 KiB) Viewed 2117 times
Ds spend money on GOTV and vote file maintenance. Rs spend money on consultants, flower arrangements, and limousines.

I wonder which will be the winning strategy?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Office supplies for the Rs?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:35 pm Office supplies for the Rs?
RNC Made Multiple Purchases From Target During Boycott, Finances Reveal

Thousands of dollars in purchases were made by the Republican Party at Target despite calls from some major GOP figures to boycott it.

A total of 10 payments by the Republican National Committee (RNC) were made at the major retailer, each listed under "office supplies," since June. In all, $1,529.93 was paid to the company by the party between June—wider calls for a boycott began to emerge in May—and October 18, according to disbursement records filed with the Federal Election Commission.
:snippity:
https://www.newsweek.com/boycott-target ... es-1854937
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

How the heck are the R's spending that much on "Floral Arrangements?" I know it's far from the biggest thing on the list, but it's the one that made my eyebrows shoot up. Yer what?
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Someone is getting kickbacks
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:20 am How the heck are the R's spending that much on "Floral Arrangements?"
"Arranging" opium flowers ain't cheap.

("It would be foolish not to speculate.")
Image ImageImage
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:20 am How the heck are the R's spending that much on "Floral Arrangements?" I know it's far from the biggest thing on the list, but it's the one that made my eyebrows shoot up. Yer what?
The mistresses need some care while the politician is on the Appalachian campaign trail ...
much ado

Post by much ado »

I'm going to put this here rather than in one of the Trump threads.

Brian Tyler Cohen analyzes Trump's win in South Carolina and explains how it shows Trump to be a loser.

BREAKING: Trump hit with NIGHTMARE news in South Carolina

SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

https://apnews.com/article/ohio-senate- ... 7GFfd65fTQ

Ohio Senate Race: Leading candidate is wealthy businessman and used car dealer Bernie Moreno, endorsed by Trump. It seems that Bernie has been frisky with a dating site for adult Men-on-Men. R primary voters won't like, even though most of them are also closeted homophobes.

Return to “U.S. Senate”