Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by SuzieC »

Over 100 million.
Estiveo
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Estiveo »

He's not gonna be able to afford a refrigerator box for the bridge he'll be living under.
Image Image Image Image
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Volkonski
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

It will be reduced when he appeals. Big awards always seem to be.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

:bunny:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

chancery wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 3:05 pm I should have cautioned that just because a judgment against Giuliani isn't discharged doesn't mean that plaintiffs will collect 100 cents on the dollar, or anything close to it. Giuliani has lots of creditors, some of whom (like lawyers) may have liens.

I think that they would be doing pretty well to collect something in the mid-seven figures.

(I'm also not a big fan of most giant tort judgments, but that's a discussion for another day.)
My Civil Procedure professor in law school likened monetary judgments to hunting licenses. You need one to collect any money, but there’s no guarantee you’ll actually get anything. There may be lots of other hunters in the woods who got there before you.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
SuzieC
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by SuzieC »

Punitives not dischargeable in bankruptcy.
jemcanada2

Rudy Giuliani

Post by jemcanada2 »

:bar: :fiesta: :bunny:
Fiascoist

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Fiascoist »

:bwahaha: :cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1: and, to top it off :blissy: :
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Frater I*I »

Sucks to be Giuliani today :bwahaha: :bwahaha:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
NewMexGirl

Rudy Giuliani

Post by NewMexGirl »

Oh, Rudi, you are so fucked.

Let me just add one more: FUCK YOU, RUDI
SuzieC
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by SuzieC »

I think Rudy will have to post an appeal bond to pursue an appeal. Yes/No? Trump had to in E. Jean Carroll's case.
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

I saw the post verdict statements the two ladies made. Classy, and Lady Ruby in particular, I'm still weepy. She was the best.
chancery
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by chancery »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:03 pm I think Rudy will have to post an appeal bond to pursue an appeal. Yes/No? Trump had to in E. Jean Carroll's case.
Giuliani probably couldn't afford the premium for a $148 Million appeal bond. In fact, considering his financial situation, the premium might be pretty close to the face amount.

I don't think you _need_ to post an appeal bond in federal court.* However, if you don't bond the appeal, judgment enforcement proceedings can go forward. :boxing:

_______
* Fed. R. App. P. 7 provides discretion to order a bond for taxable costs, usually a modest amount.
noblepa

Rudy Giuliani

Post by noblepa »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 4:54 pm
He went to law school and was a practicing lawyer. He knows that the place to present his "evidence", such as it is, would be during the trial phase, when the determination is made whether or not he is liable for libel. He blew the trail phase off, by not participating in discovery in good faith.

What we just witnessed was the penalty phase. In this phase, there was no question whether or not he committed libel against the plaintiffs. The only question was how much money it was going to cost him.

The judge was absolutely correct not to allow him to present evidence that the election was stolen.

It occurs to me that, even if he could prove that the election had been stolen, his burden would be to prove that the plaintiffs were personally involved in switching votes or some other nefarious activities. He wasn't sued because he said that the election was stolen (at least not in this case). He was sued because he specifically named the two defendants as having engaged in criminal election fraud.

Whether or not the election was stolen is irrelevant to this case. In order to assert a defense of the "truth" he would have to prove that the two plaintiffs were active participants in the plot.
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

chancery wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:15 pm
SuzieC wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 5:03 pm I think Rudy will have to post an appeal bond to pursue an appeal. Yes/No? Trump had to in E. Jean Carroll's case.
Giuliani probably couldn't afford the premium for a $148 Million appeal bond. In fact, considering his financial situation, the premium might be pretty close to the face amount.

However, I don't think you _need_ to post an appeal bond in federal court.* However, if you don't bond the appeal, judgment enforcement proceedings can go forward. :boxing:

_______
* Fed. R. App. P. 7 provides discretion to order a bond for taxable costs, usually a modest amount.
Maybe he can sell bottles of his hair dye to raise funds. Or NTF photos of presser at Four Seasons (Lawn Care).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

:crazy:
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Reporter: Do you still believe what you said about these two women was truthful?

Giuliani: I have no doubt that my comments were made and they were supportable and they are supportable today
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

Kaitlan Collins @kaitlancollins wrote: Ruby Freeman: "Money will never solve all of my problems. I can never move back into the house that I called home. I will always have to be careful about where I go, and who I choose to share my name with. I miss my home. I miss my neighbors. And I miss my name."

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”