Rudy Giuliani

These people suck. They are bad people.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Sibley's Closing. Note the "staring at the ceiling comment." If I were on the jury I would double the figure I had in my head after he said that. Not cruel, just indicative of the stupidest character attack imaginable. Enough!
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.17.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 12.17.10 PM.png (135.77 KiB) Viewed 15286 times
Rolodex

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Rolodex »

Brandi is pretty much quoting the plaintiff's closing. It's devastating and heart-wrenching; well worth the read.

I'm not surprised Rudy chickened out. These guys are all alike - talk a big game in the street and then run for cover when it comes to talking in court. No doubt whatever he said would either be perjury or be further evidence in the GA trial.

Plaintiff's expert said that Rudy's social media had 187 million "impressions." I think $1/impression would be fair.

Plaintiff's attorney has had the easiest job in the world in this case. Already found liable for defamation and he is pointing out all the things Rudy's attorney hasn't done or said - bc there's really just no defense that doesn't involve lies. I hope the jury smashes the multi-million hammer down on him...like, this afternoon.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Dr. Ken

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Well that's not quite what he said, going by Brandi's transcription.

He said that the reason they were not putting on a defense and
the reason he had not crossed Shaye and Lady Ruby was because they
had been through enough.

Sort of a cheap shot, there, Scott.
NewMexGirl

Rudy Giuliani

Post by NewMexGirl »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 12:23 pm Brandi is pretty much quoting the plaintiff's closing. It's devastating and heart-wrenching; well worth the read.
:snippity:

Plaintiff's attorney has had the easiest job in the world in this case. Already found liable for defamation and he is pointing out all the things Rudy's attorney hasn't done or said - bc there's really just no defense that doesn't involve lies. I hope the jury smashes the multi-million hammer down on him...like, this afternoon.
:thumbsup:
I’m good with that.
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

Judge is giving jury instructions.

I'll eat my hat if they don't get it done by close of day. :waiting:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Rudy Giuliani

Post by raison de arizona »

The hat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

:panic: :panic: :panic:
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

:waiting:
noblepa

Rudy Giuliani

Post by noblepa »

If Roodles had decided to testify, would he have been allowed to attempt to re-litigate the veracity (or lack of) of his statements about the plaintiffs?

This is the penalty phase. It has already been found that he did, in fact, lie about them. IANAL, but it seems to me that all he would be allowed to testify about is the amount that he would be required to pay them. If he veered off that topic, trying to claim that the plaintiffs had actually changed votes, wouldn't the judge have stopped him?
Kendra

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Kendra »

https://abcnews.go.com/US/live-updates/ ... =105479446
As the jury deliberates how much Rudy Giuliani will have to pay for defaming former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, a former Georgia prosecutor says that Giuliani and his attorney may be trying to play the long game.

"Any time you concede liability in a trial to focus on damages, it's a difficult situation," said former Georgia prosecutor Chris Timmons, an ABC News contributor. "What they appear to be doing is suggesting the damages aren't that serious -- or at least aren't seven figures."

But Timmons suggested that a broader strategy might be at play -- one that protects Giuliani from legal exposure in other criminal matters and leaves open the door for appealing the result of this trial.

"Strategically, keeping Mr. Giuliani off the stand was a smart move when you look at this case in the context of his overall legal exposure," Timmons said. "If Mr. Giuliani had testified, his testimony would be admissible in all of his other cases," including his criminal racketeering case in Fulton County, Georgia.

In his defamation case, Timmons said, "what they're really counting on is a reversal by the court of appeals holding that Mr. Giuliani's statements are 'opinions,' which aren't actionable under defamation law."
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

Sibley wrote: When you see my client's state of mind, you're going to say, you should have been better but weren't as bad as plaintiffs make
you out to be.
The defense had the opportunity to present evidence of Giuliani’s state of mind, but they passed. So the only evidence before the jury of Giuliani’s state of mind is that of actual malice.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

Jury submits question to judge

Daniel Barnes

Lawyers from both sides have returned to the courtroom to hear a question submitted by the jury.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politi ... rcna129626
SuzieC
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by SuzieC »

"Is there any limit to the amount we can award?"
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

SuzieC wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 4:16 pm "Is there any limit to the amount we can award?"
:lol:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
John Thomas8

Rudy Giuliani

Post by John Thomas8 »

So, how many years are the appeals going to take? Before or after the ladies pass away?
much ado

Rudy Giuliani

Post by much ado »

The jury has asked for documents concerning damages

Daniel Barnes and Diana Paulsen

The jury submitted a note to the judge asking if they could be provided with a copy of the slideshow and reports presented by the plaintiff's expert witness, Ashlee Humphreys.

The documents in question detail her assessment of what she believes the plaintiffs should be awarded in damages. The request was denied, as the documents had not been entered into evidence.

Humphreys, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University, also served as an expert witness in E. Jean Carroll's defamation suit against former President Donald Trump.
Volkonski
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Volkonski »

The jury submitted a note to the judge asking if they could be provided with a copy of the slideshow and reports presented by the plaintiff's expert witness, Ashlee Humphreys.

The documents in question detail her assessment of what she believes the plaintiffs should be awarded in damages. The request was denied, as the documents had not been entered into evidence.

Humphreys, a professor of sociology at Northwestern University, also served as an expert witness in E. Jean Carroll's defamation suit against former President Donald Trump.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Dave from down under »

Decades
AndyinPA
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by AndyinPA »

I doubt they will ever see a penny, but I hope there is some degree of satisfaction in the win.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Rudy Giuliani

Post by Maybenaut »

Assuming there’s a judgment, Giuliani will either have to pay it or post an appeal bond. Either way, he’s ruined financially, assuming a large judgment.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

The jury has ended its deliberations for the day and left the courthouse.

Deliberations are scheduled to resume tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET.
nbc live link as above
p0rtia

Rudy Giuliani

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 5:25 pm
The jury has ended its deliberations for the day and left the courthouse.

Deliberations are scheduled to resume tomorrow at 9 a.m. ET.
nbc live link as above
Ok, ok... I was wrong.

But... I said I'd eat MY hat!
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 5.21.10 PM.png
Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 5.21.10 PM.png (174.93 KiB) Viewed 14959 times
raison de arizona

Rudy Giuliani

:lol:
SuzieC
Verified:

Rudy Giuliani

Post by SuzieC »

Delicious looking hat.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”