Traitor Tommy Tuberville (R-AL), white nationalist asshat

These people suck. They are bad people.
tek

Post by tek »

Serve & Volley wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:01 pm That's a scary look on Kim's face. How much does she spend on lipstick each day ?
She has to stop at the gas station with the free air pump on her way in...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:28 pm
Serve & Volley wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:01 pm That's a scary look on Kim's face. How much does she spend on lipstick each day ?
It's horrifying to think that she has spent lots of money to look like that. And she probably thinks she looks better than most women out there. That's just warped.
:yeahthat:

It’s like she is near sighted and puts on more makeup just to be able to see her art. She looks like a cartoon character.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Tuberville says that he is blocking promotions because women in the military may try to get abortions after birth under the current policy.
Bullshit.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Exactly how does one go about getting an abortion after birth? "Hello, I'd like to make an appointment to abort my 3-day old child. He was born last weekend. Yes, I'll hold."
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Resume18 wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:32 am
Tuberville says that he is blocking promotions because women in the military may try to get abortions after birth under the current policy.
Bullshit.
Beaucoup de bullshit.

But also, Tommy Tinkerville seems to have changed his story. No mention of the after birth abortions before. So he's okay with the military paying for the travel is it's just, y'know, your normal real-world abortion?
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:28 pm
Rolodex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 6:53 pm
Edit: How do I post a tweet without all the code stuff coming with it? TIA for help!
The bottom right corner of the tweet has an up arrow. Click on that and select Copy Link. The copied link will look something like this:

https:// x .com/RonFilipkowski/status/1725271716560097467?s=20

(I've added spaces so it won't execute.)

You can delete the ending *** ?s=20 ***. It's unnecessary. Then change the x to twitter. x.com doesn't really exist. Web browsers know to convert that to twitter.com. Within this posting software, we have to make that change manually.
thank you! I was using the "embed tweet" option from twitter/x. I tried using the normal "copy link" and the vid didn't show up in the preview, so I didn't hit submit. Plus I wouldn't have known to manually change x to twitter. I
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:53 am But also, Tommy Tinkerville seems to have changed his story. No mention of the after birth abortions before. So he's okay with the military paying for the travel is it's just, y'know, your normal real-world abortion?
Assuming he ever said it in the first place. Right wingers are not the only liars out there.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Suranis wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:40 am
p0rtia wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:53 am But also, Tommy Tinkerville seems to have changed his story. No mention of the after birth abortions before. So he's okay with the military paying for the travel is it's just, y'know, your normal real-world abortion?
Assuming he ever said it in the first place. Right wingers are not the only liars out there.
Fortunately there is a video of Tuberville saying exactly that -

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

He said it, but more in the vein of the "abortion policy" not having any restrictions: "They couldn't even tell us whether it was abortion after birth!" (discussing a hearing in which he supposedly asked how late an abortion could take place)
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

He's such a piece of garbage.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I think garbage would be offended by that remark. ;)

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:50 am Exactly how does one go about getting an abortion after birth? "Hello, I'd like to make an appointment to abort my 3-day old child. He was born last weekend. Yes, I'll hold."
We had a couple teenage boys I might have consider that as an option. (wink)
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

JFC can we just get this done somehow already???
Chuck Schumer @SenSchumer wrote: The Rules Committee acted on a resolution that would allow the Senate to quickly confirm the more than 350 military nominations being blocked by Sen. Tuberville.

I will bring it to the floor so we can swiftly confirm these highly qualified and dedicated military leaders.
Add Tubervile to the list (with Ted Cruz) of people that could be shot on the Senate floor without a conviction.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I note that Schumer doesn't say "when" he will bring it to the floor.

After which they can swiftly act.

I loathe double talk.

:bored:
raison de arizona

File under "things that never happened."
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Tuberville claims that “Admirals and Generals” called him over Thanksgiving to thank him for what he is doing and supposedly told him that what he’s doing isn’t causing them any problems.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:14 pm File under "things that never happened."
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski wrote: Tuberville claims that “Admirals and Generals” called him over Thanksgiving to thank him for what he is doing and supposedly told him that what he’s doing isn’t causing them any problems.
The only thing he left out was they had tears in their eyes.

Like Trump, Tuberville is FoS.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

... and said, "Sir."
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:33 pm ... and said, "Sir."
Not "Coach"? ;)
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

But he didn't bother to name those generals because....?

ImageImageImage x4
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 pm But he didn't bother to name those generals because....?
General Ignorance
Major Blunder
Admiral Rollmeover
Major General Modelof
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

He didn't name them because he doesn't understand Cyrillic.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Rolodex wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:16 pm He didn't name them because he doesn't understand Cyrillic.
:fingerwag: :lol: :clap:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:rimshot:
raison de arizona

Tommy Tuberville: Florida’s third senator?

“Tuberville lives in Auburn, Alabama, with his wife Suzanne.”
— website of Sen. Tommy Tuberville (R-Ala.)

Keeping up with politics is easy with The 5-Minute Fix Newsletter, in your inbox weekdays.
In late June, Tommy Tuberville traveled to the Wiregrass region of Alabama, which borders Florida. “The Wiregrass is one of the best-kept secrets in Alabama,” Tuberville told a gathering of local leaders in Dothan. “Everyone is seeing the growth in Florida, but that will only last so long because you can only take so many people in the Florida area.”

Tuberville — who coached Alabama’s Auburn University football team from 1999 to 2008 and was elected senator from Alabama in 2020 — isn’t heeding his own pitch.

Three weeks after his Wiregrass appearance, Tuberville sold, for nearly $1.1 million, the last properties that he owned in Alabama, according to real estate records. The properties, known as Tiger Farms LLC, are in Macon and Tallapoosa counties, on the outskirts of Auburn. That same month, he also sold one Florida condo for $850,000 and bought another for $825,000.

Tuberville’s office says his primary residence is an Auburn house that records show is owned by his wife and son. But campaign finance reports and his signature on property documents indicate that his home is actually a $3 million, 4,000-square-foot beach house he has lived in for nearly two decades in Santa Rosa Beach, Fla., located in the Florida Panhandle about 90 miles south of Dothan.
:snippity:
Gift link: https://wapo.st/3R7LzJU
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sen. Tuberville drops his months-long hold on military promotions

https://www.npr.org/2023/12/05/12173722 ... press.coop
Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala, says he will drop his holds on most military promotions. He has been blocking military promotions for months over his objections to an unrelated Pentagon policy that pays for service members travel to seek abortion care.

Tuberville told reporters in the Capitol on Tuesday that he will drop the hold on all promotions except those for Four Star generals. Tuberville has been blocking promotions since February creating a backlog that has grown to more than 350.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”