Post by bob »

3-D chess. :towel:
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Assault on the Capitol (DC)

Post by raison de arizona »

He seems delightful.
Ryan J. Reilly @ryanjreilly wrote: A Jan. 6 rioter told police officers he wanted to bless them.

Seconds later, he attacked them.

He was AWOL from the National Guard because Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.

Video showing Matthew Honigford, who was arrested by the FBI in Ohio today.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:14 pm :snippity:

He was AWOL from the National Guard because Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.

:snippity:
Ummm huh, how come he wasn't picked up by the MPs a long time ago.... :confuzzled:

At least that's what happens in the Corps... :shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justic ... rcna126236
WASHINGTON — A Jan. 6 rioter who represented himself during a jury trial and advanced sovereign citizen arguments that a federal judge described as "bulls---" and "gobbledygook" was found guilty Tuesday and ordered into government custody.

Taylor James Johnatakis of Washington state was arrested in February 2021 and went to trial starting last week. After just a few hours of deliberation, a jury found Johntakis guilty on Tuesday of felony counts of obstruction of an official proceeding, assaulting officers and civil disorder, as well as four misdemeanor charges.

Judge Royce Lamberth had grown frustrated with Johnatakis during a pretrial conference last week that took place the day before jury selection began. Johnatakis repeatedly said that he wanted to accept "full liability" for the charges. “I would like to come to a resolution,” Johnatakis said, though he refused to plead guilty to the charges.

Johnatakis “could get a lesser sentence" if he "weren’t so hardheaded," Lamberth said.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

That's okay. He won't feel a thing because he himself the person will never be incarcerated. Only his physical body will be. He himself the person will be out doing other things. Someplace. Somehow.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/172 ... 12767?s=20
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: This letter was written by the daughter of a Jan 6 defendant... As she asked a judge for mercy for her mom and dad

====>
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That’s a very nice letter from a caring daughter who didn’t fall for the bullshit. But I’d like to know how their parents feel today about what they did on January 6, and do they still believe that Trump is their orange Messiah.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

WTF is a disabled dude on SSDI doing traveling to DC and joining a riot at the Capitol? I feel badly for the daughter, but FAFO. I'm not hoping that he loses his SSDI and the mother has to take another job, but actions have consequences. He sure wasn't thinking of his wife, child, or SSDI when he joined the insurrection at the Capitol. Perhaps he should have been.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

parents are the sweetest people
We witnessed people who went to the Capitol, saw what was going down, and hightailed it out. Why didn't these sweetest people do that?

Yeah, and how disabled is this guy?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Nov 27, 2023 6:17 pm That’s a very nice letter from a caring daughter who didn’t fall for the bullshit. But I’d like to know how their parents feel today about what they did on January 6, and do they still believe that Trump is their orange Messiah.
I don't care, they did at one time, and they tried to overthrow our Republic, and I know I harp on the bit where I was in the Corps, but [Sugar Magnolia's favorite expletive deleted] these people. I had one faith when I was sent into combat, and it was that the will of the people would be honoured....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Informative thread at link.
https://x.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/172 ... 16926?s=20
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: NEW: Feds will seek 12+ years prison in Jan 6 case of Alan Hostetter, arguing he "conspired with others, he collected weapons, and he traveled across the country for the riot, with the goal of using the threat of violence to disrupt the peaceful transfer of power"

(MORE)
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Olympic gold medalist swimmer Klete Keller sentenced to 36 months of probation for role in Capitol riot
Federal prosecutors had recommended 10 months in prison.

ByAlexander Mallin, Meredith Deliso, and Beatrice Peterson
December 1, 2023, 11:29 PM

Former U.S. Olympic swimmer Klete Keller was sentenced on Friday to 36 months of probation for his role in the riot at the U.S. Capitol, avoiding prison time after pleading guilty to a federal felony.

Keller, 41, was also sentenced to six months of home detention and will have to perform 10 hours of community service every month.

The two-time gold-medalist -- who was one of the first Jan. 6 riot defendants to plead guilty to a felony -- was seen in videos wearing a Team USA jacket in the Capitol rotunda surrounded by other members of the pro-Donald Trump mob.

Keller was indicted on seven federal counts in the weeks following the attack, but in a deal reached with prosecutors he pleaded guilty to only a single count of obstructing an official proceeding, which carries a maximum sentence of 20 years in jail.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/klete-keller- ... =105310848
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kari Lake right now with Bartiromo when asked about J6. Of course it's the poor political prisoners, then pivots how good it is the tapes are coming out, mentions Capitol police tossed a grandmother down some stairs. Anyone know if there's a kernel of truth in that, or is she fabricating it all? No surprise, but Bartiromo doesn't follow uo.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've heard a lot of talk about the tapes but haven't seen any actual footage. Anyone else?

ImageImageImage x4
bob

Post by bob »

Kendra wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:00 amCapitol police tossed a grandmother down some stairs.
"For context," Boebert (like her mother before her) is a 36-year-old grandmother.
Image ImageImage
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How is a grandmother more sacred than other humans?
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 3:53 pm How is a grandmother more sacred than other humans?
One legged grandmothers being claimed to being attacked were the precursors to occupation of the Sudenland, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Poland etc

It’s in the right’s play book
raison de arizona

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 12:53 pm I've heard a lot of talk about the tapes but haven't seen any actual footage. Anyone else?
It's not you.
Scott MacFarlane @MacFarlaneNews wrote: Weeks after US House GOP leaders announced the release and website-posting of the January 6th security camera video...... only a speck of the 40,000+ hours apperas on the http://House.gov website Approximately .002% of it
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

It takes how much time to review 40'000+ hours of video to decide which are not appropriate to the maggats :?: :twisted:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Jan. 6 rioter asks for early release, says he was ‘manipulated’ by Trump and Fox News
Mitchell Todd Gardner wrote that he and other “hard working red blooded Americans” felt “obligated to act” by the words of “the most powerful man in the world.”

Nov. 30, 2023, 9:38 PM CET
By Ryan J. Reilly

WASHINGTON — A Donald Trump supporter who bashed in a Capitol window, assaulted police officers with pepper spray and urged the mob to “pull the cops out” during the brutal battle at the lower west tunnel on Jan. 6, 2021, is asking a judge to grant him early release, saying he was “manipulated” by the former president and Fox News.

Mitchell Todd Gardner, who was wearing a Trump hat and a “Reagan Bush ’84” sweatshirt during the Capitol attack, yelled “pull the police out,” “pull the cops out,” and “grab their hands and pull them out” during the battle, and then unloaded a fire extinguisher-sized canister of OC spray on officers in the tunnel, according to evidence shown at trial. He then bashed a Capitol window and entered into a suite of Senate “hideaway” offices that were assigned to Republican senators, including one belonging to Sen. Jim Risch, R-Idaho.

Gardner wrote a memo, styled as a “Motion for Compassionate Release and/or Reduction of Sentence,” that was filed on the docket in his criminal case this week. In it, Gardner states that he and “so many other Americans” were “persuaded by then President Donald J. Trump that he had irrefutable evidence that he had been cheated by a ‘rigged election.’”

In his memo, Gardner writes that “a large group of hard working red blooded Americans” were influenced by Trump and “felt obligated to act on his behalf” to save the country.

Gardner’s memo cites the U.S. Sentencing Commission’s “2023 Criminal History Amendment,” which went into effect on Nov. 1, in arguing for a sentence reduction, though it is unclear if Gardner would actually be eligible under that amendment. Gardner, representing himself pro se, wrote the memo from the low-security federal prison at Fort Dix in New Jersey, where he’s being held.

Judge Amit P. Mehta, in March 2023, sentenced Gardner to 55 months, or about 4.5 years, in federal prison. With good time and credit for time served, the 36-year-old is currently scheduled for release on July 15, 2025, according to Federal Bureau of Prisons records.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:00 pm
Jan. 6 rioter asks for early release, says he was ‘manipulated’ by Trump and Fox News

Gardner wrote a memo, styled as a “Motion for Compassionate Release and/or Reduction of Sentence,” that was filed on the docket in his criminal case this week. In it, Gardner states that he and “so many other Americans” were “persuaded by then President Donald J. Trump that he had irrefutable evidence that he had been cheated by a ‘rigged election.’”
Let’s say that Trump actually did have irrefutable evidence that the election was rigged and stolen. There’s a remedy for that, and it does not involve storming the capitol.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Nah…
Civil processes is for whimpy leftists

Real Americans are for immediate violence as the only solution

[sarkish as unfortunately too many people in all nations are willing to use violence ]
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

There are tons of these miscreants (aka criminals) who say they were fooled/manipulated by tfg/fox. I hope/assume Jack Smith is keeping count of all these people, so he can say that xxxxxxx number of people were motivated by trump to attack the capital. They followed his orders. He ordered an insurrection and they obeyed. Trump is the creator of the insurrection.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Didn't Nuremberg establish "I was only following orders," is not a valid defense?

ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The January 6 Insurrection, including Criminal Cases”