trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So he believes he could have stopped the rioting....if he wanted to.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:06 am So he believes he could have stopped the rioting....if he wanted to.
No, no.

If only the Secret Service had allowed him to.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:06 am So he believes he could have stopped the rioting....if he wanted to.
I could have sworn that in one of the early episodes in Season Two, TFG
claimed that Cassidy Hutchinson was lying when she told the story about
TFG trying to get to the capitol and assaulting the driver (or maybe it
was one of his posse). Anyone remember this?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Lots of them called her a liar. One, I believe senator(?), said he had proof she was lying and would present it soon, in the form of someone testifying. That proof suffered the same fate as Hannity's waterboarding.

ImageImageImage x4
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

This could have gone in the RIP thread, but I decided it belonged here.
Trump Attends His Sister’s Funeral, but Does Not Speak
The former president went unmentioned during the memorial service for
Maryanne Trump Barry, seemingly in accordance with her wishes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/17/styl ... barry.html

This strikes me as odd:
Douglas Purcell, the cantor at St. Ignatius Loyola, said in an interview after the service that the lack of mention of the former president seemed to be in accordance with Judge Barry’s wishes.

“Judges are very careful about the words they choose,” he said. “Between the pastor and the son, they mentioned many of her causes — women, people in need — and that we all should be helping our fellow humans. And you wonder how that was being directed.”

Mr. Purcell, 60, added that Judge Barry had converted to Catholicism as an adult and had been a regular at Mass. Early in the service, he led the mourners in the singing of “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God,” a hymn composed in the 16th century by the Protestant reformer Martin Luther that has in recent decades become common in Catholic services.

Mr. Purcell, who said he had not voted for Mr. Trump, read aloud some of the words printed in the program:

“The prince of darkness grim, we tremble not for him;

His rage we can endure, For lo! his doom is sure;

One little word shall fell him.”

“One has to wonder,” Mr. Purcell said, adding, “She chose all the hymns.”
That's delicious of course, but I'm taken aback. It strikes me as unprofessional and almost unethical for the Cantor to give such an interview.

I'm flagging northland10 to find out what he thinks about it.
northland10 wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 9:23 pm
Off Topic
Oh, and I'm also _really_ curious about Catholic congregations singing Ein feste Burg ist unser Gott.

Over the years members of my family have sung in a variety of Episcopal church choirs, and I've had the privilege of singing for some well-known choirmasters. So I have some familiarity with hymns and church music. Nearly two decades ago the funeral for a Catholic relative by marriage was held in a pretty sizeable suburban church north of Albany. I was informally charged with coordinating with the music director, and it was as though we were talking in different languages. After a series of unsuccessful questions about hymns that I knew, I asked if there was anything by Bach in their service book, and there was a grave shaking of the head. I specifically remember being glad that I hadn't suggested something by Martin Luther.

Eventually it appeared that they pretty much used only what seemed to me like modern "praise music," and we chose from the unfamiliar hymns they suggested. I should add that the service was lovely. We had no budget for music, but a choir of a dozen or more volunteers from the congregation showed up to lead the singing. They did a good job and everyone appreciated it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Off Topic
Its really up to the local Parish Priest what music is used in the local mass. Contrary to popular belief, a Parish Priest is pretty much the head of his own little kingdom in terms of what goes on in his Church. Even the local Bishop would need his permission to say mass in his Church (though it might not be politically a good idea to refuse.)

Anyway, the idea of Catholics just sticking to modern music is kind of hilarious to me. There is a looooong tradition of music in the Church. But if that's what went on in that Church then the music director might not have been familiar with the stuff you were bringing up. *shrug*
Hic sunt dracones
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Off Topic
The Episcopal church choirs that I've been in or heard sing vast amounts of music from the repertory of Catholic sacred music, from the renaissance to the nineteenth century and beyond. I've never heard anything but quite modern music sung in U.S. Catholic churches, although I haven't been to very many.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

chancery wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 pm

My hand to Heaven, due to a permanent blotch on my current glasses that won't come clean and cause a blurry patch similar to dead pixels on a computer screen (I've got new glasses pending from a fresh prescription when I get back to my post from my current R&R leave), I read that as "lol his doom is sure." :mrgreen: I'm too amused to be embarassed about it.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

IMG_2337.jpg
IMG_2337.jpg (159.67 KiB) Viewed 1814 times

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Catching up…

On Biden escaping charges:
► Show Spoiler
On Engoron et al:
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Was Joe hiding dozens of boxes in his bathroom? Did I miss that?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:50 pm Was Joe hiding dozens of boxes in his bathroom? Did I miss that?
They were stashed in the Corvette while Hunter was driving it. Or so I've heard.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 9:25 pm
chancery wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 pm

My hand to Heaven, due to a permanent blotch on my current glasses that won't come clean and cause a blurry patch similar to dead pixels on a computer screen (I've got new glasses pending from a fresh prescription when I get back to my post from my current R&R leave), I read that as "lol his doom is sure." :mrgreen: I'm too amused to be embarassed about it.

I had the exact same problem because I've jusr had a cataract removed and my eyes dont match my prescription anymore and the new eye hasnt settled in yet, and I've now misplaced my 'indoor' glasses cause I keep taking them off and walking away.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

For Foogy:
Image ImageImage
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Trump is the fabulous confabulator, and everything he says is a Santos. So if he says he didn't do something, it means he did.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He didn't participate with 4 Hookers? So... did he do it with 5 hookers? Three?

Or was it like what the Steele Dossier actually said, that two hookers urinated on the bed the Obama couple slept in while he watched and giggled droolingly.

Or is he just saying it because no-one was talking about him today.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:44 pm Trump is the fabulous confabulator, and everything he says is a Santos. So if he says he didn't do something, it means he did.
Not exactly. If he says something with specific parameters, that means that he did it but not to those parameters. So, like I said, it could be three hookers.

Its a bit luike when he screamed NO COLLUSION because he knew that legally he had not committed legal collusion... mainly as the Russians heard him boast about the acreement they were negotiating with him in a speech and decided to not actually make a direct agreement with his stupid ass.

Its so he can be "telling the truth" and showing how smart he is by fooling everyone.

Of course, now that no-one believe him anyway, he will rage wondering why his smart isn't working anymore.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bill_g wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:44 pm Trump is the fabulous confabulator, and everything he says is a Santos. So if he says he didn't do something, it means he did.
Or he's trying to parse every word. So the story might be true but there were only 3 hookers, so it's not a lie if he denies a very specific story involving 4 hookers, see.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

chancery wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 10:48 pm This could have gone in the RIP thread, but I decided it belonged here.
The former president went unmentioned during the memorial service for
Maryanne Trump Barry, seemingly in accordance with her wishes.
https://www.nytimes.com/2023/11/17/styl ... barry.html

This strikes me as odd:
Douglas Purcell, the cantor at St. Ignatius Loyola, said in an interview after the service that the lack of mention of the former president seemed to be in accordance with Judge Barry’s wishes.

“Judges are very careful about the words they choose,” he said. “Between the pastor and the son, they mentioned many of her causes — women, people in need — and that we all should be helping our fellow humans. And you wonder how that was being directed.”

Mr. Purcell, 60, added that Judge Barry had converted to Catholicism as an adult and had been a regular at Mass. Early in the service, he led the mourners in the singing of “A Mighty Fortress Is Our God,” a hymn composed in the 16th century by the Protestant reformer Martin Luther that has in recent decades become common in Catholic services.

Mr. Purcell, who said he had not voted for Mr. Trump, read aloud some of the words printed in the program:

That's delicious of course, but I'm taken aback. It strikes me as unprofessional and almost unethical for the Cantor to give such an interview.

I'm flagging northland10 to find out what he thinks about it.
Not sure which are I am to express my thoughts but to cover the basis quickly:

1. In a funeral mass or burial/funeral service in a liturgical denomination, eulogies or remembrances are far less common and usually done by one family member or friend, if at all. Sometimes, family members may be the lectors/readers. The service is about God, Jesus, and the descedent, and not the former role of another family so not mentioning him his perfectly normal. Only the press would look to find some angle.

2. I would not be giving an interview with the media before or after a funeral unless they were asking about the challenge of preparing a service with the Secret Service and media running around. In terms of what they were asking, that is up to the clergy to answer.

3. A Mighty Fortress is derived from Psalm 46, one of the psalms often mentioned as appropriate for a funeral. I may be more interested in going with O God Our Help in Ages Past (paraphrase of Psalm 90) or O, God You Search Me (paraphrase of Psalm 139 - Bernadette Farrell has a great one for this).

I will avoid continuing the hymnody discussion here so as not to hijack the thread. I could go on, as I may have a degree covering things like this.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

https://x.com/ReallyAmerican1/status/17 ... 24710?s=20
Really American 🇺🇸 @ReallyAmerican1 wrote: This is DISGUSTING, even for Trump:

Former President Trump mocked former President Jimmy Carter at an Iowa event, just one day after the Carter family revealed Rosalynn Carter's entry into hospice care.

Trump, criticizing Biden in Fort Dodge, Iowa, quipped, "the happiest person anywhere in this country right now is Jimmy Carter because his administration looked brilliant compared to these clowns."

He added, "Compared to Biden, Jimmy Carter was a brilliant, brilliant president."

The Carter Center announced the former first lady's hospice care last week, a service often chosen by patients nearing the end of life.

President Carter entered hospice care in February, and in May, the family confirmed Rosalynn Carter's dementia diagnosis.

While Trump's remarks drew attention, they occurred against the backdrop of the Carter family dealing with Rosalynn Carter's health challenges.

The former first lady's passing, following her entry into hospice, adds a somber note to the political commentary, emphasizing the importance of sensitivity when discussing public figures, particularly during personal and challenging times.

Notably, the Carters enjoyed a 77-year loving and faithful marriage, with neither facing felony charges nor attempting to incite insurrection against America.
raison de arizona

Republican Accountability @AccountableGOP wrote: Trump: “We have the facts, we have the figures, and I hope the judges are going to allow that to be shown in court because those elections were rigged.”

We'll be waiting expectantly to see if these judges can find something that 61 lawsuits over the 2020 election failed to find.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Please hold your breath. Please hold your breath. Please hold your… :pray:

ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

We all know the old saying, 62nd time’s a charm.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Damsel in financial distress ...
Donald Trump’s Lawyer Alina Habba and Husband Owe Over $1 Million in Liens and Warrants

Katherine Schaffstall
November 9, 2023·

Birds of a feather flock together! Turns out that Donald Trump’s lawyer Alina Habba and her husband, Gregg Reuben, owe more than one million dollars in liens and warrants, In Touch can exclusively reveal.

Habba, 39, ​currently has two active liens filed against her law firm in the state of Maine by the Department of Labor. She and her law firm, Sandelands Eyet LLP owe $1,146, according to paperwork reviewed by In Touch and filed on December 3, 2021. Another tax lien against ​her LLP was filed on October 24, 2022, for the amount of $1,047.

Meanwhile, Habba’s hubby, Reuben, has a staggering amount of active state tax warrants in New York from Albany county that list him individually, as well as his LLCs. Reuben, 51, owes two payments of $93,628 and $179,335 that were filed on August 22, 2016, $484,323 from November ​12, 2020 and $59,295 from April 6, 2022. And several other of his LLCs were also hit with tax liens totaling more than $770,000, which he is personally liable for.

“A lien is filed in a way that is attached to anything you own [and can be] real estate or personal property,” explains Jeremy Wallace, a lawyer who specializes in real estate and bankruptcy in New Jersey. “Theoretically, they can come and raid your house and take your Rolexes. And it can spiral, if you cannot pay one year, why pay the next year and so on.” Reuben ​and Habba’s many tax warrants will hinder ​their ability to buy or sell property until they are paid off, Wallace added.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/don ... 09271.html
(original by InTouch)

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”