Taitz v. Colvin (Formerly Astrue) - FOIA action

woodworker

Postby woodworker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:19 pm

It was my bad, mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. I will hang my head in shame, beat my back and shoulders with branches and only wear sackcloth - but I am not giving up barbecued ribs.
My avatar is a likeness of my bestest puppy "Bruin." There is no truth to the rumor, despite what Geritol says, that Bruin and I are twins.

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:28 pm

I just read the draft. I don't see how it can possibly be improved upon. Quite the powerful piece.

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:37 pm

But ALSO... it's not like anything she "fixes" will change the eventual outcome of this thing, either. It is doomed. She is doomed. The birthers are doomed. Doomed, doomed, doomed.And another thing, non-lawyers making fun of her complete gibberish can't really be construed as help.And ANOTHER thing, this is a place of discussion.(I get what y'all are saying, but I think you're rowing the titanic upstream on this one.)

And the discussion will be just as relevant in 24-48 hours. I'm pretty sure everyone here engages in a modicum of self control in their regular lives. Asking for a bit of discretion is not unreasonable.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:41 pm

I'm still in the "Orly is beyond help" camp.

I honestly believe that if all the best lawyers we have here on Fogbow collaborated on creating the very best reply brief possible in support of Orly's "Motion for Reconsideration," complete with top-quality legal research and strict adherence to all court rules, local and otherwise ... and if she filed that brief instead of the "draft" she posted today ... the motion would still be denied. If you doubt that, take your best shot at writing a competent reply brief, and after she's filed hers we'll take a look at yours as a group and tell you what we think.

Moreover, I don't think it's "helping Orly" to point out that she didn't redact SSNs. I honestly think Orly has made a conscious decision not to redact the SSNs, so mentioning in public that they're unredacted won't affect her brief at all. She's dumb but she's not that dumb. She knows damned well she didn't redact the SSNs. She thinks it's OK to do that because it's not anyone's real number, and she's showing the court how pissed off she is about Nemeroff's opposition brief and how she doesn't have to follow any stupid court rules because she's the National Leader of the Constitutionalist Dissident Movement and thus entitled to thumb her nose at the court.

She's beyond help, and nothing anybody here says or does will really help her.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:56 pm

Maybe I just need it explained better ...
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:59 pm

Uh, she's changed misspellings and the like that some have noted here. Of course none of her filings are redeemable substantively, but what purpose does it serve to help her appear any less crazy than she is? As Stern has ably noted, the obvious ticky tack mistakes are readily apparent to intelligent folks, so what do we gain for ourselves here by pointing this stuff out before she files? After she files, it's great entertainment to mock and laugh.

As for the SSNs, she's been pretty good about properly redacting everything she files in Lamberth's court after he publicly chastised her. She includes it in the drafts she posts on her site because she thinks her millions of readers will be impressed. But why remind her in advance? Again, what good does that do a single member here?

In case y'all haven't figured it out, by posting the draft in advance, she's using you as her proofreaders. If it gives you a thrill to help her with that, go for it. I just won't be bringing her drafts over here in the future.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:05 pm

OK, Ms. Filly. I understand and respect your opinion, you know that.Besides, the only thing I really mentioned was that her prayer for relief, for lack of a better term, is somewhat unrealistic in its scope. Betcha $10 she includes that part anyway. From her point of view, it's a brilliant and all-encompassing prayer.I doubt that helping her with spelling is going to make a difference. I've gotten PMs saying that it would be nice if she got sanctioned, but I've given up on Judge Lamberth issuing sanctions. Nevertheless, I won't be helping her improve the brief. It's a masterpiece as it is. I've said it before: Sadly enough, it is not a laughing matter. :lol:

Bran Mak Morn

Postby Bran Mak Morn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:17 pm

But didn't she leave out too much from Kramer vs. Kramer (1979)? Surely, if she included it, she might have a chance, right?

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:24 pm

Look, the only reason she puts these draft motions up on her site is to get commentary on them, either from here or elsewhere, either for reasons of simple narsisism (ooh people are talking about meeee!) or for help. Also I don't see the point of bringing DRAFT motions over here for discussion if one is not allowed to discuss them. So, I think only bringing filed motions over here is the way to go. You WON'T stop people commenting on them so stop working yourself up into a rage trying to hold back the tide. The correct choice is to just post filed motions over here, and if people want to brave the orly house of parasitical infection to get the drafts its on them.Anyway, here's my stab at a better brief than the one Orly filed[sekrit]http://forgifs.com/gallery/d/190079-1/Coke_spider.gif[/sekrit]

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:25 pm

](*,)

majorbabs

Postby majorbabs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:30 pm

[highlight]O'rly left out the evidence that BHO is the anti-Christ.[/highlight] That would really add to the gravitas and urgency. It would really impress the court as well. Let's hope she doesn't add that important new evidence.

Why state the obvious? Obama is a secret muslim "de facto", he is the anti-Christ.

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:35 pm

Suranis, I'm not in a rage. Incredulous at the lack of impulse control and the attempts to rationalize same? Yes. Rage? No. I've brought drafts over because they're fun to read, and because there are people who are afraid or unwilling to go over to Orly's. No good deed goes unpunished, I suppose.

Suranis

Postby Suranis » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:41 pm

Sorry filly. I meant no offense. Thanks for bringing them over by the way, you are right they are fun to read. :-bd

ducktape

Postby ducktape » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:42 pm

She's beyond help, and nothing anybody here says or does will really help her.

I'm only 95% in agreement with you, but I'm going to hold my argument for a couple of days before I explain the 5%.

listeme

Postby listeme » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:47 pm

It's not lack of impulse control. I don't agree with that characterization.The folks who discuss aren't unable to hold back. They just disagree, or they disagree on which things are problematic, or whatever.As far as I know I've never discussed one of the drafts, but it's not because I have impulse control about it.
Say what you mean.

GreatGrey

Postby GreatGrey » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:49 pm

[offtopic]So after all this live birfin is finally over, is we gettin a Birfaholics Anonymous forum, or what?[/offtopic]

I AM NOT doing a Step 4 and 5, no way. [-X

Highlands

Postby Highlands » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:50 pm

IMO, what we should really be doing is using our intelligence and energy to figure out who the mole is. :-k
If you took out all of the blood vessels in your body and lined them up, you would be dead. #science

ZekeB

Postby ZekeB » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:52 pm

No, our comments won't help O'rly's case. The case is a loser. We all know that. Just keep in mind that the bigger the POS that O'rly files, the greater the chance of sanctions. It may help with getting the vexatious litigant label festooned upon her. CALBAR might, though I doubt it, finally take notice if she slips in a real whopper. Whatever it takes to improve the odds against O'rly, let's take that route.

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:56 pm

No, our comments won't help O'rly's case. The case is a loser. We all know that. Just keep in mind that the bigger the POS that O'rly files, the greater the chance of sanctions.

Yeahbut. Pointing out spelling errors isn't going to increase the chance of sanctions, IMHO.

Whatever it takes to improve the odds against O'rly, let's take that route.

I already agreed to that. I'm doing my damnedest to be annoyingly reasonable. How's that workin' for me? :-?

ZekeB

Postby ZekeB » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:00 pm

Yeahbut. Pointing out spelling errors isn't going to increase the chance of sanctions, IMHO.

Do you like the word "festooned"? I do.

mimi

Postby mimi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:01 pm

.I'll say this for her, if she files that, she will most certainly get media coverage. Sheesh!

Sterngard Friegen

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:04 pm

No, our comments won't help O'rly's case. The case is a loser. We all know that. Just keep in mind that the bigger the POS that O'rly files, the greater the chance of sanctions.

Whatever it takes to improve the odds against O'rly, let's take that route.

I already agreed to that. I'm doing my damnedest to be annoyingly reasonable. How's that workin' for me? :-?

#-o

Foggy

Postby Foggy » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:06 pm

Do you like the word "festooned"? I do.

Love that word. Also "marmalade". :xo

majorbabs

Postby majorbabs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:25 pm

[offtopic]So after all this live birfin is finally over, is we gettin a Birfaholics Anonymous forum, or what?[/offtopic]

I AM NOT doing a Step 4 and 5, no way. [-X

I have a problem with almost all of the steps since they involve what I call magical thinking. And there's no way I'm going to made a list of all persons I've harmed as related to my being an anti-birther nor am I willing to make amends to them. My only regret would be that I wasn't able to do more to stop or shut down the birthers. That all said, I will need to find some way to fill the hole left by the end of the birthers. I'm sure that there will be some other group of nutters who will take the birthers place.

June bug

Postby June bug » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:29 pm

Nobody panic!

[sekrit]Birther withdrawal is at least 5 years off. By then the de-tox units will be set up.[/sekrit]

Return to “Orly Taitz”