GOP Candidates

Mikedunford

GOP Candidates

Postby Mikedunford » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:10 am

Linda Lingle needs a job.

It's not going to be Lingle. She's divorced (twice, IIRC), has no kids, and is Jewish. I can't see her having any chance at all geting nominated for VP by today's Republican party.

Plutodog

GOP Candidates

Postby Plutodog » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:21 am

Linda Lingle needs a job.

It's not going to be Lingle. She's divorced (twice, IIRC), has no kids, and is Jewish. I can't see her having any chance at all geting nominated for VP by today's Republican party.

I know but I'd love to see the birferz go berserk if she was nominated. :twisted:
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

A Legal Lohengrin

GOP Candidates

Postby A Legal Lohengrin » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:35 am

The Republicans will run another woman as VP. Not Michelle Bachman. And she won't be as incompetent as Palin. No one could be that incompetent.

Olympia Snowe would be the sane choice. So fat chance of that.

kate520

GOP Candidates

Postby kate520 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 5:27 am

Carlyfornia!

TexasFilly

GOP Candidates

Postby TexasFilly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:56 am

Suranis

GOP Candidates

Postby Suranis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:59 am

Blocked from my location. I'm really starting to hate that crap...

esseff44

GOP Candidates

Postby esseff44 » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Carlyfornia!

Carly? Maybe. Doesn't seem crazy enough for the Tea Party types. Meg is unlikely since she has a big, new job running HP into the ground and sending all those jobs overseas.

TexasFilly

GOP Candidates

Postby TexasFilly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:03 pm

Cuz you're not in Aumurka.

listeme

GOP Candidates

Postby listeme » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:04 pm

The Republicans will run another woman as VP. Not Michelle Bachman. And she won't be as incompetent as Palin. No one could be that incompetent.

Olympia Snowe would be the sane choice. So fat chance of that.

Honest to god, Romney/Snowe would barely make me nervous at all.
Say what you mean.

mimi

GOP Candidates

Postby mimi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:32 pm

Here it is. this is from youtube,so you might be able to view. If not, idunno how people change their location to view stuff. i looked it up once and know it's do-able, but too far above my paygrade.EDIT: [snipped youtube, as it was removed and no longer worked. I put another youtube in subsequent post. It works for now.]

realist

GOP Candidates

Postby realist » Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 pm

Apparently NBC Universal has blocked viewing of the video on copyright grounds. :((

TexasFilly

GOP Candidates

Postby TexasFilly » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:04 pm

Apparently NBC Universal has blocked viewing of the video on copyright grounds. :((

You should be able to watch it on the NBC site I linked, upthread. It's funny. The Newt and Ron Paul characters were hilarious. And the woman who played Bachmann (I usually don't care for her) had the accent down pat.

mimi

GOP Candidates

Postby mimi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:16 pm

You should be able to watch it on the NBC site I linked, upthread. It's funny. The Newt and Ron Paul characters were hilarious. And the woman who played Bachmann (I usually don't care for her) had the accent down pat.

It's on the internet. It's at nbc, raw story, etc. I was providing the YouTube for our international members who can't view it at the regular sites.

mimi

GOP Candidates

Postby mimi » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 pm

here's another Youtube. it will prolly be removed soon.

realist

GOP Candidates

Postby realist » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:21 pm

Thanks Filly. It was great. :lol:

Suranis

GOP Candidates

Postby Suranis » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:38 pm

Thats Mimi. I watched it. I enjoyed it. :mrgreen:

Addie

GOP Candidates

Postby Addie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:53 pm

[/break1]politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0911/Trump_endorsement_more_trouble_than_its_worth.html?showall]Ben Smith

Trump endorsement more trouble than it's worth

The new Fox News poll suggests that Donald Trump's is one of the least valuable endorsements in politics: It makes 6% of voters more likely to support a candidate, and a full 31% less likely to do so.

Huntsman spokesman Tim Miller, who pointed the number out, suggests his boss isn't regretting not courting the television businessman.

"Here's hoping Govs. Romney & Perrys courtship of Trump continues well into the winter. [highlight=#ffff40]Next seasons best reality show might be Rick, Mitt, and Donald choppering to Hawaii to examine the birth certificate," Miller said.[/highlight]

Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

mimi

GOP Candidates

Postby mimi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:07 pm

There was a thing the other day about Romney not wanting to give the press a photo of him with Trump. The Trump-Romney Photo Op That Wasn’t[/break1]go.com/blogs/politics/2011/09/the-trump-romney-photo-op-that-wasnt/]http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/20 ... hat-wasnt/

TexasFilly

GOP Candidates

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 7:28 pm

FOX News poll shows Perry’s poor debate put Romney back in the lead

The first national poll conducted since last Thursday’s Republican debate shows that Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s bumbled attacks on Mitt Romney and ‘heartless’ response to queries from his critics on instate tuition for illegal immigrants has cost him dearly among the Republican primary electorate.

In this new poll, Perry pulls only 19 percent of the vote, one of his worst showings since entering the race. Mitt Romney edges Perry narrowly, attracting 23 percent of the vote, while fast-food magnet Herman Cain roared into third place with 17 percent of the vote. This is the first poll that put Cain near the top of the pack.

While one poll isn’t a trend and it will take additional polls to confirm the findings, the results seem to indicate that Perry’s poor debate performance may have done more damage to the Perry campaign than originally thought.

Perry has attempted to mitigate the damage from that debate by claiming that he is truer to conservative principles, even if Romney is the more avuncular debater.

[/break1]chron.com/rickperry/2011/09/fox-news-poll-shows-perrys-poor-debate-put-romney-in-the-lead/]http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/09 ... -the-lead/

Good chart at the link; Gov. Goodhair takes a nosedive. :-bd

esseff44

GOP Candidates

Postby esseff44 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:20 pm

The first national poll conducted since last Thursday’s Republican debate shows that Texas Gov. Rick Perry’s bumbled attacks on Mitt Romney and ‘heartless’ response to queries from his critics on instate tuition for illegal immigrants has cost him dearly among the Republican primary electorate.

In this new poll, Perry pulls only 19 percent of the vote, one of his worst showings since entering the race. Mitt Romney edges Perry narrowly, attracting 23 percent of the vote, while fast-food magnet Herman Cain roared into third place with 17 percent of the vote. This is the first poll that put Cain near the top of the pack.

While one poll isn’t a trend and it will take additional polls to confirm the findings, the results seem to indicate that Perry’s poor debate performance may have done more damage to the Perry campaign than originally thought.

Perry has attempted to mitigate the damage from that debate by claiming that he is truer to conservative principles, even if Romney is the more avuncular debater.

[/break1]chron.com/rickperry/2011/09/fox-news-poll-shows-perrys-poor-debate-put-romney-in-the-lead/]http://blog.chron.com/rickperry/2011/09 ... -the-lead/

Rachel had a segment on the response to Perry. In the debriefing of a group of audience members, the thing that got them really incensed was the 'heartless' comment. Cold-hearted people lacking in compassion do not like to be called 'heartless.' It may be the truest thing said all night, but Perry now feels he has to backtrack and say he was being over passionate in his defense of giving those young people a break.

Obama's keeps saying 'That's not who we are.' Well, that's not how a lot of us are. I just don't recall so many people expressing so much heartlessness about so many things and so often. Was it always there and people just felt ashamed to express these cold, selfish, let-'em-die attitudes? Or what?

TexasFilly

GOP Candidates

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 pm

Rachel had a segment on the response to Perry. In the debriefing of a group of audience members, the thing that got them really incensed was the 'heartless' comment. Cold-hearted people lacking in compassion do not like to be called 'heartless.' It may be the truest thing said all night, but Perry now feels he has to backtrack and say he was being over passionate in his defense of giving those young people a break.

Obama's keeps saying 'That's not who we are.' Well, that's not how a lot of us are. I just don't recall so many people expressing so much heartlessness about so many things and so often. Was it always there and people just felt ashamed to express these cold, selfish, let-'em-die attitudes? Or what?

Some Gooper called into Randi Rhodes' show yesterday. He kept trying to make the argument that the lunatics weren't booing the gay soldier, just the repeal of DADT. They think folks are stupid. Unfortunately, Randi did not reply with "really, then why is it that not one of the GOP candidates thanked that man for his service?"; a lost opportunity.

Litlebritdifrnt2

GOP Candidates

Postby Litlebritdifrnt2 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:49 pm

Ya'll should get out of the boat this one time and go over to the conservatives4palin site. The Pumas over there are about to cut themselves based upon Snowbilly Snooky's interview with Greta last night when she said that "you don't need a title to make a difference" these poor peeps have been throwing money at SarahPAC for three damn years (to the extent that they leave themselves with none "I sent everything in my bank account except a dollar I get paid in a week") and last night she basically said she wasn't running (confirmed by Rush today). It is sad how she has fleeced these rubes, and some of them are now just catching on. (Cross posted at the Sarah Palin thread)

TollandRCR

GOP Candidates

Postby TollandRCR » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:04 pm

Ya'll should get out of the boat this one time and go over to the conservatives4palin site.

Pgroup over there made an interesting comment:

The main reason God had the Israelites wandering around in a rather small area for forty years was so all the old farts with their Egyptian slave memories would die off. He didn't want to bring that sick thinking into the Promised Land. Maybe Sarah is doing something similar.

So she is waiting for all her old supporters with that sick thinking to disappear before she enters the political circus? Patriot173 sees a different strategy: it is the other Republican candidates who have to disappear:

pgroup, you nailed it! God did not allow one of the original Israelites and Moses to enter the Promised Land--they all died in the desert. Perhaps our Sarah is waiting for the "original" candidates to crap out before she declares....perry, mittens, bachmann and the rest are knocking each other off and Sarah is just waiting for their last gasp....Sarah WILL make a decision before the last filing date....we must have patience....

mimi

GOP Candidates

Postby mimi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Ya'll should get out of the boat this one time and go over to the conservatives4palin site. The Pumas over there are about to cut themselves based upon Snowbilly Snooky's interview with Greta last night when she said that "you don't need a title to make a difference" these poor peeps have been throwing money at SarahPAC for three damn years (to the extent that they leave themselves with none "I sent everything in my bank account except a dollar I get paid in a week") and last night she basically said she wasn't running (confirmed by Rush today). It is sad how she has fleeced these rubes, and some of them are now just catching on. (Cross posted at the Sarah Palin thread)

rikker needs a link. where are they saying stuff?[edit]Never mind. I think this is the thread. (gotta turn the noscript off. Best to Choose to resort the comments to newest first. I LOL'd. )[/break1]com/2011/09/open-thread-78.html]http://conservatives4palin.com/2011/09/ ... ad-78.html[/edit]

Return to “Presidential Election”