Poor Ol' Rooster

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Saddle oxford shoes. Da bomb!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:22 pm I probably couldn't get away with wearing those shoes today.
Well duh. They're way to small for you.
101010 :towel:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by neonzx »

sad-cafe wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 5:00 pm I think you were a very cute little boy!
I was way cuter. Then, I don't now what happened. :?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Google Fiber has failed me, whole house is offline until further notice. :mad:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Without Alexa for a few hours, I suddenly realize how sad my life is. :violin: :crying:

Then I put her on my wifi hotspot. :biggrin:

I got an Echo Pop today, and I can detect an increase in sound quality. :batting:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by keith »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:04 am Image
You're gonna need a bigger racoon trap
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today I was discharged from fizzikal therapy, and told I can go try Musical Asskicking and Dancing with Barbells again, and see what happens. I know how to test, to see if those things are helping or hurting me, and if they're not helping maybe I can't go back to them. But if I can find a way to make them work for me, that's a huge bonus in my life. I do love both those classes. I also stopped by the gym to wave hello at my favorite fitness instructor buddy, but she was teaching a class and I couldn't interrupt. I just wanted her to see that I'm still alive, then I went home and sent her a long text about how I'm gonna try to come back to her class, after all the surgeries and revisions and whatnot.

But getting discharged is a big deal. I have constructed a plan for continuing therapy exercises, a group of three core exercises which I shall perform twice a day and one or two additional exercises of my choice, in four minute blocks. He wants me to do 30 minutes of exercise every day, which leaves room for additional, non-therapeutic excercises, too also. But 30 minutes of therapy exercises. Seven 4-minute blocks in a day is 28 min... good enough, and if I manage to do 8 I can feel virtuous and healthy and tired. These are all exercises that have been tested for efficacy and the reason I chose them is they work. The three core exercises are mandatory if I want to maintain the gains I've made, and I've made a TON of gains. He tested everything again today, and I'm still improving in places I wouldn't expect, like bending my neck to the left. My arms are not 25 years old again, but they don't hurt and I can use them to do chores, repairs, and general home maintenance, which is a large part of my future.

... and if I follow my own plan, I'll continue to improve. So I got that goin' for me ...

So I told him, I'll see ya after I get my knee replaced in January, completing the cyborg circuit: two arms and two legs, all "replaced" such that they contain devices made from metallic alloys and godonlyknowswhatelse. But I told 'em to keep inventing new stuff and stickin' it in me, on account of how I want to stick around another 200 years or so. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by AndyinPA »

Good work! :thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

Hooray for Foggy! Keep up the good work!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

I'm happy for you Foggy. Fingers crossed it all stays in place this time, and your subscription to surgery of the month club runs out soon.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Poor Ol' Rooster

bill_g wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:15 am I'm happy for you Foggy. Fingers crossed it all stays in place this time, and your subscription to surgery of the month club runs out soon.
:eek:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Slim Cognito »

:cheer1: :cheer1: :cheer1:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Annrc
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Annrc »

:thumbsup: Good going.
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:52 pm
bill_g wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 10:15 am I'm happy for you Foggy. Fingers crossed it all stays in place this time, and your subscription to surgery of the month club runs out soon.
:eek:
Take my word for it, it's not a fun read. Somebody renewed our subscription this year, and the publisher will not refund.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

... and unfortunately, I kneed a knee surgery soonest after the New Year. Working on it, but that's what I knead.
John Thomas8

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy wrote: Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:41 am ... and unfortunately, I kneed a knee surgery soonest after the New Year. Working on it, but that's what I knead.
I need both mine replaced.

Maybe it'll happen.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Today I have a follow-up appointment with the shoulder doc. I'm gonna tell him I just need one more little revision, take him 5 minutes. I still can't do a military press with a 3 lb. weight in my left hand.

Right side works great, don't even need a tune-up. I can do everything else with the left arm, but that military press isn't getting any better, and yes I do my therapy exercises every dang day.

Or, maybe I have to live with it. Maybe it's good enough. Maybe I can take a shower and it's not a painful and degrading experience. Maybe I can work in my garage and do maintenance chores on my house. Maybe I should just thank that man for performing a miracle on my body. When I remember how much pain I was in a year ago ... whew. Thank you, Doctor Miracle. :thumbsup:
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Ouch. I would just give the left side moar time. Some stuff heals up fast, and other stuff takes longer. Be kind to yourself. As long as it doesn't hurt, go with the flow. Patience is your friend.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yes, well, I can do what I need to do, even without the military press on one side only.

For instance, over the past few days I repainted a small bookcase that was getting a little beat up. I managed to carry it downstairs to the garage, set it up on sawhorses, clean it, paint it, and carry it back up the stairs, all by myself. Ol' Wifehorn was dismayed, she thought for sure I'd hurt myself somehow, but I got 'er done. And today I'm blowing leaves all afternoon. It's a big property and needs a lot of work. Luckily, I can work again. It's a miracle, like I said.

When my shoulders were still a mess, I couldn't have typed this post sitting up. I had to lie down and prop my datapad on my belly. Then I could type without using my shoulders. Yowza. :cantlook:
bill_g

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by bill_g »

Excellent. You're doing the right things. I'm not much of a sitter either. You have to move or you turn to stone. Sometimes you have to push through it. Just do it slower, moar thoughtfully. It's along the lines of the Carpenter's Motto - Think twice, move once. I'm glad you haz arms again.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:14 am You have to move or you turn to stone.
Wait, I thought I would turn into a tapioca pudding. Now I wonder, which would be worse? :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

On this glorious but somewhat chilly December morn, I shall drive to Wilmington to pick up Numbah Two Son for the winter break. He still don't drive. I do. :|
Foggy
Dick Tater

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, we have both our sons home for the holidays.

Numbah One Son and ol' Wifehorn trying to carbohydrate me to death with chonklit chip cookies and blueberry waffles and everything in between.

❤️ 🎁 🎅 🌲 and so forth ...
Annrc
Verified:

Poor Ol' Rooster

Post by Annrc »

Nice!

Return to “Introduce Yourself”