INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Slim Cognito
Verified:

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Slim Cognito »

:lovestruck:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

So, the former head of GA GOP is one of the defendants (as a fake elector) in the GA case. He's filed to quash his case because...well, several reasons.
The former chair of the Georgia GOP, Shafer was charged alongside Trump and 18 others in the original indictment. He filed a plea-in-bar – an attempt to completely quash the legal proceedings against him before trial – by invoking the US Constitution’s Supremacy Clause that prevents states from meddling in the affairs of the federal government.

Shafer’s legal theory is that as a “contingent” elector – which the state calls “fake” – he is protected as a federal officer and therefore protected. Shafer and two other false electors have also – so far unsuccessfully – tried this argument to remove their cases to federal court.
https://themessenger.com/politics/georg ... acy-clause
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

ok so I'm going to pretend that I'm a fed and then claim I can't be charged because I'm protected since I'm a fed?

Bold move.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:08 pm ok so I'm going to pretend that I'm a fed and then claim I can't be charged because I'm protected since I'm a fed?

Bold move.
Yeah Fani's response to the plea was basically "Bite me."
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:08 pm ok so I'm going to pretend that I'm a fed and then claim I can't be charged because I'm protected since I'm a fed?

Bold move.
Thanks for your post, RdA. I read the statement and was so confused I believed I surely misunderstood it but your framing was much more direct.

ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:03 pm

Bold move.
Thanks for your post, RdA. I read the statement and was so confused I believed I surely misunderstood it but your framing was much more direct.
IANAL and I don't speak MAGA gibberish, but I think that his point is that he is being charged under a GA statute, not a federal one, and being tried in a GA court, and that as a "contingent" (read: Fake) elector, he is a Federal official.

Let me stop right there. Haven't a couple of courts (at least) already ruled that the states run the elections (even those for federal office) and because of that, the electors, contingent or otherwise, are NOT federal officials?

Resuming: He then argues that the Supremacy clause somehow means that federal officials can not be charged with state crimes.

Even if his arguments had legal merit (I don't believe they do), logically, a federal official could be charged under a federal statute.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I get warm fuzzies thinking about Leticia James and Fani Willis leading the cases destroying tfg's "empire" and filing state criminal charges against him. I have much to be thankful for. :daydreaming:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Georgia prosecutors seek an August 2024 trial start for Trump's election case

UPDATED NOVEMBER 17, 20234:39 PM ET
NPR's Washington Desk

Prosecutors in Georgia have proposed a start date of Aug. 5, 2024, for the remaining defendants in the 2020 election interference case, including former President Donald Trump.

That would be a few weeks after the Republican National Convention. Trump remains the frontrunner to be his party's presidential nominee next year.

And a monthslong trial beginning in August 2024 could stretch beyond the general election.

In a court filing Friday, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis wrote: "This proposed trial date balances potential delays from Defendant Trump's other criminal trials in sister sovereigns and the other Defendants' constitutional speedy trial rights."

Apart from the Georgia case, the former president faces six scheduled criminal and civil trials. That includes the ongoing civil business fraud case in New York.

The Georgia defendants will respond to the prosecutors' proposal, and then the Fulton County judge will set a trial date.

When asked about the trial schedule, Willis said at a Washington Post event earlier this week that she doesn't "expect that we will conclude until the winter or the very early part of 2025." That would mean the trial would run past the November 2024 election.

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/12138952 ... trial-date
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:39 am I get warm fuzzies thinking about Leticia James and Fani Willis leading the cases destroying tfg's "empire" and filing state criminal charges against him. I have much to be thankful for. :daydreaming:
It adds to the deliciousness that these are two strong Black women, which the misogynistic and racist orange one will resent so deeply.
Tiredretiredlawyer

ABSOLUTELY!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jemcanada2

Post by jemcanada2 »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:53 am
Georgia prosecutors seek an August 2024 trial start for Trump's election case

UPDATED NOVEMBER 17, 20234:39 PM ET
NPR's Washington Desk

Prosecutors in Georgia have proposed a start date of Aug. 5, 2024, for the remaining defendants in the 2020 election interference case, including former President Donald Trump.

That would be a few weeks after the Republican National Convention. Trump remains the frontrunner to be his party's presidential nominee next year.

And a monthslong trial beginning in August 2024 could stretch beyond the general election.

In a court filing Friday, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis wrote: "This proposed trial date balances potential delays from Defendant Trump's other criminal trials in sister sovereigns and the other Defendants' constitutional speedy trial rights."

Apart from the Georgia case, the former president faces six scheduled criminal and civil trials. That includes the ongoing civil business fraud case in New York.

The Georgia defendants will respond to the prosecutors' proposal, and then the Fulton County judge will set a trial date.

When asked about the trial schedule, Willis said at a Washington Post event earlier this week that she doesn't "expect that we will conclude until the winter or the very early part of 2025." That would mean the trial would run past the November 2024 election.

https://www.npr.org/2023/11/17/12138952 ... trial-date
August 4th would be better. A birthday present for Obama! ;) ;)
Tiredretiredlawyer

IMG_5373.jpeg
IMG_5373.jpeg (19.79 KiB) Viewed 11761 times
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Is that the evidence of the former guys torn up documents ? ;)
raison de arizona

Really American 🇺🇸 @ReallyAmerican1 wrote: 🚨BREAKING: Fulton County DA Fani Willis personally questions Trump co-defendant Harrison Floyd, seeking to revoke his bond amid accusations of intimidating witnesses through social media posts.

Floyd, indicted with Trump in the Georgia election interference case, faces a state racketeering charge and two felony counts for alleged involvement in a scheme to intimidate elections worker Ruby Freeman.

Willis filed a motion last week, alleging Floyd's breach of release terms. His lawyers argue the social media posts weren't intimidating, emphasizing Trump's similar posts with no repercussions. They challenge the state's decision, deeming it hard to justify given the lack of action against Trump.

The unprecedented move by DA Willis to directly question Floyd suggests heightened scrutiny, signaling the seriousness of the allegations.

The case takes a contentious turn as the defense points to Trump's influence on social media, questioning the consistency in the legal response to similar behaviors.
https://x.com/ReallyAmerican1/status/17 ... 19493?s=20
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Gotta say, the defense has a point. Except - Harrison isn't running for president. But I'd be happy with both of them getting locked up pending trial if they don't stfu.
raison de arizona

Defense won, Floyd remains free with a modification on his bond, haven't seen what it is yet.
raison de arizona

here is the modified bond order
► Show Spoiler
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

just for fun, I went over to astro.com and did this chart for the trial start date:
astro_2gw_georgia_election_trial.13966.173110.png
astro_2gw_georgia_election_trial.13966.173110.png (89.15 KiB) Viewed 11430 times
I need to interpret so hang tender folks
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
If they had plotted it on these coordinates, I might have some chance of understanding it..
smith-chart-an-ancient-device.jpg
smith-chart-an-ancient-device.jpg (87.35 KiB) Viewed 11387 times
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Nah, the red will hit the baulk cushion and cannon off the blue into the top left pocket.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Off Topic
Gods, it's been 25 years since I last used a circle diagram of impedance.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

*over-my-head emoji*

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:24 pm Nah, the red will hit the baulk cushion and cannon off the blue into the top left pocket.
:rotflmao:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

So Eastman wants to split the GA defendants up into 3 groups: 2 sets of 8, and 1 set of 1 (trump). He's also whining about his legal costs and not wanting to deplete his wife's retirement fund. Boo fricken hoo, Johnny.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”