💣 The Disastrous 118th Congress - MAGA Mike Johnson Saved by Shadow Speaker Hakeem Jeffries

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Suranis

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:59 pm
"I guess our shoulders hit. I did not run and hit the guy. I did not kidney punch him."
Of course not. You elbowed him into the upper back, not the Kidneys, while you were moving at a walking pace, not at a run.

"I did not have sexual relations" is the language these jerks speak.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

The 118th Congress with "My Kevin" McCarthy then "Fuc*ing Fuc*wad" Mike Johnson, Speaker of the House /Clowns

Post by bill_g »

I went to the Capital, and a hockey game broke out.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/3sw7131

Gifted.
SHREVEPORT, La. — Mike Johnson was an eager young lawyer, four years out of law school, when he stayed up until 5 a.m. one night poring over the details of a controversy roiling his hometown: the opening of a new strip club.

By the morning, he was so worked up about the issue, he said, that he appeared later that day at a Shreveport City Council meeting to implore city leaders to block the Deja Vu club from moving in downtown.

“I have done an exhaustive legal research on this matter, probably more than anyone,” he told municipal lawmakers in April 2002, according to minutes of the meeting. He argued that the arrival of another “sexually oriented business,” or “SOB” as he called it, would spread sexually transmitted diseases and other social ills.

Johnson’s pitch failed, and the club opened early the following year. But the dispute over Deja Vu proved to be a turning point for him. It marked the end of his short-lived career as a general practice lawyer and the beginning of his single-minded focus on the culture wars. The shift put him on the path to elected office, first in the Louisiana legislature and then in Congress, and ultimately last month to the House speakership.

The fight over the Deja Vu club also reveals deeper transformations in Johnson’s hometown that enhanced the power of religious conservatives and propelled his political career. Shreveport is Louisiana’s third-largest city and anchors the state’s 4th Congressional District, which covers the northwest quadrant of the state. Once solidly Democratic, the district began to change as industry contracted or left Shreveport in the 1980s. The downsizing of an AT&T plant left deep scars.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

There isn't one thing the Rs have done. Not one thing. Great campaign ad for the Dems though, they should harness it.
Brian Allen @allenanalysis wrote: Roy: Just one thing – I'm asking my Republican peers for a single achievement. Just one item that I can use to campaign, something to show what we've accomplished.

If anyone in the complex is listening, feel free to join me here on the floor and enlighten me about one substantial, impactful act accomplished by the Republican majority.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Chip Roy gets heated over spending strategy: ‘We’re pissing it all away’

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4311 ... press.coop
Rep. Chip Roy (R-Texas) got heated on the House floor on Wednesday afternoon, tearing into his Republican colleagues and GOP leadership over their approach to funding and policy battles — and grilling them for not being willing to force a shutdown in order to try to coerce Democrats into giving them policy concessions.

In a fiery, nearly one-hour floor speech, Roy argued that Republicans were doing a disservice to those honored with monuments in Washington, D.C. and who died for U.S. freedoms.

“We’re pissing it all away. We’re giving it away. All that they fought for, all of those freedoms, we are giving it away. Why? Because we’re too cowardly to stand up and do our job,” Roy said, shouting on the House floor. “‘Oh, no, a shutdown.’ Are you freaking kidding me? ‘Oh, we can’t have a shutdown heading into Thanksgiving, what will they say or do?’ How about we stand up and fight?”

Roy’s speech came after he and more than a dozen of the hardline conservative colleagues tanked a procedural vote on a funding bill in part over objections about it not including conservative policies they wanted, and partly in retaliation for the House GOP leadership pushing through a “clean” funding extension on Wednesday with the help of Democrats.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Give thanks.
Acyn @Acyn wrote: Casten: Next week, Americans will gather around their dinner tables and share what they're thankful for. I hope my Republican colleagues will reflect on how lucky you are to work with us House Democrats…
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

'There’s so much hypocrisy here': Joe reacts to Mike Johnson's 'depraved' America remarks

Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., weeks before becoming the new House speaker, during a prayer call hosted by a Christian-nationalist pastor called American culture "dark and depraved", according to new Rolling Stone reporting. Rep. Johnson said the country deserved God's wrath. The Morning Joe panel considers Rep. Johnson's remarks and what makes them so extreme.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Fake stories are getting thrown around again. Seriously, there are other women out there than Stormy.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2 ... en-stormy/
Americans are learning a lot about Rep. Mike Johnson, R-La., since his fellow Republicans named him speaker Oct. 25. But a viral rumor about Johnson and former adult film star Stormy Daniels is not credible.

"BREAKING FOX NEWS: Stormy Daniels admits to having a business relationship with Speaker Mike Johnson," said the Nov. 11 X post that got more than 1 million views and included side-by-side headshots of Johnson and Daniels.

Screenshots of the post quickly spread across Facebook, X, and TikTok with no sign they were posing as anything other than actual news.

But the post is not news — neither "breaking" nor "developing." It was created as satire. The X account that first posted the claim, @PatMaguire10, describes itself as an "unfiltered parody account." Other social media users saw the post and reshared it without that disclaimer.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'm gobsmacked by how many people share stuff without thought.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Well! Am I a worse person for wishing it were true? I really like Stormy,though, and want it to be false for her sake. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 1:47 pm Well! Am I a worse person for wishing it were true? I really like Stormy,though, and want it to be false for her sake. :biggrin:
Yeah, Johnson is too icky for her.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 am I'm gobsmacked by how many people share stuff without thought.
I'm gobsmacked by how many times I've told my sister that - and she just continues to do it.
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:34 am I'm gobsmacked by how many people share stuff without thought.
A young relative of mine started getting roped in on a lot of the surface Q stuff because as a former pre-teen and teenaged victim of grooming and sexual abuse first by friends of her stepbrother and then by a local neighborhood creep who was my age, she's very aggressive in fighting for child victims of violent or sexual abuse. It's gotten worse since she herself became a mom in her late 20s, a year and a half ago, after years of miscarriages. I had to explain to her that one can fight for children without being gullible and pulled on the one heartstring that registered past the Q-nonsense -- her adoration of my late mother, a professional child abuse investigator who had passed away after the pre-teen abuse but before the neighborhood creeper came along. She considered my Mom an extra grandmother and still invokes her name at family gatherings with a toast or a memory. I told her "Here's the links to all the agencies still out there that my mom worked with; try going to them first when you see a story or an allegation and poke around there to see what the professionals and the verified real community members working with them say." The only other supportive adult who has stayed with her through all her own troubles since her victimization -- the former ADA who put the neighborhood creeper in jail and has stayed in touch with my family since -- echoed my message. She took that as the way to find common ground rather than a shutting down of her valid fears, and has gotten a little more discerning.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:yeahthat:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

We have such good people here. ❤️
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Foggy wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 6:58 am We have such good people here. ❤️
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona

Mike Johnson Admits His High School Crew Would Have Lied About Their Gender to Perv on Teenage Girls
Johnson claimed his high school friend group would have faked trans status to presumably watch high school girls shower and undress

During a radio interview on KEEL News in 2016, Speaker Mike Johnson spoke against school accommodations for trans students, arguing that his high school "crew" would have used the accommodations to falsely claim to be trans in order to spy on high school girls in their locker rooms:
"Gender identity, no one knows what that means, and even an effort to define it is going, it can cause more problems. So, yeah, look Robert, I went to Captain Shreve High School. I graduated in 1990. My crew, my boys, I mean look. I can tell you, They would've said, 'Hey, next Thursday is gender identity day, man. You know, we're going to self-identify as girls, and we're going to be in be in the other locker room.' It opens it up to high jinks and all sorts of problems."
Johnson is revealing that his high school crew would have falsely claimed trans status to spy on teenage girls undressing and showering in their locker rooms. In other words, Johnson is arguing that because the high school friend group he belonged to were a bunch of perverts that he believes would have been willing to lie in order get access to teenage girls showering, trans students shouldn't be offered accommodations.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/mike-j ... nage-girls
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 12:56 pm
Mike Johnson Admits His High School Crew Would Have Lied About Their Gender to Perv on Teenage Girls
Johnson claimed his high school friend group would have faked trans status to presumably watch high school girls shower and undress

During a radio interview on KEEL News in 2016, Speaker Mike Johnson spoke against school accommodations for trans students, arguing that his high school "crew" would have used the accommodations to falsely claim to be trans in order to spy on high school girls in their locker rooms:
"Gender identity, no one knows what that means, and even an effort to define it is going, it can cause more problems. So, yeah, look Robert, I went to Captain Shreve High School. I graduated in 1990. My crew, my boys, I mean look. I can tell you, They would've said, 'Hey, next Thursday is gender identity day, man. You know, we're going to self-identify as girls, and we're going to be in be in the other locker room.' It opens it up to high jinks and all sorts of problems."
Johnson is revealing that his high school crew would have falsely claimed trans status to spy on teenage girls undressing and showering in their locker rooms. In other words, Johnson is arguing that because the high school friend group he belonged to were a bunch of perverts that he believes would have been willing to lie in order get access to teenage girls showering, trans students shouldn't be offered accommodations.
https://www.meidastouch.com/news/mike-j ... nage-girls
So because he's a perv asshole . . . everyone is a perv asshole?

Check.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It's all projection with these people.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Resume18 wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 1:33 pm
So because he's a perv asshole . . . everyone is a perv asshole?

Check.
Its relating to the scenario as envisioned by the rules that people are insisting on to please 0.0000000002% of people - that people can chose to change their gender at will. So I could declare I am a woman for 15 minutes to go in and gawp at women in various states of undress.

Which, frankly is true.

And yes, the feelings of the women in the dressing room are not relevant because they are lower down on the victim totem pole. If I feel like a woman for 15 minutes I can wander in. And boy, would I feel like a woman. And I'm not being facetious, the rules they are talking about are literally saying if I decide to change my gender for 15 minutes I would be allowed in a Woman's dressing room. The bad guys are saying those rules are unworkable in practice.

Yes, I am saying that men could LIE about thinking they are women to get a good look. How could I be so cynical?

*rest deleted*

And of course the feelings of the women in the dressing room are totally irrelevent because fuck Women. They are on the bottom of the victemhood totem pole.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

The alternative is to force these women to use the men's room. Shirely there is a happy medium here that will protect against pervs AND allow trans women the ability to not use the mens room?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Maybe allow Violent Rapists into women's Prisons because they now say they are women, because fuck the objections of Women and just fuck Women in general. Sounds like a good compromise to me.

Example 1 from 2018 https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... d-for-life

Example 2 from 2023 https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/202 ... n-scotland
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Current Politics”