Another Moran follows in Lakin's footsteps

majorbabs

Postby majorbabs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:57 am

So, he's pleased about the visit from the Secret Service because that means someone was watching his video. Well, yeah, watching and calling the authorities to make sure they knew about a mentally unbalanced birthing ex-service man making plans to drive to DC to arrest the president. At least now we know he is on their watch list and I hope they make soon he on a list of people not eligible to buy a gun. He and his family have no income and he's probably right about having a hard time getting hired. It seems he was having some kind of fantasy about following in Lakin's footsteps, making a bold birthing stand (going to arrest the president) and wait for the checks to roll into a support fund like the Lakin's have. It doesn't sound like he has given up on that idea yet. At least he has some understanding that the next visit from the Secret Service might not be so pleasant. At the same time, it's not clear what kind of deterrence that might be.

Ah yes, money. From the P&E article:"I have a personal responsibility to my family, but as a person and a citizen who was deeply involved from the separation from the military and as a citizen here in the state, we have only so many resources. [highlight]As far as the country itself, people who are involved in politics or who are concerned about some of the things going on in the country, there isn’t any reason why they can’t put their money together and support military people who have spoken out. Mr. Lakin is one, and there’s me, and there are others. I don’t see anything wrong with that[/highlight]. I’m really hesitant to ask people because it just seems kind-of wrong, but if anybody was willing to help us, my wife and I would accept it. "I agree, this country should support folks who either are in or were in the military -- the ones who have put our country first, the ones who have served with honor, the ones who are true patriots who support the Constitution and the rights of ALL Americans. Too bad for Moran and Lakin, they are not these "ones". Moran deserves everything bad that is coming his way.

esseff44

Postby esseff44 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:15 am

As someone else noted, he also has some kind of Christian persecution complex. In other words, he can't go around condemning and persecuting people for not being Christians and for being gay without getting into trouble and that is eating at him. He made a reference to the story of a Texas high school student who got in trouble for being a Christian. I don't think it happened the way Moran described it. I found the link to the Fox News story on Rudy's website:[/break1]foxnews.com/us/2011/09/22/texas-school-punishes-boy-for-opposing-homosexuality/]http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/22/te ... sexuality/

rajah

Postby rajah » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:40 am

He will be a man to watch in a few months when he hasn't got a job and everything is going wrong. He will, of course, blame President Obama and that will really be the time to worry about him.Regards .........Dick

Adrianinflorida

Postby Adrianinflorida » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:34 am

Threats made against those under Secret Service protection may be reported to [/break1]secretservice.gov/faq.shtml#faq4]the local Secret Service's field office; in this case, its telephone number is [/break1]secretservice.gov/field_offices.shtml#n]402-965-9670.

I did just that a few weeks back, to the D.C. office, since I'm not in the country any longer

Bran Mak Morn

Postby Bran Mak Morn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:24 am

Sometimes, in an off moment, I wonder if Moran is actually acting this out and it's all a sting operation to catch rogue birthers...Then I think, the government wouldn't be smart enough to do that.

TollandRCR

Postby TollandRCR » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:09 am

Well, count me as one who sees "evil" as a synonym for "mentally ill" or maybe "insane". Sorry, "evil" is a religious, magical dx, IMO. [-(

[offtopic]Atheists would disagree. [link]Do atheists have morals?,http://www.askanatheist.org/morals.html[/link] They argue that because their morality is not based on a fear of punishment from some dictating deity, "The morality of atheists is in a sense more noble by definition than the morality of theists."

Kohlberg and Gilligan would each argue that our sense of morality comes from our interactions with other people and that morality can be learned in the process of socialization. The ethically disgraced Marc Hauser argued that a rudimentary sense of morality is found in all social animals.

It is an important point, because "treating" evil people as if they were ill has little or no effect on their behavior. Both Hitler and Casey Anthony would be the same even if they had been on Freud's couch for years. Punishment might have had an effect, at least on Casey, but more importantly, they would have been isolated from society for a while and unable to commit their crimes. It's hard to imagine a Nazi Germany had Hitler been in prison for conspiracy, assault, and sedition from 1921 throughout the 1930's.[/offtopic]

Plutodog

Postby Plutodog » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:30 am

Well, count me as one who sees "evil" as a synonym for "mentally ill" or maybe "insane". Sorry, "evil" is a religious, magical dx, IMO. [-(

[offtopic]Atheists would disagree. [link]Do atheists have morals?,http://www.askanatheist.org/morals.html[/link] They argue that because their morality is not based on a fear of punishment from some dictating deity, "The morality of atheists is in a sense more noble by definition than the morality of theists."

Kohlberg and Gilligan would each argue that our sense of morality comes from our interactions with other people and that morality can be learned in the process of socialization. The ethically disgraced Marc Hauser argued that a rudimentary sense of morality is found in all social animals.

It is an important point, because "treating" evil people as if they were ill has little or no effect on their behavior. Both Hitler and Casey Anthony would be the same even if they had been on Freud's couch for years. Punishment might have had an effect, at least on Casey, but more importantly, they would have been isolated from society for a while and unable to commit their crimes. It's hard to imagine a Nazi Germany had Hitler been in prison for conspiracy, assault, and sedition from 1921 throughout the 1930's.[/offtopic]

[offtopic]I'm not talking against morals, nor am I suggesting all insane folks can be treated. Some have to be locked up for the protection of society. What I'm arguing against is the supernatural being of evilness that requires some supernatural being of goodness or exorcising or righteous hate of a being who simply chooses to be inhumane to humanity like they were freely choosing from the desert menu.[/offtopic]
We are not sinners. We are not abominations. We were not born broken, and we do not need salvation. We have embraced our right to think beyond the boundaries of religion. We are living and loving our lives free from faith. -- Sarah Morehead

majorbabs

Postby majorbabs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:44 am

least now we know he is on their watch list and I hope they make soon he on a list of people not eligible to buy a gun.

He might have got hisself on the no-fly list too.

If only we could find a way to get Orly on the no-fly list as well. :(

Addie

Postby Addie » Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

From [/break1]blogspot.com/2011/09/former-air-force-ssgt-daryn-moran-says.html?showComment=1317187691105#c7110002198385958997]ORYR:

UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Daryn, and want to share, very briefly, what has happened, and where he is in his thinking right now. Two Secret Service agents visited his parents first and then met with Daryn at his home. From what I gathered from our conversation, they explained to him that he can go to DC, he can have meetings about his beliefs, he can state what he believes, but he cannot threaten the "president." They also explained that stating that one is going to arrest the president is a form of threat, so he is not allowed to do that.He is presently weighing his options, and is not entirely certain what his next step will be, but he said he is thankful for the meeting he had with the agents, as they were able to provide a lot of needed information for him. He will be issuing further statements soon, both through interviews for written articles and follow-up videos. I just wanted everyone to know that he and his family are fine, and he is not, presently, driving to DC to arrest Obama. - Dean Haskins, BirtherSummit.org

Shut up! We can't hear the mimes! -Jacques Prévert, Les Enfants du Paradis

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.

Postby Dallasite » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 am

He and his family have no income and he's probably right about having a hard time getting hired.

The reason he will have a hard time finding a new job is he has decided he will tell prospective employers about his hatred of homosexuals and Muslims and his plans to arrest the President. He stated this in either one of his videos or interviews.

majorbabs

Postby majorbabs » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:06 am

One of the last comments I read at Moran's youtube page was one that mentioned that his actions could draw the attention of Child Welfare folks who could easily take his children away because he appears unstable and could pose a threat to the safety of those around him. It was posted literally minutes before Moran took down his video. I wonder if this was the real reason he removed the video when he did. After all, his visit from the SS happened almost 18 hours earlier and during that time he was responding to comments. If the visit really affected him, I would think he would have taken his video down immediately. I'd like to think the comments about Child Welfare service hit home with Moran and made him really stop and think about the consequences of his behavior for the first time. It's easy to say "I'd die for my cause" -- especially when you don't think it could really happen. But when you realize that there are other, more probable consequences that are as bad if not worse than dying ....

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:10 am

Oh goodie! Evidence of collusion between Haskin-Robbins and Moran. :P

Bran Mak Morn

Postby Bran Mak Morn » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

I wonder if it was youtube, and not Moran, which pulled the videos?

realist

Postby realist » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:24 am

Oh goodie! Evidence of collusion between Haskin-Robbins and Moran. :P

:lol:

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:25 am

(respectfully snipped)

[edit]Edited to Add: After reconsidering this, I think they came to the door at 3 AM because the lights in the house came on at 3 AM. If you were in Omaha and wanted to be in Denver around 1 or so mountain time, you'd have to be on the road west by not much later than 5, maybe earlier coz you might have to stop for gas and have a potty break. Moran didn't say they woke him up, did he?[/edit]

"This was the night"

Chilling.

I think it's quite possible they prevented a horrific event.

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:26 am

I wonder if it was youtube, and not Moran, which pulled the videos?

If you click the link, it says it was removed by the user. The video was reposted by others, but those have been reported to youtube.

June bug

Postby June bug » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:29 am

Crikey! Look at this comment from Anonymous at ORYR:

Maybe Mr. Moran should request to talk to the president, one on one or even by phone. (I assume that's a step that's not threatening.) If the president refuses, then the situation becomes much more clear.

Oh yeah...because President Obama certainly hasn't anything more important to do than take personal meetings or phone calls with every Tom, Dick or Moran who wants to harass him, so if he refuses one, he's got to be guilty! How do these people live without any functioning brain cells? ](*,)

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:32 am

Crikey! Look at this comment from Anonymous at ORYR:

Maybe Mr. Moran should request to talk to the president, [highlight]one on one[/highlight] or even by phone. (I assume that's a step that's not threatening.) If the president refuses, then the situation becomes much more clear.

Oh yeah...because President Obama certainly hasn't anything more important to do than take personal meetings or phone calls with every Tom, Dick or Moran who wants to harass him, so if he refuses one, he's got to be guilty! How do these people live without any functioning brain cells? ](*,)

Like the Secret Service is going to allow this nutcase anywhere near the President :roll:

mimi

Postby mimi » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:45 am

For a meeting with the President, Moran should charge "into heavy gunfire in the darkness of an Afghanistan valley to rescue comrades under attack from Taliban insurgents". Not just once, but five times. Then, ask to have a beer with the President.[imgwidth=350]http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/09/14/t1larg.potusmeyerbeer.jpg[/imgwidth]Until then... Daryn Moran can FOAD.added the nice pic.

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:53 am

One of the last comments I read at Moran's youtube page was one that mentioned that his actions could draw the attention of Child Welfare folks who could easily take his children away [highlight]because he appears unstable and could pose a threat to the safety of those around him[/highlight]. It was posted literally minutes before Moran took down his video. I wonder if this was the real reason he removed the video when he did. After all, his visit from the SS happened almost 18 hours earlier and during that time he was responding to comments. If the visit really affected him, I would think he would have taken his video down immediately. I'd like to think the comments about Child Welfare service hit home with Moran and made him really stop and think about the consequences of his behavior for the first time. It's easy to say "I'd die for my cause" -- especially when you don't think it could really happen. But when you realize that there are other, more probable consequences that are as bad if not worse than dying ....

Or that his actions are putting his children and family at risk, from both sides:

(comment on ORYR)

Anonymous said...[Reply]

I'm going to shoot Daryn Moran before he has a chance to hurt the president. This guy needs to have a bullet placed squarely between his eyes.

He's going down.

September 26, 2011 3:48 PM

Anonymous said...[Reply]

Anonymous at 6.42Pm. Have the police come get me. Daryn Moran is a dead man.

September 26, 2011 7:31 PM

Also ...

Obama will be isolated in his own 6x10 foot cell for security reasons. It will not be a "Super Max" cell like at Denver, but probably a military facility.

He still knows where the nukes are buried inside and outside of the US.

conservativegramma said...[Reply]

@Anonymous @ 3:06 PM

Regarding your statement: "He still knows where the nukes are buried inside and outside of the U.S." etc. etc. among other top secret info he has. This is precisely why a jail cell isn't going to cut it IMO. He needs to be executed for treason for national security reasons.

This of course AFTER being duly arrested, tried and CONVICTED first. Just in case any of you nutballs out there misinterpret my statement as 'threatening the President' as happened with the intellectually challenged owner of Free Republic a few months ago.

September 26, 2011 7:41 PM

Myron

Postby Myron » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 am

In my younger dumber days, I was involved in an elaborate practical joke that tangentally involved someone who should never have even known that the joke was taking place. Well, word did get back to him. And he was not pleased. And it turned out that his son was in the Secret Service. So...the perpetrators of the joke (me and some friends) got a call from an angry Secret Service agent. It was the most uncomfortable 15 minutes of my life. We did nothing illegal and certainly nothing illegal on a federal level. This was more or less a personal call. But I still was sweating like a maniac and begging forgiveness.I can't imagine having the Secret Service show up to my house in the middle of the night. I would have to be institutionalized afterwards.

TexasFilly

Postby TexasFilly » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:00 am

In my younger dumber days, I was involved in an elaborate practical joke that tangentally involved someone who should never have even known that the joke was taking place. Well, word did get back to him. And he was not pleased. And it turned out that his son was in the Secret Service. So...the perpetrators of the joke (me and some friends) got a call from an angry Secret Service agent. It was the most uncomfortable 15 minutes of my life. We did nothing illegal and certainly nothing illegal on a federal level. This was more or less a personal call. But I still was sweating like a maniac and begging forgiveness.I can't imagine having the Secret Service show up to my house in the middle of the night. I would have to be institutionalized afterwards.

:shock: Yes, but you are presumably sane. Visits from the Secret Service haven't deterred Pasture Manning (much) or Cordwood (at all).

Emma

Postby Emma » Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:02 am

(sorry but) :lol:Maybe that's why it was 18 hours before Moron removed the youtube video; it took him that long to get out of the bathroom.

Return to “Lesser Lights”