George Santos (R-NY) and his imaginative (but dishonest) résumé

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

https://x.com/MrSantosNY/status/1725182 ... 12783?s=20
George Santos @MrSantosNY wrote: If there was a single ounce of ETHICS in the “Ethics committee”, they would have not released this biased report. The Committee went to extraordinary lengths to smear myself and my legal team about me not being forthcoming (My legal bills suggest otherwise).

It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk. Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves.

We the People desperately need an Article V Constitutional Convention.

We are quickly approaching $34 trillion dollars in debt, the government is continuously on the verge of a shutdown, our southern border is wide open, our current President is the head of an influence peddling crime family, and all this Congress wants to do is attack their political enemies with tit for tat unconstitutional censures, impeachments, expulsions and ethics investigations. THE TIME IS NOW FOR THE STATES TO RISE UP AND COMMENCE AN ARTICLE V CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION!

I’ve come to expect vitriol like this from political opposition but not from the hallowed halls of public service.

I will remain steadfast in fighting for my rights and for defending my name in the face of adversity. I am humbled yet again and reminded that I am human and I have flaws, but I will not stand by as I am stoned by those who have flaws themselves. I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed. I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time.

Public service life was never a goal or a dream, but I stepped up to the occasion when I felt my country needed it most. I will 100% continue to maintain my commitment to my conservative values in my remaining time in Congress.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Hope Kitara enjoys the Hermes.

I need to find out who's on that Ethics Committee. Santos probably doesn't have enough juice to get any dirt on anyone, and even Cawthorne's orgy statements didn't gain much traction. After this, I wonder if they will *still* keep him. I also wonder if the Rs joining the Ds on the Ethics Committee for a unanimous finding will make him all pissy and cease to be a reliable vote for them. So. Much. Drama.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:48 pm I need to find out who's on that Ethics Committee.
Republicans
Chairman Michael Guest, Mississippi
David P. Joyce, Ohio
John H. Rutherford, Florida
Andrew R. Garbarino, New York
Michelle Fischbach, Minnesota

Democrats
Ranking Member Susan Wild, Pennsylvania
Veronica Escobar, Texas
Mark DeSaulnier, California
Deborah K. Ross, North Carolina
Glenn F. Ivey, Maryland
101010 :towel:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:41 pm https://x.com/MrSantosNY/status/1725182 ... 12783?s=20
George Santos @MrSantosNY wrote: If there was a single ounce of ETHICS in the “Ethics committee”, they would have not released this biased report. The Committee went to extraordinary lengths to smear myself and my legal team about me not being forthcoming (My legal bills suggest otherwise).

It is a disgusting politicized smear that shows the depths of how low our federal government has sunk. Everyone who participated in this grave miscarriage of Justice should all be ashamed of themselves.

We the People desperately need an Article V Constitutional Convention.

We are quickly approaching $34 trillion dollars in debt, the government is continuously on the verge of a shutdown, our southern border is wide open, our current President is the head of an influence peddling crime family, and all this Congress wants to do is attack their political enemies with tit for tat unconstitutional censures, impeachments, expulsions and ethics investigations. THE TIME IS NOW FOR THE STATES TO RISE UP AND COMMENCE AN ARTICLE V CONSTITUTIONAL CONVENTION!

I’ve come to expect vitriol like this from political opposition but not from the hallowed halls of public service.

I will remain steadfast in fighting for my rights and for defending my name in the face of adversity. I am humbled yet again and reminded that I am human and I have flaws, but I will not stand by as I am stoned by those who have flaws themselves. I will continue on my mission to serve my constituents up until I am allowed. I will however NOT be seeking re-election for a second term in 2024 as my family deserves better than to be under the gun from the press all the time.

Public service life was never a goal or a dream, but I stepped up to the occasion when I felt my country needed it most. I will 100% continue to maintain my commitment to my conservative values in my remaining time in Congress.
STFU.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Rolodex wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:48 pm Hope Kitara enjoys the Hermes.

I need to find out who's on that Ethics Committee. Santos probably doesn't have enough juice to get any dirt on anyone, and even Cawthorne's orgy statements didn't gain much traction. After this, I wonder if they will *still* keep him. I also wonder if the Rs joining the Ds on the Ethics Committee for a unanimous finding will make him all pissy and cease to be a reliable vote for them. So. Much. Drama.
It would be nice if he's pissed enough to not bother showing up for votes. But I'm sure to be disappointed.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Don't worry, he will be there. He is loving the attention.

Hell It wouldn't surprise me if he turns around and tells the press that people in his district have been begging him to run again, so he has magnanimously decided to run. That should be worth a few headlines.
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Suranis wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:08 pm Don't worry, he will be there. He is loving the attention.

Hell It wouldn't surprise me if he turns around and tells the press that people in his district have been begging him to run again, so he has magnanimously decided to run. That should be worth a few headlines.
Ugh. Can't we make politics boring again?
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I feel especially smart in that I said months ago that he never loaned his campaign $500k but wrote down he did so his campaign could pay him back.

Among his Onlyfans receipts and such it turns out he was doing exactly that.

It was a good grift that was spoiled when he won and started getting some serious attention he didn't count on. Much like Trump, actually.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Greg basking in being right yet again :thankyou:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Well, I'm doing pretty good at football this year, too.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

neonzx wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 7:41 am Image
oh eat shit george. I can't wait to hear trump whining about how horribly george santos is being treated.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 9:17 pm Greg basking in being right yet again :thankyou:
With Biscuit and Root Beer to advise him, he can’t go wrong. Maybe the degree from the London School of Economics helps too. :thumbsup:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Lying liars gotta lie.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Did I hear that right? He can peal a banana with his feet ? I dunno, why am I getting visions of Santos and Jacob Wahl doing some joint project on OnlyFans?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ethics Chairman Files Expulsion Resolution To Remove Santos.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congre ... rcna125690
House Ethics Committee Chairman Michael Guest, R-Miss., filed a resolution Friday morning to expel Rep. George Santos, R-N.Y., from Congress.

The resolution comes a day after the committee released a scathing report that concluded there is “substantial evidence” Santos “violated federal criminal laws,” including using campaign funds for personal purposes and filing false campaign reports.

“The evidence uncovered in the Ethics Committee’s Investigative Subcommittee investigation is more than sufficient to warrant punishment and the most appropriate punishment, is expulsion,” Guest said in a statement Friday. “So, separate from the Committee process and my role as Chairman, I have filed an expulsion resolution.”

Santos is "not fit to serve as a Member of the United States House of Representatives" because of "his egregious violations," the resolution said.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Earliest possible floor vote Tuesday after Thanksgiving, as I understand it from the legal talking heads.
raison de arizona

Can Johnson block the vote? He's already made noises about wanting to keep Santos. Dunno if this will change his tune.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:59 am Can Johnson block the vote? He's already made noises about wanting to keep Santos. Dunno if this will change his tune.
Haven't heard an answer to that. Closest I heard was one of the Rep NY House members saying that several weeks ago Johnson had said (on the first vote) "vote what you think is best for your consituents, as you see fit" or something.

More telling, I heard a good analysis this morning of how it's politically better for the R's if he goes now/soon, so that they get a chance to regroup, rather than waiting for next Nov and enduring a year of Santos trashing.

That convinced me that he will be gone PDQ.
raison de arizona

p0rtia wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:02 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 11:59 am Can Johnson block the vote? He's already made noises about wanting to keep Santos. Dunno if this will change his tune.
Haven't heard an answer to that. Closest I heard was one of the Rep NY House members saying that several weeks ago Johnson had said (on the first vote) "vote what you think is best for your consituents, as you see fit" or something.

More telling, I heard a good analysis this morning of how it's politically better for the R's if he goes now/soon, so that they get a chance to regroup, rather than waiting for next Nov and enduring a year of Santos trashing.

See that makes sense, which is why I question whether they will do it. :lol:
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Nothing like setting up a conflict between the R Ethics head and the Speaker.

Poor poor George. He's just a victim of all the terrible people around him! He did nothing wrong! He should take his grievance to Jim Jordan's weaponization of government committee. We can't let this travesty stand!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:05 pm
p0rtia wrote: Fri Nov 17, 2023 12:02 pm

See that makes sense, which is why I question whether they will do it. :lol:
As our dear Orly has been saying for months.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Santos communications director resigns following scathing Ethics report

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/4315 ... press.coop
Gabrielle Lipsky, the communications director for Rep. George Santos (R-N.Y.), has resigned from the congressman’s office, a source familiar with the situation confirmed to The Hill.

Lipsky resigned after the House Ethics Committee published a damning report following its investigation into Santos, which found “substantial evidence” that the New York Republican “violated federal criminal laws.”

Lipsky began serving in Santos’s congressional office in January 2023 after working on his congressional campaign from April 2022 through November 2022.

Semafor was the first to report her resignation.

Her resignation comes as Santos faces increased political pressure on Capitol Hill, with a third expulsion attempt on the horizon. Rep. Michael Guest (R-Miss.), the chairman of the Ethics panel, introduced a resolution to expel Santos on Friday. He could call the legislation to the floor as a privileged resolution when the House returns to Washington following the Thanksgiving holiday, which would force leadership to act on the measure within two legislative days.

“The evidence uncovered in the Ethics Committee’s Investigative Subcommittee investigation is more than sufficient to warrant punishment and the most appropriate punishment, is expulsion. So, separate from the Committee process and my role as Chairman, I have filed an expulsion resolution,” Guest wrote in a statement on Friday.

Additionally, Rep. Robert Garcia (D-Calif.) — who forced the first vote on expelling Santos, which ended with a referral to the Ethics panel — said he plans to submit a privileged resolution to oust Santos when the House returns on Nov. 28. Rep. Dan Goldman (D-N.Y.), who filed an Ethics complaint against Santos, said he plans to do the same.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Current Politics”