Photography

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Photography

Post by Shizzle Popped »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 1:22 pm Lovely color in the trees. I look out my front and back windows to the same kind of thing. It's been rainy and windy, and the leaves are really falling, but I'm hoping it will last another week. We will have our first frost tonight, so that will add to it. It has been a lovely fall with lots of nice color.
Our trees are actually just starting to turn but the way the sunrise was shining off of them this morning accentuated the colors perfectly.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Photography

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://mymodernmet.com/wire-hon-forced ... otography/
Clever Guy Uses Forced Perspective to Create Funny Interactions With Tiny Superhero Toys

computer isn’t the only way to produce fantastical images. Using tricks like forced perspective can make things magically change in scale, transforming them into seemingly much larger or smaller versions of themselves. Wire Hon shows just how effective this technique can be with his forced perspective photography of action figures.

Hon, a Malaysian toy collector, has cast various DC and Marvel superheroes to appear in his portraits. The Hulk, Batman, Superman, Deadpool, and Black Widow are made to look as tall has Hon and his family. Because the toys are seemingly the same size, Hon treats them like regular people. They are expected to help out with household chores like cleaning the back porch and using their superhuman strength to move a mattress. Though the superheroes often begrudgingly perform these tasks, they’re one big happy family and pose for a group photo. Considering that these are just toys, their size makes the images believable—and are a testament to Hon and his skill at using forced perspective.

It might seem like Hon uses special equipment to achieve these amusing photos, but the process is much more low-tech than that. He simply uses his smartphone and strategically angles it to create the illusion. Be sure to follow along with more of Hon and his superhero antics on Instagram.
wire-hon-forced-perspective-photos-12.jpg
wire-hon-forced-perspective-photos-12.jpg (60.1 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Photography

Post by Foggy »

Giggle. :lol:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Photography

Post by Foggy »

At the Nikon Small World Photomicrography Competition, I found this picture of some caffeine crystals. Be right back, gotta refill my covfefe!

The one of the breast cancer cells with a very obvious heart showing is pretty creepy. Cancer doesn't really love you. :roll:

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Photography

Post by AndyinPA »

Lots of cool ones there.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Photography

Those were Fabulous Fotos, Foggy!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Photography

Post by Slim Cognito »

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2023/11/ ... ards-2023/

Comedy wildlife, photography awards. Love the kangaroo rocking out.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Photography

Post by bill_g »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 8:42 pm https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2023/11/ ... ards-2023/

Comedy wildlife, photography awards. Love the kangaroo rocking out.

Foggy could get some fashion ideas there too also...

Tiredretiredlawyer

Photography

Link for the rooster photos. Foggy better up his game.

https://www.thisiscolossal.com/2018/03/ ... nchellini/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Photography

Post by RTH10260 »

Picture presentaion starts fairly deep down in the article
40 outrageous photos that changed fashion, from teenage Kate Moss to Twiggy in a mini and Lady Gaga’s meat dress
Leigh Bowery provoked, Dior’s elegant New Look inspired, Katharine Hamnett’s slogan T-shirts challenged: these are the shots that made the world see clothes differently

by Jess Cartner-Morley with captions by Chloe Mac Donnell
Sat 18 Nov 2023 08.00 CET

https://www.theguardian.com/fashion/202 ... ed-fashion
RTH10260

Photography

Post by RTH10260 »

SPECIAL EFFECTS SECRETS of Thunderbirds Models with Brian Johnson (Star Wars, Space:1999, Alien)

Century 21 Films
5 Aug 2023

Go behind the scenes of Thunderbirds and other Supermarionation shows with special effects expert Brian Johnson ('2001: A Space Odyssey', 'Space: 1999', 'Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back', 'Alien', 'The NeverEnding Story'). Using practical demonstrations, Brian lets you in on the tricks of his trade that he developed alongside Derek Meddings at Gerry and Sylvia Anderson's AP Films studio on series like 'Supercar', 'Fireball XL5', 'Stingray', and 'Thunderbirds'.

In this extended tutorial, Brian shares the techniques that created the iconic Century 21 Films' model effects style.

Tiredretiredlawyer

Photography

Cooool!
Chilidog

Photography

Post by Chilidog »

QUICK!!!

What color are the camals?
► Show Spoiler
RTH10260

Photography

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Photography

Post by AndyinPA »

"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260

Photography

Post by RTH10260 »

When you blink it has already happened, but this camera might catch the picture for you
World’s fastest camera shoots at 156.3 trillion frames per second

By Michael Irving
March 26, 2024

The new camera can reportedly capture events that occur in the realm of femtoseconds

Engineers at INRS Énergie Matériaux Télécommunications Research Centre in Canada have developed the world’s fastest camera, which can shoot at an astonishing 156.3 trillion frames per second (fps).

The best slow-mo cameras in phones are usually working with a few hundred fps. Professional cinematic cameras might use a few thousand, to achieve a smoother effect. But if you want to see what’s going on at the nanoscale, you’ll need to slow things way down, to the billions or even trillions of frames per second.

The new camera can reportedly capture events that occur in the realm of femtoseconds – quadrillionths of a second. For reference, there’s about as many of those in one second as there are seconds in 32 million years.

The researchers built on technology they developed as far back as 2014, known as compressed ultrafast photography (CUP) which could capture a now paltry-seeming 100 billion fps. The next stage was called T-CUP, with the T standing for “Trillion-frame-per-second” – which was, true to its word, capable of up to 10 trillion fps. And then in 2020, the team bumped it up to 70 trillion fps with a version called compressed ultrafast spectral photography (CUSP).

Now, the researchers have more than doubled it again, to a mind-boggling 156.3 trillion frames per second. The new camera system is called “swept-coded aperture real-time femtophotography” (SCARF), which can capture events that happen too fast for even the previous versions of the tech to see. That includes things like shock waves moving through matter or living cells.

https://newatlas.com/technology/scarf-w ... er-second/
Foggy
Dick Tater

Photography

Post by Foggy »

... Cave Johnson ... Aperture Science ... :shock:
Whatever4

Photography

Post by Whatever4 »

More pretty pictures.

Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Photography

Post by Flatpoint High »

Whatever4 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 4:47 am More pretty pictures.

wow! Ethereal
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Photography

Post by Flatpoint High »

My Solar Eclipse shot Broadway/W85th NYC:
IMG_3464.JPG
IMG_3464.JPG (234.1 KiB) Viewed 429 times
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Foggy
Dick Tater

Photography

Post by Foggy »

Oh, that's excellent, Flatpoint. Wow.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Photography

:clap: Brava!
Whatever4

Photography

Post by Whatever4 »

View of 2.4% moon over Portland ME, April 9. The reflection from Earth lights up the rest of the moon - Earthshine
IMG_2876.jpeg
IMG_2876.jpeg (172.42 KiB) Viewed 320 times
Gal Steinberg Photography
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Tiredretiredlawyer

Photography

:lovestruck:
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Photography

Post by bill_g »

What a great shot that is. A crisp moon image on a sunset scene over the stripes of color reflecting off the river. Stunning photo.

Return to “Arts, Music, Photography, and stuff like that”