State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
realist

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by realist »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:21 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Who does Trump think will carry out a citizen's arrest of Judge Engoron and AG James? If that post doesn't call for muzzling him with a gag order, nothing will.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Proud Boys ...
Nah. Buncha cowards.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Potential citizen's arresters might do well to remember that the NYC Police Department has 34,000 officers and another 20,000 civilian employees.

That does not include specialized city police forces independent of the NYPD like the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police, New York City Parks Enforcement Patrol, City University of New York Public Safety Dept, New York City Department of Health and Hospitals Police, etc, etc.......

Then there are the NYS police agencies. NYC has about 45% of the state's population so it has many state LEOs. Not to forget Federal law enforcement agencies.

New York City has the highest concentration of law enforcement officers in the United States.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

And despite all those LEOs, there might be one lunatic in the remaining population of Gotham who might try something stupid.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

bill_g wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:38 pm And despite all those LEOs, there might be one lunatic in the remaining population of Gotham who might try something stupid.
Sad but true.

I take some comfort that the NY State Courts have their own 4000 officer police department.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

bill_g wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:38 pm And despite all those LEOs, there might be one lunatic in the remaining population of Gotham who might try something stupid.
Nope, nope, nope... :fingerwag:

New York was the basis of Metropolis, Superman's city....

Batman's city, Gotham, was based on Newark....but with less crime....

I'll come in again... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Jerry Seigel and Joe Schuster were living in Cleveland when they created Superman. Some people here like to think that Cleveland is Metropolis.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

noblepa wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:10 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:57 pm

Jerry Seigel and Joe Schuster were living in Cleveland when they created Superman. Some people here like to think that Cleveland is Metropolis.
Don't forget Coast City (Green Lantern), St. Roch (Hawkman), Star City (Green Arrow), Opal City (Starman), Fawcett City (Captain Marvel/Shazam), Bludhaven (Nightwing), and Central City/Keystone City (Flash).
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lisa Rubin
@lawofruby

NEW: Team Trump has now filed their promised mistrial motion on the public docket, and it is largely predicated on their observations of the interactions between Judge Engoron and his principal law clerk as well as her campaign contribution history. 1/

And while Engoron’s limited gag order remains in effect, it lists her name. It reprints her campaign contribution history. And it contains her picture. 2/

Why am I telling you this? Because on November 6, after Judge Engoron heard out Team Trump about their planned mistrial motion, he told them he didn’t “want to hear it in front of hundreds of people” and instructed them instead to submit it as a proposed order to show cause, a specific procedural mechanism for triggering a hearing. 3/

Not only did Alina Habba pledge to make that motion “in a delicate manner,” but I understood him to be instructing Trump’s team to submit their proposed order and motion directly to his chambers.

That way, he could determine whether to hear the motion publicly and/or whether Trump’s supporting papers, which, as filed, seem to violate the very gag order they are protesting, should be redacted or sealed.

That Engoron met with each side privately yesterday cannot be ignored; it’s possible, for example, that Team Trump previewed the contents of its motion for him and filed today with his knowledge and permission.

But right now, without further clarification, it appears they publicly filed their mistrial motion, brief, and supporting affidavits without such permission—and in a way that likely triggers another violation of the same gag order they claim exemplifies Engoron’s bias.
https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... 5Oq9DwXg==

(I don't know if there will be more to this thread. The last update to it was only 3 minutes ago.)
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 10:32 pm That does not include specialized city police forces independent of the NYPD like the New York City Department of Environmental Protection Police, New York City Parks Enforcement Patrol, City University of New York Public Safety Dept, New York City Department of Health and Hospitals Police, etc, etc.......
:thumbsup:

It's an evergreen topic for NYC newspaper articles to marvel at how many different state and federal police forces there are with jurisdiction and a presence in New York City. I'm old enough now to have seen articles in this vein a number of times, but I never fail to be astounded.

With a little effort most people can come up with a few: FBI, Secret Service, NYS Court Officers, NY State Police, Post Office Police, Sanitation Police, etc., but the actual number is north of 30, including, to pick a couple of the ones that few would guess, NYS Forest Rangers and the Smithsonian Police (for the Cooper Hewitt (Carnegie Mansion) and the Museum of the American Indian in the old Custom House at Bowling Green.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

National Park Police at Grant's Tomb?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Did You Know There Are 12 National Park Sites That Surround The Port of New York City?

https://www.nps.gov/npnh/index.htm
These 12 sites preserve more than 400 years of American history! We invite you to explore the past and investigate its relevance in our lives today. From the birth of American democracy to the evolution of commerce, harbor defense, ecology and immigration, the breadth of themes commemorated through the National Parks of New York Harbor reflect the richness and diversity of our heritage.
Yes, this is one of them-
General Grant National Memorial
The final resting place of President Ulysses S. Grant and his wife, Julia, is the largest mausoleum in North America.
Also-
Ellis Island National Immigration Museum
Over 12 million immigrants passed through the halls of Ellis Island between 1892 and 1954.

Statue of Liberty National Monument
A gift of friendship from the people of France to the United States and is recognized as a universal symbol of freedom and democracy.

Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace
Theodore Roosevelt, the 26th President of the United States, lived at this site from his birth on October 27, 1858 until he was 14 years old

Castle Clinton National Monument
Located at the southern tip of Manhattan Island, Castle Clinton stands where New York City began, and represents the growth of the city.

Governors Island National Monument
From 1794 to 1966, the U.S. Army on Governors Island was part of the social, political, and economic tapestry of New York City.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Gregg wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:18 pm National Park Police at Grant's Tomb?
That's a good one, but it's easy for me. Before I moved to Massachusetts a few years ago, I spent most of my life in Morningside Heights. Grant's Tomb has always been part of my stomping grounds.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

You stomped on Grant's tomb? :lol: :lol:
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Not only that, I rode my bike over the front plaza and all around the grounds, first as a child and then occasionally in the last three decades, usually on weekend mornings, when traffic was light on Riverside Drive. I would ride up to Washington Heights and return on the Hudson River Greenway.

I've always been moved by the crypt level: the busts of generals Sherman, Sheridan, Thomas, McPherson and Ord look down on the raised sarcophagi of Grant and his wife.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrum ... 5087260138
Why doesn’t the implosion of the A.G. of New York State’s Star Witness end this Witch Hunt. He admitted on the stand that he lied, and that I NEVER TOLD HIM, OR ANYONE ELSE, TO INFLATE THE NUMBERS. In fact, the numbers are low, or very conservative, the exact opposite of what this ridiculous RIGGED case is all about. THE FRAUD IS BY THE JUDGE & A.G. (Mar-a-Lago & more!), NOT BY ME!!!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

A couple more handfuls of straw, and you can make a broom Don.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status ... 7991694342
Frank G. Runyeon
@frankrunyeon
NEW: Trump files emergency suit vs. Justice Engoron with appellate court seeking to overturn his gag orders.

"Supreme Court's gag orders entered during the non-jury trial in the underlying proceeding are unconstitutional, and sanctions imposed" violate law.
Docket sheet is here (but I doubt that that it's a permanent url).

Trump's Article 78 Petition.

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... 70onzKkQ==

NYAG letter-brief in opposition

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef ... Quh1RlmA==

As usual with NYS court filings, there are voluminous exhibits.

You'll get the gist by reading the NYAG's 5-page letter.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Now this could be interesting:

https://twitter.com/frankrunyeon/status ... 579754232
Frank G. Runyeon
@frankrunyeon
Now: A select few from the press learned about oral arguments happening in the gilded appellate courthouse uptown right now.

We've been led to a small conference room with red carpets and oversize portraits of former judges. The judge enters. We begin.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Breaking: Associate Justice David Friedman temporarily lifted Justice Engoron's gag orders on Donald Trump and his attorneys in the AG's civil fraud case.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Jesus. Fucking. Krist.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

WTF, can you really just threaten court staff with no repercussions? Seriously?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Are they waiting for someone to be attacked, possibly killed?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Any particular reason he lifted the gag order? They're not uncommon in civil cases as far as I know. I was under one for about 6 months recently (well, I guess forever since it's in the final judgment we can't talk about the settlement) and ours was a relatively piddly little case.
bob

Post by bob »

sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:39 pm Any particular reason he lifted the gag order?
It appears to be a temporary stay pending appeal. In effect, it returns things to state-quo ante, until the full appeal can be briefed and argued.
Image ImageImage
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

bob wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:52 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:39 pm Any particular reason he lifted the gag order?
It appears to be a temporary stay pending appeal. In effect, it returns things to state-quo ante, until the full appeal can be briefed and argued.
So he can or can't say anything about the Judge's staff?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”