State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Chilidog

State of New York vs Trump, et al - the civil fraud case against the Trump Organization

Post by Chilidog »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 8:02 pm
Estiveo wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:35 pm Dammit, now I want a slurpee.
Nothing is estoppeling you, Estiveo.

:bag:
:faint: :faint: :faint: :rolleye: :rolleye: :notworthy:
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:17 pm
NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:08 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Sat Nov 11, 2023 3:31 am "transactional lawyer" — I learnt a new term today! :thumbsup: Thx chancery!
We need a “Legal Word or Expression of the Day” topic, while all these trials are going on—stuff like “interlocutory appeal,” “surreply,” etc.
A "surreply" is a crushed ice beverage you get at the 7-11 next door to the law office, right? What do I win? What do I win?
:rotflmao:
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

Just finished reading the notes of Don Jr.'s testimony today. Apparently the judge is allowing in anything the defendant wants to introduce, which is mostly irrelevant testimony and documents. My experience in Judge trials is when you are winning every argument and every document comes in, you have lost, and lost big time. The judge just wants to make it appeal proof. I had to explain that to clients on more than one occasion, but it's never fun. You end up sitting there, making and losing objection after objection. (I once got a judge to let me just raise my hand for him to note and overrule my objection. It took too long to stand every time and state it on the record.)
What the defense is doing is not lawyering, it's simply performance art for one person and the one person in question isn't the judge.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Fiascoist wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:03 pm Just finished reading the notes of Don Jr.'s testimony today. Apparently the judge is allowing in anything the defendant wants to introduce, which is mostly irrelevant testimony and documents. My experience in Judge trials is when you are winning every argument and every document comes in, you have lost, and lost big time. The judge just wants to make it appeal proof. I had to explain that to clients on more than one occasion, but it's never fun. You end up sitting there, making and losing objection after objection. (I once got a judge to let me just raise my hand for him to note and overrule my objection. It took too long to stand every time and state it on the record.)
What the defense is doing is not lawyering, it's simply performance art for one person and the one person in question isn't the judge.
It seemed like it all promo videos today. Like a time share presentation. I think the judge will let everything in to, as you say, appeal-proof it. I think he even said as much, iirc. It might dazzle a jury, but the Trumps love their blankie of a lush video saying how wonderful their stuff is. I can see how winning would feel like losing when you have to sit there and listen to all that garbage that's discussed and admitted. I can take the long view, though! Winning! We'll be happy to sue y'all into oblivion, Jr.

Personal aside, Jr mentioned Doonbeg, in Ireland. As it happens I visited there in June 2014. Trump bought it in Feb 2014, so I doubt they had done much as far as physical changes. I didn't even know it was a Trump property - no signage, etc (I just went back through my photos to double check). It was a lovely property in a gorgeous setting; it appears on the website now to look just as it did when I was there - so at least it hasn't (at least on the photos available) trumpified it into tackiness. Idk about the golf course as I don't play golf, but from the little I saw it looked just like the other (nearby, non-trump) course the rest of my family was playing).
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:00 pm Personal aside, Jr mentioned Doonbeg, in Ireland. As it happens I visited there in June 2014. Trump bought it in Feb 2014, so I doubt they had done much as far as physical changes. I didn't even know it was a Trump property - no signage, etc (I just went back through my photos to double check).
I know this is going to shock you, but its been losing money for years since he bought it. This article is from 2021, but when FATUS stopped off at it for a few minutes this year, everyone descried it as his "loss making" resort, so things haven't changed much. All told, its lost 16.4 Million euros since 2014.

Of course, he slapped a valuation on it of $50 Million Dollars in April. :rotflmao:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/1 ... t-results/
Hic sunt dracones
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Suranis wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:27 pm
Rolodex wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:00 pm Personal aside, Jr mentioned Doonbeg, in Ireland. As it happens I visited there in June 2014. Trump bought it in Feb 2014, so I doubt they had done much as far as physical changes. I didn't even know it was a Trump property - no signage, etc (I just went back through my photos to double check).
I know this is going to shock you, but its been losing money for years since he bought it. This article is from 2021, but when FATUS stopped off at it for a few minutes this year, everyone descried it as his "loss making" resort, so things haven't changed much. All told, its lost 16.4 Million euros since 2014.

Of course, he slapped a valuation on it of $50 Million Dollars in April. :rotflmao:

https://www.rte.ie/news/business/2021/1 ... t-results/
Oh gosh, here's my shocked face. :bored:

It's quite remote. Just checked the website, and the rooms were going for €240 which is pretty cheap for a "5 star luxury" property. Even the villas were only around €350/night. There's kind of nothing around there, so if you don't golf, you can...watch netflix or read a book. I'll bet he got a deal because it was losing money and he thought he could turn it around. I don't know who built it, but in Ireland, you could stay in an actual castle that looks like a castle instead of a new building that looks like a castle. It seemed like a pretty small "resort." I think pretty much all golf course everywhere lose money and I doubt the hotel makes up for any losses.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 11:32 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:17 pm
NewMexGirl wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:08 pm

We need a “Legal Word or Expression of the Day” topic, while all these trials are going on—stuff like “interlocutory appeal,” “surreply,” etc.
A "surreply" is a crushed ice beverage you get at the 7-11 next door to the law office, right? What do I win? What do I win?
:rotflmao:
They go nicely with a fresh-baked tort.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

roadscholar: They go nicely with a fresh-baked tort.
Only cherry torts are recognized in chancery courts.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:34 amBazar?
So bazar!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 11:35 am
So bazar!
How bazar?

"every time I look around... every time I look around... it's in my face."
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

We need to work bazar and stollen into a sentence :biggrin: ;)
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

How about The Trump merchandise was stollen from the bazar.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Fiascoist wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:25 pm How about The Trump merchandise was stollen from the bazar.
Needz "fake".

But who'd fake Trumpcrap?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

"It will be handled."
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Alina Habba hints that she is “already all over” going after Judge Engoron, his staff, and Letitia James for prosecuting Trump.

Habba: “It’ll be handled.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

what's the term --- words making the heavy lifting :?:

"IFF THERE IS A RECOURSE"
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

It's the knock-off version of Mazars, his old accountants.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Her background in parking garage law has prepared her well.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Who does Trump think will carry out a citizen's arrest of Judge Engoron and AG James? If that post doesn't call for muzzling him with a gag order, nothing will.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

SuzieC wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Who does Trump think will carry out a citizen's arrest of Judge Engoron and AG James? If that post doesn't call for muzzling him with a gag order, nothing will.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Proud Boys ...
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was going to say Gomer but couldn’t find a gif.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:39 pm I was going to say Gomer but couldn’t find a gif.
:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:21 pm
SuzieC wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:17 pm Who does Trump think will carry out a citizen's arrest of Judge Engoron and AG James? If that post doesn't call for muzzling him with a gag order, nothing will.
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Proud Boys ...
Stand back and stand by.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”