INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Gregg

INDICTED (INDICATED) #4 - Quadfecta! Perfecta? - Judge Scott McAfee - Georgia v. Trump ET AL - P01135809- Fani Willis

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:57 pm A guy who scammed $100 off someone will get more jail time than these idiots. "Everyone is equal before the law" my ass.
It would be a little easier to swallow
Bill Shakespeare in Henry V wrote: If little faults, proceeding on distemper,
Shall not be wink'd at, how shall we stretch our eye
When capital crimes, chew'd, swallow'd and digested,
Appear before us?
Except they screamed all the time about being persecuted by a 2 tiered Justice System.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:29 pm Also.

Phuck you Jenna Ellis.

You admitted that everyone around you were the only ones who knew that you were taking the fall.

I'm with Nicole Wallace, who threw the best shade of the day when she asked if you didn't know how to use Google.
I’m lost.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

That didn't take long.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... skbar&ei=4
Sidney Powell pushes claims that 2020 election was rigged and prosecutors 'extorted' her after she pleaded guilty to election
Scumbag.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Resume18 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:06 pm That didn't take long.

Sidney Powell pushes claims that 2020 election was rigged and prosecutors 'extorted' her after she pleaded guilty to election
Scumbag.
She says she was "extorted" into a guilty plea by Willis. And she's still pushing election fraud claims on twitter. I think they sanctioned her, but the Texas bar (and/or wherever else she's licensed) needs to Eastman her (disbarment). If she's feeling put upon by Willis, I wonder if that will affect the testimony against everyone else that she must provide. Hope they hold her feet to the fire and one step wrong and boom! Fulton Co lock up.

These nutters need a serious time out.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm sorry, didn't her plea agreement very specifically say "thou shalt not say a damn thing to anyone" ?

Has Sydney come back less than a week after accidentally doing something smart and proved she still has plenty of Kraken level stupidity left?

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Scumbag.
IANAL, but isn't it perjury to plead guilty to a crime, when, in fact, you don't believe that you did anything wrong? Pleading guilty is a formal statement to the court that, "yes, I did commit this(these) crime(s)".

There are ways to plead without admitting guilt. I believe that it is called an Alford plea, in which you admit no wrong, but recognize that the prosecution has sufficient evidence to make a conviction inevitable.

If it doesn't constitute perjury, it should.

Why would the prosecutors "extort" her AFTER her guilty plea? I can see her arguing that she was extorted into taking the plea deal, although I would quibble with her application of the word "extort" in this case. If the prosecutors wanted to lean on her, they would do it before the plea deal. After the deal, they have gotten what they want.

I'm sure that the plea negotiations were something like "take this plea deal and agree to testify truthfully against your codefendants (Trump) or we will prosecute you to the full extent of the law". IANAL, but that is not extortion in the legal sense. It is putting pressure on a defendant, but that's what prosecutors DO.

Can the court revoke her plea deal on the grounds that her most recent public statements contradict her sworn statement to the court?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 pm I'm sorry, didn't her plea agreement very specifically say "thou shalt not say a damn thing to anyone" ?

Has Sydney come back less than a week after accidentally doing something smart and proved she still has plenty of Kraken level stupidity left?

I listened to the plea hearing. Twice. She was told not to speak to the media.

Throw the fucking book at her. :oldlady:
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:20 pm I'm sorry, didn't her plea agreement very specifically say "thou shalt not say a damn thing to anyone" ?

She’s being careful. So far. Powell is “sharing” posts and articles; they aren’t generated by her. The articles she is pushing from her dark money PAC name no authors.

I hope she slips up and violates the terms of her plea deal. I hope she spends long years in prison.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Whatever happened to "Never Surrender?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

IMHO, she violated the plea agreement, which means her plea should be withdrawn and she should go to trial.

With no further attempts at plea bargains, since she can't be trusted to keep an agreement. Trial, and then verdict, and then sentence. And fuck you, Squidney.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:like: :resist:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:16 pm Whatever happened to "Never Surrender?"
She is from the Confederacy after all.....

I'll come in again...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As far as I am concerned she violated her agreement. She isn't the Press "simply reporting what others say." She is using her freedom of expression to repeat something and giving tacit approval by not saying whether she agrees or not.

This isn't the schoolyard. These childish games pf skirting bit not quite breaking the law need the book thrown at them.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:42 pm
I listened to the plea hearing. Twice. She was told not to speak to the media.

Throw the fucking book at her. :oldlady:
THE book? I say throw the whole shelf at her, and maybe a bit of the wall too.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Just go back to the RICO charge, with the mandatory 5 years.

Oh, and we're going to start jury selection Monday, you did demand a speedy trial.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

No need for a trial. She pleaded guilty and that will stand. All the judge needs to do is change the sentence for cause.

One of the terms of the deal was that her failure to follow the conditions of release would not negate her guilty plea.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

She pleaded to a misdemeanor, didn’t she? But I understand that she would be subject to the remaining charges. Her trial was scheduled to start, if I remember correctly. Would the remaining charges now proceed to trial soon?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Willis seems sharp. I have to think she's seen enough of Powell to know the odds.

(Remember the Michigan sanctions appearance with Powell, Woods, and a cast of other deplorables, and how the judge couldn't believe they didn't validate depositions?)
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reddog wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:10 pm She pleaded to a misdemeanor, didn’t she? But I understand that she would be subject to the remaining charges. Her trial was scheduled to start, if I remember correctly. Would the remaining charges now proceed to trial soon?
She pleaded to one felony, but yes, she could still be charged with the charges dismissed in her plea deal. The big prize all the early flippers are getting is the dismissal of the RICO charge that has the 5 year minimum.

June bug

Post by June bug »

Powell pleaded to a misdemeanor, as did Scott Hall.

Chesebro and Ellis pleaded to one felony each, but those can be expunged if they live up to their plea agreements.

Question for our IAALs: Presuming they live up to their agreements, can they practice law before the felonies are expunged?
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Charge her with all the original charges you had against him.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

MAGA Wants To Abolish Plea Deals To Save Donald Trump

https://www.newsweek.com/jenna-ellis-pl ... on-1837798
Trump supporters are calling for the abolition of plea deals in a last-ditch attempt to save Donald Trump, but others are combatting that, saying "clearly the facts weren't on her side."

The former president suffered blows this week as four of his 18 co-defendants in an election subversion case in Georgia have now pleaded guilty in exchange for lesser charges, thus weakening his defense in the trial surrounding his actions around the 2020 election.

:snippity:

Reacting to the news, Trump supporters claimed figures like Ellis were pleading guilty despite being innocent out of pressure from prosecutors or to face less severe consequences.

Brandon Straka, who founded the #WalkAway campaign to encourage people to leave the Democratic Party, wrote on X, formerly Twitter, that "The plea deal system must be abolished."

"This is how evil, corrupt prosecutors are getting innocent people to plead guilty in their lunatic pursuit to get Donald Trump," he added.

"Jenna Ellis is not guilty.

"None of this would be happening if these prosecutors were forced to PROVE their cases, and not abuse the law by hideously overcharging people to the point of overwhelming them financially, emotionally, and practically—then saying, 'all of this goes away if you just plead guilty, and apologize publicly for a wrongdoing that we're making up'.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That would be great in a country where more than 95% of all criminal cases don't go to trial. I'm sure Mr. Straka would love to spend the rest of his natural life in a jury box. :roll:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
andersweinstein

Post by andersweinstein »

What stands out to me is mainly how cagey that story is in its formulations. It says in the headline and up front that she continues to "push" or "promote" this or that claim, but if you read further you find it never unambiguously attributes any statement to her. Rather you learn it's talking about some retweeets on Twitter, and, with respect to the claim that her plea was extorted, unsigned statements in a "dark money" political organization's newsletter, with, the article acknowledges, no indication she wrote them, and which primarily urged followers to read OTHER articles from The Federalist and Epoch Times in which these claims were made (though also highlighting certain passages in those articles).

ETA: I do grant it's an interesting issue what one can do by way of retweeting consonant with an agreement like hers. Are there precedents anywhere on this?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

:lol:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”