trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, contemnor, and rapist - $537M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

trump (the former guy, defamer, and rapist)

Post by RTH10260 »

‘He’s like a mob boss’: legal experts alarmed by Trump’s attacks on judges
Ex-president’s attempt to discredit charges with smear tactics weakens the judicial system, former judges say

Peter Stone
Mon 23 Oct 2023 12.00 CEST

As Donald Trump faces 91 criminal charges including 17 for his multifaceted drive to overturn his 2020 election loss, and a high-stakes civil trial, he has launched a spate of ad hominem attacks on two judges overseeing trials, posing physical risks for the judiciary and weakening the US judicial system, say former judges and legal experts.

Rising concerns about Trump’s attacks on judges and prosecutors were underscored this month when a federal judge in Washington DC and a state judge in New York issued tailored gag orders to curb Trump’s public tirades.

“Trump’s attacks on judges poison the civil atmosphere and make physical attacks … more likely,” said the retired Massachusetts judge and Harvard Law School lecturer Nancy Gertner. “Trump is challenging the very role of judges.”

Meanwhile, Trump’s lawyers have filed multiple motions to delay his trial on charges of mishandling classified documents until after the 2024 election, a major goal for Trump as he runs again for president and paints the numerous charges he faces as political vendettas by Democrats to energize his base and raise funds.

Legal experts say Trump’s tactics are unlikely to quash the criminal and civil charges from federal and state prosecutors in New York, Washington DC, Georgia and Florida, but that the former president’s strategy is to delay some trials with court motions, as he mounts incendiary attacks against judges and prosecutors that could disrupt the judicial system.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... ge-attacks
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Dammit. Now I have Madonna singing Like a Mob Boss in my head. Thanks for that!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You gotta get out more, bill. Retirement isn’t healthy for you.😳
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Mr brolin wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 4:11 am Jayzus Christ on a pogostick...... Don't these idiots who do all these Dog Emperor images grasp they use stock from the 40K Warhammer universe....?

I mean, the whole Canon is called Grimdark for a damn reason, genocide, fascism, mankind perpetually on the ropes with enemies that want to destroy you body and soul, perpetual war, loss of scientific knowledge reduced to cargo cult repetition, banning free thinking as heresy...

Damn, of course, its the Republican playback.... :eek:
Hence why I play Chaos...sure the Ruinous Powers are bastards...but they're honest [kinda] bastards who let you know what they expect and what you'll receive for your worship..
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

can I just state that I hate that mf'er and will pop champagne when he has eaten too many big macs
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:36 pm can I just state that I hate that mf'er and will pop champagne when he has eaten too many big macs
I too can not wait until it graces our "Burn in Hell..." thread....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

W looks like a saint next to the orange anus
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I can't wait to personally try to prove his Piss Proof Tomb is just another lie.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sad-cafe wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:48 pm W looks like a saint next to the orange anus
W?

Oh come on, Pol Pot looks like Mother Teresa next to him, standing on the mountain of skulls they found in Cambodia.

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:22 pm I can't wait to personally try to prove his Piss Proof Tomb is just another lie.
They'll just coat it with one of the chemicals they use in the pool at MaL to change color when someone pees in the water, and call that 'Piss Proof'.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Worth the price of admission.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Youngkin dismisses Trump early voting comments: ‘every single vote matters’

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... press.coop
The former president has had mixed messaging on early voting in particular. On Monday, Trump told his supporters at a rally in New Hampshire that they “don’t have to vote” and instead should “watch the voters.”

“So we have to be careful, you gotta get out there and you got to watch those voters,” Trump said. “You don’t have to vote, don’t worry about voting. The voting, we got plenty of votes, you gotta watch.”

Trump has recently at times encouraged early voting among Republicans, telling a crowd at the Conservative Political Action Conference in March to “[swamp] the left” with votes. But, the former president has repeatedly denounced mail-in and early voting and sowed doubt about the methods.

Last year, RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel made a plea to members of her party to stop discouraging early voting.

“Our voters need to vote early,” McDaniel told Fox News. “I have said this over and over again. There were many in 2020 saying, ‘Don’t vote by mail, don’t vote early.’ And we have to stop that and understand that if Democrats are getting ballots in for a month, we can’t expect to get it all done in one day.”

Youngkin’s state will take on highly competitive elections this year, with issues like crime and abortion holding prominence in the contests.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

This may have been shared back in the day, but just in case...

101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

USA Oregon - Former CEO of Sunwest Management Ordered to Pay Over $74 Million in Restitution to More than 1,400 Victims

PORTLAND, Ore.—The U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of Oregon announced today that the former CEO of Sunwest Management and associated companies, who previously admitted to orchestrating one of the largest financial fraud schemes in Oregon history, was ordered to pay over $74 million in restitution to more than 1,400 victims.

Jon Michael Harder, 58, a resident of Canyonville, Oregon, who pleaded guilty in 2015 to one count of wire fraud and one count of money laundering, was ordered to pay $74,062,211 in restitution to his victims.

On September 18, 2012, a federal grand jury in Portland returned a 56-count indictment charging Harder with mail fraud, wire fraud, and money laundering. On January 8, 2015, Harder pleaded guilty to one count each of wire fraud and money laundering. On November 18, 2015, Harder was sentenced to 180 months in federal prison and three years’ supervised release.

On January 13, 2021, after Harder had served just over five years of his 15-year prison sentence, President Donald J. Trump commuted his sentence to time-served.

Don couldn't let the investor class languish in jail.
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

bill_g wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:03 pm USA Oregon - Former CEO of Sunwest Management Ordered to Pay Over $74 Million in Restitution to More than 1,400 Victims
:snippity:

On January 13, 2021, after Harder had served just over five years of his 15-year prison sentence, President Donald J. Trump commuted his sentence to time-served.
[/i]

Don couldn't let the investor class languish in jail.
How much did trump charge for it? One million? Two million? Eleventy gazillion? Did trump use a sliding scale based on the ability to come up with a cash payment? Is a full pardon more expensive? These are important questions.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

But while Trump got his $74 million in a briefcase full of bearer bonds, the victims are gonna get worthless IOUs and unenforceable judgements against a guy still living in a $20 mansion in a state that basically let's you protect all your assets in bankruptcy under a "Homestead Exception Clause".

A term I learned when a guy named Marvin Warner was too poor to pay me the $375 he owed me from a not FDIC Savings and Loan account while living on his $5 million horse farm in Florida back when $5 million was a stupid amount of money for your supposed home. I used to wonder why he couldn't move into the little shed the guy who shoveled horse shit lived in (shown on a lifestyles of the rich and crooked I Team report on channel 12) and sell the rest of the place to pay me my money. (I did eventually get it after the state found a way to cover deposits).

The rich have to be pretty fucking caught by their penis to ever face actual consequences.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Last weekend, I watched The Fall of the House of Usher and The Painkiller on Netflix. The Fall of the House of Usher characters were based on the Sacklers in Painkiller. It was depressing that the Sacklers in real life got away pretty much with murder. Only in the horror series did the characters pay dearly for their transgressions. I'm finding this kind of stuff with tfg also depressing these days because I don't think any of them will see a day inside a prison.

:mad: :crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Fall of the House of Usher is based on several Edgar Allen Poe stories, the references are all over it.

It's also centered on a company selling drugs etc... but I didn't see the Sacklers. Like you say, there real life penalties involved charities returning millions of dollars in donations and the paid huge legal bills to make sure they got to separate their billions in personal money from the fifty three dollars they left in the cash register at the corporation that was lost in bankruptcy court.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

And as to the returning the donations.

Harvard had, like many places that took money from them, named a couple buildings after the family.
The fine old folks in the belfry of Widener Library decided that if they were to just rename the buildings they might get sued so they did the right thing which is easy with a $30 billion endowment, but is a much harder choice to make at, say Xavier, which didn't have any of their money but wouldn't be able to afford to give it back if they had.

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:48 pm But while Trump got his $74 million in a briefcase full of bearer bonds, the victims are gonna get worthless IOUs and unenforceable judgements against a guy still living in a $20 $180M mansion in a state that basically let's you protect all your assets in bankruptcy under a "Homestead Exception Clause".
FIFY
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Maybenaut wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 3:50 pm
Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:48 pm But while Trump got his $74 million in a briefcase full of bearer bonds, the victims are gonna get worthless IOUs and unenforceable judgements against a guy still living in a $20 $180M mansion in a state that basically let's you protect all your assets in bankruptcy under a "Homestead Exception Clause".
FIFY
Ahem. That would be ten times. I believe tfg explicitly specified one hundred times, so that would be a $1.8B mansion. :mrgreen:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:56 pm Just a reminder of what a turd tfg is, and where he got that word from. Probably his daddy, tbh.
I always wondered why he calls her that. Ugh. I'd only ever heard
► Show Spoiler
(hidden due to offensive language)
Maybe this is the "acceptable" version of that horrible term.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Over here "peekaboo" is something you say when you are playing hide and peek with toddlers.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:48 pm But while Trump got his $74 million in a briefcase full of bearer bonds, the victims are gonna get worthless IOUs and unenforceable judgements against a guy still living in a $20 mansion in a state that basically let's you protect all your assets in bankruptcy under a "Homestead Exception Clause".
Can he actually claim Homestead on MaL since technically it is not his homestead but a private club on the grounds of which he lives as an owner-employee?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”