Shiney New Rolodex

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Hi! I'm new here! I'm now suffering dry eye because I've been reading all over the forum, so thanks for that.

I live in Alabama, so sympathy cards accepted. Not a football fan (which people here don't understand) but I am from Texas originally (which may be a more state of more powerful football fans) and as a Houstonian will be keeping everything crossed tonight for the Astros to win.

I'd like to apologize for the existence of Tuberville (even though he doesn't live in Alabama; he's a FL panhandle guy) and for Roy Moore. Contrary to popular belief, I did not run the @RoyMoore'sHorse twitter page (Sassy deserves mercy).

Please come fill my rolodex with howdys!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Kendra

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Kendra »

Howdy! Welcome to our playpen.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by AndyinPA »

Welcome! :bighug: Glad to have you join us. Snacks will be served shortly.

(I don't like football either, and I'm in Steelers' country!)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by sugar magnolia »

Thanks for joining us. Red velvet cake on the back table. Unfortunately, you're too late for the sweet potato pie. It always goes first.

Not a huge college fan, but I have to root for LSU. We had kids at State, Ole Miss and Southern, and I can't play favorites.

Who dat!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Greetings! I'm Kriselda, your friendly neighborhood Viking :)

We don't seem to have too many around here who are obsessed with sportsball so you should be fine! :mrgreen:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Frater I*I »

Rolodex wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:34 pm :snippity:

I live in Alabama, so sympathy cards accepted.

:snippity:
In GA we say the reason that all the trees here lean west...is because Alabama sucks.... ;) :sarcastic:

Welcome to Teh Fogboz.... :wave:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:03 pm Thanks for joining us. Red velvet cake on the back table. Unfortunately, you're too late for the sweet potato pie. It always goes first.

Not a huge college fan, but I have to root for LSU. We had kids at State, Ole Miss and Southern, and I can't play favorites.

Who dat!
No problem with LSU from me even though I now have a kid at Ole Miss. On Saturdays I watch old movies on TCM. And dang - sweet potato pie is my favorite although red velvet is a close 2nd.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:32 pm
Rolodex wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 6:34 pm :snippity:

I live in Alabama, so sympathy cards accepted.

:snippity:
In GA we say the reason that all the trees here lean west...is because Alabama sucks.... ;) :sarcastic:

Welcome to Teh Fogboz.... :wave:
That's pretty funny - in Texas we always said we don't fall into the Gulf because Oklahoma sucks.
Always good to find a little oasis from the Alabama crazy.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Luke »

I'm glad you're part of our forum! Grumpy Git and I share a fondness for Mike Lindell, who's been a great source of humor for The Fogbow.

You're right, this is a nice group. We have some rules to keep out troublemakers, but Foggy is fair and funny. He puts the crazy ones in a special section where we can laugh at them. It's like a family here, we care for each other. There have even been real life meetups sometimes (ask Foggy about his pal Walter Fitzpatrick, he really wanted to join in).

What topics are you interested in? There's so much to learn and enjoy here. People have diverse passions and skills. Did you know that Fogbow was the #1 site for Mama June Shannon and the hit series "Mama June From Not to Hot" for a while? She's "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo's Mom. :lol: It's "The Fogbow's Favourite Show". I'm American, but I spell it "favourite" because it sounds more classy... like Mama June herself.

We also have our own lingo here. For example, Orly Taitz, the birther dentist, tried to say "smoke and mirrors but it came out" Smoking Mirrors". We had a lot of fun with that. :P

Feel free to ask me anything if you have questions. I hope you love Fogbow as much as I do. It's the only online forum I post on, along with Twitter. I really respect Foggy and the people here (but don't let them know I said that). :bighug:

P.S. Forget Roy Moore, I'm all for Trenton Garmon. He's hilarious, but he's been quiet since his drug arrest. Do you know him personally? Trenton, not Roy. :P

Here's a video of Trenton insulting Ali Velshi and Don Lemon (he called Don "easy peasy lemon squeezy", and Don wasn't amused). It's short, and shows part of his lawyer ad at the end.

More about Trenton from al.com --

https://www.al.com/news/huntsville/2019 ... arges.html
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by keith »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:19 am That's pretty funny - in Texas we always said we don't fall into the Gulf because Oklahoma sucks.
That's not how I heard the story.

It is my understanding is that the dust storms coming out of OK into TX is not because OK blows... its because TX sucks. (and also too it's got scientific meteorological backup because of the seasonal low that parks itself over TX).

Welcome.

My sister lived in Huntsville for 35 years (NOT the prison, he was a prof at Sam Huston). They couldn't wait to get out and retire to Wyoming.
If they tell you I fell off the bed and hung myself, I didn't.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by bill_g »

So, they moved from a city of 200,000 to a state of 200,000.

A thoughtful Christmas gift would be a 10 gallon gas can because there are more roads than gas stations in Wyo.

PS: Howdy and welcome Rolo. I'm one of the resident smartasses, a pretender of humorous lyrics and rhetorical statements, blown smoke artist, lapsed pragmatist, and nearly accurate time keeper. Ask me no pictures, and I'll bake you no cakes.
Fiascoist

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Fiascoist »

Hi, from a former Tulanian Green Waver here now retired in Costa Rica. Tulane was the football practice squad for the entire south during my sojourn there.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Welcome! You will see me post this emoji :bag: frequently in any post about Sarah Huckabee Sanders as I am a lifelong Arkansas resident who remembers when the Republicans were the progressive party here and the the yellow dog Democrats were led by Governor Orville Faubus.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Flatpoint High »

Welcome to the Fun House!!!!
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Oct 23, 2023 8:20 pm Greetings! I'm Kriselda, your friendly neighborhood Viking :)

We don't seem to have too many around here who are obsessed with sportsball so you should be fine! :mrgreen:
I like Vikings; I married one!
And yeah I'm out of step for where I live since I'm completely indifferent to sportsball.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by northland10 »

Welcome from the Northland.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Estiveo »

Welcome from the People's Republic of California!
Image Image Image Image
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:17 pm I like Vikings; I married one!
Well done, my friend, well done!

:mrgreen: :thor:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Welcome to the Fogbow family SNR :bighug:
RVInit

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by RVInit »

Hi, Rolodex! Nice to meet you. You fit in so nicely, you seem like an old timer already! Glad you are here. :wave:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

keith wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:13 am
Rolodex wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:19 am That's pretty funny - in Texas we always said we don't fall into the Gulf because Oklahoma sucks.
That's not how I heard the story.

It is my understanding is that the dust storms coming out of OK into TX is not because OK blows... its because TX sucks. (and also too it's got scientific meteorological backup because of the seasonal low that parks itself over TX).

Welcome.

My sister lived in Huntsville for 35 years (NOT the prison, he was a prof at Sam Huston). They couldn't wait to get out and retire to Wyoming.
Probably every state has a story about the one next door sucking. Here in Alabama I guess we're just mostly grateful to not be Mississippi.
I have a sister that went to Sam Houston! Even so I only ever think of the prison there.
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

bill_g wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:20 am So, they moved from a city of 200,000 to a state of 200,000.

A thoughtful Christmas gift would be a 10 gallon gas can because there are more roads than gas stations in Wyo.

PS: Howdy and welcome Rolo. I'm one of the resident smartasses, a pretender of humorous lyrics and rhetorical statements, blown smoke artist, lapsed pragmatist, and nearly accurate time keeper. Ask me no pictures, and I'll bake you no cakes.
Hi, bill_g! I moved from a city of 4 million to a state of 4 million. First we moved from Houston to Nashville, and I thought Nashville was the po-dunkiest place ever. The street system was weird, their pronunciations were weird (la-FAY-et instead of lah-fee-ET). Then we downsized further to a town of 60,000.
And smartasses make the world go round!
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

RVInit wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:40 pm Hi, Rolodex! Nice to meet you. You fit in so nicely, you seem like an old timer already! Glad you are here. :wave:
Thanks so much! I appreciate the warm welcome and so far I'm feeling right at home!
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Fiascoist wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 8:39 am Hi, from a former Tulanian Green Waver here now retired in Costa Rica. Tulane was the football practice squad for the entire south during my sojourn there.
Ooh la la Costa Rica!
LOL I went to Baylor - which, when I was there, was exactly as you describe Tulane. Everyone's favorite homecoming opponent. After I graduated I didn't follow them or care, but after the player abuse cover up (hello Kenneth Starr), I quit the alum association.
Rolodex

Shiney New Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:32 am Welcome! You will see me post this emoji :bag: frequently in any post about Sarah Huckabee Sanders as I am a lifelong Arkansas resident who remembers when the Republicans were the progressive party here and the the yellow dog Democrats were led by Governor Orville Faubus.
Anything making fun of SHS is good for me. But Alabama may have you beat on the crooked state pols: at one time we had:
  • Roy Moore, removed from AL Supreme Court twice
    • Mike Hubbard: speaker of the house convicted of ethics violations and embezzlement
    • Robert Bently: governor (aka the Luv Guv): misuse of public funds, but resigned before impeachment after an affair with his assistant came to light (via texts his wife saw on their synced iPad)
    These were all within the same(ish) time period (2014-16).
    Roy Moore runs the Foundation for Moral Law, which as far as I can tell is a family grift (his wife is pres, his several-arrests-for-drugs son is administrator). You can contribute by purchasing a "don't tread on me" license plate. I've seen 2 of those in the wild.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”