Hijack this thread

mimi

Hijack this thread

Postby mimi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:16 pm

mimi

Hijack this thread

Postby mimi » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:17 pm

Listeme,hope you're back to your fabulous self soon.

SueDB

Hijack this thread

Postby SueDB » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:23 pm

uh oh.[/break1]com/]http://teapartyzombiesmustdie.com/

Most excellent Miss Mimi!!!! Thank you - hours of fun for the whole family! =)) =)) =))
You can follow the action, which gets you good pictures.
You can follow your instincts, which'll probably get you in trouble.
Or... you can follow the money - The Two Jakes -

TexasFilly

Hijack this thread

Postby TexasFilly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:48 pm

September 7th, 201110:12 PM ETPolice are investigating the death of an Arkansas man whose naked body was allegedly found next to a sleeping TV weatherman in a hot tub after a night of drinking and drugs.The owner of the home awoke Monday morning to find the body of 24-year-old Dexter Williams at the bottom of an empty tub, his face blue and purple and a chain resembling a dog collar around his neck, according to a Maumelle Police report. Asleep next to him was KARK meteorologist Brett Cummins, 33, who had arrived at Christopher Barbour's home outside Little Rock accompanied by Williams around 8 p.m. on Sunday, Barbour told police.The three drank and snorted drugs, though Barbour told police he did not know what kind, Officer Gregory Roussie said in a report. The three continued drinking in the hot tub until Barbour retired for the night around 11 p.m., falling asleep on his couch.Barbour awoke to the sound of Cummins snoring and discovered the two in the hot tub, which had been drained of water, he told police. After he awoke Cummins, the two realized that Williams' face was discolored and his skin cold to the touch, prompting Cummins to scream and run to the living room, where he vomited, Barbour said.

[/break1]blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/police-arkansas-meteorologist-found-asleep-in-tub-next-to-dead-man/?hpt=hp_t2]http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/09/07/po ... ?hpt=hp_t2

raicha

Hijack this thread

Postby raicha » Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:57 pm

"Our Meteorologist Brett Cummins was at the home at the time of the death and we felt we should share this with our viewers," the report said. "Brett will not be on the air as he is mourning the loss of his friend. Our thoughts go out to the family and friends of Dexter Williams."

With friends like these...

...and police said they are not releasing preliminary autopsy results for Williams.

But they will tell you that one guy screamed like a girl before vomiting and that they

found a pill bottle next to a pair of khaki cargo shorts on a storage ottoman at the foot of the bed.

Some peculiar PR standards they have there.

TexasFilly

Hijack this thread

Postby TexasFilly » Thu Sep 08, 2011 11:55 pm

[highlight]Brett Cummins Says 'No Foul Play' in Bathtub Death[/highlight]By Arkansas Business Staff9/8/2011 8:15:44 PMKARK-TV, Channel 4, meteorologist Brett Cummins said in a statement late Thursday that he is "devastated" by the death of Dexter Williams and that "no foul play was involved."Cummins, 33, released a statement to CNN through his attorney, Mark Hampton of Little Rock, three days after he was first interviewed by authorities in the death of his 24-year-old friend at a Maumelle home following a Labor Day party."[highlight]Mr. Cummins deeply regrets the grief this incident has caused those who know him, especially his co-workers and family members,"[/highlight] Cummins' statement said.Williams' family also released a statement Thursday, saying they were "disturbed by the circumstances" of Williams' death. KARK posted both statements on its website.

[/break1]arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=128340.54928.140482&view=all]http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article ... 2&view=allYeah, because 24 year old guys just routinely die and are found with their head in a pool of blood (and a dog chain around their necks). And Mr. Cummins seems to think this is all about him, his family and co-workers!Some reports are saying this happened in a "bathtub" and others say "hot tub". Weird that two men would be in a bathtub, but also weird that a hot tub would be fully drained. Weathermen are weird. We had a guy here who was a coke freak, and then was caught doing coke, naked, with underaged boys. He was off the air for a couple of years, and then was right back on the same station.

Foggy

Hijack this thread

Postby Foggy » Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:50 am

float-lefthttp://www.scientificsonline.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/348x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/3200716.jpg[/img]Radio-Frequency Shielded Cap

Protect your brain from Radio-Frequency (RF) pollution with this cap. RF radiation has been linked with behavioral and cellular disturbances. Specially designed to shield the head from frequencies from below AM through microwave, including cellular phone frequencies, our adjustable, hand-washable baseball cap is lined with sophisticated Soft&Safe™ fabric featuring ultra-thin pure silver thread for increased radiation protection. Tan color, hand-washable, one size fits all.

Product includes:

• Protects your brain from Radio-Frequency (RF) pollution

• Designed to shield the head from frequencies from below AM through microwave, including cellular phone frequencies

• Tan color, hand-washable, one size fits all

$29.95 at (google it, I ain't really selling these)
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

listeme

Hijack this thread

Postby listeme » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:12 pm

Dang it, why do all the good hats have to be ball caps. I have a weird-shaped head and look like a chimpanzee in ball caps.Really.
Say what you mean.

SueDB

Hijack this thread

Postby SueDB » Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:39 pm

Dang it, why do all the good hats have to be ball caps. I have a weird-shaped head and look like a chimpanzee in ball caps.Really.

Not all of them are baseball caps.This one is for the really heavy nutters like Dr. Hate err Kate.[/break1]net/afdb/]AFDB Try this on for size.

Litlebritdifrnt2

Hijack this thread

Postby Litlebritdifrnt2 » Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:21 pm

[highlight]Brett Cummins Says 'No Foul Play' in Bathtub Death[/highlight]By Arkansas Business Staff9/8/2011 8:15:44 PMKARK-TV, Channel 4, meteorologist Brett Cummins said in a statement late Thursday that he is "devastated" by the death of Dexter Williams and that "no foul play was involved."Cummins, 33, released a statement to CNN through his attorney, Mark Hampton of Little Rock, three days after he was first interviewed by authorities in the death of his 24-year-old friend at a Maumelle home following a Labor Day party."[highlight]Mr. Cummins deeply regrets the grief this incident has caused those who know him, especially his co-workers and family members,"[/highlight] Cummins' statement said.Williams' family also released a statement Thursday, saying they were "disturbed by the circumstances" of Williams' death. KARK posted both statements on its website.

[/break1]arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?aID=128340.54928.140482&view=all]http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/article ... 2&view=allYeah, because 24 year old guys just routinely die and are found with their head in a pool of blood (and a dog chain around their necks). And Mr. Cummins seems to think this is all about him, his family and co-workers!Some reports are saying this happened in a "bathtub" and others say "hot tub". Weird that two men would be in a bathtub, but also weird that a hot tub would be fully drained. Weathermen are weird. We had a guy here who was a coke freak, and then was caught doing coke, naked, with underaged boys. He was off the air for a couple of years, and then was right back on the same station.

Skip Waters our local weatherman has had all sorts of urban legends rumored about him (including the infamous Richard Gere gerbil up the butt one). There was a case a few years ago where he was sued by a guy who said that he was in a relationship with him as a teenager but I think the case was either dismissed or was settled quietly out of court. Whatever, I do not care if Skip shoves gerbils up his butt, he is an absolutely brilliant meaty urologist (as our dear leader would say), when it came to predicting the eyewall landfall of Irene just recently he was THREE MILES off. He basically kicked the butts of all of the PHDs on TWC. I will listen to what everyone else says when it comes to Hurricanes but I will take as FACT what Skip says. We are VERY lucky to have him here in this area.

RTH10260

Hijack this thread

Postby RTH10260 » Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:43 pm

A cup of tea please !The other kind of a tea party ;)[BBvideo 425,350:khewwfgi]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=1e3_1315691999[/BBvideo]

listeme

Hijack this thread

Postby listeme » Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:00 pm

I'm alive :mrgreen: Verbie is the best nurse/cartoonist on the planet.I'm getting a lot of tv watching accomplished. Tv sucks, man.
Say what you mean.

MsDaisy

Hijack this thread

Postby MsDaisy » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:23 pm

Okay, question for all the HE-Man Obots.How many of you have ever gone to a cocktail party and stood there “literally” talking to a woman’s tits for 20 minutes? I’ve just come from a gathering of “prominent” locals where a certain Cardiologist literally talked for 20 minutes while staring (intently I might add) at my chest almost the entire time. NOT that my chest is much to look at. I’m a smallish person and my chest is pretty much not that impressive, but still the only time Dr. Cardio looked up at me was when I actually bent my head down to capture his gaze, which quickly reverted back to its original position. I nearly snapped my fingers a couple of times wanting to say, “Uhhh, Scuse Me! I’m up here, and they can’t hear you!” I was not dressed in such a manor to draw attention, just a simple black cocktail dress, with a “not” plunging neckline. And even if it had plunged, there ain’t a lot there in the middle to stare at, if ya know what I mean. So, WTF? Can someone explain why is it that men do this? I mean, what do you get out of that? And how would you feel if a woman spoke to your crotch for 20 minutes? (In a public gathering of course)Opinions?

verbalobe

Hijack this thread

Postby verbalobe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Okay, question for all the HE-Man Obots.How many of you have ever gone to a cocktail party and stood there “literally” talking to a woman’s tits for 20 minutes? ...Opinions?

:shock: I've never done that. Well, not since 10th grade, maybe. ;;) I remember being in 12th grade and hanging out at a coffee shop with my clique. Suddenly Theresa (super-bright, pretty militant, and what should have been beside the point: well endowed), seemingly out of nowhere, burst into a stream of invective, shocking me half out of my seat. Apparently the waiter who had just served us had been doing all sorts of gyrations to get a peek down her top -- and I'd been oblivious (to the waiter's behavior).It was a lesson I never forgot, that there were such behaviors to be aware of, that women were far more aware of them than men (typically), and most important, how demeaning and disgusting it was.

Sterngard Friegen

Hijack this thread

Postby Sterngard Friegen » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:53 pm

Get better, Listeme! Make Verbie work his ass off.(Does he know how lucky he is?)

verbalobe

Hijack this thread

Postby verbalobe » Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:59 pm

I just have to note: the moon (waning gibbous) and Jupiter are putting on a beautiful show tonight in crystal clear skies (for suburbia).

ZekeB

Hijack this thread

Postby ZekeB » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:10 am

Okay, question for all the HE-Man Obots.

In cases where women have worn something that you would call "provocative", I'd say there have been times when I had trouble keeping my eyes off "them." I'm an old dude now and that part of a woman's anatomy doesn't do it for me like it did when I was in, say, high school.Did he ever try to threadjack the conversation? :-?

kate520

Hijack this thread

Postby kate520 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:25 am

Maybe, Daisy, he can't look folks in the eye? When I was young, innocent, broke and in college I worked at one of those steak and ale places, where they made us wear serving wench costumes very much like what you see at RenFair today, but with short shorts instead of voluminous skirts. It was close enough to the Redskins summer practice fields that they would come for lunch nearly very day. I only lasted a couple of days. I endured the expected rude remarks, but also ice down my blouse, goosing and a surruptitious lick. (shudder) The last straw was some stupid linebacker asking me to pour his water..from the other side of the table. I turned in the lace-up vest, but not the hot pants and skimpy peasant blouse.My boyfriend loved that costume. 8-)

SueDB

Hijack this thread

Postby SueDB » Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:02 am

When I got married to my 1st...the judge stared at her breasts the ENTIRE TIME. She has a really nice silky blue dress. The thing that got the old boy was the tattoo of a butterfly between her nipples....

Foggy

Hijack this thread

Postby Foggy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:18 am

I speak as an expert on this subject. 8-)

Which is to say, I've had the honor of meeting Ms. Daisy and examining them thangs with my own personal eyebones. Plus, I've spent well over 40 years examining similar objects in order to hone my, umm ... expertise.

Hers are the perfect size, not too big, not too small. Goldilocks, eat yer heart out. However, like Zeke, at my advanced age I found her face was far more fascinating. We is not spring chickens, Ms. Daisy and me, but her face is so very full of beauty and character. It's a face worth looking at, on a woman of outstanding quality. :xo I'd say more about that, but there's a Mr. Daisy. :P

I believe kate520 has the correct assessment here -- Dr. Cardio can't look ladies in the eye. Any red-blooded American male who avoids looking at a beautiful face like Ms. Daisy's face has some other problem besides red-bloodedness (or mammarial obsessive disorder, as the case may be). The poor goob is prob'ly so socially inept that he doesn't even understand that staring at a woman's chest is offensive, but he had to look somewheres while he was conversing with her.

I'm going way out on a limb here and guess that he was about Ms. Daisy's height and maybe even a bit shorter. Even for a socially inept goob, if you have to look down to see a face, you have to look further down to stare at a woman's tits. I imagine if he was taller than her by 6" or more, he'd have stared over her head while talking instead.
"The only thing more dangerous than an idea is a belief. And by dangerous I don't mean thought-provoking. I mean: might get people killed." - Sarah Vowell

Foggy

Hijack this thread

Postby Foggy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:36 am

I should add that Mr. Daisy is a hell of an interesting and intelligent guy in his own right. I could spend hours talking to either one of them with never a dull moment. He took my boys down to the fishin' pond and gave them a chance to try their luck, but it was the wrong time of day and the fish wasn't havin' it.

As per usual, my boys were not excited by the prospect of meeting yet another of my weirdo forum friends, before we arrived. After spending a few hours there, however, they're dying to go back and visit sometime soon.

Return to “The Lounge”