INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
bob

INDICTED (INDICATED) #3 USA v Donald Trump - Judge Tanya Chutkan - #J6 Election Interference, Fake Electors - Jack Smith

Post by bob »

I lurve that Greene went "as a member of the Oversight Committee," and the court said, "Ma'am, this is a Wendy's," and sent her to the public line.
Image ImageImage
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 5:30 pm I don’t see that on his timeline FWIW.
The thing that makes me question it is his calling her Judge Chutney. I'd be surprised if he knew the word, much less had any clue as to what Chutney even is. It seems too highbrow for one of his 'nicknames'
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Fiascoist wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:46 am As an added bonus, I never saw a narcissist testify. Deep down, they know they can't hold it together during direct, let alone cross because they have no control over the situation.
If you want to see a narcissist testify, search YouTube for the Alex Murdaugh trial and find the video where he testified. He really thought he could schmooze the jury that way he had schmoozed people his entire life.

Murdaugh did far better than TFG could ever do, but the jury saw through it all anyway.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:18 pm
The thing that makes me question it is his calling her Judge Chutney. I'd be surprised if he knew the word, much less had any clue as to what Chutney even is. It seems too highbrow for one of his 'nicknames'
Whether or not it was written by Trump or one of his surrogates, I think the “Judge Chutney” comment conveys the casual racism that the MAGA base has come to expect from Dear Leader’s social media posts. The nickname demeans by linking the judge with something associated with non-white people. (Granted much of what passes for chutney in this country is a pale reflection of the original, having been jellied and sweetened for the early 20th century British palate.)
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Off Topic
jcolvin2 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 12:54 am
Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:18 pm
Whether or not it was written by Trump or one of his surrogates, I think the “Judge Chutney” comment conveys the casual racism that the MAGA base has come to expect from Dear Leader’s social media posts. The nickname demeans by linking the judge with something associated with non-white people. (Granted much of what passes for chutney in this country is a pale reflection of the original, having been jellied and sweetened for the early 20th century British palate.)
Having done two years out of Our Embassy in London, you can have my caramelized onion chutney covering a slice of double Gloucester cheese when you pry both out of my cold, dead hands.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I said to ol' Wifehorn in the car on Sunday, "Judge Chutney" is an obvious racist dog whistle, and I have been watching for it, but his white supremacist redneck supporters would have no idea what chutney is, much less that (yes, a version of it) is sold in Indian restaurants.

They've never been to an Indian restaurant. They've never seen one. There are no Indian restaurants in East Armpit, Alabama.

So Judge Chutney doesn't work. Unless he says it again, I has a suspicious about that Untruth®.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

As seen on discord, someone copied an ad they got when going to Truth Social to look at the https://truthsocial.com/@BidenHQ account. Which is indeed very funny.

Truthad.jpg
Truthad.jpg (48.5 KiB) Viewed 1411 times

Oh and as for why they joined Truthsocial?

veryfuny.png
veryfuny.png (23.36 KiB) Viewed 1412 times

Wouldn't it be funny if they started getting more traffic than Trump on his own site? :batting:
Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:33 am I said to ol' Wifehorn in the car on Sunday, "Judge Chutney" is an obvious racist dog whistle, and I have been watching for it, but his white supremacist redneck supporters would have no idea what chutney is, much less that (yes, a version of it) is sold in Indian restaurants.

They've never been to an Indian restaurant. They've never seen one. There are no Indian restaurants in East Armpit, Alabama.

So Judge Chutney doesn't work. Unless he says it again, I has a suspicious about that Untruth®.
In one of his recent postings regarding the NY trial, he made the statement that "the monkeys are running the asylum".

First of all, the phrase is usually "the inmates are running the asylum".

More importantly, though, IMHO, is the use of the work "monkey". That is often used as a racist euphamism for black people.

Is it just me, or is he becoming more and more obvious in his racism? He always showed glimmers of racism, but he seems to be more and more open about it.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

noblepa wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:14 pm Is it just me, or is he becoming more and more obvious in his racism?
It's not just you.
He always showed glimmers of racism, but he seems to be more and more open about it.
He's always been a racist shitstain and he's getting worse because older and more desperate about his own inferiority.

Remember that a black man was a much more intelligent, successful, and popular president. He can never match up, not in his head, not in mine.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Also, he got attention before by throwing veiled insults at people. There's no reason he wouldn't do it now when he is desperate for attention.

And he isn't a -cist. He despises EVERYONE.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Chutkan gag* order

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content ... 7-2023.pdf
Accordingly, and pursuant to Local Criminal Rule 57.7(c), it is hereby ORDERED that: All interested parties in this matter, including the parties and their counsel, are prohibited from making any public statements, or directing others to make any public statements, that target (1) the Special Counsel prosecuting this case or his staff; (2) defense counsel or their staff; (3) any of this court’s staff or other supporting personnel; or (4) any reasonably foreseeable witness or the substance of their testimony.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

p0rtia wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 5:18 pm Chutkan gag* order

https://www.justsecurity.org/wp-content ... 7-2023.pdf
Accordingly, and pursuant to Local Criminal Rule 57.7(c), it is hereby ORDERED that: All interested parties in this matter, including the parties and their counsel, are prohibited from making any public statements, or directing others to make any public statements, that target (1) the Special Counsel prosecuting this case or his staff; (2) defense counsel or their staff; (3) any of this court’s staff or other supporting personnel; or (4) any reasonably foreseeable witness or the substance of their testimony.
Yep, this aligns precisely with my expectations.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Off Topic
You have well and truly gone native.
Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:09 am Having done two years out of Our Embassy in London, you can have my caramelized onion chutney covering a slice of double Gloucester cheese when you pry both out of my cold, dead hands.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Off Topic
Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:09 am Having done two years out of Our Embassy in London, you can have my caramelized onion chutney covering a slice of double Gloucester cheese when you pry both out of my cold, dead hands.

OK, we've just gone through a jar of carmelized onion in spicy shiraz jam, more a chutney than a jam. We tried it with everything, and it was better than great, but we never found that perfect match. Gloucester cheese you say? I think I'm on a mission now.

FYI shiraz is a wine grape variety. Most of the world calls it syrah.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

keith wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 7:10 pm
Off Topic

OK, we've just gone through a jar of carmelized onion in spicy shiraz jam, more a chutney than a jam. We tried it with everything, and it was better than great, but we never found that perfect match. Gloucester cheese you say? I think I'm on a mission now.

FYI shiraz is a wine grape variety. Most of the world calls it syrah.
But did you try it with roast pork?
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Pork chop, not roast. Also lamb, crackers, cheddar cheese, not sure what else.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

Notice of appeal filed:

Although this was a nonfinal decision, the appellate court likely will rule it is still appealable under the collateral-order doctrine.
Image ImageImage
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

The appeal will happen concurrently with the trial so that’s a good thing, shouldn’t delay the trial itself, at least according to Popehat. Chutkan seems pretty determined to stick with the March date.

Correct me if I’m wrong, as I so often am. One of the things I admire most about IAALs is the ability to tell someone they’re a dumb mofo, but tactfully.
bob

Post by bob »

NewMexGirl wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 8:53 pm The appeal will happen concurrently with the trial so that’s a good thing, shouldn’t delay the trial itself, at least according to Popehat.
Correct. Unless there's a stay pending appeal, but I doubt either the district or appellate court will be inclined to grant that.

Given the upcoming trial date, I would not be surprised if actually expect the D.C. Cir. to expedite this appeal.
Image ImageImage
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Apparently tfg’s lawyer John Laura who submitted the appeal of Judge Chutkan’s gag order is not a member of the bar for the DC Court of appeals (this can be rectified).

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

One would think that a lawyer would know that he must be admitted to practice before the appellate court.

Apparently, one would be wrong.

He's not the same one who forgot to check the box for a jury trial in New York, is he?

Only the best.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I think it was Lady Hantavirus that forgot to tick the box.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Via Vanity Fair:
John Lauro wrote:“I’ve been a member of the DC bar and the federal trial court bar for nearly 40 years. This is a routine request from the federal appellate court to join its bar, which I will do in order to represent President Trump in this important matter.”
The esteemed members of the Fogbar can adjudicate as to whether this is a purely administrative thing, whether it is bad to be caught in this way, or what.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:20 pm :snippity:
The esteemed members of the Fogbar can adjudicate as to whether this is a purely administrative thing, whether it is bad to be caught in this way, or what.
I think I know what :oldman: would say. Attorneys are supposed to know the rules. Has Lauro never once filed an appeal in his 40 year career?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I’ve never filed an appeal in any federal court, except military courts and the U.S. Supreme Court. Even I know each circuit requires admission.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”