Still not 'duly elected' ... anything -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Still not 'duly elected' Arizona Governor -- Kari Lake, TFG Endorsee

Post by Luke »

Blehm and Lake wanted to confer in the hall. (A few minutes before, bizarrely, in the middle of cross, Blehm asked the judge if he could step outside for a quick 2 minutes to make a call. ??? NO). Judge decided on a break, so I wrote a little scene. AZ Law retweeted it, seems to fit what's going on... :P
Luke Johnson 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious

(In the hallway at #LakeVRicher)
Lake (to Blehm): Why THE FU*K did you make me come to this sh*tshow when we're going to LOSE again?
Blehm: Look, Mike Lindell is paying for this & this is what he wanted.
Lake: But I look like an idiot again.
Blehm: Welcome to the club.
(Scene.)

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kari Lake War Room @KariLakeWarRoom wrote: Watch @BlehmLawAZ make the case that there is NOTHING on these ballot envelopes that makes them private information.

He is then asked to "move on" by the judge
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Lest we forget (Boehm is Lake's lawyer in the above action)....
Alex Jones lawyer suspended 6 months over records release
By Dave Collins
Published 5:35 PM EDT, January 6, 2023

HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — A lawyer for conspiracy theorist Alex Jones has been suspended from practicing law in Connecticut for six months for improperly giving Jones’ other attorneys in Texas confidential documents, including the medical records of relatives of victims of the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting.
https://apnews.com/article/legal-procee ... 181632be6d
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Arizona has an Address Confidentiality Program for victims of domestic violence, sexual offense and/or stalking, which allows them to use a substitute address instead of their real address. This applies to elections as well. I suspect this would be an area where the deniers if they got ahold of the envelopes, would scream fraud when an address came up as not matching a real address.

Too also, while other peoples' addresses may not be protected data in the internet world, governments prefer to restrict access to those with a valid business need to ensure the privacy of the voters, which will help ensure trust in the election system (in my NGO world, while something like an address or name is lower risk for PII, Personal Identifiable Information, we would not release even that without the user having a legitimate business need and the subject being aware of their privacy rights... I pay attention to our yearly data privacy training).

Lake, Lindell, and Co. have proven that they cannot be trusted to limit access to a legitimate business processing need and will use it to allow people to harass other voters.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

:puke:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:36 am :puke:
It's another cult.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I have been fascinated lately by people like those who made the video who call the American flag "the red, white, and blue," like that identifies only the American flag. Do you know how many nations have flags using only the colors (cough, cough, Cuba) red, white, and blue? Oh wait, I had to get rid of my map of the world shower curtain! I can't answer my own question!

:boxing:
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And the reason the American flag is Red, White and Blue is because it was the colours of the FRENCH flag. You know, those guys who were off winning the American war of Independence while Washington was hammering his gang of misfits into a professional army. And who not only were honoured for their help in the colours of the American flag, but by having a French statue sit out in the Harbour of New York - Le Statue de la Liberté.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

The heck with that, Suranis -- FREEDOM FRIES, baby! :lol:

I'd back a Constitutional Amendment that prohibits lying and grifting MAGAts like Kari Lake, John Eastman, Mike Flynn, Brandon Straka, T**** et all from using the word "patriot". Extra harsh penalty for capitalizing it. They make a mockery of that word. Too also, any of them that use "Democrat Party" instead of "Democratic Party" (thanks Rush, burn in hell) should have their message immediate deleted by the Government Censorship Office & Sports Bar. I already enforce that by, when I see "Democrat Party", I won't read on. Works out. /yells at cloud :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 12:43 pm The heck with that, Suranis -- FREEDOM FRIES, baby! :lol:

I'd back a Constitutional Amendment that prohibits lying and grifting MAGAts like Kari Lake, John Eastman, Mike Flynn, Brandon Straka, T**** et all from using the word "patriot". Extra harsh penalty for capitalizing it. They make a mockery of that word. Too also, any of them that use "Democrat Party" instead of "Democratic Party" (thanks Rush, burn in hell) should have their message immediate deleted by the Government Censorship Office & Sports Bar. I already enforce that by, when I see "Democrat Party", I won't read on. Works out. /yells at cloud :P
Right on brother. :boxing:
Luke

Post by Luke »

:boxing: Heck yeah, RC! I'm about to post a tweet about it and looking up the history. Didn't realize it's gone on for so long. I can sort of understand stupid, uninformed voters not knowing, it's their idiot leaders who know damn well what they are doing. #LockThemUp :lol:
The party traces its roots to 1792 and the anti-federalist faction led by Thomas Jefferson. The Jeffersonians called themselves “Republicans” at first, and later “Democratic-Republican.” The party splintered in the late 1820s, and the faction led by Andrew Jackson in his successful presidential campaign of 1828 became the modern Democratic Party. It formally adopted the name “Democratic Party” at its convention in 1844.

However, some Republican leaders have made a habit of referring to their opposition incorrectly and discourteously as the “Democrat Party.” The reason isn’t entirely clear; it may be meant to imply that the party isn’t sufficiently “democratic” in the general sense, or may just be meant as a petty insult. In August 2006, Hendrik Hertzberg traced this Republican usage, which he termed a “slur” on his party, back to the 1940s. He says it was used by opponents to needle the powerful Pendergast organization in Kansas City, which backed Harry Truman. He also says it was used often by the late Sen. Joseph McCarthy.

More recently, President Bush has used the term regularly, even employing it in his 2007 State of the Union address when he said, “I congratulate the Democrat majority” in Congress, referring to his own party’s defeat in the mid-term congressional elections the previous year. He did that either deliberately or out of habit; the prepared remarks that he was reading, and which had been given to reporters beforehand, used the proper name of the party.
https://www.factcheck.org/2007/12/the-d ... rat-party/
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

"some" ??? and "some Leaders??? How about, "all"!!! Or recast thee sentence to say that it written in stone that all Republicans must use "Democrat" rather than "Democratic."

I hate qualified reporting like that. Fact check should be ashamed.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:22 am And the reason the American flag is Red, White and Blue is because it was the colours of the FRENCH flag. You know, those guys who were off winning the American war of Independence while Washington was hammering his gang of misfits into a professional army. And who not only were honoured for their help in the colours of the American flag, but by having a French statue sit out in the Harbour of New York - Le Statue de la Liberté.
Um, the Union Jack was also Red, White, and Blue and the Grand Union flag, 13 stripes with a Union Jack in the upper left, was used by the Continental Navy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Union_Flag
101010 :towel:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:54 pm Um, the Union Jack was also Red, White, and Blue and the Grand Union flag, 13 stripes with a Union Jack in the upper left, was used by the Continental Navy.

Are you saying that the Continental navy was French? :shock:
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

northland10 wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 1:54 pm Um, the Union Jack was also Red, White, and Blue and the Grand Union flag, 13 stripes with a Union Jack in the upper left, was used by the Continental Navy.

In all seriousness, yes I was wrong. It seems the Tricolour of France was only adopted in 1789. Its a good day when you learn something new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_France

The American flag according to your link was close to the Flag of the East India company at the time.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_t ... ia_Company
Hic sunt dracones
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Off Topic
Thanks Suranis, I didn’t think that was a reasonable explanation. I had never thought of why it’s red, white and blue. The explanations of the colors seemed to come about after the flag design.
Personally my thought is that the colors were chosen on a more pragmatic basis i.e. availability, cost, and color fastness of dyes before aniline dyes were available.
I may have misunderstood your statement that the Statue of Liberty (La Liberté éclairant le monde) is there to honor France. It seems that we’re generally taught that it was in fact the opposite. That the people of France gifted it to the United States.
The idea for the statue was born in 1865, when the French historian and abolitionist Édouard de Laboulaye proposed a monument to commemorate the upcoming centennial of U.S. independence (1876), the perseverance of American democracy and the liberation of the nation's slaves.
The statue was funded by public donations, I wasn’t there but it seemed that the people were grateful for the gesture.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I watched most of the hearing Thursday in Lake v Richer. (Lake is suing Richer in his capacity as MC Recorder, because she says that absentee ballot envelope info--name, address, signature, and who knows what else) is public info, and that by George the public have a right to see those ballot envelopes.

Things that struck me:

Blehm (I will never be able to remember how to spell his name), representing Lake, who was there for most of the day, was not at his best. You could see that he was experienced and well-spoken (actually better that at the Alex Jones trial). But he was phoning it in. Lots of joking with Richer, with the judge, with the MC attorneys. All friends together. Sort of weird. Anyway, he seemed resigned to the inevitable loss.

Kari Lake spent a surprising amount of time telling apparently telling Blehm stuff. Staying engaged for the camera.

So the testimony covered two areas. 1) what do the Maricopa County and state regs say about public information. 2) giving people voter absentee voter info is an invitation to harrassment and threats of violence by MAGA--but not _you_ Kari, we never got any threats from _you_.

1) I missed a lot of the testimony about what the regs are. No I was not mooning over Stephen Richer (much); I just missed it, and the sound was bad. Bottom line appeared to be that yes, many public records include names and addresses and even signatures, but no, ballot envelopes are not pubic records. And it's this way throughout the state. And the readings that Blehm attempts to impose upon the regs are inaccurate.

2) So, following on from (1), you'd have to be an idiot not to realize that Malign MAGAts are at war with people who vote absentee in MC. And specifying who voted absentee in a particular contest is insane. Three or four witnesses who have been harrassed by Malign MAGAts, including Richer, who, in his amiable, quoted one of hundred of communciations he's received telling him to "prepare to die, Jew, as an oven was being prepared. And that went for his wife and children too. "

The judge, who I didn't think I was going to like, actually turned out to be just fine. As noted above, he nixed most of Lake's "expert" witnesses because, surprise surprise, they are not experts. But it was fun listening to Blehm saying yes, so and so is indeed an expert, and worked for a company that did election recount work. "You mean the Ninjas?" asked the Judge. "Yes," answered Blehm. "Sorry, no," said the judge, adding something spicy I've forgotten.

Second day of the trial is Monday. I think maybe MC has a couple more witnesses, and I assume Blehm will drag out some one to support the insupportable. Since this has nothing to do with Lake's ongoing attempts to get the 2022 election overturned, that was it.

I mean, seriously. Lake is suing MC so that she can get private contact info and signatures of absentee ballot voters so that her flying monkeys and all the flying monkeys of the world can harass and threaten them.

In today's climate. Good luck with that.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Thank you p0rtia for the fine summary. I watched the last part of Ritcher's testimony. I believe that MC is the defendant so they are going last. Their attorney said they had two more witnesses on Monday. So unless Blehm has rebuttal witnesses they will move on to closing arguments thereafter.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Thank y’all for the updates. I wish I could have seen MY BOYFRIEND! I will miss him on Monday too!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 7:50 pm Thank y’all for the updates. I wish I could have seen MY BOYFRIEND! I will miss him on Monday too!
He's MY secret boyfriend....

But I'll share.

https://www.youtube.com/live/h7pPQLLECc ... -xf9dW1fNT
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: I’ll share too, also.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Another monarchy sharing the American colours

Thailand
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Reddog wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 5:19 pm
Off Topic
Thanks Suranis, I didn’t think that was a reasonable explanation. I had never thought of why it’s red, white and blue. The explanations of the colors seemed to come about after the flag design.
Personally my thought is that the colors were chosen on a more pragmatic basis i.e. availability, cost, and color fastness of dyes before aniline dyes were available.
I may have misunderstood your statement that the Statue of Liberty (La Liberté éclairant le monde) is there to honor France. It seems that we’re generally taught that it was in fact the opposite. That the people of France gifted it to the United States.
The idea for the statue was born in 1865, when the French historian and abolitionist Édouard de Laboulaye proposed a monument to commemorate the upcoming centennial of U.S. independence (1876), the perseverance of American democracy and the liberation of the nation's slaves.
The statue was funded by public donations, I wasn’t there but it seemed that the people were grateful for the gesture.
The pedestal was funded by public donations, the statue was a gift of the Republic of France. When it got here, it sat in a warehouse for 10 years for a lack of a place to put it.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Great report, P0rtia. The sound and everything was better on YouTube, here's one part and the others are there too also.

https://twitter.com/arizonaslaw will be live tweeting it tomorrow. I think I'll keep going with the Eastman case, that's Tue-Fri, 26-29th.
raison de arizona

Day two.

Return to “Governors & State Elections”