Cats!

Post by Kendra »

Sorry for your loss, it's never easy. :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

I like the idea of the Rainbow Bridge, but when I die do I get my old longtime girlfriends back?

Because as much as I love ol' Wifehorn, I sincerely, devotedly, unredeemably loved those ladies much more than any pet I ever loved. And I think ol'Wifehorn would be impressed by all three of them, as long as there was nothing physical going on.

And how do you do anything physical when you're all dead? :think: It's a puzzle.

There's only three. Terry, Cathy, and Ellen. They are fine, intelligent, strong-willed, awesome, Catholic ladies, and I love all three of them to this very day (although not as much as ol' Wifehorn).

I still love all three. I want to meet them again, on the Rainbow Bridge. Can I trade a few pets that weren't that great?
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
John Thomas8

Cats!

Post by John Thomas8 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:57 pm I like the idea of the Rainbow Bridge, but when I die do I get my old longtime girlfriends back?
I'm going with I'm gonna get reunited with all the little furry ones we've been fortunate to have in our home over the years.
June bug

Cats!

Post by June bug »

John Thomas8 wrote: Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:43 pm

I'm going with I'm gonna get reunited with all the little furry ones we've been fortunate to have in our home over the years.
Me too, JT, me too. :bighug:
roadscholar

Cats!

Post by roadscholar »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:57 pm I like the idea of the Rainbow Bridge, but when I die do I get my old longtime girlfriends back?
May it be so. 🙏🏻
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:57 pm I still love all three. I want to meet them again, on the Rainbow Bridge. Can I trade a few pets that weren't that great?
Well, since Heimdal is the guardian of the Rainbow Bridge, you'd probably have to talk to him about it :)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

That's probably the only thing about dying I'm looking forward to.
What's really cool is I'm pretty sure they've all been able to find each other. I've almost always had pets in pairs, and they've managed to overlap in such a way that it actually forms an unbroken chain - My parents and I started with Frisker when I was 3, the she had Dorothy, who knew my cat Acyl, who knew Sabaka and Tasha, who lived with Xander, who lived with Laika, who spend time with Von and we now have both him and Sasha. Over 50 years of black furry love! :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

shannon
Verified:

Cats!

Post by shannon »

The cats in Reykjavik are....well, everywhere. Well kept, well fed, and absolutely bold as brass. The Icelanders have a very interesting relationship with their cats. (I suspect because they remember who pulled Freyja's chariot, after all.)

So I was walking back to my flat after classes, in a day that was pouring rain. And this mackeral-striped tabby comes up, as I reach my flat, and head butts me. The second I opened the door, zip! By the time I got my shoes off in the entryway and hung my jacket up to dry, he had gone into the inner apartment and was busy on my bed drying himself and demanding pets. Being a well-trained thumb beast, I gave him the pets, while also writing down the phone number on the tag.

Now I should note there's an Icelandic tradition of calling your pets and kids "little asshole". The idea behind this is you don't want the huldufólk or álfar to take them away. So you're basically saying "Oh, no you don't want that cat / kid, they're a little asshole" with the idea that the huldufólk will decide they're not worth it and leave them be.

So I call the cat's person and explain their cat is in my flat.

The person goes "oh, yeah, he's a little asshole, just let him out when he's ready". Which turned out to be about 45 minutes later
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

:lovestruck: :mrgreen:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Cats!

Post by RTH10260 »

:doh: :cantlook:

Foggy
Dick Tater

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

Yesterday when I was quietly reading my tablet, the Moo Cow Girl jumped from the bed onto my lap. I have measured (I'm redesigning a couple rooms and have a nice tape measure upstairs) and it was a little more than 4 feet. She jumped four feet through the air and landed on me.

Which meant that she had momentum and gravity goin' for her, and some nice speed built up before she landed.

On my legs. When I wasn't looking.

Then she curled up in the little gap between my legs and the side of the recliner and went to sleep.

:smoking:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

Moo Cow Girl: "Hay nao, I stuck the landing. The East German judge gave me a solid 10. You realize I could have kicked you in the balls, daddy, yesno?" :batting:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Cats!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’ve been sleeping on the living room sofa (not a sofa bed, just a narrow sofa) for three weeks because our queen bed isn’t big enough with mr520’s injury. I’m what you call an active sleeper 😊.

So I’m all ready to turn out the light and close my eyes when I hear thunder paws coming my way. The kittens (15 mos and 5 mos) are having a rave. I listen with my eyes closed, imagining the cuteness. They come thundering into the room and head for the cat tree. The paws pause but I can hear them banging around. Then I hear a tiny thud followed by a bigger one and suddenly they’re both racing across my face, claws out.

I feel vaguely Māori today. I have several healing dots that look like tattoos on my forehead and cheeks.

Cats. :roll:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

I would've screamed and added to the excitement. :mrgreen:

Those cats took three weeks before they did that. They were practicing when you weren't around.
Reddog

Cats!

Post by Reddog »

shannon wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:44 am The cats in Reykjavik are....well, everywhere. Well kept, well fed, and absolutely bold as brass. The Icelanders have a very interesting relationship with their cats. (I suspect because they remember who pulled Freyja's chariot, after all.)
:snippity:
A few years ago my daughter and I stopped in a nice clothing store in Reykjavik. I was admiring one display that I thought they had put a stuffed cat in. Beautiful cat. I admired the quality of the workmanship, it looked so lifelike. Then it yawned.
Turned out it was a celebrity. I looked it up , I think it was Baktus. Had a nice conversation with the Polish clerk.
pipistrelle

Cats!

Post by pipistrelle »

Reddog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:18 pm
shannon wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:44 am The cats in Reykjavik are....well, everywhere. Well kept, well fed, and absolutely bold as brass. The Icelanders have a very interesting relationship with their cats. (I suspect because they remember who pulled Freyja's chariot, after all.)
A few years ago my daughter and I stopped in a nice clothing store in Reykjavik. I was admiring one display that I thought they had put a stuffed cat in. Beautiful cat. I admired the quality of the workmanship, it looked so lifelike. Then it yawned.
Turned out it was a celebrity. I looked it up , I think it was Baktus. Had a nice conversation with the Polish clerk.
https://instagram.com/baktusthecat?igsh ... IwNjQ2YQ==
shannon
Verified:

Cats!

Post by shannon »

Reddog wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 3:18 pm

I have petted that cat
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Cats!

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Well it's official, Whiskers has had all of her shots so now she can come in the house. She's very affectionate and purring up a storm but still has to meet all the others, the 3 cats Trudy, Katie and Pickle and the brain damaged dogs Wally and Henry. Henry is a girl named after Henry Handel Richardson.
Whiskers.jpeg
Whiskers.jpeg (66.7 KiB) Viewed 7913 times
She's a very pretty green eyed girl and for now I have her stopped up in the library where she's carefully exploring every inch.
John Thomas8

Cats!

Post by John Thomas8 »

Such a cutie!
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Cats!

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m so glad she decided to stay - she made the right choice!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Cats!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Hiya, Whiskers!!!! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Cats!

Post by Foggy »

:wave:

Return to “General Stuff”